Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,797)

Showing posts 415,921 - 415,940 of530,418
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Just took the Jew right of Jesus didn't YOU ?
The Jewish laws are not to be followed by gentile believers in Christ.Not that there are many laws and traditions that would not be favorable,but that we are not required to observe the Hebrew Sabbath.It seems that many Evangelicals follow what laws they want to follow,that suit them.SUCH as tithing.

But we are bound to nothing,yet totally bound to Christ,to the death if that is required.If gentile believers want to observe the Sabbath they are more than welcome to do so. But there is no law that requires us to do so in Christ.EVEN the Apostles never imposed the observance of the Jewish Sabbath on the new gentile believers.

If you want to go to a church that strongly observes Sabbath,by all means love it,enjoy it,and may the LORD richly bless you.But to claim that it is a legal command to all gentile believers,and that the going to a service or a mass on Sunday is evil or wrong,places you as a judge in matters that were long ago settled.The Apostle Paul rebuked those who held to a particular day of worship,in that they judged others who doid not do the same but sought to glorify God.All traditions of men and women take a back seat to God's perfect relationship for us all.I do not condemn your wanting to observe the Jewish Sabbath,and the Bible does not condemn my going to a church on Sunday to worship God in Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit,in Spirit and in truth.

There is nothing in Scripture that tells us by the way to Judaize JESUS either.He is God,and for all Nations to become His Disciples.The Jews did well to take the Jew out of Jesus,I do not have to even try on my own to do so.Someday I will share other things with you concerning Jewishness,not now.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

King Solomon Falasha Jew wrote:
The Jews of the Bible were Ethiopian Falasha Jews' not the violent, killer European looking Jews of today.
There was no such place as the Middle East 2,000 years ago. That area was all a part of Northeast Africa.
Try and find the words Middle East in a very old Catholic bible.
The Jews of the bible. The Falashas
bit.ly/12bepNF
I hope you are helping the thousands of Falashan Jews in Ethiopia that need medical care,and proper living conditions. The so-called evil white Jews are helping them,sending Doctors and Nurses to deal with the many physical challenges of the Jews in Ethiopis.Messianic Jews also have been visiting daily to Falashan villages to distribute long needed medical remedies for the various things that plague those precious people.

Skin collor has little to do with bringing hope,love and faith to the human soul.I am all for your wanting to fulfill your Jewishness as a black person,but vilifying the Jews who are white only shows a prejudice on your part,whcih is a seed of a very bad life for you if you remain so.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish laws are not to be followed by gentile believers in Christ.Not that there are many laws and traditions that would not be favorable,but that we are not required to observe the Hebrew Sabbath.It seems that many Evangelicals follow what laws they want to follow,that suit them.SUCH as tithing.
But we are bound to nothing,yet totally bound to Christ,to the death if that is required.If gentile believers want to observe the Sabbath they are more than welcome to do so. But there is no law that requires us to do so in Christ.EVEN the Apostles never imposed the observance of the Jewish Sabbath on the new gentile believers.
If you want to go to a church that strongly observes Sabbath,by all means love it,enjoy it,and may the LORD richly bless you.But to claim that it is a legal command to all gentile believers,and that the going to a service or a mass on Sunday is evil or wrong,places you as a judge in matters that were long ago settled.The Apostle Paul rebuked those who held to a particular day of worship,in that they judged others who doid not do the same but sought to glorify God.All traditions of men and women take a back seat to God's perfect relationship for us all.I do not condemn your wanting to observe the Jewish Sabbath,and the Bible does not condemn my going to a church on Sunday to worship God in Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit,in Spirit and in truth.
There is nothing in Scripture that tells us by the way to Judaize JESUS either.He is God,and for all Nations to become His Disciples.The Jews did well to take the Jew out of Jesus,I do not have to even try on my own to do so.Someday I will share other things with you concerning Jewishness,not now.
Glad you acknowledged the Hebrews also observed the Sabbath and not just Jews. You know at one time all of Israel observed the 7th Day Sabbath.
I judge no one that wants to go to Church any of the seven days of the week. Going to church AND OBSERVING THE Sabbath are two diffrent things.
However we do find Jews overving the Sabbath and the following week the Gentiles and Jew both observing the Sabbath.

There are other days we find the apostles meeting during the week not just the first day.

Gods Ten Commandment Law is for all however the Mosanic Law along with the traditions of man was nailed to the cross.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Talking to the dead is called a seance... it is spiritualism...
A necromancer was put to death (under the law_ in the Old Testament...
It reads
Lev_20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
God said to the Israelites
Deu 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Deu 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
The Old Covenant has been replaced by the New Covenant.

They are not dead.

