Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
415,541 - 415,560 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Was the pope chosen by man or by God? Is it a bloodline that must be followed just as it is for one to become President? Are saints chosen by man and then acknowledged and accepted by God to become like God? Will your sins be forgiven if U confess them to another man? Is to eat the body of Christ and to drink his blood symbolic of cannabalism? Does praying to Mary, Mother of God, grant mercy when it comes to sin? Is Jesus really God? Jesus said the Almighty Father that dwells in Heaven was God and that His will shall be done. Why do Catholics call Mary "God's mom" if she was just the human vessel that ushered in Christ into the world who clearly stated throughtout his ministry that God was his father and not himself? I have plenty of questions for Catholics because the confusion and obvious contradictions of Catholicism are misleading and can set in motion an entire movement of rebels once it is found out that the Church was just using their ignorance of TRUE knowledge about who God is to keep them all under hypnosis in order to maintain their status over the masses and keep the Holy Roman Empire alive and well.
a group of men choose the pope,has nothing to do with god or jesus,if it did there would be no reason for a vote on a new pope god would tell them right away who it is,but they do it this way because vatican city is a tourist trap and the church owns all the stores in the area so thjey drag it out as long as possible to make money.nothing divine about the whole thing at all.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

preston
wrong
see light=20 september=jewish candle day=holy day
see 16 chapel see 16 january
see august=holy day why
now
did you pray preston..to whom..please tell me..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>another parrot post,try something interesting inreading will you?
Oh, you mean like some new "gig, idea or editorialized opinion" that "springs up, surfaces, and changes every (single day), depending on which way the (ever changing) "fundie" biblical or historical (relative truth) "wind happens to blow"!! You bible only believers have been doing this (inventing, making up and rewriting of Church History) since Martin Luther came on the scene over 450 years ago. Want proof!!! Just look at ALL of new bible only denominations that have and are "still" being concocted each and every day (42,000 contradicting hodge-podge Protestant "man-made" (cults) in which ALL claim to have the truth!!------YES--(as you say) "something interesting, something new" -----so that you can continue to be religiously and spiritually ENTERTAINED. The fact is that the Historical and Biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ message of faith, salvation and hope, which has, is and will CONTINUE to be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, was initiated over 2000 years NOT to "entertain you", but to lead you to the TRUTH, which you continue to "reject"!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible has authority over your man made written Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals,show me something outside of catholic web sites that support the Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals.
You, jethro8, can continue to rely upon your anti-catholic (relative truth) sources of heresy, hypocricy and distortion of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... I/we as Catholics will continue to follow, adhere to and remain with the Historical and biblical TRUTH of over 2000 years of "existing" (indisputable and fundamental TRUTH)of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church which is an original, actual and obvious reality of FACT!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

4GVN wrote:
Judged:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying nothing of the sort.
All I'm saying is Christians had nothing written down for the first thirty yrs of the faith.
RESPONSE:
Why do you ignor the fact that the first christians DID have something written down. It was called the old testament. And had Jesus Himself gone against the teachings of the scriptures His followers would have rejected His message and His claims. The scriptures were and are GOD'S WORD, and God has the final authority and say on all matters of faith.
Perhaps you have heard this before Clay......"Jesus loves me, this I know....For the BIBLE tells me so."
I would also disagree with your belief that everyone looked to Clement and Ignatious as haveing the SAME credibility as the Apostles. The Apostles were given sign gifts to PROVE that they were empowered by God to do His work. That can not be said for those who followed.
And AGAIN you are casting doubt on the phrase,'Word of God'. You have given us YOUR definition and it is quite without merit or basis.
Your view of the word of God (the scriptures) is not in agreement with the scriptures themselves.
So perhaps it would clear things up a bit if you would tell us exactly what your view of the scriptures really is.
Do you believe that the bible IS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible CONTAINS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible is LITERALLY true?
"why do you ignore the fact that the first Christians did have something written down, it was called the OT"

Really? Which Books? Did they endorse 39, 46 or 5? Did the first Christians under the Apostles have Tobit, Kings or Maccabees?
I would like to know your opinion.

