Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,862
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#431459 Apr 6, 2013
Gospel-Centered Application of the Word

Tuesday, April 02, 2013
A couple weeks ago, I argued that a gospel-driven church will have gospel-centered expectations when it comes to the Word. It is not enough that the preacher’s sermon is Christ-centered. The congregation should be trained to be, too. That entails not only expectations but also application, which is what I want to address in this post.
Before I explain the difference between morality-based application and gospel-centered application, let me briefly mention substitutes for application in general. If we are not careful, we can allow substitutes that fall short of actual application of the Word. One of them is meeting a knowledge quotient. You can come for the purpose of intellectual satisfaction (new insights, profound interpretation, etc) and still not have the Word applied to your life. In this case, we are creating smarter sinners and not transformed saints. Another substitute is emotional experiences. You can have your heart-strings pulled and not have your heart transformed by truth. Mountain top experiences only mean you have to come back down to level ground at some time. Another substitute is sentimentalism. This is close to emotional experiences, but it is different in that the message “works” only if it fits in your sensibilities or self-imposed template.
Having mentioned substitutes, perhaps the greatest enemy of gospel-centered application of the Word is moralism. It is answering the “What?” question while completely ignoring the “Why?” question. It is going to the “How?” question with too many assumptions about the “Who?” question. Moralism leads to man-centered “rededication” as opposed to gospel-centered repentance and faith. One is driven on the performance of man; the other is driven upon the performance of Jesus. Just so that we can see the difference and highlight gospel-centered application, consider the following:

Religion-based application focuses on what must I do first;
Gospel-centered application focuses on what Jesus has done first.

Religion-based application addresses only the fruit of our behavior;
Gospel-centered application strikes at the root of heart transformation.

Religion-based application says,“I must obey; therefore I’m accepted.”
Gospel-centered application says,“I’m accepted; therefore I gladly obey.”

Religion-based application explains that what you do defines who are you;
Gospel-centered application explains who you are defines what you do.

Religion-based application leads to emotional highs and lows based on shaky spiritual performances;
Gospel-centered application hitches your affections to your identity & acceptance in Christ.

Religion-based application has a philosophy of “try harder and do better”;
Gospel-centered application has a philosophy of “repent, believe, and repeat.”

Religion-based application says my problems are manageable and I can fit it;
Gospel-centered application says my sins are massive and only Jesus can fix it.

Religion-based application emphasizes my will power and assumed competency;
Gospel-centered application emphasizes God’s grace in my weakness and dependency.

Religion-based application takes ten looks at self and one look at Christ;
Gospel-centered application takes one look at self and takes ten looks at Christ.

cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#431460 Apr 6, 2013
Here’s the challenge. The default nature of man is to live on (a) religion-based application rather than (b) gospel-centered application. When I walked my disciple-making class through this, several of them confessed,“Tim, the (a) column is where I live, but I want to embrace the (b) column.” It was a great discussion and eye-opening time for us all. We cannot assume that simply because Christ is being proclaimed from the pulpit that the people are trained to apply the Word in a gospel-centered manner. But a great starting point is recognizing the difference between the two, exposing counterfeits and substitutes, and pressing one another in gospel community to live in light of the gospel in a manner worthy of the gospel.
Biblestudytools
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431461 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
343 289
<quoted text>
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Don't forget he ice and fans...lots of fans!!!!
Fear and greed - the two great survival motivations.

What happened to Jesus' unconditional love thing?

The nice thing about delusions is.... we can pick and choose what is most satisfying to us.

Sometimes the delusion helps us overcome fear - of the angry vengeful god.

Other times the delusion advances our greed - greedy for exclusivity.

Nice post there buddy.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431462 Apr 6, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant as God and Creator are synonymous.
Pagan science claims there is no God or Creator.
Amazing.

What is pagan science?

Where can we find where pagan science claims 'no Creator?'

Delusions require no proof. Evidence can be manufactured, often by our own minds.

