Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,585
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431551 Apr 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God lasts forever, and it is by that Word alone that we are to live.
BINGO!! This is "EXACTLY" what the Catholic Church teaches, believes and proclaims-----and has done so, for over 2000 years...... The problem is that you "fundies" are too "blind" to see it!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431552 Apr 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!! This is "EXACTLY" what the Catholic Church teaches, believes and proclaims-----and has done so, for over 2000 years...... The problem is that you "fundies" are too "blind" to see it!!!
The first rule for lying is to have some element of truth in what you say.....you have a long way to go....

Catholics teach "traditions", from their Catechism, from their Magisterium, they teach from the Athanasian Creed (of which they have no idea who wrote it!!!!) The majority of said teaching has no source in Scripture. Yet they all consider them on an equal par with the Word of God!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#431553 Apr 6, 2013
my lovely hojo

Why we are heretic?
proverb 4;23
Safeguard your heart
out of it is life.

Hojo hojo hojo where is problem..please explain.
-neprodaji duse svoje hojo

proverb 3;5
Trust in God with all of your heart.
Clay

United States

#431554 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I deny Christ is God the Father because He is not God the Fther.....
On this one, the Catholics got it right...
Catholic catechism:
254 The divine persons are really distinct from one another. "God is one but not solitary."86 "Father", "Son", "Holy Spirit" are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:
"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."87 They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: "It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."88 The divine Unity is Triune.
Which says:
While Christ was on earth, the Holy Trinity was:
The Father, the Incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit.....
That is based on Scripture.....
I'll let your fellow protestant sola scripturist argue with you on this. I don't feel comfortable participating in your sin by fueling your word play on Holy Scriptures. I don't believe for one second that you seriously believe what you're saying. you're purposely taking what we really believe out of context, to appear that you're really smart...its stupid and a sin. You can't play around with sacred scriptures just to get a reaction from people.
If you don't believe Jesus Christ and God are one being, then you're not a Christian. Period.
truth

Perth, Australia

#431556 Apr 6, 2013
Whats problem with your solar..if God created Heaven and Earth..you need know how to rule with everything..

neka me koris
znam da moje rici
cuti volis..

wisdom except critic to become more with wisdom..mudrost
see when translade my words mudrost mud roast
mud roast=clay
see we say ''ispeci pa reci''=mudrost=wisdom
ispeci pa reci=first think then tell=wisdom

Gray hair is beautiful=full of wisdom
Mercy is as you see rosa=tiny rain in morning over flowers=its as sense of love and Mercy only God can give that..its expression who is full of wisdom and Mercy.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431557 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
266 257 580 575
<quoted text>
What is it about this statement that you are not understanding?? "Christians do not observe non Christian rituals."
I think it is you that is mis-understanding what the Passover consists of. Christ became the Passover hence He gave the following commandment to observe it in remembrance of Himself...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

But there is a certain time of year that we do it which we call Passover in remembrance of Him offering His own blood,replacing the blood of animals that they were commanded by God to do when Israel was coming out of bondage. Te death angel,when he saw the blood on the door posts of the children,he would PASSOVER that house.

God gave instructions on how to set the date for observing this ceremony which is given in Exodus 12 and they were to observe it forever and Christ replaced it later with Himself which we are still to observe.(See the scriptures I linked above).
I am surprised that you are unfamiliar with the Passover ceremony which is simply TAKING COMMUNION in rembrance of Christ becoming our Passover. Many people are unaware that Christ was crucified and became our Passover at the exact time of year that the old Passover was observed by the children of Israel.; That's why we observe it 14 days after the Spring Equinox as instructed by God. Do you understand now? Whew!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431558 Apr 6, 2013
truth wrote:
my lovely hojo

Trust in God with all of your heart.
EXACTLY! I/we as Catholics trust (exclusively) in God and His Word!
What I/we "refuse" to trust in--- is "man-made" bible only Protestant (editorial interpretation of Gods Word that is (half-truth and half-heresy) Christianity! That is why I "left" Protestantism after 35 years of heresy. lies and deceit!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431559 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Savior identified himself with the paschal lamb as its great Antitype, in substituting the Lord's supper for the Passover. "Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us," 1Co 5:7 and as we compare the innocent lamb slain in Egypt with the infinite lamb of God, the contrast teaches us how infinite is the perdition which He alone can cause to "pass over" us, and how essential it is to be under the shelter of his sprinkled blood, before the night of judgment and ruin overtakes us.
As to the Christian Passover, the Lord's supper, it was instituted by Christ when, at the last Passover supper he ate with his apostles, he gave them a symbol of his body to eat, and a symbol of his blood to drink, under the form of bread and wine; prefiguring that he should give up his body to the Jews and to death. The paschal lamb, which the Jews killed, tore to pieces, and ate, and whose blood preserved them from the destroying angel, was a type, and figure of our Savior's death and passion, and of his blood shed for the salvation of the world.
Okay. That is PASSOVER and the date for the observance of Passover is set by God in Exodus 12. How do you guys set the date for the heathen holiday known as Easter?
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431560 Apr 6, 2013

Easter solstice observance should be rejected, i agree. The birth and resurrection of Jesus have nothing to do with the winter or summer solstices. The resurrection is commemorated only through baptism of the believer. The Protestant Reformer Puritans correctly rejected all the roman holidays. How soon we forget.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431561 Apr 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]289
The Bible does not teach the earth to be 6000 years old....
Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
When (what date) was the beginning??
BTW...your 6000 years start with the Creation of Adam....that is not "the beginning"....when God Created the heaven and earth.....
And....there is no way of knowing how many billions of years this was: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "
The Bible says that "one thousand years is as a day in God's sight". Adam and Eve came along in the sixth day, then God rested for a day.(Seven thousand years total.) Since Adam we've known 6,000 yars of history.
13,000 years is reasonable to me. When someone starts talking about millions and billions of years, I wonder where they got a calendar or measuring stick to determine that.
KayMarie
Absolutely. Tell it like it T.I.S tis,lol. We consider the creation of Adam to be the age of flesh. It was in that first earth and heaven age that the dinosaurs existed. We are now in the second age which is the age of flesh and soon we will be entering that third and final age where there will be no more flesh but we return to those spiritual bodies.

