Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,798
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431153 Apr 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU EVIDENTLY BELIEVE you are the sharpest knife in the drawer..
WITH YOUR NEW AGE DECEITFUL BALONEY...
and believe you are qualified to judge Christians...
BUT SINCE YOU POSTED THAT YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN....
All you are an accuser...
YOU USE NO SCRIPTURE TO VALIDATE YOUR DEBATE OR REBUTTAL ALL YOU HAVE IS EMPTY REMARKS...
Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation and strength and the kingdom of our God and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our brethren is cast forth, who accused them before our God day and night.
Wrong again GiF.

I use teachings by Jesus. Just because you don't call them scripture, doesn't mean they aren't.

Why do you believe men have the right to choose who Jesus was and who he wasn't? What right do they have?

You're just mad, because I've shown you your error in your belief and now you have no way to angry at anyone, except me.

The dismay is short-lived, if you allow the astonishment to take root.

Albuquerque, NM

#431154 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
All you are an accuser...
Correct - I accuse you of NOT following all of what Jesus taught.

Now, let's see how honest you are with yourself and others.

You aren't a so-called "Christian" any more than your judgment of me.

Bummer for you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431155 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs One True Church) was established initiated and founded by Jesus HIMSELF, with HIS DIVINE AUTHORITY, it was given to His Apostles who were Bishops, priests and deacons (Acts 2) and their AUTHORITY delegated and handed down to those Bishops, priests and deacons that followed Jesus' Apostles....... The DIVINE AUTHORITY of Jesus has been handed down, through the succession of the Apostles for over 2000 years.through Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church!.....FURTHERMORE Jesus said "all AUTHORITY has been given unto me in both heaven and earth."---and I give IT to whoever I chose--and (as he told His Apostles) I give that AUTHORITY to you to go and make disciples of all nations ---baptising them in the name.of the father.......... teaching to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you! Jesus NEVER said that the authority is in the "bible alone"! Jesus NEVER wrote anything down! HE NEVER passed out bibles to anyone..... The oral (unwritten) teachings of Jesus were the "only source of TRUTH" at that time, that were passed on to the Apostles....Paul "CONFIRMS" this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillare, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The AUTHORITY of TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. The Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals represent the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the TRUE DOCUMENTED Church Historical authenticated records and the TRUTH of Jesus teachings as recorded in the Gospels. The bible "compliments and parallels the writings and TRUE interpretive "translations" in the ENCYCLICALS and in the Catholic Catechism. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic Church) is the "final AUTHORITY"--not the bible alone!! Paul says it, confirms it, validates it, and clearly sanctions it, in the bible (! Timothy 3:15). Just like always, jethro8! You "continue" to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which is NO SURPRISE to ANY of us Catholics who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
Hey ditto...

SHOW AND TELL.... from the Bible....

PROVE YOUR POST..BY GOD'S WORD...

IF GOD DID WHAT YOU CLAIM .....IT WOULD BE IN HIS WORD..

Amo 3:7 For the Lord God doth nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

IF YOU CANNOT Validate... WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE TRUE.... BY THE BIBLE...