The Internet and everything in the real world that we use to make our lives better -- come not from pagan science, but are magical gifts from god. Until it breaks.... or until we get really sick.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431463 Apr 6, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Oxbow, I am happy for you because we know that GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS WITH JESUS CHRIST is our ticket...Thankyou, and meet you in Heaven...
Exactly which 10 Commandments?

The first known version, or the last?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Delusions + inquiry of specifics = problem.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431464 Apr 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO.....
So much, for "love thy neighbor as thyself"......(lol)
The "love" is there (as Gods children) for you and EVERY other person on this forum Michael----------But not (necessarily) for yours or their "actions"! It's just like the story of Jesus and the Adulterous women. He showed His love for her, as a person, but not her "adulterous life", telling her to "go and sin no more"! It is called "tough love"---words that have "escaped" yours as well as our liberal societies "vocabulary"!!
Clay

United States

#431465 Apr 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
One of my problems with the Roman Catholic Church is...
we that they call protestants ....are considered as spiritual bastards,
(bastard defined in Greek
G3541
&#957;&#959;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
nothos
noth'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a spurious or illegitimate son:- bastard.)
and we
are treated by most of them as if we are.illegitimate son
They act as if we owe them our allegiance...
treat us as if we are second class citizens of Heaven
FACT IS
The banner of this forum makes their stance/position toward us very clear ...It says it all...that if we evangelicals are not Roman Catholics we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
THEY THINK...THEY HOLD A MONOPOLY AND THE FRANCHISE ON GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
"Roman Catholic Church only true Church says Vatican"

Nope, the Vatican never said that. How fitting you'd continue a lie..

The Catholic Church is the only one started by Jesus Christ. Its the only true one.
'Roman' is a title given to them by outside people. The Catholic Churches number over 20. They are in communion with the Bishop of Rome just like 2,000 yrs ago.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431467 Apr 6, 2013
truth wrote:
please tell me
Did our Sun going cool or expend as hell..after all..oh
i think that i walk in blue but its looks frozen its not frozen dead body..how you call that..did i see perfectly..i drove something on wall near post box my house as tiny child..maybe not good as i wish..
did you see that symbols..
please tell me meaning
tell me meaning of
light blue color
as well
red but as cherry color..
please tell me meaning of that colors
if i could please you
i want go in city now
i drove before symbols on floor
i will this deference oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee
if i have 3 dollars in my bag for bus i am going
i am going see that spot
i see symbols but not in that color
i want see color
that light blue as well color of cherry
yes
don't desturb me if i go thereeeeeeee
my mind constantly working thinking too
its hard mist any word from my mind then confusion..
i liked see that spot
T= please tell me why they choose black color
why you put restaurant there..ohhhhhhh
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Follow the Yellow Brick Road !!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431468 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there was something before day one....
Ge 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
William

Birmingham, AL

#431469 Apr 6, 2013
It's true. The CoC is legit. Paul even told the Roman believers that Peter was coming to head up the church there in Rome.