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand your frustration. Its gotta be a horror for people in your situation to realize what the Catholic Church actually is....instead of what you were raised to believe it was!
Now you been presented with the truth, and you conveniently need to ignore it. Otherwise you'll lose your career. Many many Pentecostal Ministers have converted. In fact, there has been a wave of notable Protestant Ministers who've converted to the Catholic faith.
You see, Jesus+Papacy+Rome=continuity. Our Lord needed continuity to ensure His Ministry would stand the test of time and tyrants. The data is in Confrint. It has!! For 2,000 yrs His Church - the pillar and bulwark of faith - is still proclaiming the Gospel.
Your Pentecostal group will change with your grandchildren. There is no continuity as long as they think they can interpret Our lords will based on what they see in scripture.
I have been for the last 2 years EWTN's Journey Home.It is all the same Clay. Evangelicals who find JESUS in their particular persuasion,than they are discontent with the idea that Authority should remain illusive,and there must be one church that has that Authority.

Some evangelicals or Anglicans find the worship wanting in their former persuasions,and want a Liturgy.The Anglicans are rightfully concerned about the Episcopal apostasy which is happening daily.Moral decline can be found throughout the Christian world.But really Clay just because the RCC stands against immorality,and most Christians do,should we all leave our churches to join with a church that has emerging Liberal theology,and is facing immoral scandals with the most precious of their offspring?

I marvel at how all of those converts have to go through the conflict of the use of statues,praying to saints,and the ultraveneration of Mary. ALSO the converts fail to elaborate on the most greatest hurdle ((Infant baptism)).

The Word is more than clear concerning conversion,baptism and regeneration,RC Baptism of infants and the theology or dogma that is attached to it is non-Biblical.The Believer's Baptism is not only Biblical,it was practiced in the first century AD,infant baptism was not even mentioned till the 2nd century. If baptism of a believer was both biblical and practiced even to the death in the first century,than it should be the NORM for all of Christianity.

Of course you are more than welcome to believe what you want,but,to expect that we should forsake our basic Christian living anpractices for a church that is in moral upheaval is questionalbe.Not only that all of those converts to your Church to me Clay are no testimony to the greatness of your church in contrast to what the rest of Christianity is before GOD.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Glad you acknowledged the Hebrews also observed the Sabbath and not just Jews. You know at one time all of Israel observed the 7th Day Sabbath.
LOL. the Hebrews are Jews, DOOFUS!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have engrained in their mind an "image" that the church has created of how they want Jesus to actually appear.
If I showed a picture of a short balding man with a huge nose and dark short hair and said this was a picture of Jesus (like most jews of the middle east) catholics would be outraged. They have a certain image indoctrinated into their minds of how Jesus really looks even though there is no record of what he looked like, if he did exist.
Its a game they play in their minds.....Its an image instilled from childhood. Nothing else is acceptable. Kind of sad.
I don't know any Catholic who would care what Jesus looked like. Considering the fact that a vast number of Catholics in the Universal Church are non-whites and most of the fundamentalists here are white, you're probably confusing us with them.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Glad you acknowledged the Hebrews also observed the Sabbath and not just Jews. You know at one time all of Israel observed the 7th Day Sabbath.
I judge no one that wants to go to Church any of the seven days of the week. Going to church AND OBSERVING THE Sabbath are two diffrent things.
However we do find Jews overving the Sabbath and the following week the Gentiles and Jew both observing the Sabbath.
There are other days we find the apostles meeting during the week not just the first day.
Gods Ten Commandment Law is for all however the Mosanic Law along with the traditions of man was nailed to the cross.
Through Christ we are following the Law of Moses,we are free in Him to even go deeper into those laws and observe them if it is even remotely possible.

The REST of the Sabbath is sacred and beautiful,and a believer can get a hold of a Seter,translated into English,or bi-lingual.The Believer has the right in Christ to meditate and to weekly go through the prayers,and rituals connected with the observance of the Sabbath.

We cannot attend a Synagogue without some contention spiritually,and there are not Messianic Synagogues in every town and city in this country.If one feels that the Sabbath should be observed without reservation,there are 7th Day Adventists and 7th Day Baptists.

We have that choice to do whatever.But not being bound,we also have that opportunity to worship freely in the church where one finds not only fellowship,but a compatibility to all aspects of that environment,which includes openness to the Holy Spirit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have been for the last 2 years EWTN's Journey Home.It is all the same Clay. Evangelicals who find JESUS in their particular persuasion,than they are discontent with the idea that Authority should remain illusive,and there must be one church that has that Authority.
Some evangelicals or Anglicans find the worship wanting in their former persuasions,and want a Liturgy.The Anglicans are rightfully concerned about the Episcopal apostasy which is happening daily.Moral decline can be found throughout the Christian world.But really Clay just because the RCC stands against immorality,and most Christians do,should we all leave our churches to join with a church that has emerging Liberal theology,and is facing immoral scandals with the most precious of their offspring?
I marvel at how all of those converts have to go through the conflict of the use of statues,praying to saints,and the ultraveneration of Mary. ALSO the converts fail to elaborate on the most greatest hurdle ((Infant baptism)).
The Word is more than clear concerning conversion,baptism and regeneration,RC Baptism of infants and the theology or dogma that is attached to it is non-Biblical.The Believer's Baptism is not only Biblical,it was practiced in the first century AD,infant baptism was not even mentioned till the 2nd century. If baptism of a believer was both biblical and practiced even to the death in the first century,than it should be the NORM for all of Christianity.
Of course you are more than welcome to believe what you want,but,to expect that we should forsake our basic Christian living anpractices for a church that is in moral upheaval is questionalbe.Not only that all of those converts to your Church to me Clay are no testimony to the greatness of your church in contrast to what the rest of Christianity is before GOD.
I watch it regularly too. Almost all of the converts say studying the early Church fathers and discovering the early Church was Catholic is a major factor.
POPE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

POPE is an acronym for: Protector Of Pedophiles Earthwide.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Covenant has been replaced by the New Covenant.
They are not dead.
"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
They are asleep in Jesus resting in peace.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see you or feel you so I guess you are a delusion and you didn't really post all the negative post on here.
That's just plain silly. Yes you can, if it were that important.

There is ten thousand times more verifiable information about me than there is about any god.

In fact, I can answer you here and there are witnesses to this fact.

How is posting about verifiable reality and truth somehow negative?

There have been many gods throughout history, and zero proof of any. It's a delusion.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have been for the last 2 years EWTN's Journey Home.It is all the same Clay. Evangelicals who find JESUS in their particular persuasion,than they are discontent with the idea that Authority should remain illusive,and there must be one church that has that Authority.
You don't agree with his delusion. He doesn't agree with yours.

Because there is no verifiable evidence or proof either way, this debate can never be settled.

At least that's the reality for the past 400 to 500 years.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They are asleep in Jesus resting in peace.
Per Jesus, they are not dead, so the charge of necromancy is fallacious.

Also, per Heb. 12:1. we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

456 444
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you are a born again Spiritually you are my Spiritual Brother and YES WE ALL HAVE THE SAME HEAVENLY FATHER..
IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN... THEN WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE
BUT WE ARE ALL PHYSICALLY DESCENDENTS OF ADAM.
___
THE WORD SAYS
John 1:12
(DRB) But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.
(Geneva) But as many as receiued him, to them he gaue prerogatiue to be the sonnes of God, euen to them that beleeue in his Name.
(KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
IF WE ARE SONS OF THE SAME SPIRITUAL FATHER WE ARE SPIRITUAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST JESUS..
NO MATTER OUR PEDEGREE, NATIONALITY.
1 John 3:2
(DRB) Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God: and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know that when he shall appear we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is.
(Geneva) Dearely beloued, nowe are we the sonnes of God, but yet it is not made manifest what we shall be: and we know that when he shalbe made manifest, we shalbe like him: for we shall see him as he is.
(KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
The following was not speaking of you and I.

Hi Barge!!!!
On this...the Catholics got it right: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....
I would prefer you do not refer to me as bro....we don't have he same Father...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear and greed - the two great survival motivations.
What happened to Jesus' unconditional love thing?
The nice thing about delusions is.... we can pick and choose what is most satisfying to us.
Sometimes the delusion helps us overcome fear - of the angry vengeful god.
Other times the delusion advances our greed - greedy for exclusivity.
Nice post there buddy.
I defend your God given right to believe or disbelieve...it is your choice..but....guess what!!!

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Pad wrote:
You think infant Baptism is the greatest hurdle? To me, it couldn't be any clearer what the Apostles taught, based on the writings of the early Church fathers. And Pad, most Protestant sects practice infant Baptism. Your teaching on it is quite new. In fact, no where in the Bible can you find where infants were not Baptized. Grant it, it doesn't say they were either.
Now, thank you for stating that we do not worship statues. However, please don't say creating a statue for use if worship is forbidden either. God didn't say that. In fact, God commanded the Jews to create graven images of Angels. Hello??

In order for God to get jealous of statues we would have to think of them as a diety or something equivalent of a god. Creating something to honor a great witness to the faith- a saint- couldn't make God jealous. That's ridiculous..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

468 429
<quoted text>
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
That does not disprove the belief in flying pigs!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Most follow the teachings of christianity/Islam/Judiasm/Hin dus because mom and dad said so, or because of the geographical location in the world one resides, and determines what God one prays to.
Religions are just opinions, thats why they are just called beliefs.
There is no religion that has the smoking gun of truth. If one did, we would all belong to that religion.
Is there a God for everyone? I don't know, but if I discover one I will be the first to tell you.
What does that have to do with:

348 266 257 580 575
Christians follow the teaching of Christ.....that's why we are called Christians..
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
That's just plain silly. Yes you can, if it were that important.
There is ten thousand times more verifiable information about me than there is about any god.
In fact, I can answer you here and there are witnesses to this fact.
How is posting about verifiable reality and truth somehow negative?
There have been many gods throughout history, and zero proof of any. It's a delusion.

Jesus is a historic fact. There is no proof for any other gods. There is no proof for your caveman either.

Try harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,921 - 415,940 of530,418
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••