Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,791)

Showing posts 415,801 - 415,820 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is because as you put it (it) does not make any sense.
You have every right to believe what you want,but let me just interject some real truth of the matter to you,and perhaps you might want to think it through.
Nevertheless,the only way you can fully understand what I tell you is if you go to God in humility and sekk His understanding on the matter.
First of all God is ONE.But the truth of that is He is ONE, with 3 separate Living Beings that share in total: Essence,Substance,Intelligence ,Purpose and Reality.G o d cannot be defined as we humans would view, one person standing at a door, for instance.But 3 Persons standing at a door who are O N E G o d.The Father,Son and Holy Spirit.
God can only be defined from the Scriptures as the GODHEAD,which is the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.Jesus is the fulfillment of the GODHEAD in that He totally represents G o d as the Son INCARNATE.
In other words God is not just the Father,or the Son or the Holy Spirit,but all 3 Divine Persons as ONE,Everlasting God,WHO is the Creator,of all that is seen and unseen.
The mathematical equation for GOD is quite simple ((1x1x1=ONE)).Naturally if you add 1+1+1=3. The uniqueness of God being ONE in 3 Persons includes all that is Willed and purposed as the three will not operate without each other in total harmony,yet the Father (the LORD,YHWH) is sovereign,both the Son and the Holy Spirit are submissive to Him. The Son is of the Essence of the Father,and naturally the Holy Spirit is assumed in both the Father and the Son,in that HE takes on the character,quality,and essence of them both,yet He according to Scripture is our Comforter,teacher,and Guide.
There is much to understand about the GODHEAD or Trinity,and your limited understanding of Jesus in regards to what He said on the Cross,needs on your part to discover the truth about the GODHEAD.
Also the very fact that Jesus IS both the Son of M a n, and the Son of God brings in a n o t h e r aspect to how He on the Cross in the flesh, reacted to His Father who perceived Jesus as S I N.
It is the whole mystery of our faith that Jesus was crucified,was buried and ROSE again. That entails both His humanity and Divinity,your post completely limits that in your understanding.
Jesus was not..is not God the Father

Even as true worshipers of God recognize that the will or desire of God is superior to their own will or desire, Jesus acknowledged God's will was superior to his own. In acknowledging this, Jesus indicates that he was inferior to God. Thus, at the time just before his death, the Bible says, at Luke 22:41 & 42:

"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done."

At the time of Jesus' resurrection from the dead, Jesus spoke to Mary Magdalene, as described in the Book of John, at chapter 20 and verse 17, which reads:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Inasmuch as Mary was not ascending, but Jesus was, this passage is telling us that Jesus was going to ascend to heaven, where his father already was - the one he describes here as his God.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
580 575
<quoted text>
Passover
1.(Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) Also called Pesach Pesah Feast of the Unleavened Bread an eight-day Jewish festival beginning on Nisan 15 and celebrated in commemoration of the passing over or sparing of the Israelites in Egypt, when God smote the firstborn of the Egyptians (Exodus 12) Related adj Paschal
Christians do not follow non-Christian practices...Am not surprised that you do....
And one more thing I must teaCH YOU and that is...Israel was to get a new name and that name was suppposed to be..........CHRISTIAN. And when I say Israel I mean TRUE ISRAEL. Not those that say they are Jews and are not...Rev 2:9 and 3:9.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Every so called Christian here on this forum needs to read the following link/lesson from Exodus 12 for it shows us how to set the date for observing the Passover ( which Christ became our Passover Lamb AND COMMANDED US TO OBSERVE THE DAY IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM).

http://www.theseason.org/exodus/exodus12.htm

It is a valuable lesson and will show you what a heathen thing is it for Christians to observe the heathen practice of Easter instead of the Passover. Passover according to the date that God set was April 3rd and none of these so called Christians was aware of the day.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
THIS FITS HOJO TO A TEE:When Roman Catholics are challenged from the Bible to defend their faith, they are unwilling or unable to defend what they believe and say the priest has the answer and never search the truth out for themselves. Priests and Bishops never get permission to have open public Bible discussions with honest Bible students like ourselves. Imagine a local parish priest publicly defending infant baptism against a Christian who taught the practice contradicted the Bible! It never happens! Forget what the Bible says, just trust the priest!....1 peter 3:15 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
===
Jethro I believe strongly that Priests or Preachers should welcome open questioning, dialogue, and debate.The Truth is strong and needs to hide from no one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

257 580 575
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Fool, I guess you are not surprised that Christ observed the Passover either are you? Or were you even aware that Christ observed the Passover as well? Now see if you were any kind of Bible student you would know that Christ too obswerved the Passover and EVERYONE that Calls themselves a Christian is supposed to observe the Passover as well as Christ became our Passover and He commanded us to do so.
You have just demonstrated that there is nothing worse than being an idiot than being one and not know it!!!!