OR ALL YOU HAVE IS SMOKE AND MIRRORS...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431156 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs One True Church) was established initiated and founded by Jesus HIMSELF, with HIS DIVINE AUTHORITY, it was given to His Apostles who were Bishops, priests and deacons (Acts 2) and their AUTHORITY delegated and handed down to those Bishops, priests and deacons that followed Jesus' Apostles....... The DIVINE AUTHORITY of Jesus has been handed down, through the succession of the Apostles for over 2000 years.through Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church!.....FURTHERMORE Jesus said "all AUTHORITY has been given unto me in both heaven and earth."---and I give IT to whoever I chose--and (as he told His Apostles) I give that AUTHORITY to you to go and make disciples of all nations ---baptising them in the name.of the father.......... teaching to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you! Jesus NEVER said that the authority is in the "bible alone"! Jesus NEVER wrote anything down! HE NEVER passed out bibles to anyone..... The oral (unwritten) teachings of Jesus were the "only source of TRUTH" at that time, that were passed on to the Apostles....Paul "CONFIRMS" this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillare, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The AUTHORITY of TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. The Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals represent the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the TRUE DOCUMENTED Church Historical authenticated records and the TRUTH of Jesus teachings as recorded in the Gospels. The bible "compliments and parallels the writings and TRUE interpretive "translations" in the ENCYCLICALS and in the Catholic Catechism. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic Church) is the "final AUTHORITY"--not the bible alone!! Paul says it, confirms it, validates it, and clearly sanctions it, in the bible (! Timothy 3:15). Just like always, jethro8! You "continue" to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which is NO SURPRISE to ANY of us Catholics who KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs One True Church) was established initiated and founded by Jesus HIMSELF, with HIS DIVINE AUTHORITY...JETHRO:SHOW ME IN THE SCRIPTURES WHERE HE SAYS THIS? paul never says this (The AUTHORITY of TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.) why would he support a church that is killing his people? and explain this,like i asked"Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?" this proves that the R.P.C. church is not an apostolic church,it couldn't be,it's inhumanity towards man clearly points that out,no holy church would commit the crimes the pagan/church has. you need to re-read the true history i posted last week of your church, and maybe you'll finally see the truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#431157 Apr 4, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion" Look at historical gods--
The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages.
We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. There is no evidence of their existence. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.
More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet we know with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. There is no evidence for their existence and thus no one worships Zeus any more.
Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were completely imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective.
Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.
It's a delusion.
Florida...just because something is counterfeit, the REAL is no less REAL. In fact, were there no 'real' item (money, etc.) there would be nothing to counterfeit.
Image: Counterfeit copy of something real.
-ination: Action of a mental IMAGE. Imagination. Delusion.
Your imagination is pretty active...but it is a counterfeit.
Jesus is real, and He is alive.
KM
Self.

Promoted daily by so-called "Christians" out of one side of thier mouth, yet rebuke and refute it out of the other side.

Christianity causes confuses to its follower.

#431158 Apr 4, 2013
who="Clay"
I mean that Jesus Christ never told anyone to put together a NT. He never said He wanted Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to pen memoirs about His Ministry and include them with 23 other Books to become the foundation of His Ministry.
Although it is true that the Holy Spirit guided the Church on the compilation of the Bible. It is also true that the Holy Spirit guides the Church. Period.

Why do you suppose Jesus spent three years teaching disciples (students)? And why do you suppose that He 'opened their understanding' to the scriptures that prophesied of Him...as well as others?

John said that if all Jesus said and did WERE WRITTEN DOWN, the world could not hold the books. So the idea was there...and you can't prove that Jesus DID NOT give them such instruction.

We know for sure that all of the talents of men were given by God...writing included.(Ex.35)

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#431159 Apr 4, 2013
confuses = s/b "confusion"
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431160 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You are not being truthful
....I know you cant it is impossible....
I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T VERIFIED WHAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS TEACH FROM THE BIBLE
BECAUSE
WHAT YOU TEACH
AINT IN THERE.
SO YOU COULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ANY REFERENCES...FROM THE BIBLE
QUESTION..
WHY DO YOU LIE ON GOD?
All liars will have their part in the lake of fire.
BEST WAKE UP......AND ABIDE BY GOD'S WORD...BEFORE IT IS TO LATE..
I "woke up" after 35 years of listening to "heretical bible only preachers like you" who distort, manipulate and editorialize the TRUE interpretation of the bible, with anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance against JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and His biblically and historically "proven" One True Catholic Church. The TRUE Gospel, teachings, doctrine and precepts of Jesus Christ are "clearly taught and expressed" by JESUS HIMSELF regarding His One True Catholic Church, the authority passed on to His Apostles, Salvation and the baptism of repentance, being born again (Nicodemus), and the Eucharist (Jesus TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD)
As usual Confrinting, you just "list a (hodge-podged) bunch of bible verses" cherry picked with "editiorialized" bogus interpretations, and then apply them to "your own (vindictive) anti-catholic attitude, DENYING and REJECTING the "TRUE spoken words of Jesus Christ". As I have told you before Confrinting--you are just like Peter, before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!
YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!!!

usa

#431161 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.

usa

#431162 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, jethro8, can continue to rely upon your anti-catholic (relative truth) sources of heresy, hypocricy and distortion of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... I/we as Catholics will continue to follow, adhere to and remain with the Historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years of "existing" (indisputable and fundamental TRUTH)of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church which is an original, actual and obvious reality of FACT!!
my sources lately have been passages from the bible that clearly show the catholic church is not the true church,so i guess you can say i'm using an anti-catholic book,