It's all spelled out in Romans 17.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431470 Apr 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
266 257 580 575
Christians follow the teaching of Christ.....that's why we are called Christians...
Most follow the teachings of christianity/Islam/Judiasm/Hin dus because mom and dad said so, or because of the geographical location in the world one resides, and determines what God one prays to.
Religions are just opinions, thats why they are just called beliefs.
There is no religion that has the smoking gun of truth. If one did, we would all belong to that religion.
Is there a God for everyone? I don't know, but if I discover one I will be the first to tell you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431471 Apr 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Roman Catholic Church only true Church says Vatican"
Nope, the Vatican never said that. How fitting you'd continue a lie..
The Catholic Church is the only one started by Jesus Christ. Its the only true one.
'Roman' is a title given to them by outside people. The Catholic Churches number over 20. They are in communion with the Bishop of Rome just like 2,000 yrs ago.
~~~

WHEN YOU POSTED

"The Catholic Church is the only one started by Jesus Christ. Its the only true one."

YOU JUST PROVE MY FORMER POST TO BE TRUE.... AND MADE ALL THAT YOU SAID ABOVE TO BE AN ERRONEOUS LIE.

JESUS NEVER SAID ANY THING ABOUT A CATHOLIC CHURCH...

HE SAID " MY CHURCH "

THE CHURCH DOES NOT BELONG TO THE UNIVERSE...IT BELONGS TO GOD

YOU CATHOLICS DID NOT START THE CHURCH ... JESUS DID...

YOU CATHOLICS DO NOT OWN THE CHURCH ...JESUS DOES....

YOU CATHOLICS CANNOT CONTROL THE CHURCH ...THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS THAT POSITION.

SUMATION

YOU CATHOLIC ARE THE ENEMY OF THE TRUE CHURCH

ATTEMPTING TO CONTROL GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE.

WITH SELFISH EGOMANIA.

CARNAL MINDEDNESS

ANTICHRIST DOCTRINES.

RITUALS

FABLES

POMP

PRIDE

AND PAGANISM

Matthew 16:18

(DRB) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(Geneva) And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I will builde my Church: and ye gates of hel shal not ouercome it.

(KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY HE DID...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431472 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

The banner of this forum makes their stance/position toward us very clear ...It says it all...that if we evangelicals are not Roman Catholics we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
You, Confrinting, continue to be a "VERY PROFICIENT, HABITUAL AND ASTUTE (LIAR)", of which, we as Catholics have "known all along"! You just continue to "confirm this fact" over and over again with every comment and every post you make!!
The Catholic Church has "never said" that evangelical believers cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. YOU are just a "desperate bible only "preaching" heretic" that just keeps, "LYING" and "making thing up"---in order to (satisfy) yous vengeance and hate
toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.--A hate that has "corrupted" your mind, heart and soul!
FUTHERMORE---the Vatican "is correct" in saying that the Roman Catholic Church IS the "ONLY TRUE CHURCH"! It is not the "only Church" but it is the "ONLY ONE TRUE Church.... You BIBLE ONLY "fundies" have (rejected) the FULLNESS of the TRUTH beginning with Martin Luther, at the Reformation! Now you have 42,000 contradicting "relative truth" denominations ALL CLAIMING to have the TRUTH!! CONFRINTING---you need to get your heart, mind, soul and spirit, connected to the Saving power of Salvation in Jesus Christ and accept Our Lord, in being "born again" of water and of the Spirit, just like HE TELL his disciples and followers in the Gospels---and just like HE told Nicodemus!! My family and I continue to pray for your condemning, judgemental and heretical soul!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431473 Apr 6, 2013
William wrote:
It's true. The CoC is legit. Paul even told the Roman believers that Peter was coming to head up the church there in Rome.
It's all spelled out in Romans 17.
Paul the first christian writer never mentions virgin birth, miracles, or crucifixion in all his writings. Could it be that these stories had not yet been invented yet, until the 4 gospels were written decades later?

....something is wrong, when the first christians for 2 centuries believed Christ to have been a spirit only and never believed he lived as a human on earth. Didn't these early followers not know anyone miraclized by this man, or here the story about the crucifixion that would have occured just a few years before?

.......something is wrong!!!
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#431474 Apr 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have engrained in their mind an "image" that the church has created of how they want Jesus to actually appear.
If I showed a picture of a short balding man with a huge nose and dark short hair and said this was a picture of Jesus (like most jews of the middle east) catholics would be outraged. They have a certain image indoctrinated into their minds of how Jesus really looks even though there is no record of what he looked like, if he did exist.
Its a game they play in their minds.....Its an image instilled from childhood. Nothing else is acceptable. Kind of sad.
Miguelito,
You need some garlic to clear your foggy, confused mind. Garlic can do that!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431475 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WILL NEVER CONTROL WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO
FOR THE INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM ANY MORE THAN THEY CAN CONTROL THE
GRACE OF GOD ...IN THE GENTILE CHURCH...
THEY ARE A BUNCH OF ALSO-RANS IN THE RACE ...THEY WILL NEVER GET IN THE WINNERS CIRCLE.
MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN...THEY HAVE MADE THEIR OWN DECISION TO LOSE BY THEIR DISOBEDIENCE OF GOD'S WORD AND COUNTING IT AS IF I WERE IRRELEVANT.
This is just more of the same old "editorialized "garbage and trash" from you and your "fundie propagandists" (dig up) that have "no basis of ANYTHING TRUE, and is just a continuation of the (anti-catholic personal opinionated "senseless absurdities" that you are so "famous for" Confrinting!!..... You must "lay awake" at night, in attempt to "think up" more lies, more distortion of the TRUTH and more heresy (rif raf) in your vengeful attacks against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church!!

#431476 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN YOU POSTED
"The Catholic Church is the only one started by Jesus Christ. Its the only true one."
YOU JUST PROVE MY FORMER POST TO BE TRUE.... AND MADE ALL THAT YOU SAID ABOVE TO BE AN ERRONEOUS LIE.
JESUS NEVER SAID ANY THING ABOUT A CATHOLIC CHURCH...
HE SAID " MY CHURCH "
THE CHURCH DOES NOT BELONG TO THE UNIVERSE...IT BELONGS TO GOD
YOU CATHOLICS DID NOT START THE CHURCH ... JESUS DID...
YOU CATHOLICS DO NOT OWN THE CHURCH ...JESUS DOES....
YOU CATHOLICS CANNOT CONTROL THE CHURCH ...THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS THAT POSITION.
SUMATION
YOU CATHOLIC ARE THE ENEMY OF THE TRUE CHURCH
ATTEMPTING TO CONTROL GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE.
WITH SELFISH EGOMANIA.
CARNAL MINDEDNESS
ANTICHRIST DOCTRINES.
RITUALS
FABLES
POMP
PRIDE
AND PAGANISM
Matthew 16:18
(DRB) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(Geneva) And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I will builde my Church: and ye gates of hel shal not ouercome it.
(KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY HE DID...
~~~

