Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,781)

Showing posts 415,601 - 415,620 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Religion - A Delusion" Try praying--
What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:
Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.
Will anything happen? No. Of course not.
It's delusional.
Some cancer is the result of eating certain things. Some is the result of certain behaviors (homosexuality).(yes, google it...there are 115,000 articles on the subject.)
God DOES heal cancer. But until He wipes sin out (which He will), there will remain some devastating results of sin. Part of the process involves WILLINGLY FORSAKING SIN. Many don't want to do that.
You can pray anything you want...but stamping your feet like a child will not influence God to work miracles for a people who deny Him.
KM
If cancer is caused by sin, then why bother trying to cure it?

You are delusional.

You want your cake and eat it too. Medical science is anti-religion. It does not believe cancer is caused by sin. Science rejects prayer and mysticism. It looks for natural causes and cures.

When your go to a medical doctor, you are rejecting your delusions, which isn't a bad thing.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT DIED...AND THAT HE IS NOT ALIVE AND WELL..
OR
at least attempt to convenes us that THE HOLY GHOLT CANNOT GUIDE TRANSLATORS TODAY AS WELL AS IN THE PAST.
WHEN DID THE WORD OF JESUS COME TO AN END---
JESUS SAID...(GENEVA BIBLE 1599)
Joh 16:13 Howbeit, when he is come which is the Spirit of trueth, he will leade you into all trueth: for he shall not speake of himselfe, but whatsoeuer he shall heare, shall he speake, and he will shew you the things to come.
Again I remind you... GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO TIME AND SPACE..
NOR IS HE CONTROLLED BY THE IGNORANCE OF MEN...
Never said that THE HOLY SPIRIT DIED...AND THAT HE IS NOT ALIVE AND WELL..
If they had been inspired during translation there would not be all the confusion there is today. Gods word does not contradict itself period.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...
I said I believe the Holy Spirit guided the Church when they put the Bible together. Jesus also put the Church together ya know?

Besides, what good is the Bible to you guys when you reject so much of what the Apostles taught??
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Judged:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying nothing of the sort.
All I'm saying is Christians had nothing written down for the first thirty yrs of the faith.
RESPONSE:
Why do you ignor the fact that the first christians DID have something written down. It was called the old testament. And had Jesus Himself gone against the teachings of the scriptures His followers would have rejected His message and His claims. The scriptures were and are GOD'S WORD, and God has the final authority and say on all matters of faith.
Perhaps you have heard this before Clay......"Jesus loves me, this I know....For the BIBLE tells me so."
I would also disagree with your belief that everyone looked to Clement and Ignatious as haveing the SAME credibility as the Apostles. The Apostles were given sign gifts to PROVE that they were empowered by God to do His work. That can not be said for those who followed.
And AGAIN you are casting doubt on the phrase,'Word of God'. You have given us YOUR definition and it is quite without merit or basis.
Your view of the word of God (the scriptures) is not in agreement with the scriptures themselves.
So perhaps it would clear things up a bit if you would tell us exactly what your view of the scriptures really is.
Do you believe that the bible IS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible CONTAINS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible is LITERALLY true?
4gvn, please read Luke 24: 13-35.

the two men were walking with Jesus and did not know it. They did not recognize what Christ is
; why He was crucified. They did not understand the scriptures UNTIL, He sat down with them, took Bread, blessed it, He broke it and gave them the Eucharist.
Jesus never told the men, "here, read this then your eyes will be opened and you'll recognize me"

He gave them the Eucharist.

When Luther and Calvin undid this, they created a world of confusion with the scriptures... A doctrinal mess with 45,000 different opinions on Christianity. None of you can understand the scriptures, because you've eliminated the Eucharist and the Church upon which the scriptures came. Don't you see the fighting when we Catholics leave, and its just each other??

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Protestant Minister writes:‘I’m joining the Catholic Church”

Each year on Holy Saturday — the day before Easter, when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus — the Catholic Church receives many men and women wishing to convert. New members are welcomed through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, in which non-baptized men and women are officially recognized as a members of the church.

They must complete a process of conversion as they study the Gospel, profess faith in Jesus Christ and receive the sacraments of baptism, Holy Eucharist, and confirmation. For some, the entire process may take several years.

http://www.catholic-convert.com/2013/03/25/a-...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

NEW CONVERTS

Some 150,000 Americans will officially become Catholics this Holy Saturday, celebrating a time, in the Christian world, of repentance and renewal. The large number of those converting to Roman Catholicism comes despite the sexual abuse scandal that has rocked the church over the past few years.

Catholic clergy and scholars say those who come into the church have various reasons for doing so. Some are inspired by family members who are Catholic, while others find the church as they explore faith groups until they feel at home.

And still more are those who were baptized but never really practiced until adulthood.

Each year on Holy Saturday — the day before Easter, when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus — the Catholic Church receives many men and women wishing to convert. New members are welcomed through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, in which non-baptized men and women are officially recognized as a members of the church.

They must complete a process of conversion as they study the Gospel, profess faith in Jesus Christ and receive the sacraments of baptism, Holy Eucharist, and confirmation. For some, the entire process may take several years.
ABC NEWS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Bible about praying to saints -- thus it is only your opinion. God's word does not support your opinions.
John 16:23 "...whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you."
Nothing about asking saints or the 'virgin mary'. The pope and Roman Church have OPINIONS & traditions of MAN. The inspired Bible does not have opinion.
Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Such is the history of the harlot in Rome.
Regarding traditions…..

2 Thess 2:25
14To this end he has [also] called you through our gospel to possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.h 15Therefore, brothers,

stand firm and

hold fast

to the traditions that you were taught,

either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.*

JESUS said ‘pray for each other’
REV 8:
3Another angel came and stood at the altar,* holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer, ALONG WITH THE PRAYERS OF ALL THE HOLY ONES, on the gold altar that was before the throne.
[Saints =‘holy ones’]

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else ... May he strengthen
your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes
with all HIS HOLY ONES.

So goes soc the harlot.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps you then arent as smart as you think that you are?
I think, rather, that you put your foot in your mouth and have no way to save face.

BTW...speaking of not being smart...its aren't......

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! Yours is just like most "fundies"!.... One bible verse (cafeteria style) pick and choose "editorialized opinion" after another. It's better know as just "making it up" as you go along!1
i'm not part of the Vatican council that changes it's beliefs/traditions as the times change,if the legend is true you have to stick with the writings of the scriptures as is,you can not change anything because it is gods word and it is final,no religious cult has the right to do anything, except follow gods word and the catholic church does not do that.the church is so guilty of crimes,one of your popes wrote a letter of apology going back to the atrocities of the church in it's early days,i know so because he apologized for how Galileo was mistreated by the church,and what he was saying/teaching was the truth,and the church hates the truth. they want you to stay blind to the truth,and you follow their orders very well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Preston wrote:
Shabbat (Hebrew: &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1489;&#1464;& #1468;&#1514;&#8206;, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: &#1513;&#1488;&#14 89;&#1468;&#1506;& #1505;) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which they remember the traditional creation of the heavens and the earth in six days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat
Its also in the English dictionary...but it is not in Scripture...

Now you not only have your foot in your mouth....you have added egg on your face!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the eucharist isn't strictly a roman/pagan institution, why is it that only a catholic priest can do the hocus pocus necessary for the 'transubstantiation'(also completely pagan/roman terminology)?
Jesus explains what He was talking about in latter verses when His disciples asked Him about eating His flesh and drinking His blood; "the flesh profits nothing; My WORDS are SPIRIT and they are life" Jesus
Regarding transubstantiation…..
Because your church is a phony church started by mortal man! That's why!
A non-appointed minister can not do [Lk 24: 24-30, John 6:53]‘transubstantiation’ JESUS only gave the Gift to HIS Apostles.

Jesus’ said I am the truth and the life that comes from heaven. He said I am with you always. He is the bread that comes from heaven.

Jesus appointed the Apostles to carry on His ONE and ONLY TRUE CHURCH. Priests are appointed by their successors.. Your church is NOT part of the Church started by Jesus Christ. Laying of the hands is Apostolic succession!! Acts 1:20-26

Some followers walked away, b/c they did not believe the bread was his flesh or the wine was his blood……......this is you.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bit confused about this. Jesus is God. the Father is od. The Holy Spirit is God.But They are 3 separate Persons. Jesus was praying to the Father, not to Himself.
No one is confused. It's a delusion.

