Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,780
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431219 Apr 4, 2013
who="Clay"
Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.
Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.
From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?). That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors. He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary. He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.
This all began on a lie called Sola Scripture.
The changing of the Eucharist is the most dangerous.

My husband did not make up 'sola scripture'. We do not change the Eucharist; the wine and the bread ARE His body and blood...because HE said so; not because we change it.

Many people teach that the CC is the beast. I do not attempt to DECLARE that it is or is not. But the scripture says that 'it' is one of the seven world powers that have been, and it shall be the eighth. Rome IS one of the seven world powers...we shall see what the future will bring.

Jesus said that HIS sheep know His voice; they hear Him. I am one of His, and happy to say that I do hear His voice at times...and I'm convinced that all of us would hear Him more if we would just pay attention.

There is no scripture that infers that Mary...living with a husband... remained virgin all her life. Matthew says simply that Joseph did not 'know' her (have intimate relations) until after she brought forth her FIRSTBORN son...Jesus.

My husband did not make up the idea that 'everyone has authority to interpret scriptures'. However, how do you manage to trust people that you do not know to interpret scripture for you?

When Jesus speaks to me I don't have a problem understanding what He says. And He frequently 'interprets' scripture for me.

He will speak to you if you ask Him to do so.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431220 Apr 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>No it had to do with the TRUTH being revealed and brought to light toward the time of the end.
Soooo...by using the same logic as you have....

Today, in the 21st century - we have "increased knowledge" - so that means we should re-write the Bible again.

I agree - in lieu of the recent 20th C. finds in Nag Hammadi and Qumram.

Unless you think - "God" isn't inspiring anyone anymore.

#431221 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.

Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.

From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?).

That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors.

He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church.

He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary.

He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.

~~~

I am going to attempt to give you scripture to validate each of the things I supposedly changed...

____

1.Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.

I said that Jesus did not use fermented wine in communion...

Lev 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

___
I said that Communion does not keep you saved..

That if a willful sinner ...takes communion he will drank to him self damnation

1Co_11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

____

~~~~~~~~
2.From that false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?).

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

___
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

~~~~~~~~~~

3.That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors.

JESUS NEVER ESTABLISHED A DYNASTY IN ROME ITALY..Jesus has no physical kingdom on the earth at present..

HIS KINGDOM IS SPIRITUAL ..ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF TRUE CHRISTIANS

Jesus words were

Joh_8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

4.He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE I HAVEN'T BROACHED THIS SUBJECT...

BUT..

I would be more apt to say that the Roman Catholic Church is the false prophet.

~~~~~~~~

5. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary.

This is an axiom, to all who observe your idolatry ...Your mausoleums
are full of icons, images, statues and idols.

instead of denying the obvious ..just stop it...

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431222 Apr 4, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Jethro; THE TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started in Jerusalem not in Rome...
care to explain?

#431223 Apr 4, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
--- Jethro; THE TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started in Jerusalem not in Rome...

jethro8:
care to explain?

Easy: Jesus started the church in Jerusalem. The church was empowered in the Upper Room IN JERUSALEM.

Jesus told the Apostles not to leave Jerusalem on their missionary journeys UNTIL they were empowered by the Holy Ghost IN JERUSALEM.

God says His eye is always on Jerusalem.

Who changed the focus to Rome?

KayMarie

usa

#431224 Apr 4, 2013
FACT: The Roman Catholic church has invented an entire yearly calendar of non Biblical holy Days like Lent, Easter, Christmas... No one prior to 335 AD celebrated the birthday of Jesus. The word "Christmas" (Christ + Mass) was first used in 1038 AD. Before 335 AD, the pagan cult of Mithra, the Iranian "god of light", had long celebrated December 25 as Mithra's birthday. December 21, being the winter solace, marked the beginning of days with increasing amount of light, hence December 25 celebrated Mithra's triumph over darkness. Because the pagan festival that celebrated Mithra's birthday was so popular, the Roman Catholic church adopted the day, but changed the meaning from the birthday of Mithra, the "god of light", to Christ's birthday, God the son, "light of the world". The old meaning of December 25 was connected with Mithra's triumph over physical darkness. The new meaning celebrated Jesus triumph over spiritual darkness. Eventually Christmas became dominant, the Mithra cult went extinct and today this origin is not widely known among Roman Catholics. None of the apostles or the early church celebrated the birthday of Jesus.