#431163 Apr 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>IT IS WRITTEN: paraphrasing
The Prophets of Old and the Appostles were Inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Now can you show me were it states those men who translated the scripture to other languages did not err ?
~~~

PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT DIED...AND THAT HE IS NOT ALIVE AND WELL..

OR

at least attempt to convenes us that THE HOLY GHOLT CANNOT GUIDE TRANSLATORS TODAY AS WELL AS IN THE PAST.

WHEN DID THE WORD OF JESUS COME TO AN END---

JESUS SAID...(GENEVA BIBLE 1599)

Joh 16:13 Howbeit, when he is come which is the Spirit of trueth, he will leade you into all trueth: for he shall not speake of himselfe, but whatsoeuer he shall heare, shall he speake, and he will shew you the things to come.

Again I remind you... GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO TIME AND SPACE..

NOR IS HE CONTROLLED BY THE IGNORANCE OF MEN...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431164 Apr 4, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>

Why not reproduce such magic tricks for the world to actually witness?
Because delusions cannot be witnessed by others.
AH, HA! Now we have another Pharisee, who says "Jesus, why don't you come down from that Cross, and save yourself, so that we can ALL BELIEVE, that you are, who you say you are!!!

#431165 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "woke up" after 35 years of listening to "heretical bible only preachers like you" who distort, manipulate and editorialize the TRUE interpretation of the bible, with anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance against JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and His biblically and historically "proven" One True Catholic Church. The TRUE Gospel, teachings, doctrine and precepts of Jesus Christ are "clearly taught and expressed" by JESUS HIMSELF regarding His One True Catholic Church, the authority passed on to His Apostles, Salvation and the baptism of repentance, being born again (Nicodemus), and the Eucharist (Jesus TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD)
As usual Confrinting, you just "list a (hodge-podged) bunch of bible verses" cherry picked with "editiorialized" bogus interpretations, and then apply them to "your own (vindictive) anti-catholic attitude, DENYING and REJECTING the "TRUE spoken words of Jesus Christ". As I have told you before Confrinting--you are just like Peter, before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!
YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!!!
~~~

YOU HAVEN'T WOKEN UP YET.

YOU ARE STILL IN A CONTINUAL NIGHT MARE.

Evidently you will not awaken till the flames of hell are licking at your feet.

Then it will be a rude awakening...for sure...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431166 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>my sources lately have been passages from the bible that clearly show the catholic church is not the true church,so i guess you can say i'm using an anti-catholic book,
NO! Yours is just like most "fundies"!.... One bible verse (cafeteria style) pick and choose "editorialized opinion" after another. It's better know as just "making it up" as you go along!1
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431167 Apr 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless....and uninformed.
"The series originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus
- Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?
<quoted text>
Your post has nothing to do with mine, nor the forum's topic.
What is your point?
Your wrote Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?

I gave you the answer because knowledge increased.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#431168 Apr 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean that Jesus Christ never told anyone to put together a NT. He never said He wanted Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to pen memoirs about His Ministry and include them with 23 other Books to become the foundation of His Ministry.
--- Clay; I disagree and you are clueless and nuts;>>>AS IF JESUS CHRIST WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GOD THE FATHER DID NOT PUT GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES TOGETHER... Clay you need to wake up... GET REAL...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431169 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Again...what is your point?
Anyone can cut and paste verses from the Bible. very few understand what they post.
The point being scripture states BODY !!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431170 Apr 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin. and show oral proof the catholic church is the alleged true church.
Read the Catholic Catechism, and the Encyclicals which confirm and authenticate the TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE----THE TRUE HISTORICAL CHURCH HISTORY WRITINGS ----and THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, as they parallel, confirm, validate, and substantiate EVERYTHING that Jesus taught, proclaimed and handed down to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago. READ IT ALL --jethro8!! Then you can go "argue, discuss and debate with yourself in front of a mirror"!!
hahahahah

Charleston, WV

#431171 Apr 4, 2013
wow..its pretty obviuos what catholic stand for. pervert. look at yer priests and popes
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431172 Apr 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AH, HA! Now we have another Pharisee, who says "Jesus, why don't you come down from that Cross, and save yourself, so that we can ALL BELIEVE, that you are, who you say you are!!!
Yep, why not? "Myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?"

The never-ending absurdity is part of the delusion.

Ever wonder about Jesus' famous lamentation in Matthew 27:46:
About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Since Jesus is God, what he really must have meant is: "Myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?" Which of course makes absolutely no sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Gee-Tee 8,537
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 11 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists 21 hr SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE