Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586630 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#431231 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with the Eucharist. He undid what Jesus Christ started and all his Apostles taught.
Your husband also added a concept called Sola Scripture that Christ never taught.
From tat false teaching, he determined that Mary had other children (brothers and sisters?). That Peter was never the head of the Apostles and did not have any successors. He determined that the Beast is the Roman Catholic Church. He teaches that Catholics worship statues and Mary. He made up a scenario that everyone has the authority to interpret scripture and dictate what Our Lords ministry is.
This all began on a lie called Sola Scripture.
The changing of the Eucharist is the most dangerous.
It all began with the Bible?
Yep! Dangerous indeed if you are on the opposite side of the Bible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431232 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...by using the same logic as you have....
Today, in the 21st century - we have "increased knowledge" - so that means we should re-write the Bible again.
I agree - in lieu of the recent 20th C. finds in Nag Hammadi and Qumram.
Unless you think - "God" isn't inspiring anyone anymore.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Isa_11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Hab 2:10 Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
Hab 2:11 For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
Hab 2:12 Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
Hab 2:14 --->>> For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. <<<--
Hab 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
That didn't answer my post at all.

Thanks for trying!

Albuquerque, NM

#431233 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
MY FORMER POST
SPOKE ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND GLORY OF THE LORD
READ IT
Isa_11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Hab_2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
GOD DOES NOT INSPIRE THAT WHICH HE HAS NOT SENT..IF YOU THINK HE DOES YOU HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN...
wHAT HE SPEAKS FORTH NOT ONLY COMES FROM HIM..
.BUT IT ALSO RETURNS TO HIM...
READ WHAT GOD SAYS...
Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and
it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
~~~~
THE BOOK OF THOMAS IS NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD
GOD DID NOT SEND IT..
ALL IT WILL ACCOMPLISH IS
CONFUSION OF FACE...AND FOOLISHNESS
Still trying to answer the post, huh? Now you are you are taking authority over "God" and determining what "He" inspires.

Bold move. Based upon what I've read by men - that would be blasphemy. Shame on you.

Please show me where "God" specifically states that GoThomas is "not the knowledge of our Lord. God did not send it."
- FACT - No books on this planet were written by an god.
- FACT - per Christianity - judging is only for "God" to do. It looks like you took another bold move and decided to post this - "
ALL IT WILL ACCOMPLISH IS CONFUSION OF FACE...AND FOOLISHNESS."
- two "owies" GiF, and both in the same post. No worries, you still have time to correct your mistakes. Cheer up!

I'm in your corner, remember?

Self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431234 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
MY FORMER POST
SPOKE ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND GLORY OF THE LORD
READ IT
Hab_2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
GOD DOES NOT INSPIRE THAT WHICH HE HAS NOT SENT..IF YOU THINK HE DOES YOU HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN...
wHAT HE SPEAKS FORTH NOT ONLY COMES FROM HIM..
.BUT IT ALSO RETURNS TO HIM...
READ WHAT GOD SAYS...
Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and
it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
~~~~
THE BOOK OF THOMAS IS NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD
GOD DID NOT SEND IT..
ALL IT WILL ACCOMPLISH IS
CONFUSION OF FACE...AND FOOLISHNESS
~~~
GOD HAS SENT HIS WORD....

THE GOSPEL IS NOT ONLY THE SPOKEN WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST..

JESUS IS THE LIVING WORD THE WORD MADE FLESH...

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

---

--->THE SOUND OF GOD'S WORD ENCOMPASSES THE WORLD/

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say,

--->Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.<---
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431235 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AH, HA! Now we have another Pharisee, who says "Jesus, why don't you come down from that Cross, and save yourself, so that we can ALL BELIEVE, that you are, who you say you are!!!
If Jesus wasn't a rebel towards his own religious leaders he would not have been put up on the cross now would he.

Remember (according to scriptures) it was a tiny crowd of people who determined his fate. Jesus or Barabas. The tiny crowd had a choice. 50-50. Heads or Tails.

If this man died on a cross, it had nothing to do with humanity, it had to do with being a rebel rouser, and an instigator. Why?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#431236 Apr 4, 2013
According to scriptures Jesus was loved by all throughout Judea. People followed him, they listened to him, and according to scriptures he performed life saving miracles for thousands of them..........yet a short time later, a crowd of people are ALL screaming for his death. What happened to his followers from just a short time before?

.....parts of this story make no common sense. Something is terribly wrong.

Albuquerque, NM

#431237 Apr 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus wasn't a rebel towards his own religious leaders he would not have been put up on the cross now would he.
Remember (according to scriptures) it was a tiny crowd of people who determined his fate. Jesus or Barabas. The tiny crowd had a choice. 50-50. Heads or Tails.
If this man died on a cross, it had nothing to do with humanity, it had to do with being a rebel rouser, and an instigator. Why?
Good point Mike.

#431238 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Soooo...by using the same logic as you have....
Today, in the 21st century - we have "increased knowledge" - so that means we should re-write the Bible again.
I agree - in lieu of the recent 20th C. finds in Nag Hammadi and Qumram.
Unless you think - "God" isn't inspiring anyone anymore.
<quoted text>
That didn't answer my post at all.
Thanks for trying!
___

I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF AGREEING WITH WHAT YOU TEACH...

MY ANSWER WAS TO BRING GLORY TO GOD..NOT TO YOU...NOR YOUR

FOOLISHNESS...THAT YOU PROPAGATE,,

,IT IS NOT KNOWLEDGE IT IS INFORMATION..

.KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM GOD...

INFORMATION IS TRANSITORY

AND CHANGES WITH THE WIND....

KNOWLEDGE FROM GOD IS ETERNAL.

Psa_138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431239 Apr 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
