Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
415,981 - 416,000 of 533,292 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

1st Corinthians 5:7-8

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

557 266 257 580 575
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is you that is mis-understanding what the Passover consists of. Christ became the Passover hence He gave the following commandment to observe it in remembrance of Himself...
http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...
But there is a certain time of year that we do it which we call Passover in remembrance of Him offering His own blood,replacing the blood of animals that they were commanded by God to do when Israel was coming out of bondage. Te death angel,when he saw the blood on the door posts of the children,he would PASSOVER that house.
God gave instructions on how to set the date for observing this ceremony which is given in Exodus 12 and they were to observe it forever and Christ replaced it later with Himself which we are still to observe.(See the scriptures I linked above).
I am surprised that you are unfamiliar with the Passover ceremony which is simply TAKING COMMUNION in rembrance of Christ becoming our Passover. Many people are unaware that Christ was crucified and became our Passover at the exact time of year that the old Passover was observed by the children of Israel.; That's why we observe it 14 days after the Spring Equinox as instructed by God. Do you understand now? Whew!
The Savior identified himself with the paschal lamb as its great Antitype, in substituting the Lord's supper for the Passover. "Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us," 1Co 5:7 and as we compare the innocent lamb slain in Egypt with the infinite lamb of God, the contrast teaches us how infinite is the perdition which He alone can cause to "pass over" us, and how essential it is to be under the shelter of his sprinkled blood, before the night of judgment and ruin overtakes us.

As to the Christian Passover, the Lord's supper, it was instituted by Christ when, at the last Passover supper he ate with his apostles, he gave them a symbol of his body to eat, and a symbol of his blood to drink, under the form of bread and wine; prefiguring that he should give up his body to the Jews and to death. The paschal lamb, which the Jews killed, tore to pieces, and ate, and whose blood preserved them from the destroying angel, was a type, and figure of our Savior's death and passion, and of his blood shed for the salvation of the world.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews may be of Hebrew origin through Jacob and the tribes of Judah and Benjamin and those Levites that stayed in the kingdom of Judah when the the other ten tribes of Israel dispersed to the North. However
a Hebrew is niot a Jew as there was none at the time of Abraham and his kinsman nor was Issac.
What do you think of this concerning the """JEWS" "".

http://www.theseason.org/ezra/ezra2.htm
Anonymous

Flinders, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Say what you will about the Roman Catholic Church. Every institution on earth has been and still is deceptive with respect to cover ups.

People are quick to blam the church, yet the biggest cover up of childhood abuse is in families.

I am a proud Catholic and have the utmost faith in my priests and their work. We grew up with good, trustable priests. Our religion does not run down others for example either, like some other religions!

Those who it can be proven beyond any doubt have abused children deserve the death penalty in my opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Okay. That is PASSOVER and the date for the observance of Passover is set by God in Exodus 12. How do you guys set the date for the heathen holiday known as Easter?
Christians do not set any date for any heathen holidays...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Testing my Christian family. How is that the word EASTER actually appears in scripture? What's up with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. Tell it like it T.I.S tis,lol. We consider the creation of Adam to be the age of flesh. It was in that first earth and heaven age that the dinosaurs existed. We are now in the second age which is the age of flesh and soon we will be entering that third and final age where there will be no more flesh but we return to those spiritual bodies.
How is it that you are aware of these things? Is it possible that you study with the same teacher that I am tutured under? Hmmm.
Genesis 1:3-5

King James Version (KJV)

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

There is no Scripture that gives a date for the creation of heaven and earth....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of this concerning the """JEWS" "".
http://www.theseason.org/ezra/ezra2.htm
God stated in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 that He knew the blasphemy of those that claim to be Jews and are not. The tribe of Judah was infiltrated during the captivity so that today many that claim to be Jewish are NOT. This link that I posted form 2nd Chaoter of Ezra should open ones eyes about the Jews if they read the link carefully by studying along with the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Testing my Christian family. How is that the word EASTER actually appears in scripture? What's up with that?
Ac 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.{Easter: Gr. Passover}{quaternions: a file of four soldiers}
(KJV)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is so much confusion surrounding the dating for the observance of Easter. Had God set the date as He did for the observance of the Passover there would not be this much confusion surrounding this day. But since Easter is a holiday with its rooths baptized in pagan origins God had nothing to do with setting the date for Easter. Open your eyes man. Not those eyes but your SPIRITUAL EYES.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Christ crucify
yes
please tell me whats deference
woman stay near his graveyards yes sheep sleep there
where is any man..oh many priest say today no its not woman..yes it is..
now i sleep on floor under Cross..
now
many tradition culture express themself on deference way
Jesus shade blade on Cross too.

now..Mercy is so nise modern then you think..yes then how you express your Mercy..
God created 3x kingdom
flora fauna tree
now
you try put fire as well set up fire under flower
jesus not forget his tears
gospodine kad nestane vode za moje cvijece
puti jednu suzu da se moj korjen napoji tvojom vodom srece da one muke tvoje koje se ti sjecas a sad od radosti otkloni tu vatru koju drugi setiraju.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R eform_of_the_date_of_Easter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_of_the_da...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

580 559
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is so much confusion surrounding the dating for the observance of Easter. Had God set the date as He did for the observance of the Passover there would not be this much confusion surrounding this day. But since Easter is a holiday with its rooths baptized in pagan origins God had nothing to do with setting the date for Easter. Open your eyes man. Not those eyes but your SPIRITUAL EYES.
You need help!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:3-5
King James Version (KJV)
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
There is no Scripture that gives a date for the creation of heaven and earth....
No one said that there was actually a date set for the creation of the earth. We simply stated that the earth has to be billions of years old and not a mere 6000 years years old as many of the Biblically Illiterate Christians think. Even modern day scientists know that the earth is older than a mere 6000 years old. Christians really show their ignorance when tney cLaim that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

582 559
Tony17 wrote:
Get help...soon!!!

Christians do not set any date for any heathen holidays

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ac 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.{Easter: Gr. Passover}{quaternions: a file of four soldiers}
(KJV)
You still didn't explain why the word Easter is in the Bible when it shouldn't be.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
God stated in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 that He knew the blasphemy of those that claim to be Jews and are not. The tribe of Judah was infiltrated during the captivity so that today many that claim to be Jewish are NOT. This link that I posted form 2nd Chaoter of Ezra should open ones eyes about the Jews if they read the link carefully by studying along with the Bible.

Jesus dealt with the Jews 2000 years ago. They are of no more concern. If you read the entire chapters of Rev 2 & 3 from verse 1 these were written to the Christian churches about spiritual Jews.(Gal 3:28)

Later Jesus told us about the Roman Harlot
http://youtu.be/toBOML5W4uQ

Rev 2 & 3 - SoS
www.keyway.ca/htm2005/20050902.htm
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
No one said that there was actually a date set for the creation of the earth. We simply stated that the earth has to be billions of years old and not a mere 6000 years years old as many of the Biblically Illiterate Christians think. Even modern day scientists know that the earth is older than a mere 6000 years old. Christians really show their ignorance when tney cLaim that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Other scientists disagree. Evolution is just a new theory in refute all over the internet. Too many things disprove their dating methods. The Bible genealogies do produce 6000 years. 4000 years before the cross. There's a millennial week. You and Ox are advocating atheism. The scientists who claim bazzillion of fictional years do not believe in God, and many are Jesuits. The father of the 'big bang' hoax was a Jesuit.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:

Tony, there are two studies about this:

KJB Answer Book

www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158cont.asp

and

toolong.org

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>No one said that there was actually a date set for the creation of the earth. We simply stated that the earth has to be billions of years old and not a mere 6000 years years old as many of the Biblically Illiterate Christians think. Even modern day scientists know that the earth is older than a mere 6000 years old. Christians really show their ignorance when tney cLaim that the earth is only 6000 years old.
If that is what identifies Christians...put me down as being the top pagan guru!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 54 min I_am_Belisarius 29
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 4 hr Jaffna Fake Brahmin Dog 3
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••