#431225 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>care to explain?
The words of Jesus

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both

1.in Jerusalem, and

2.in all Judaea, and

3.in Samaria, and

4.unto the uttermost part of the earth.

~~~

THE ITINERARY OF THE APOSTLES ... WAS SET BY THE WITNESSES

ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST.

FOR THESE ARE THE NATIONS THAT WERE LATER VISITED

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Act 2:9 Parthians, and

Medes, and

Elamites, and

the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in

Judaea, and

Cappadocia, in

Pontus, and

Asia,

Act 2:10

Phrygia, and

Pamphylia, in

Egypt, and in the

parts of Libya about Cyrene, and

strangers of Rome,

Jews and

proselytes,

Act 2:11

Cretes and

Arabians,

we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

usa

#431226 Apr 4, 2013
Catholics say that infants inherit their parent's sin at conception and are therefore spiritually condemned and totally wicked.... Ezekiel:18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

usa

#431227 Apr 4, 2013
THIS FITS HOJO TO A TEE:When Roman Catholics are challenged from the Bible to defend their faith, they are unwilling or unable to defend what they believe and say the priest has the answer and never search the truth out for themselves. Priests and Bishops never get permission to have open public Bible discussions with honest Bible students like ourselves. Imagine a local parish priest publicly defending infant baptism against a Christian who taught the practice contradicted the Bible! It never happens! Forget what the Bible says, just trust the priest!....1 peter 3:15 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

#431228 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, in the 21st century - we have "increased knowledge" - so that means we should re-write the Bible again.
~~~

Isa_11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Hab 2:10 Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.

Hab 2:11 For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.

Hab 2:12 Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!

Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?

Hab 2:14 --->>> For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. <<<--

Hab 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

#431229 Apr 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Isa_11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Hab 2:10 Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
Hab 2:11 For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
Hab 2:12 Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
Hab 2:14 --->>> For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. <<<--
Hab 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

~~~~

Our Lord's Return to Earth Again

I am watching for the coming of the glad millennial day,
When our blessèd Lord shall come and catch His waiting bride away.
Oh! my heart is filled with rapture as I labor, watch, and pray,
For our Lord is coming back to earth again.

Refrain

Oh, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Yes, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Satan will be bound a thousand years; we’ll have no tempter then,
After Jesus shall come back to earth again.

Jesus’ coming back will be the answer to earth’s sorrowing cry,
For the knowledge of the Lord shall fill the earth and sea and sky.
God shall take away all sickness and the sufferer’s tears will dry,
When our Savior will come back to earth again.

Refrain

Yes, the ransomed of the Lord shall come to Zion then with joy,
And in all His holy mountain nothing hurts or shall destroy.
Perfect peace shall reign in every heart, and love without alloy,

Refrain

Then the sin and sorrow, pain and death of this dark world shall cease,
In a glorious reign with Jesus of a thousand years of peace.
All the earth is groaning, crying for that day of sweet release,
For our Jesus shall come back to earth again.

Refrain

#431230 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~

MY FORMER POST
SPOKE ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND GLORY OF THE LORD

READ IT

Hab_2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

GOD DOES NOT INSPIRE THAT WHICH HE HAS NOT SENT..IF YOU THINK HE DOES YOU HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN...

wHAT HE SPEAKS FORTH NOT ONLY COMES FROM HIM..

.BUT IT ALSO RETURNS TO HIM...

READ WHAT GOD SAYS...

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

it shall not return unto me void,

but it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

~~~~

THE BOOK OF THOMAS IS NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD

GOD DID NOT SEND IT..