According to scriptures Jesus was loved by all throughout Judea. People followed him, they listened to him, and according to scriptures he performed life saving miracles for thousands of them..........yet a short time later, a crowd of people are ALL screaming for his death. What happened to his followers from just a short time before?
Very little of the story makes sense.

That's how the delusional god "saves" souls -- souls that were created by the delusional god in the first place.

It took hundreds of years and the Roman Empire to sort it all out.

Albuquerque, NM

#431240 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
___
I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF AGREEING WITH WHAT YOU TEACH...
MY ANSWER WAS TO BRING GLORY TO GOD..NOT TO YOU...NOR YOUR
FOOLISHNESS...THAT YOU PROPAGATE,,
,IT IS NOT KNOWLEDGE IT IS INFORMATION..
.KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM GOD...
INFORMATION IS TRANSITORY
AND CHANGES WITH THE WIND....
KNOWLEDGE FROM GOD IS ETERNAL.
Psa_138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
So Jesus didn't speak for "God"?

You are correct.

#431241 Apr 4, 2013
who="MICHAEL" According to scriptures Jesus was loved by all throughout Judea. People followed him, they listened to him, and according to scriptures he performed life saving miracles for thousands of them..........yet a short time later, a crowd of people are ALL screaming for his death. What happened to his followers from just a short time before?

You know crowds better than that. Jesus told one crowd that they didn't follow Him for the teaching/miracles, but because He fed them. Self interest.

The crowd was not ALL screaming for His death. The faithful were afraid, but they 'stood afar off' looking on in horror.

It was the religious crowd, joined by the political leaders, and the lawyers who demanded His death.

Just as our nation today is being 'shouted down' by the weirdo's who want to legalize all manner of wickedness. Marx and Lenin said that the uninformed 'me too' bunch that can be used in such a manner were 'useful idiots'. The church calls them "the world".

KayMarie

#431242 Apr 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

"MICHAEL"]
The Bible says..

Ecc_10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

You are breaking the hedge, not only for your self but as the head of you family, you are opening the hedge for them...

when you attack Christ,,

Just be warned...when you step out of the hedge that God has had around you...you are fair game for whatever the serpent/the enemy of you soul ....wants to do to you..

You should be making up the hedge not destroying it..

.for example ... from the Old Testament

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Job 1:10 --->Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

God said in
Eze_22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Your decision to war against God can be very detrimental to you and to your posterity and open up the gates of unanticipated destruction...

if you are open up the door to the*** thief...
___

The words of Jesus in

Joh 10:10 The ***thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

#431243 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
So Jesus didn't speak for "God"
You are correct.
Are you sure your name isn't tornado ,,,You attempt to twist every thing that is posted to you ...

Is it not a wonder that your fort is the book of Thomas's..twisted works?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431244 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not part of the Vatican council that changes it's beliefs/traditions as the times change
No!! You're just ANOTHER ONE of the hodge-podge of 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant "fundies" that adds to, changes or re-interprets their bible beliefs, every time "some other fundie" comes up with a another new editorialize modernistic interpretation of the bible!! Your bible only (rif-raf) of (inconsistencies, confusion, and chaotic "personal interpretation of Sacred Scripture just keeps getting more and more disordered.

#431245 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! You're just ANOTHER ONE of the hodge-podge of 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant "fundies" that adds to, changes or re-interprets their bible beliefs, every time "some other fundie" comes up with a another new editorialize modernistic interpretation of the bible!! Your bible only (rif-raf) of (inconsistencies, confusion, and chaotic "personal interpretation of Sacred Scripture just keeps getting more and more disordered.
You wrote

Your bible only (rif-raf) of (inconsistencies, confusion, and chaotic "personal interpretation of Sacred Scripture just keeps getting more and more disordered.

You call us (rif-raf).

Yet you don't/wont... take the Bible and show us what you claim to be truth..

Obviously you have no truth to give or show us..

.Evidently you have already said it.... all which has been nothing to date but calling us names...in your attempt to cut us of from the GRACE OF GOD

The prophet says...

Hab 2:9 Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!

Hab 2:10 ---> Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431246 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why would i want to waste my time reading biased material about the church?
And why would I want to "waste my time" reading your "remote and obscure sources" of anti-catholic bias of "so-called" Church History, that is laced with heresy, and distortions of the truth of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY.... Sorry Jethro8, but I had "my fill" of Protestant "made-up and concocted" Church History lies for over 35 years as a bible only "bungling buffoon"!! YOU CAN HAVE THE LIES, THE DECEPTION AND THE FALSE/DISTORTED "FUNDIE" TEACHING!------IT IS ALL YOURS!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#431247 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Hab 2:14 --->>> For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. <<<--
~~~~
Our Lord's Return to Earth Again
I am watching for the coming of the glad millennial day,
When our blessèd Lord shall come and catch His waiting bride away.
Oh! my heart is filled with rapture as I labor, watch, and pray,
For our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Refrain
Oh, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Yes, our Lord is coming back to earth again.
Satan will be bound a thousand years; we’ll have no tempter then,
After Jesus shall come back to earth again.
Jesus’ coming back will be the answer to earth’s sorrowing cry,
For the knowledge of the Lord shall fill the earth and sea and sky.
God shall take away all sickness and the sufferer’s tears will dry,
When our Savior will come back to earth again.
Refrain
Yes, the ransomed of the Lord shall come to Zion then with joy,
And in all His holy mountain nothing hurts or shall destroy.
Perfect peace shall reign in every heart, and love without alloy,
Refrain
Then the sin and sorrow, pain and death of this dark world shall cease,
In a glorious reign with Jesus of a thousand years of peace.
All the earth is groaning, crying for that day of sweet release,
For our Jesus shall come back to earth again.
Refrain
==========