You say Jesus is God. So when Jesus prays, does he pray to himself? Somehow that makes sense, but only based on a delusion.

Imagine that we are good friends. One day we are talking:

Me: Wow, you will not believe this new book I've been reading!

You: What's it about?

Me: It is a manual for living a better life. It is also a guide to creating a better society for ourselves and our children. It has changed my life!

You: That sounds like an important book. Who wrote it?

Me: The author is supposed to be the smartest person in the universe.

You: That's amazing -- if the author is the smartest person in the universe, the book must be absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to see it. Do you have a copy with you?

Me: Absolutely! I carry it with me everywhere I go! Here, have a look for yourself...

You open the book to a random page, and you find this:

Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.

All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.

To accept this banter as from the creator of it all is delusional. It's absurd. A teenager could do better.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, we are told all of the faith of Jesus are saved. However there are others of Babylon's Harlot who are lost.
If you read the Bible tell us who has the mark of the beast? What is the beast and who has his mark?
The beast is Nero.

Google it…. Page after page will tell you the beast is Nero.

And, yes pagans were lost until the Catholic conversation.[still happening, daily]
Tks be to GOD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

151 096 073
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>IT IS WRITTEN: paraphrasing
The Prophets of Old and the Appostles were Inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Now can you show me were it states those men who translated the scripture to other languages did not err ?
God did not teach that we are to prove His Word....but to believe.

I believe wholeheartedly, sincerely, without one ounce of doubt, that God, who Created the universe and all that is in it, could see to it that His Word is infallible...including the punctuation.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU HAVEN'T WOKEN UP YET.
YOU ARE STILL IN A CONTINUAL NIGHT MARE.
Evidently you will not awaken till the flames of hell are licking at your feet.
Then it will be a rude awakening...for sure...
Your hatred of other beliefs will be your own downfall.

"God" doesn't like arrogance.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Your wrote Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?
I gave you the answer because knowledge increased.
So, let's see if I understand you correctly.

Because "knowledge increased" it was the right time to "re-write" the Bible.

You are clueless.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The point being scripture states BODY !!!!
So.

Jesus taught about the Spirit and Self.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Here a God delusion describes how to become a slave for life, and shows that it is completely acceptable to separate slaves from their families.

This delusional "Creator" also shows that he completely endorses the branding of slaves through mutilation.

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 1:

"Now these are the ordinances which you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says,'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,' then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for life."

This "creator" is a delusion based on fear.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is confused. It's a delusion.
You say Jesus is God. So when Jesus prays, does he pray to himself? Somehow that makes sense, but only based on a delusion.
Imagine that we are good friends. One day we are talking:
Me: Wow, you will not believe this new book I've been reading!
You: What's it about?
Me: It is a manual for living a better life. It is also a guide to creating a better society for ourselves and our children. It has changed my life!
You: That sounds like an important book. Who wrote it?
Me: The author is supposed to be the smartest person in the universe.
You: That's amazing -- if the author is the smartest person in the universe, the book must be absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to see it. Do you have a copy with you?
Me: Absolutely! I carry it with me everywhere I go! Here, have a look for yourself...
You open the book to a random page, and you find this:
Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.
All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.
To accept this banter as from the creator of it all is delusional. It's absurd. A teenager could do better.
A person must know how to read the Bible and its various genres. Otherwise, you are right. Some thing will seem absurd. I do thank you for disagreeing IN A RSPECTFUL WAY.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bit confused about this. Jesus is God. the Father is od. The Holy Spirit is God.But They are 3 separate Persons. Jesus was praying to the Father, not to Himself.
Herme - there is no proof of this claim.

But there is proof that this doctrine became dogma in one of the many councils presided over by men.

Basically, it was chosen to make this belief one you should believe, if you are to be involved with Christianity.

It doesn't make it any truer than there is only one being called "God" and one being named Jesus, and one being named the Holy Spirit.

It is all about how one perceives the information provided to them.

Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,601 - 415,620 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••