ALL IT WILL ACCOMPLISH IS

CONFUSION OF FACE...AND FOOLISHNESS
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#431231 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?). That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors. He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary. He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.
It all began with the Bible?
Yep! Dangerous indeed if you are on the opposite side of the Bible.

Albuquerque, NM

#431232 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
~~~
That didn't answer my post at all.

Thanks for trying!

Albuquerque, NM

#431233 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
MY FORMER POST
READ IT
Hab_2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
GOD DOES NOT INSPIRE THAT WHICH HE HAS NOT SENT..IF YOU THINK HE DOES YOU HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN...
READ WHAT GOD SAYS...
~~~~
GOD DID NOT SEND IT..
Still trying to answer the post, huh? Now you are you are taking authority over "God" and determining what "He" inspires.

Bold move. Based upon what I've read by men - that would be blasphemy. Shame on you.

Please show me where "God" specifically states that GoThomas is "not the knowledge of our Lord. God did not send it."
- FACT - No books on this planet were written by an god.
- FACT - per Christianity - judging is only for "God" to do. It looks like you took another bold move and decided to post this - "
ALL IT WILL ACCOMPLISH IS CONFUSION OF FACE...AND FOOLISHNESS."
- two "owies" GiF, and both in the same post. No worries, you still have time to correct your mistakes. Cheer up!

I'm in your corner, remember?

Self.

#431234 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
MY FORMER POST
READ IT
READ WHAT GOD SAYS...
~~~~
GOD DID NOT SEND IT..
~~~
GOD HAS SENT HIS WORD....

THE GOSPEL IS NOT ONLY THE SPOKEN WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST..

JESUS IS THE LIVING WORD THE WORD MADE FLESH...

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

---

--->THE SOUND OF GOD'S WORD ENCOMPASSES THE WORLD/

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say,

--->Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.<---
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431235 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AH, HA! Now we have another Pharisee, who says "Jesus, why don't you come down from that Cross, and save yourself, so that we can ALL BELIEVE, that you are, who you say you are!!!
If Jesus wasn't a rebel towards his own religious leaders he would not have been put up on the cross now would he.

Remember (according to scriptures) it was a tiny crowd of people who determined his fate. Jesus or Barabas. The tiny crowd had a choice. 50-50. Heads or Tails.

If this man died on a cross, it had nothing to do with humanity, it had to do with being a rebel rouser, and an instigator. Why?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431236 Apr 4, 2013
According to scriptures Jesus was loved by all throughout Judea. People followed him, they listened to him, and according to scriptures he performed life saving miracles for thousands of them..........yet a short time later, a crowd of people are ALL screaming for his death. What happened to his followers from just a short time before?

.....parts of this story make no common sense. Something is terribly wrong.

Albuquerque, NM

#431237 Apr 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus wasn't a rebel towards his own religious leaders he would not have been put up on the cross now would he.
Remember (according to scriptures) it was a tiny crowd of people who determined his fate. Jesus or Barabas. The tiny crowd had a choice. 50-50. Heads or Tails.
If this man died on a cross, it had nothing to do with humanity, it had to do with being a rebel rouser, and an instigator. Why?
Good point Mike.

#431238 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That didn't answer my post at all.
Thanks for trying!
___

I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF AGREEING WITH WHAT YOU TEACH...

MY ANSWER WAS TO BRING GLORY TO GOD..NOT TO YOU...NOR YOUR

FOOLISHNESS...THAT YOU PROPAGATE,,

,IT IS NOT KNOWLEDGE IT IS INFORMATION..

.KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM GOD...

INFORMATION IS TRANSITORY

AND CHANGES WITH THE WIND....

KNOWLEDGE FROM GOD IS ETERNAL.

Psa_138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 18 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 20 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 20 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••