Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599565 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431089 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="7th Day Catholics Rock"
but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
It is simply saying by the same spirit he was ressurected by is the same spirit in which in the days of Noah He/Christ also preached to those in bondage/prison and was lost.
Eph 4:9 Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Plainly Peter was right when he said that Jesus DESCENDED INTO THE LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH. NOAH preached to the men of his day; JESUS preached to their spirits in the 'lower parts of the earth'.
Of course he descended into the lower parts of the earht he was in the grave for three days the sleep of death. He then ascended to heaven 40 days later.

yes by that same spirit he preached through Noah he was not in peaching to anyone during those three days period.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431090 Apr 3, 2013
who="Tiger Lily"
You sure like to make a lot of claims. But can you support them? Let's see what claims you think are accurate. Please provide links and evidence that what you say is correct and truthful:
a. He proved to Thomas that He was not.
b. by rising from the ground to ascend to Heaven just as the resurrected believers will be.
c. God alone is immortal.
d. Jesus was not or He could not have died on the cross. He is NOW immortal just as we will be when we put on immortality at the Second Coming.
Answers...
a. John 20:27 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself!(Jesus) Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
b. The Ascension of Jesus is professed in the Nicene Creed and in the Apostles' Creed. The Ascension implies Jesus' humanity being taken into Heaven. The Feast of the Ascension, celebrated on the 40th day of Easter (always a Thursday), is one of the chief feasts of the Christian year. The feast dates back at least to the later 4th century, as is widely attested. The Ascension is one of the five major milestones in the gospel narrative of the life of Jesus, the others being Baptism, Transfiguration, Crucifixion, and Resurrection
c. Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
d. Self evident. Jesus DIED on the cross. If He was immortal, He could not have died. If Christ ad not died for us you are still in your sins. His sacrifice would have meant nothing.
Jesus was GOD IN THE FLESH. Jesus/God is immortal. Jesus' body was human/mortal, as ours is. It could die, just as ours can. God breathed into Adam, and he became a LIVING soul. Our spirit is immortal. God's plan for us is immortality. Jesus came as a man to show us that God CAN/WILL raise us up to eternal life...if we will allow Him to live in us.
Mortal corruptable man is just that until we put on incorruption at the resurrection and not until then.

Only God is immortal and it is by him only that we substain life.

In fact I think somewhere in scripture we will be heating 12 diffrent kinds of fruit yearly in connection with the subject being discussed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#431091 Apr 3, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion" We all agree -- everyone else's delusion is wrong.
This board is perfect witness.
There can be no agreement on a mental delusion.
That's the purpose of denominations - institutions to give credence to the delusion. Sooner or later, denominations split, often in a messy way. The Catholic Schisms for example.
The Bible is loaded with nonsense, much of which most sane people ignore ... but that doesn't stop the delusion.

Florida...your delusion is the grandest of them all! Only a deluded one (or simply someone who has never read it) would say that the Bible is loaded with nonsense.

And SANE people ignore the Bible? LOL And YOU are sane???

We denominational folk may disagree on a few things, but at least we know the TRUTH/JESUS.

BTW, you could learn a LOT from the Bible.

KayMarie
Preston

Waverly, OH

#431092 Apr 3, 2013
who="Tiger Lily"
I didn't punctuate the Bible.
I didn't put the comma in the wrong place.
It is ridiculous to think Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday when we are told He was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.
Anyway, have it whatever way you want it but it is inconsistent with truth and common logic.
Tiger Lily wrote:
Oxbow, is there any record in scripture that Jesus went anywhere other than the locality of Jerusalem?
There may be but perhaps I have forgotten.
Why would that consign me to Hell?
NASL believes the Bible was altered to suit the beliefs of those who compiled it. How say you?
The Bible doesn't say that Jesus died on a Friday. It DOES say that He arose on the FIRST DAY (Sunday). Since HE said He would be in the grave three days and three nights, we can safely conclude that that was true.
Peter says:
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
While Jesus' body was in the grave He preached to the spirits in prison (paradise) who had been disobedient in Noah's time.(Today you will be with Me in paradise.) Jesus gives everyone opportunity to come to Him.
KM
{The Bible doesn't say that Jesus died on a Friday.}sorry, but the Bible makes it very clear that He did die on the day or hours before the Shabat started, since he did not have his legs broken as the other two had theirs broken, which caused them to drown more quickly, as they then were not able to lift them selves up to enable them to breathe easier(but I think that you already knew that)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431093 Apr 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Mortal corruptable man is just that until we put on incorruption at the resurrection and not until then.
Only God is immortal and it is by him only that we substain life.
In fact I think somewhere in scripture we will be heating 12 diffrent kinds of fruit yearly in connection with the subject being discussed.
Revelation 22:2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

