Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
415,521 - 415,540 of 532,530 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was seen by a crowd ascending into Heaven (going upward through the clouds) 40 days after he was crucified.
He was not in Heaven / Paradise on the day he was on the cross.
This proves Jesus said that day, You will be with me in Paradise.
NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.
I agree with all the above.
"NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.

I agree with all the above."

Am not surprised....that explains why you see the Sacred Infallible Holy Word of God as being in error...as infallible..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't punctuate the Bible.
I didn't put the comma in the wrong place.
It is ridiculous to think Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday when we are told He was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.
Anyway, have it whatever way you want it but it is inconsistent with truth and common logic.
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..

When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..
When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
The original scripture had no comma. It was added when they translated it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>{The Bible doesn't say that Jesus died on a Friday.}sorry, but the Bible makes it very clear that He did die on the day or hours before the Shabat started, since he did not have his legs broken as the other two had theirs broken, which caused them to drown more quickly, as they then were not able to lift them selves up to enable them to breathe easier(but I think that you already knew that)
Christ died about mid-afternoon on a Friday...by the dawn of the following Sunday He had risen...this is per Scripture...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT...
So you refuse the words of Jesus as any confirmed infidel would...
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT (BULLET)
So you refuse the (SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED)words of Jesus as any confirmed "bible only hypocrite would.......... in
Matthew 16:13-21 When Jesus establishes, confirms and initiates HIS ONE TRUE (Universal)(Catholic Church which has been "proven, substantiated and verified" for over 2000 years
(FURTHERMORE--you refuse the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus (again) in John 6:47-59 when Our Lords says "for unless you eat my Body, which is (real food) and drink my blood which is (real drink)--YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!
As a "confirmed bible only infidel, Confrinting, you "do not speak for God" and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and "turn away from the sin" of condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially CAtholics, and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ _HIMSELF!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

096 073
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The original scripture had no comma. It was added when they translated it.
Absolutely correct...but and however, you failed to mention that this was done according to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

So...for anyone to say that the comma is in the wrong place, is accusing the Holy Spirit of God of a gross error.....

I have gone on record as saying, and I repeat my words...the comma is in the correct place....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So you give your ditto copy ..
Is it not insanity to do/say the same thing repetitively and expect a different result/answer...
Especially when you are defending a false religious organization...
For some "fundies" the TRUTH needs to be repeated over and over and over again, in order that it (might) "just possibly" sink in to that "anti-catholic heart, mind and soul", that is "shackled" in the bondage of bible only heresy, deceit and lies, that has "corrupted" your "so-called" Christian ministry!! You, Confrinting, continue to deceive (no one) but yourself!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
Why do you "personally editorialize" and "opinionize" the words of Jesus!!
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ died about mid-afternoon on a Friday...by the dawn of the following Sunday He had risen...this is per Scripture...
certainly before dark which would have been the start of Shabat
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT (BULLET)
So you refuse the (SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED)words of Jesus as any confirmed "bible only hypocrite would.......... in
Matthew 16:13-21 When Jesus establishes, confirms and initiates HIS ONE TRUE (Universal)(Catholic Church which has been "proven, substantiated and verified" for over 2000 years
(FURTHERMORE--you refuse the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus (again) in John 6:47-59 when Our Lords says "for unless you eat my Body, which is (real food) and drink my blood which is (real drink)--YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!
As a "confirmed bible only infidel, Confrinting, you "do not speak for God" and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and "turn away from the sin" of condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially CAtholics, and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ _HIMSELF!!
Yes Hojo we reject the catholic church under rome(give me a break) as a Christian church, that is what we've been saying since one. You though we love.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Rwanda genocide survivor tells of the Catholic Church's role in instigating the religious massacre.

Andrew was just six years old when the Rwanda Genocide took place in 1994 and now shares insights into the politics and theology that drove this terrible tragedy. What was the role of the Roman Catholic Church? Did Catholic missionaries sow seeds of hatred among the people, and compel some of them to commit mass murder?
www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio...
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Rwanda priest convicted of genocide, rape
afrol News / IRIN, 17 November - A military tribunal in Rwanda has found a Catholic priest, resident in France, guilty of rape and involvement in the 1994 genocide and sentenced him in absentia to life in prison. He was found to have delivered hundreds of adults and children to the genocidal militias, which brutally slaughtered them.
www.afrol.com/articles/22757
www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