How is it that you are aware of these things? Is it possible that you study with the same teacher that I am tutured under? Hmmm.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431562 Apr 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Any one can be nasty...
.but
Calling me names does not bring you deliverance...
If you are delivered then stop claiming to be gay...
EXERCISE YOU FAITH... OBEY THE WORD OF GOD... AND STOP CLAIMING...
THAT
WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED/DELIVERED FROM...
GOD WILL NOT FORCE DELIVERANCE UPON YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL...
YOU WILL BE GAY AS LONG AS YOU CLAIM,(confess) THAT YOU ARE...
The enemy of your soul will continue to tempt you, and
use your word against you.
Rom_14:23 .... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
DON'T LET YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR SALVATION ....AND GOD'S WORD ....CONTINUE TO HOLD YOU
IN BONDAGE/slavery ...IN WHAT GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM.
WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...AS A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS.
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
STOP CLAIMING THAT..WHICH.. GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM...WALK IN THE
VICTORY THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED..
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
YOUR SALVATION INCLUDES DELIVERANCE....SO WALK IN YOUR DELIVERANCE...
IF YOU ARE REALLY SAVED..(a born again Christian)... YOU HAVE RECEIVED
SALVATION...
SALVATION INCLUDES... DELIVERANCE! read the definition of salvation below...
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) DELIVERANCE; hence AID, VICTORY, PROSPERITY:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
___
JESUS TOLD THE MAN THAT WAS AT THE POOL AT BETHESDA...
Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole:-->sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
ALSO
Jesus told the woman that was taken in adultery...
Joh_8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:--> go, and sin no more.
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us FROM ALL SIN.
THE ABOVE ... SAYS FROM...ALL .SIN....NOT IN SIN...
So you want me to lie? It's sin to participate in the gay lifestyle. The sin is not in being a gay man but in actually partaking in that type of sex. So I'm ho9nest and truthfully state that I am a gay man that no longer practice that type of sex. It's what I call bringing the flesh under subjection.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431563 Apr 6, 2013

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431564 Apr 6, 2013
Okay you guys. Some of you need to read this ONE MORE TIME. Meditate on it.

http://www.theseason.org/exodus/exodus12.htm

Get your bibles and follow along with scripture.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431565 Apr 6, 2013
Don't know why but this scripture has been on my mind all day...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/psalms/12...
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431566 Apr 6, 2013

Easter: Queen of Heaven

http://youtu.be/URbmyCMEflQ
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431567 Apr 6, 2013
JEW

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from

the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

[Middle English Jeu, from Old French giu, from Latin Idaeus, from

Greek Ioudaios, from Aramaic yhudy, from Hebrew yhd, inhabitant of

Judah, from yhd, Judah; see Judah2.]

1.(Social Science / Peoples) a member of the Semitic people who are

notionally descended from the ancient Israelites, are spread

throughout the world, and are linked by loose cultural or religious

ties
2.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) a person whose religion is

Judaism

1. a member of a people now living in many countries of the world who

trace their descent from the Israelites of the Bible, or from

postexilic adherents of Judaism.
2. a person whose religion is Judaism.
3. a subject of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

Jew - a person belonging to the worldwide group claiming descent from

Jacob (or converted to it) and connected by cultural or religious ties

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Jew

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431568 Apr 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let your fellow protestant sola scripturist argue with you on this. I don't feel comfortable participating in your sin by fueling your word play on Holy Scriptures. I don't believe for one second that you seriously believe what you're saying. you're purposely taking what we really believe out of context, to appear that you're really smart...its stupid and a sin. You can't play around with sacred scriptures just to get a reaction from people.
If you don't believe Jesus Christ and God are one being, then you're not a Christian. Period.
You are a typical Catholic......you deny the teaching in the Catholic Catechism!!!! And I, a devout SBC member completely and absolutely embrace this teaching...because it is based on Scripture...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431569 Apr 6, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. the Hebrews are Jews, DOOFUS!!!!
The Jews may be of Hebrew origin through Jacob and the tribes of Judah and Benjamin and those Levites that stayed in the kingdom of Judah when the the other ten tribes of Israel dispersed to the North. However
a Hebrew is niot a Jew as there was none at the time of Abraham and his kinsman nor was Issac.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431570 Apr 6, 2013
socci wrote:
Easter: Queen of Heaven
http://youtu.be/URbmyCMEflQ
Thank you for posting that. I honestly don't think the Christians will get it though that Easter is a pagan holiday and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the death and resurrection of Christ.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431571 Apr 6, 2013
1st Corinthians 5:7-8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee-Tee 8,696
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 3 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 4 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 23 hr kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web