The Passover is:(A Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) Also called Pesach Pesah Feast of the Unleavened Bread an eight-day Jewish festival beginning on Nisan 15 and celebrated in commemoration of the passing over or sparing of the Israelites in Egypt, when God smote the firstborn of the Egyptians (Exodus 12) Related adj Paschal

Christians do not follow non-Christian practices...Am not surprised that you do...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow and others that lie on God and claim that God spoke to them or God revealed something to them. Stop lying on God people and stop prophesying FALSELY.

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel13.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

259 580 575
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And one more thing I must teaCH YOU and that is...Israel was to get a new name and that name was suppposed to be..........CHRISTIAN. And when I say Israel I mean TRUE ISRAEL. Not those that say they are Jews and are not...Rev 2:9 and 3:9.
Thank you for verifying that you are, without a doubt, a true Bible illiterate!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
259 580 575
<quoted text>
Thank you for verifying that you are, without a doubt, a true Bible illiterate!!!
I apologize for calling you a fool for you're not a fool but you are definitely Biblically Illiterate about many things and the fact that you didn't seem to be aware that Christ observed the Passover and you called me un-Christian for observing the Passover speaks volumes about you.

I presume that you are a wolf in sheeps clothing my friend.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
257 580 575
<quoted text>
You have just demonstrated that there is nothing worse than being an idiot than being one and not know it!!!!
The Passover is:(A Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) Also called Pesach Pesah Feast of the Unleavened Bread an eight-day Jewish festival beginning on Nisan 15 and celebrated in commemoration of the passing over or sparing of the Israelites in Egypt, when God smote the firstborn of the Egyptians (Exodus 12) Related adj Paschal
Christians do not follow non-Christian practices...Am not surprised that you do...
Christ observed the Passover which He Himself became. Do you not know the scripture where the Disciples asked Christ where did He want them to prepare for the Passover and Christ gave them instructions on what to do for the preparation?

I don't know what so preacher has been teaching you that it is Un-Christian to observe the Passover but God is gonna deposit his soul in hell for teaching you that false doctrine.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
257 580 575
<quoted text>

Are you also surprised that Christ observed the Passover? I can show you many scriptures proving this if need be.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

As a gay man I would like to tell the forum something. America seems to be on the road to ruination for they seem to be heading towards approving gay marriage. People, you need to start struggling against this for if America does approve of gay marriage I assure you that this is gonna invite Gods judgement against this country.

No to Gay marriage.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Those of you that ate ham for your "Easter" dinner. What do you think God would have done to any Israelite that offered SWINE on the sacrificial altar back in their day? Think about this people.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Preston, you spirit. This is for you for lying on the Lord God claiming that He spoke to you and revealed something to you.

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel13.ht...

False prophecy and lying divinations. Folks, anytime one of these half stepping, holier than thou so called Christians start claiming that God spoke to them..........RUN from them as fast as your l'il old feet can carry you,LOL.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
As a gay man I would like to tell the forum something. America seems to be on the road to ruination for they seem to be heading towards approving gay marriage. People, you need to start struggling against this for if America does approve of gay marriage I assure you that this is gonna invite Gods judgement against this country.
No to Gay marriage.
A gay man, against gay marriage??