The universe is NOT GOD IT DID NOT CREATE GOD..

CONTRARY WISE.GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE

Catholic ....DEFINED BY WEBSTER
CATHOLIC, a.

1. Universal or general;

as the Catholic church. Originally this epithet was given to the Christian church in general, but is now appropriated to the Romish church, and in strictness there is no Catholic church, or universal Christian communion. The epithet is sometimes set in opposition to heretic, sectary or schismatic.

THE UNIVERSE DOES NOT CONTROL GOD...GOD CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

THE UNIVERSAL/CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT CONTROL GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE..
ONLY GOD DOES...and God is Love

(DRB) Because the husband is the head of the wife, as ===>Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body.

(Geneva) For the husband is the wiues head, euen as ===>Christ is the head of the Church, and the same is the sauiour of his body.

(KJV) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as ===>Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

``````````
CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH.. NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN QUALIFIES...
Colossians 1:18

(DRB) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things he may hold the primacy:

(Geneva) And hee is the head of the body of the Church: he is the beginning, and the first begotten of the dead, that in all thinges hee might haue the preeminence.

(KJV) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

#431477 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miguelito,
You need some garlic to clear your foggy, confused mind. Garlic can do that!
~~~~

Garlic is good for you physical health

but it STINKS AN ISOLATES THOSE THAT EAT IT...

It has a tendency to divide/separate those that indulge.

you must be a terribly lonely person...

the Bible speaks of fellowship.

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431478 Apr 6, 2013
Happy Sabbath !!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431479 Apr 6, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad they cant be prosecuted. They should have their entire church seized. That's what would happen if it were any other denomination. Happens all the time.
the real surprise here is the church turned this priest in,i found that amazing,they must not of liked this guy,otherwise they would of kept quiet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 22 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE