Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,800)

Showing posts 415,981 - 416,000 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

praying to creation is what their doing, its that simple.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Barge!!!!
On this...the Catholics got it right: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....
I would prefer you do not refer to me as bro....we don't have he same Father...
lol i saw i sounded rough, nevertheless unless you have The Spirit of Jesus you are Not of God. Blessings

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
lol i saw i sounded rough, nevertheless unless you have The Spirit of Jesus you are Not of God. Blessings
Jesus was not..is not God the Father

Even as true worshipers of God recognize that the will or desire of God is superior to their own will or desire, Jesus acknowledged God's will was superior to his own. In acknowledging this, Jesus indicates that he was inferior to God. Thus, at the time just before his death, the Bible says, at Luke 22:41 & 42:

"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done."

At the time of Jesus' resurrection from the dead, Jesus spoke to Mary Magdalene, as described in the Book of John, at chapter 20 and verse 17, which reads:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Inasmuch as Mary was not ascending, but Jesus was, this passage is telling us that Jesus was going to ascend to heaven, where his father already was - the one he describes here as his God.

How can anyone, with an ounce of brain, read that, and say, "Jesus is God" is beyond me.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
Deconstructing Christian-Zionism
The purpose here is not to bash someone's beliefs rather show from history and the Bible the false doctrine: Christian Zionism, that most of Christianity today follows, including most Evangelicals or Protestants and some Catholics.
First to identify exactly what is CZ.
Any or all of the following is Christian Zionist theology:
• recognition of modern Israel as Biblical.
• looking for a rebuilt temple.
• looking for an antichrist.
• 42 months, 3.5 years or 7 years of Great Tribulation.
Other aspects in the book of Revelation include:
• the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11.
• CZ has taken the entire book of Revelation from chapter 4 on and placed it off in the future, following the 7 year Great Tribulation, often called the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse & Armageddon.
stupid are those who follow false doctrine like you are.God has not forgot His promise to Israel as recorded in Is. chapter 49.
Isaiah 49
13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
15 [But, God said] Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

no ox..you are wrong ones more..
explain please
why i am wrong when i say necu or no..
please
i say how many Mary exist within one
please explain
when i say in matrix is so long what?
please explain when i say did you lift up your soul for what=how you call that idol..
what
Please.. you judging behind culture dance tradition this or that as well keep people in silence..
oh..then why i am wrong?
Why you against ordinary people?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

and he will knock knock as well asked ..what you have there ..heart..he art every heart..
how its look when he say i am going now where you can't go
..but i will send you comforter or protector..
Is every spirit holy?
but you going to me heaven=nevaeh..

please tell me
Whats wrong between possessors and someone who is real?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

25 captive

read apostol peter say
you will endure
http://bible.cc/1_peter/1-25.htm
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>created and raised by nice parents were ya?
Me? Nay, christians.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant as God and Creator are synonymous.
Pagan science claims there is no God or Creator.
~~~

Romans 10:17

(DRB) Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ.

(Geneva) Then faith is by hearing, and hearing by the worde of God.

(KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Geneva Commentary dated 1599

It is not the same to believe in a thing, and to believe about a thing,

for we may not believe in anything except in God alone, but we may believe about anything whatever, says Nazianzene in his Oration of the Spirit.

Nothing else but the free love of the Father is the beginning of our salvation, and Christ is he in whom our righteousness and salvation dwells: and faith is the instrument or means by which we apprehend it, and everlasting life is that which is set before us to apprehend.

1 John 1:5

(DRB) And this is the declaration which we have heard from him and declare unto you: That God is light and in him there is no darkness.

(Geneva) This then is the message which wee haue heard of him, and declare vnto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkenes.

(KJV) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Barge!!!!
On this...the Catholics got it right: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....
I would prefer you do not refer to me as bro....we don't have he same Father...
~~~

If you are a born again Spiritually you are my Spiritual Brother and YES WE ALL HAVE THE SAME HEAVENLY FATHER..

IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN... THEN WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE

BUT WE ARE ALL PHYSICALLY DESCENDENTS OF ADAM.

___

THE WORD SAYS

John 1:12

(DRB) But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.

(Geneva) But as many as receiued him, to them he gaue prerogatiue to be the sonnes of God, euen to them that beleeue in his Name.

(KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

IF WE ARE SONS OF THE SAME SPIRITUAL FATHER WE ARE SPIRITUAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST JESUS..

NO MATTER OUR PEDEGREE, NATIONALITY.

1 John 3:2

(DRB) Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God: and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know that when he shall appear we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is.

(Geneva) Dearely beloued, nowe are we the sonnes of God, but yet it is not made manifest what we shall be: and we know that when he shalbe made manifest, we shalbe like him: for we shall see him as he is.

(KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
422 348 266 257 580 575
<quoted text>
Thank you...I have my ticket in hand.....
--- Oxbow, I am happy for you because we know that GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS WITH JESUS CHRIST is our ticket...Thankyou, and meet you in Heaven...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you are a born again Spiritually you are my Spiritual Brother and YES WE ALL HAVE THE SAME HEAVENLY FATHER..
IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN... THEN WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE
BUT WE ARE ALL PHYSICALLY DESCENDENTS OF ADAM.
___
THE WORD SAYS
John 1:12
(DRB) But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.
(Geneva) But as many as receiued him, to them he gaue prerogatiue to be the sonnes of God, euen to them that beleeue in his Name.
(KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
IF WE ARE SONS OF THE SAME SPIRITUAL FATHER WE ARE SPIRITUAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST JESUS..
NO MATTER OUR PEDEGREE, NATIONALITY.
1 John 3:2
(DRB) Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God: and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know that when he shall appear we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is.
(Geneva) Dearely beloued, nowe are we the sonnes of God, but yet it is not made manifest what we shall be: and we know that when he shalbe made manifest, we shalbe like him: for we shall see him as he is.
(KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
~~~

One of my problems with the Roman Catholic Church is...

we that they call protestants ....are considered as spiritual bastards,

(bastard defined in Greek

G3541
&#957;&#959;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
nothos
noth'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a spurious or illegitimate son:- bastard.)

and we

are treated by most of them as if we are.illegitimate son

They act as if we owe them our allegiance...

treat us as if we are second class citizens of Heaven

FACT IS

The banner of this forum makes their stance/position toward us very clear ...It says it all...that if we evangelicals are not Roman Catholics we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

THEY THINK...THEY HOLD A MONOPOLY AND THE FRANCHISE ON GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE

The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Gospel-Centered Application of the Word

Tuesday, April 02, 2013
A couple weeks ago, I argued that a gospel-driven church will have gospel-centered expectations when it comes to the Word. It is not enough that the preacher’s sermon is Christ-centered. The congregation should be trained to be, too. That entails not only expectations but also application, which is what I want to address in this post.
Before I explain the difference between morality-based application and gospel-centered application, let me briefly mention substitutes for application in general. If we are not careful, we can allow substitutes that fall short of actual application of the Word. One of them is meeting a knowledge quotient. You can come for the purpose of intellectual satisfaction (new insights, profound interpretation, etc) and still not have the Word applied to your life. In this case, we are creating smarter sinners and not transformed saints. Another substitute is emotional experiences. You can have your heart-strings pulled and not have your heart transformed by truth. Mountain top experiences only mean you have to come back down to level ground at some time. Another substitute is sentimentalism. This is close to emotional experiences, but it is different in that the message “works” only if it fits in your sensibilities or self-imposed template.
Having mentioned substitutes, perhaps the greatest enemy of gospel-centered application of the Word is moralism. It is answering the “What?” question while completely ignoring the “Why?” question. It is going to the “How?” question with too many assumptions about the “Who?” question. Moralism leads to man-centered “rededication” as opposed to gospel-centered repentance and faith. One is driven on the performance of man; the other is driven upon the performance of Jesus. Just so that we can see the difference and highlight gospel-centered application, consider the following:

Religion-based application focuses on what must I do first;
Gospel-centered application focuses on what Jesus has done first.

Religion-based application addresses only the fruit of our behavior;
Gospel-centered application strikes at the root of heart transformation.

Religion-based application says,“I must obey; therefore I’m accepted.”
Gospel-centered application says,“I’m accepted; therefore I gladly obey.”

Religion-based application explains that what you do defines who are you;
Gospel-centered application explains who you are defines what you do.

Religion-based application leads to emotional highs and lows based on shaky spiritual performances;
Gospel-centered application hitches your affections to your identity & acceptance in Christ.

Religion-based application has a philosophy of “try harder and do better”;