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431248 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:if your church is what it claims to be then you should have no problem answering my question,yet you do here it is:Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.
Why should I "waste my time" discussing or debating ANYTHING with you or any other bible only "buffoon" that has a "pre-determined indoctrination" of anti-catholic heresy, lies and deceit that has "'CORRUPTED your mind, heart and soul. I'll repeat it again:
Read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL --jethro8!! Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a mirror"!! My time is better spent at Daily Mass, the bible readings, confession, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments and in the Adoration Pray Chapel, before the Blessed Sacrament, praying to you, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, Jethro8 and "any other Prodigal Son defiant and rebellious rebel" that Our Lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH to come to the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic Church
youtube

AOL

#431249 Apr 4, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431250 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
Your bible only (rif-raf) of (inconsistencies, confusion, and chaotic "personal interpretation of Sacred Scripture just keeps getting more and more disordered.
You call us (rif-raf).
Yet you don't/wont... take the Bible and show us what you claim to be truth..
Obviously you have no truth to give or show us..
The ONLY reason that you "fundies" want to discuss, debate or deliberate ANYTHING that has to do with TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION
or TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY is because you have "absolutely" no sources of biblical or historical truth to back up ANYTHING you say.(only 450+ years of more and more Protestant) bible only confusion and chaos) since the Protestant Reformation). You "fundies" in "desperation", attempt to come up with something----ANYTHING----- "concoted, and made-up", to go along with your editorialized (self interpreted) bible interpretation (or better yet mis-interpretation), by "making-it-up" as you go, legendary Church History.......... The TRUTH, has, is and will always be recorded, authenticated, verified and PROVEN TO BE TRUE by Apologist Historian authors and writers,(both Catholic and Protestant) that Jesus Christ (over 2000 years ago) formed and initiated ONE (and only one) TRUE (UNIVERSAL-CATHOLIC) Church in Matthew 16:13-21 and appointed St Peter (along with 2000 years of Apostolic Succession, to lead HIS CHURCH, until HE (Our Lord) returns the second time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr barry 84,153
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web