102 092
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>certainly before dark which would have been the start of Shabat
I do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible.....what am I doing wrong??
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Judged:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying nothing of the sort.
All I'm saying is Christians had nothing written down for the first thirty yrs of the faith.
RESPONSE:
Why do you ignor the fact that the first christians DID have something written down. It was called the old testament. And had Jesus Himself gone against the teachings of the scriptures His followers would have rejected His message and His claims. The scriptures were and are GOD'S WORD, and God has the final authority and say on all matters of faith.
Perhaps you have heard this before Clay......"Jesus loves me, this I know....For the BIBLE tells me so."
I would also disagree with your belief that everyone looked to Clement and Ignatious as haveing the SAME credibility as the Apostles. The Apostles were given sign gifts to PROVE that they were empowered by God to do His work. That can not be said for those who followed.
And AGAIN you are casting doubt on the phrase,'Word of God'. You have given us YOUR definition and it is quite without merit or basis.
Your view of the word of God (the scriptures) is not in agreement with the scriptures themselves.
So perhaps it would clear things up a bit if you would tell us exactly what your view of the scriptures really is.
Do you believe that the bible IS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible CONTAINS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible is LITERALLY true?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Was the pope chosen by man or by God? Is it a bloodline that must be followed just as it is for one to become President? Are saints chosen by man and then acknowledged and accepted by God to become like God? Will your sins be forgiven if U confess them to another man? Is to eat the body of Christ and to drink his blood symbolic of cannabalism? Does praying to Mary, Mother of God, grant mercy when it comes to sin? Is Jesus really God? Jesus said the Almighty Father that dwells in Heaven was God and that His will shall be done. Why do Catholics call Mary "God's mom" if she was just the human vessel that ushered in Christ into the world who clearly stated throughtout his ministry that God was his father and not himself? I have plenty of questions for Catholics because the confusion and obvious contradictions of Catholicism are misleading and can set in motion an entire movement of rebels once it is found out that the Church was just using their ignorance of TRUE knowledge about who God is to keep them all under hypnosis in order to maintain their status over the masses and keep the Holy Roman Empire alive and well.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

100-147. JUSTIN MARTYR, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them. In Justin's works, distinct references are found to Romans, 1 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, and 2 Thessalonians, and possible ones to Philippians, Titus, and 1 Timothy.

IRENAEUS c. 160
A four gospel canon (the Tetramorph) was asserted by Irenaeus, c. 160, who referred to it directly

160-240. Tertullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2 Peter, James and 2 John.

165-220. Clement, of Alexandria, names all the books of the New Testament except Philemon, James, 2 Peter and 3 John.

185-254. Origen, born at Alexandria, names all the books of both the Old and New Testaments.

270. Eusebius, bishop at Caesarea lists all the books of the New Testament. He was commissioned by Constantine to have transcribed fifty copies of the Bible for use of the churches of Constantinople.

315-386. CYRIL, BISHOP AT JERUSALEM, GIVES A LIST OF ALL NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS EXCEPT REVELATION.

326. ATHANASIUS, BISHOP AT ALEXANDRIA, MENTIONS ALL OF THE NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS.The books that comprise the New Testament that all Christians have acknowledged since the fourth century may have been first given BY ATHANASIUS, BISHOP OF ALEXANDRIA, IN A LETTER OF 367.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
102 092
<quoted text>
I do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible.....what am I doing wrong??
perhaps you then arent as smart as you think that you are?
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Shabbat (Hebrew: &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1489;&#1464;& #1468;&#1514;&#8206;, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: &#1513;&#1488;&#14 89;&#1468;&#1506;& #1505;) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which they remember the traditional creation of the heavens and the earth in six days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of TRUTH AUTHENTICATED PROVEN Church History, disputes EVERYTHING you have posted. Go read the Catholic Catechism, the Encyclicals and the Apologists Historian authors and writers, who know 50 times more than you will EVER KNOW about the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History. It is a "waste of time" discussing and debating this subject with bible only "buffoons" like yourself who have a pre-determined anti-catholic "editorial" agenda. You people just "throw ANYTHING out on this forum" hoping that (something)----(ANYTHING) might stick!!! Go argue with your other 42,000+ contradicting/inconsistent Sola Scriptura "desperatos" who "have never" nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING except attacking our Catholic Faith (grounded in Jesus Christ) and attacking the TRUTH of TRUE Biblical Interpretation and TRUE Church History that has existed for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to remain the ONLY TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and passed on to His Apostles in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!
another parrot post,try something interesting inreading will you?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals if you want to know the answer!---- Then you will be forced to argue with "DOCUMENTED AUTHORITATIVE WRITTEN TRUTH"!--Good luck!!!
the bible has authority over your man made written Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals,show me something outside of catholic web sites that support the Catholic Catechism and the Encyclicals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 8,121
More 9 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 10 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 10 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••