Gospel-centered application has a philosophy of “repent, believe, and repeat.”

Religion-based application says my problems are manageable and I can fit it;
Gospel-centered application says my sins are massive and only Jesus can fix it.

Religion-based application emphasizes my will power and assumed competency;
Gospel-centered application emphasizes God’s grace in my weakness and dependency.

Religion-based application takes ten looks at self and one look at Christ;
Gospel-centered application takes one look at self and takes ten looks at Christ.

cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Here’s the challenge. The default nature of man is to live on (a) religion-based application rather than (b) gospel-centered application. When I walked my disciple-making class through this, several of them confessed,“Tim, the (a) column is where I live, but I want to embrace the (b) column.” It was a great discussion and eye-opening time for us all. We cannot assume that simply because Christ is being proclaimed from the pulpit that the people are trained to apply the Word in a gospel-centered manner. But a great starting point is recognizing the difference between the two, exposing counterfeits and substitutes, and pressing one another in gospel community to live in light of the gospel in a manner worthy of the gospel.
Biblestudytools
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
343 289
<quoted text>
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Don't forget he ice and fans...lots of fans!!!!
Fear and greed - the two great survival motivations.

What happened to Jesus' unconditional love thing?

The nice thing about delusions is.... we can pick and choose what is most satisfying to us.

Sometimes the delusion helps us overcome fear - of the angry vengeful god.

Other times the delusion advances our greed - greedy for exclusivity.

Nice post there buddy.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant as God and Creator are synonymous.
Pagan science claims there is no God or Creator.
Amazing.

What is pagan science?

Where can we find where pagan science claims 'no Creator?'

Delusions require no proof. Evidence can be manufactured, often by our own minds.

The Internet and everything in the real world that we use to make our lives better -- come not from pagan science, but are magical gifts from god. Until it breaks.... or until we get really sick.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Oxbow, I am happy for you because we know that GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS WITH JESUS CHRIST is our ticket...Thankyou, and meet you in Heaven...
Exactly which 10 Commandments?

The first known version, or the last?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Delusions + inquiry of specifics = problem.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO.....
So much, for "love thy neighbor as thyself"......(lol)
The "love" is there (as Gods children) for you and EVERY other person on this forum Michael----------But not (necessarily) for yours or their "actions"! It's just like the story of Jesus and the Adulterous women. He showed His love for her, as a person, but not her "adulterous life", telling her to "go and sin no more"! It is called "tough love"---words that have "escaped" yours as well as our liberal societies "vocabulary"!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
One of my problems with the Roman Catholic Church is...
we that they call protestants ....are considered as spiritual bastards,
(bastard defined in Greek
G3541
&#957;&#959;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
nothos
noth'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a spurious or illegitimate son:- bastard.)
and we
are treated by most of them as if we are.illegitimate son
They act as if we owe them our allegiance...
treat us as if we are second class citizens of Heaven
FACT IS
The banner of this forum makes their stance/position toward us very clear ...It says it all...that if we evangelicals are not Roman Catholics we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
THEY THINK...THEY HOLD A MONOPOLY AND THE FRANCHISE ON GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
"Roman Catholic Church only true Church says Vatican"

Nope, the Vatican never said that. How fitting you'd continue a lie..

The Catholic Church is the only one started by Jesus Christ. Its the only true one.
'Roman' is a title given to them by outside people. The Catholic Churches number over 20. They are in communion with the Bishop of Rome just like 2,000 yrs ago.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
please tell me
Did our Sun going cool or expend as hell..after all..oh
i think that i walk in blue but its looks frozen its not frozen dead body..how you call that..did i see perfectly..i drove something on wall near post box my house as tiny child..maybe not good as i wish..
did you see that symbols..
please tell me meaning
tell me meaning of
light blue color
as well
red but as cherry color..
please tell me meaning of that colors
if i could please you
i want go in city now
i drove before symbols on floor
i will this deference oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee
if i have 3 dollars in my bag for bus i am going
i am going see that spot
i see symbols but not in that color
i want see color
that light blue as well color of cherry
yes
don't desturb me if i go thereeeeeeee
my mind constantly working thinking too
its hard mist any word from my mind then confusion..
i liked see that spot
T= please tell me why they choose black color
why you put restaurant there..ohhhhhhh
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Follow the Yellow Brick Road !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,981 - 416,000 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••