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay man, against gay marriage??
Yes. I prefer the favor of the Lord over the pleasures of the flesh.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I prefer the favor of the Lord over the pleasures of the flesh.
That's commendable. Now if only straight people could follow your lead.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is because as you put it (it) does not make any sense.
You have every right to believe what you want,but let me just interject some real truth of the matter to you,and perhaps you might want to think it through.
Nevertheless,the only way you can fully understand what I tell you is if you go to God in humility and sekk His understanding on the matter.
First of all God is ONE.But the truth of that is He is ONE, with 3 separate Living Beings that share in total: Essence,Substance,Intelligence ,Purpose and Reality.G o d cannot be defined as we humans would view, one person standing at a door, for instance.But 3 Persons standing at a door who are O N E G o d.The Father,Son and Holy Spirit.
God can only be defined from the Scriptures as the GODHEAD,which is the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.Jesus is the fulfillment of the GODHEAD in that He totally represents G o d as the Son INCARNATE.
In other words God is not just the Father,or the Son or the Holy Spirit,but all 3 Divine Persons as ONE,Everlasting God,WHO is the Creator,of all that is seen and unseen.
The mathematical equation for GOD is quite simple ((1x1x1=ONE)).Naturally if you add 1+1+1=3. The uniqueness of God being ONE in 3 Persons includes all that is Willed and purposed as the three will not operate without each other in total harmony,yet the Father (the LORD,YHWH) is sovereign,both the Son and the Holy Spirit are submissive to Him. The Son is of the Essence of the Father,and naturally the Holy Spirit is assumed in both the Father and the Son,in that HE takes on the character,quality,and essence of them both,yet He according to Scripture is our Comforter,teacher,and Guide.
There is much to understand about the GODHEAD or Trinity,and your limited understanding of Jesus in regards to what He said on the Cross,needs on your part to discover the truth about the GODHEAD.
Also the very fact that Jesus IS both the Son of M a n, and the Son of God brings in a n o t h e r aspect to how He on the Cross in the flesh, reacted to His Father who perceived Jesus as S I N.
It is the whole mystery of our faith that Jesus was crucified,was buried and ROSE again. That entails both His humanity and Divinity,your post completely limits that in your understanding.
Delusional.

You say God did all these things for the world - but in reality - God did all this in virtual secrecy?

Why was his so-called coming such a secret, if indeed he wanted to "save" mankind?

We have no actual eyewitness accounts. It's even debatable if a man named Jesus really lived, yet alone was a 3 in 1 god.

It took hundreds of years and lots of infighting before Jesus' nature was even agreed upon -- and only then thanks to a decree by a Roman Emperor.

There are no records anywhere outside the contrived Bible of things such as Herod having children killed. Something such as that surely would have been recorded by the Jews and everyone else in the region -- but the only account we have is a Biblical fable.

Absurd.

Delusional.

Your god plays too many games for such a serious matter. Even today, few can agree on what it all is supposed to mean. This board is a prime example.

Wars have been fought, because a supposed god of peace is so unclear.

Maybe that's the god of humor instead?
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I prefer the favor of the Lord over the pleasures of the flesh.
Women (witches).

Gays.

People of other nations.

Typical. Who else does your god tell you to hate?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am going to attempt to give you scripture to validate each of the things I supposedly changed...
____
1.Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.
I said that Jesus did not use fermented wine in communion...
Lev 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:
___
I said that Communion does not keep you saved..
That if a willful sinner ...takes communion he will drank to him self damnation
1Co_11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
____
Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.
~~~~~~~~
2.From that false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?).
Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
___
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
~~~~~~~~~~
3.That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors.
JESUS NEVER ESTABLISHED A DYNASTY IN ROME ITALY..Jesus has no physical kingdom on the earth at present..
HIS KINGDOM IS SPIRITUAL ..ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF TRUE CHRISTIANS
Jesus words were
Joh_8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
4.He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church.
TO MY KNOWLEDGE I HAVEN'T BROACHED THIS SUBJECT...
BUT..
I would be more apt to say that the Roman Catholic Church is the false prophet.
~~~~~~~~
5. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary.
This is an axiom, to all who observe your idolatry ...Your mausoleums
are full of icons, images, statues and idols.
instead of denying the obvious ..just stop it...
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
- am I understandings you correctly, that you agree that the Bread is Jesus Christ? The very real presence of Our Lord Himself?

- Graven images. You teach that Catholics violate Gods commandment. You teach that we construct graven images and worship them, no matter how many of us guarantee you that we don't.

Did you see the temple they just uncovered in Iraq? It was constructed around the time of Abraham. Its about the size of a football field. Among the many artifacts revealed were, you guessed it, graven images. One was a Priest in a robe praying. Who was this man they depicted? A Saint like Abraham perhaps?
Your amateur view of the Book of Exodus is strange and new. You use it as a weapon to discredit the Church that Jesus Christ started..you manipulate the ten commandments for your own personal vendetta - while deliberately violating one of those commandments. Thou shall not bear false witness.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,801 - 415,820 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••