Location hidden

#431094 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was seen by a crowd ascending into Heaven (going upward through the clouds) 40 days after he was crucified.
He was not in Heaven / Paradise on the day he was on the cross.
This proves Jesus said that day, You will be with me in Paradise.
NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.
I agree with all the above.
"NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.

I agree with all the above."

Am not surprised....that explains why you see the Sacred Infallible Holy Word of God as being in error...as infallible..

Location hidden

#431095 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't punctuate the Bible.
I didn't put the comma in the wrong place.
It is ridiculous to think Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday when we are told He was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.
Anyway, have it whatever way you want it but it is inconsistent with truth and common logic.
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..

When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431096 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..
When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
The original scripture had no comma. It was added when they translated it.

Location hidden

#431097 Apr 3, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>{The Bible doesn't say that Jesus died on a Friday.}sorry, but the Bible makes it very clear that He did die on the day or hours before the Shabat started, since he did not have his legs broken as the other two had theirs broken, which caused them to drown more quickly, as they then were not able to lift them selves up to enable them to breathe easier(but I think that you already knew that)
Christ died about mid-afternoon on a Friday...by the dawn of the following Sunday He had risen...this is per Scripture...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431098 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT...
So you refuse the words of Jesus as any confirmed infidel would...
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT (BULLET)
So you refuse the (SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED)words of Jesus as any confirmed "bible only hypocrite would.......... in
Matthew 16:13-21 When Jesus establishes, confirms and initiates HIS ONE TRUE (Universal)(Catholic Church which has been "proven, substantiated and verified" for over 2000 years
(FURTHERMORE--you refuse the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus (again) in John 6:47-59 when Our Lords says "for unless you eat my Body, which is (real food) and drink my blood which is (real drink)--YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!
As a "confirmed bible only infidel, Confrinting, you "do not speak for God" and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and "turn away from the sin" of condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially CAtholics, and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ _HIMSELF!!

Location hidden

#431099 Apr 3, 2013
096 073
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The original scripture had no comma. It was added when they translated it.
Absolutely correct...but and however, you failed to mention that this was done according to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

So...for anyone to say that the comma is in the wrong place, is accusing the Holy Spirit of God of a gross error.....

I have gone on record as saying, and I repeat my words...the comma is in the correct place....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431100 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
So you give your ditto copy ..
Is it not insanity to do/say the same thing repetitively and expect a different result/answer...
Especially when you are defending a false religious organization...
For some "fundies" the TRUTH needs to be repeated over and over and over again, in order that it (might) "just possibly" sink in to that "anti-catholic heart, mind and soul", that is "shackled" in the bondage of bible only heresy, deceit and lies, that has "corrupted" your "so-called" Christian ministry!! You, Confrinting, continue to deceive (no one) but yourself!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431101 Apr 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
Why do you "personally editorialize" and "opinionize" the words of Jesus!!
Preston

Waverly, OH

#431102 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ died about mid-afternoon on a Friday...by the dawn of the following Sunday He had risen...this is per Scripture...
certainly before dark which would have been the start of Shabat
marge

Ames, IA

#431103 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT (BULLET)
So you refuse the (SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED)words of Jesus as any confirmed "bible only hypocrite would.......... in
Matthew 16:13-21 When Jesus establishes, confirms and initiates HIS ONE TRUE (Universal)(Catholic Church which has been "proven, substantiated and verified" for over 2000 years
(FURTHERMORE--you refuse the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus (again) in John 6:47-59 when Our Lords says "for unless you eat my Body, which is (real food) and drink my blood which is (real drink)--YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!
As a "confirmed bible only infidel, Confrinting, you "do not speak for God" and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and "turn away from the sin" of condemnation and judgement of other Christians (especially CAtholics, and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church formed by Jesus Christ _HIMSELF!!
Yes Hojo we reject the catholic church under rome(give me a break) as a Christian church, that is what we've been saying since one. You though we love.
socci

Cameron, MO

#431104 Apr 3, 2013
Rwanda genocide survivor tells of the Catholic Church's role in instigating the religious massacre.

Andrew was just six years old when the Rwanda Genocide took place in 1994 and now shares insights into the politics and theology that drove this terrible tragedy. What was the role of the Roman Catholic Church? Did Catholic missionaries sow seeds of hatred among the people, and compel some of them to commit mass murder?
www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio...
socci

Cameron, MO

#431105 Apr 3, 2013

Rwanda priest convicted of genocide, rape
afrol News / IRIN, 17 November - A military tribunal in Rwanda has found a Catholic priest, resident in France, guilty of rape and involvement in the 1994 genocide and sentenced him in absentia to life in prison. He was found to have delivered hundreds of adults and children to the genocidal militias, which brutally slaughtered them.
www.afrol.com/articles/22757
www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp...

Location hidden

#431106 Apr 3, 2013
102 092
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>certainly before dark which would have been the start of Shabat
I do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible.....what am I doing wrong??
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#431107 Apr 3, 2013
Judged:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying nothing of the sort.
All I'm saying is Christians had nothing written down for the first thirty yrs of the faith.
RESPONSE:
Why do you ignor the fact that the first christians DID have something written down. It was called the old testament. And had Jesus Himself gone against the teachings of the scriptures His followers would have rejected His message and His claims. The scriptures were and are GOD'S WORD, and God has the final authority and say on all matters of faith.
Perhaps you have heard this before Clay......"Jesus loves me, this I know....For the BIBLE tells me so."
I would also disagree with your belief that everyone looked to Clement and Ignatious as haveing the SAME credibility as the Apostles. The Apostles were given sign gifts to PROVE that they were empowered by God to do His work. That can not be said for those who followed.
And AGAIN you are casting doubt on the phrase,'Word of God'. You have given us YOUR definition and it is quite without merit or basis.
Your view of the word of God (the scriptures) is not in agreement with the scriptures themselves.
So perhaps it would clear things up a bit if you would tell us exactly what your view of the scriptures really is.
Do you believe that the bible IS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible CONTAINS the word of God?
Do you believe the bible is LITERALLY true?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#431108 Apr 4, 2013
Was the pope chosen by man or by God? Is it a bloodline that must be followed just as it is for one to become President? Are saints chosen by man and then acknowledged and accepted by God to become like God? Will your sins be forgiven if U confess them to another man? Is to eat the body of Christ and to drink his blood symbolic of cannabalism? Does praying to Mary, Mother of God, grant mercy when it comes to sin? Is Jesus really God? Jesus said the Almighty Father that dwells in Heaven was God and that His will shall be done. Why do Catholics call Mary "God's mom" if she was just the human vessel that ushered in Christ into the world who clearly stated throughtout his ministry that God was his father and not himself? I have plenty of questions for Catholics because the confusion and obvious contradictions of Catholicism are misleading and can set in motion an entire movement of rebels once it is found out that the Church was just using their ignorance of TRUE knowledge about who God is to keep them all under hypnosis in order to maintain their status over the masses and keep the Holy Roman Empire alive and well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 18 min Paul Porter1 258
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Tricky little mon... 84,300
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web