Yes i believe the Bible (all 73 Books) are the word of God. I also believe that title 'word of God' has been taken unto a level that was unimaginable to the authors. You people ran off in a rabid frenzy causing terrible ignorance to your brain. You used this title 'word of God' to undo what the Apostles taught about the bread and wine. And you feel justified because - after all - you were able to form your opinion based on.... the word of God.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
100-147. JUSTIN MARTYR, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them. In Justin's works, distinct references are found to Romans, 1 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, and 2 Thessalonians, and possible ones to Philippians, Titus, and 1 Timothy.
IRENAEUS c. 160
A four gospel canon (the Tetramorph) was asserted by Irenaeus, c. 160, who referred to it directly
160-240. Tertullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2 Peter, James and 2 John.
165-220. Clement, of Alexandria, names all the books of the New Testament except Philemon, James, 2 Peter and 3 John.
185-254. Origen, born at Alexandria, names all the books of both the Old and New Testaments.
270. Eusebius, bishop at Caesarea lists all the books of the New Testament. He was commissioned by Constantine to have transcribed fifty copies of the Bible for use of the churches of Constantinople.
315-386. CYRIL, BISHOP AT JERUSALEM, GIVES A LIST OF ALL NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS EXCEPT REVELATION.
326. ATHANASIUS, BISHOP AT ALEXANDRIA, MENTIONS ALL OF THE NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS.The books that comprise the New Testament that all Christians have acknowledged since the fourth century may have been first given BY ATHANASIUS, BISHOP OF ALEXANDRIA, IN A LETTER OF 367.
--- Hermy; the four Gospels is really " MATT; MARK; LUKE AND JOHN "... AS PER THE HOLY SCRIPTURES; ALSO AS PER JESUS CHRIST...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Hermy; the four Gospels is really " MATT; MARK; LUKE AND JOHN "... AS PER THE HOLY SCRIPTURES; ALSO AS PER JESUS CHRIST...
Where does Jesus Christ name the four Gospels?
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus Christ name the four Gospels?
--->>>JESUS CHRIST IS THE FOUR GOSPELS<<<... Clay; the real Gospels are MATT; MARK; LUKE; AND JOHN; They are the most important Writings OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES--- even young children know that... Clay, you need to wake up, because JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOON...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--->>>JESUS CHRIST IS THE FOUR GOSPELS<<<... Clay; the real Gospels are MATT; MARK; LUKE; AND JOHN; They are the most important Writings OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES--- even young children know that... Clay, you need to wake up, because JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOON...
I'm not disagreeing on the 4 Gospels. But you said 'per Jesus Christ' the 4 Gospels are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I don't think Christ named the Gospels (nor any Book in the NT)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT (BULLET)
So you refuse the (SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED)words of Jesus as any confirmed "bible only hypocrite would.......... in
Matthew 16:13-21 When Jesus establishes, confirms and initiates HIS ONE TRUE (Universal)(Catholic Church which has been "proven, substantiated and verified" for over 2000 years
(FURTHERMORE--you refuse the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus (again) in John 6:47-59 when Our Lords says "for unless you eat my Body, which is (real food) and drink my blood which is (real drink)--YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!
As a "confirmed bible only infidel, Confrinting, you "do not speak for God" and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and "turn away from the sin" of condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially CAtholics, and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ _HIMSELF!!
~~~

You are not being truthful

....I know you cant it is impossible....

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T VERIFIED WHAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS TEACH FROM THE BIBLE

BECAUSE

WHAT YOU TEACH

AINT IN THERE.

SO YOU COULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ANY REFERENCES...FROM THE BIBLE

QUESTION..

WHY DO YOU LIE ON GOD?

All liars will have their part in the lake of fire.

____

ALL YOU CAN POST ABOUT IS THE COMMUNION OF SAINTS..".YOUR EUCHARIST "

THERE ARE 27 BOOKS OF TEACHINGS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT..

WHILE COMMUNION IS IMPORTANT...IT IS NOT THE ONLY SUBJECT THERE.

And

Since you Roman Catholics receive Communion to keep yourselves saved,

not discerning the Body of Christ..(if you are a willful sinner

You drink the cup of the Lord, unworthily.)

in your ignorance...you become ... guilty...of the body and blood

of the Lord,

You drink damnation to your selves.

~~~

The Bible says...(King James Translation) reads

Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

The Geneva Bible 1599 reads..

1Co 11:27 Wherefore, whosoeuer shall eate this bread, and drinke the cup of the Lord vnworthily, shall be guiltie of the body and blood of the Lord.

1Co 11:28 Let euery man therefore examine himselfe, and so let him eate of this bread, and drinke of this cup.

1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh vnworthily, eateth and drinketh his owne damnation, because he discerneth not the Lords body.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weake, & sicke among you, and many sleepe.

1Co 11:31 For if we would iudge our selues, we should not be iudged.

The (Douay translation ) reads

Co 11:27 Therefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.

1Co 11:28 But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread and drink of the chalice.

1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord.

1Co 11:30 Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you: and many sleep.

1Co 11:31 But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

BEST WAKE UP......AND ABIDE BY GOD'S WORD...BEFORE IT IS TO LATE..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--->>>JESUS CHRIST IS THE FOUR GOSPELS<<<... Clay; the real Gospels are MATT; MARK; LUKE; AND JOHN; They are the most important Writings OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES--- even young children know that... Clay, you need to wake up, because JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOON...
~~~

The two most reliable books OF the four Gospels are

MATTHEW AND JOHN..

THEY WERE EYE WITNESSES...THERE WERE THERE WITH JESUS.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just vexing assertions and not of any particular value.
Jesus has no particular value?

Hmmmm....
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID study for months about the denomination I was to join.
Not enough as it appears.

Walking into the church, sitting down, and attending the service is not "studying". Getting up afterwards, going to the local public library and then look up that which was discuss for veracity, is studying.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a church-person since I was a baby in Sunday School so at 68 years old am no dummy.
I didn't call you "dumb" - just uninformed. 68 yrs?....and you still don't believe all of what Jesus taught? Why not? I'd figured it is plenty of time for one to learn:
- who Jesus was
- what he taught
- where are his teachings
- why he taught what he did

...and yet you don't accept these teachings:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why not? Don't you believe Jesus?
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of doubts about what the Bible teaches so we can have no common ground at all. WEIRD.
I have no doubts at all, why do you think you can speak for me, or place words in my mouth?

Your arrogance is starting to show.

BTW - not wierd. Unless you call other followers of Jesus' teachings this. Do you? That is wierd.

How honest are you?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Another weirdo on this forum.
Another one who takes it upon themselves to judge others.
The hypocrisy of so-called "Christians".

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless....and uninformed.
"The series originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus
- Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
We are seeing Bible Prophecy being fulfilled, and this is one verse that is majorly being fulfilled.
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book,[even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
"many shall run to and fro" describes these times!
Some of the scoffers [2 Peter 3:3]say well times have always been like this. Yes there always has been tribulation in this world, but to ignore even the increased incredible changes and expanse in knowledge is to ignore what the Bible tells us.
To make sense of everything and to avoid drowning in information, today it is imperative to listen to God and His Word. The knowledge we seek must be God's
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Your post has nothing to do with mine, nor the forum's topic.

What is your point?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 15:40-44
King James Version (KJV)
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
Again...what is your point?

Anyone can cut and paste verses from the Bible. very few understand what they post.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like some new "gig, idea or editorialized opinion" that "springs up, surfaces, and changes every (single day), depending on which way the (ever changing) "fundie" biblical or historical (relative truth) "wind happens to blow"!! You bible only believers have been doing this (inventing, making up and rewriting of Church History) since Martin Luther came on the scene over 450 years ago. Want proof!!! Just look at ALL of new bible only denominations that have and are "still" being concocted each and every day (42,000 contradicting hodge-podge Protestant "man-made" (cults) in which ALL claim to have the truth!!------YES--(as you say) "something interesting, something new" -----so that you can continue to be religiously and spiritually ENTERTAINED. The fact is that the Historical and Biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ message of faith, salvation and hope, which has, is and will CONTINUE to be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, was initiated over 2000 years NOT to "entertain you", but to lead you to the TRUTH, which you continue to "reject"!!
This delusional one claims to have the keys to Heaven - as long as he eats the magic wafer every Sunday.

He is superior because his wafer really turns into flesh - but nobody can see it -- as opposed to a wafer that doesn't really turn into flesh.

Why not reproduce such magic tricks for the world to actually witness?

Because delusions cannot be witnessed by others.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE NEW AGE PERSON HERE ON THIS FORM DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN, AND OBVIOUSLY... HE..SHE..OR...IT..WHATEVER THE GENDER..IS NOT.
Not a "Christian" - correct.

He, GiF - this has been stated numerous times.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
No "Paul" says.

Here's what Jesus says in retort:
(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Jesus trumps "Paul".
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

A normal human being might question faith any god that supposedly set-up such an institution.

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/GB/2013040...

Did god really say that the children had to come through this to be fully saved?

Of course not. It's delusional and beyond common human decency.

"Come to me children." Over 5000 to testify.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disagreeing on the 4 Gospels. But you said 'per Jesus Christ' the 4 Gospels are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I don't think Christ named the Gospels (nor any Book in the NT)
--- Clay; as if JESUS CHRIST did not name the 4 Gospels with the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD... The True NEW TESTAMENT OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started with JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and the four Gospels of MATT; MARK; LUKE; AND JOHN...------- MATT; MARK; LUKE; AND JOHN are the Most Important Books of the TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST ; because it is all about JESUS CHRIST and what JESUS CHRIST did on the Cross to save us and redeem us... Hope to meet you in Heaven with all the SAINTS...Thankyou...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.
Correct, little faith in man-made writings. I prefer to believe in a "Supreme Being", without others having to tell me HOW to believe.

"Shame?"
- Why? Doyou know something I don't about life after death?
- Have you experienced life after death?
- Why do you believe men?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,202
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... Thu Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) Thu Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Jul 30 psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Jul 29 ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••