Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431057 Apr 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
One person writing decades after any occurrence would alert anyone with...."Hmmm, I wonder what has changed in those 50-100 years"
Do you have any contemporary sources that validates this?
Why do you believe Thomas in this passage, but reject his gospel of nothing but sayings and teachings by Jesus?
You are now starting to sound confused in your belief.....makes one say..."Hmmmmm"....
<quoted text>
Nicene Creed - written by men.
- Edgar Cayce prophecised that Atlantis would be found in 1969 and the Bimini Road was discovered that same year. One, if using your logic, would indicate that Atlantis is also on the verge of being discovered, yet you won't believe this. Hmmmmm
Men wrote about this "spiritual awakening" and somehow decided to make it a solitary experience that no one can attain. Sounds selfish? Because it is. I causes a false belief in the transition of our Spirit to the afterlife - "God's realm". But hey, you think you can't attain this status, not a problem. I completely understand. You don't want to, and you have that right. That would also be free will making that choice - and I call it Self [which is also Spirit].
I get to believe what I want and succeed in "God's kingdom", and you get no say in it. Bummer, huh?
*whispers* Self again.
<quoted text>
Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
<quoted text>
His Spirit is "immortal" - I guess in your use of the word. We all will become this "immortal" being. But you refuse to, right? You shake at the notion of the possibility. This is why you are a "Christian" - they put you in fear of a loving god.
Bummer for you.
BTW - if you noticed - I answered all of those same claims that you made. You see, I'm honest enough to know that those claims are of men. If you think otherwise, then you limit your "God".
My Father is unlimited in his inspiration.
That is the difference between you and I.
Self.
Learn it, love it, live it.
You make so many nonsensical statements so I am not bothering with you anymore. How can you make sense in what you believe if it is obviously without faith in the Gospels.
You lack reality when it comes to things like immortality.
Mostly you speak nonsense and I am finished with it.

A man convinced against his will
is of the same opinion still.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431058 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of TRUTH AUTHENTICATED PROVEN Church History, disputes EVERYTHING you have posted. Go read the Catholic Catechism, the Encyclicals and the Apologists Historian authors and writers, who know 50 times more than you will EVER KNOW about the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History. It is a "waste of time" discussing and debating this subject with bible only "buffoons" like yourself who have a pre-determined anti-catholic "editorial" agenda. You people just "throw ANYTHING out on this forum" hoping that (something)----(ANYTHING) might stick!!! Go argue with your other 42,000+ contradicting/inconsistent Sola Scriptura "desperatos" who "have never" nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING except attacking our Catholic Faith (grounded in Jesus Christ) and attacking the TRUTH of TRUE Biblical Interpretation and TRUE Church History that has existed for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to remain the ONLY TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and passed on to His Apostles in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!
Clearly delusional.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431059 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I detect a degree of narcissism here NASL.
Your perception deceives you. I was being direct and too the point about Self - including your "Self" - which has nothing to do with me.

Maybe you just chose the wrong word?? When one is awakened in this world through spirituality, "self-love" is non-existent, although one must ensure their Self is expressing love, outwardly. SO in a sense, that could be considered "self-love". I wouldn't use that phrase anyhow - I prefer to do things for others, than for myself, yet I do enjoy playing live and unreleased Led Zeppelin music. Oh well, huh?
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I backed up (as you asked me to) all I posted with scripture or common sense.
You didn't back up shite. You posted John, "Paul" and some other non-answer.

You didn't research your religion before you joined it, huh?

I can tell.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I never passed any buck.
Yeah you did....you wanted me to answer the claims you made - that is passing the buck - BACK TO ME!

Why are you trying to mislead others with lying?
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly, I gave you scripture which you can easily test yourself.
I didn't ask for "scripture" I asked for support from another source to validate what you say is written "infallibly". I say it isn't. With you posting from that fallible work, only shows me that you don't know what I asked, and that you think this forum is about me.

You do realize the "scripture" you provided was first approved by men, right? Thus, making you a believer of men. You do understand this, right?

Whatcha got that shows that "Paul" letter to Timothy isn't a forgery? "Paul" admits that there were forgeries of "his letters" existing and circulating. But you didn't take this into account, huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_th...
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>What unfounded claims have I made?
Everything you post. There that should include the claims I am referring to.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I will answer them again if you wish me to.
No need, because you don't understand what you read. Take my suggestion and start here:

"Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrman
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...

"Jesus Wars: How Four Patriarchs, Three Queens, and Two Emperors Decided What Christians Would Believe for the Next 1,500 years" by John Philip Jenkins
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...

"The Jesus Dynasty" by James Tabor
http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Dynasty-Histo...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431060 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You make so many nonsensical statements so I am not bothering with you anymore.
No I don't. If you don't understand, just say it. Maybe you should ask for clarification, or is that too out of your realm of reach? I know you don't reach outside the comfort of Christianity, so maybe that is why you run away when you can't answer.

Again, it sounds like you haven't researched your religion at all, because these statements I make, are very clear in their meaning.

Maybe you just aren't focused?

*shrugs*

Do what you must - as it is YOUR CHOICE.

Self.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>How can you make sense in what you believe if it is obviously without faith in the Gospels.
Maybe because I have more faith in Jesus than one 3rd generation disciple or one gospel plagiarized from Mark.

Why do you find those gospels more valid than GoThomas - a first gen Apostle, a gospel of only teachings by Jesus, and a gospel that is dated earlier than the other gospels?
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>You lack reality when it comes to things like immortality.
Not really. I'm realistic, through honesty, that immortality can only occur at the moment it does. Whether or not this occurs is still a moment I have not experienced, nor any living person has.

But like you, its fun to speculate what is going to be and what isn't.

Self.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly you speak nonsense and I am finished with it.
Whaaaaa!! Run-away!! Run-away!!

Really? Are you going to throw a tantrum next?

Live with it, because I'm not leaving anytime soon.

OR

Learn from it, because I'm not leaving anytime soon.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>A man convinced against his will
is of the same opinion still.
OOOOH....I like this game of proverbial wisdoms. My turn.

A person who claims to believe in all of Jesus, is all but only a "half-Christian", unless they do.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431061 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Your perception deceives you. I was being direct and too the point about Self - including your "Self" - which has nothing to do with me.
Maybe you just chose the wrong word?? When one is awakened in this world through spirituality, "self-love" is non-existent, although one must ensure their Self is expressing love, outwardly. SO in a sense, that could be considered "self-love". I wouldn't use that phrase anyhow - I prefer to do things for others, than for myself, yet I do enjoy playing live and unreleased Led Zeppelin music. Oh well, huh?
<quoted text>
You didn't back up shite. You posted John, "Paul" and some other non-answer.
You didn't research your religion before you joined it, huh?
I can tell.
<quoted text>
Yeah you did....you wanted me to answer the claims you made - that is passing the buck - BACK TO ME!
Why are you trying to mislead others with lying?
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for "scripture" I asked for support from another source to validate what you say is written "infallibly". I say it isn't. With you posting from that fallible work, only shows me that you don't know what I asked, and that you think this forum is about me.
You do realize the "scripture" you provided was first approved by men, right? Thus, making you a believer of men. You do understand this, right?
Whatcha got that shows that "Paul" letter to Timothy isn't a forgery? "Paul" admits that there were forgeries of "his letters" existing and circulating. But you didn't take this into account, huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_th...
<quoted text>
Everything you post. There that should include the claims I am referring to.
<quoted text>
No need, because you don't understand what you read. Take my suggestion and start here:
"Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrman
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...
"Jesus Wars: How Four Patriarchs, Three Queens, and Two Emperors Decided What Christians Would Believe for the Next 1,500 years" by John Philip Jenkins
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...
"The Jesus Dynasty" by James Tabor
http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Dynasty-Histo...
Just vexing assertions and not of any particular value.

I DID study for months about the denomination I was to join. I have been a church-person since I was a baby in Sunday School so at 68 years old am no dummy.

You have a lot of doubts about what the Bible teaches so we can have no common ground at all. WEIRD.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431062 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of TRUTH AUTHENTICATED PROVEN Church History, disputes EVERYTHING you have posted. Go read the Catholic Catechism, the Encyclicals and the Apologists Historian authors and writers, who know 50 times more than you will EVER KNOW about the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History. It is a "waste of time" discussing and debating this subject with bible only "buffoons" like yourself who have a pre-determined anti-catholic "editorial" agenda. You people just "throw ANYTHING out on this forum" hoping that (something)----(ANYTHING) might stick!!! Go argue with your other 42,000+ contradicting/inconsistent Sola Scriptura "desperatos" who "have never" nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING except attacking our Catholic Faith (grounded in Jesus Christ) and attacking the TRUTH of TRUE Biblical Interpretation and TRUE Church History that has existed for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to remain the ONLY TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and passed on to His Apostles in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!
~~~
So you give your ditto copy ..

Is it not insanity to do/say the same thing repetitively and expect a different result/answer...

Especially when you are defending a false religious organization...

#431063 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just vexing assertions and not of any particular value.
I DID study for months about the denomination I was to join. I have been a church-person since I was a baby in Sunday School so at 68 years old am no dummy.
You have a lot of doubts about what the Bible teaches so we can have no common ground at all. WEIRD.
~~~

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT ..What do you mean by a "Church Person."?..

are you saying that you are a Christian...

Location hidden

#431064 Apr 3, 2013
037 012
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous, Oxbow.
Which version of God's word do you believe to be infallible?
We know throughout history passages have been added to and some were erased.
"I say unto you this day thou shalt be with me in paradise"
There. No commas.
Jesus told the thief He would be with him in Paradise. Can you not grasp that the thief would be with all the redeemed on Resurrection Day?
You obvious believe he is in Paradise right now.
This means he will be a major exception.
This makes nonsense of the resurrection.
It also abolishes Judgement Day.
You are changing Scripture to support your erroneous belief..

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

But....you probably erroneously believe that these verses are more errors in God's Sacred Infallible Bible...

Don't forget the ice!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431065 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT ..What do you mean by a "Church Person."?..
are you saying that you are a Christian...
It simply means I went regularly to a church and understood the teaching thereof. I changed denomination in 1972.

No doubt you have a peculiar definition of Christian so I won't indulge you.

I suppose you claim to be a "New Age" "Christian" with enlightenment far beyond the likes of me.
Simple Bible discussion would soon turn into a fiasco with your doubts. How thick is your Bible after you have torn out all the pages with forgeries or man written ideas?

Two pages?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431066 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
037 012
<quoted text>
You are changing Scripture to support your erroneous belief..
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
But....you probably erroneously believe that these verses are more errors in God's Sacred Infallible Bible...
Don't forget the ice!!!!
Another weirdo on this forum.
Another one who takes it upon themselves to judge others.

WHICH VERSION OF THE BIBLE IS INFALLIBLE???
You haven't answered that yet!

Oh, yes. It must be a popish bible like the Rhiems Douay.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431067 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Clueless....and uninformed.
"The series originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus
- Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?
We are seeing Bible Prophecy being fulfilled, and this is one verse that is majorly being fulfilled.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book,[even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

"many shall run to and fro" describes these times!

Some of the scoffers [2 Peter 3:3]say well times have always been like this. Yes there always has been tribulation in this world, but to ignore even the increased incredible changes and expanse in knowledge is to ignore what the Bible tells us.

To make sense of everything and to avoid drowning in information, today it is imperative to listen to God and His Word. The knowledge we seek must be God's

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431068 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Because it is allegoric. Symbolism of the Spirit rising. Nothing more, nothing less.
Man has changed it around to be "in bodily form" Mark sure never included it.
<quoted text>
Speculation that goes along with the addition verses in GoMark. This has never been proven.
Please remember - your belief in this is purely upon "Faith" - one of the primary aspects of Self [being/consiciusness/mind/Spir it]- due to other men telling you this occurred, even though they do not have exact information.
<quoted text>
That is because you believe men over Jesus.
<quoted text>
Oh - you don't have to expound upon your belief - I know all about it. And that is why I chose to help put people on the right path - one that utilizes all of what Jesus taught and not just teh pieces that men have presented.
"This is what the Bible plainly teaches. No bias put in by any man."
- oh there is biasness
- you just are so diluted in the wrong belief, you can't see it.
Why do you believe men?
1 Corinthians 15:40-44

King James Version (KJV)

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Location hidden

#431069 Apr 3, 2013
053 012
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, is there any record in scripture that Jesus went anywhere other than the locality of Jerusalem?
There may be but perhaps I have forgotten.
Why would that consign me to Hell?
NASL believes the Bible was altered to suit the beliefs of those who compiled it. How say you?
It teaches He went to paradise..that is not in the locality of Jerusalem. He went to Heaven...that is also not in the locality of Jerusalem.

Looking strictly at my above response...it has nothing to do with you consigned to hell.

Have no idea who NASL is..they, whoever they are, have a God given right to believe as they wish.

The Baptist Faith and Message

I. The Scriptures

The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is, and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.

Exodus 24:4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2; 17:19; Joshua 8:34; Psalms 19:7-10; 119:11,89,105,140; Isaiah 34:16; 40:8; Jeremiah 15:16; 36:1-32; Matthew 5:17-18; 22:29; Luke 21:33; 24:44-46; John 5:39; 16:13-15; 17:17; Acts 2:16ff.; 17:11; Romans 15:4; 16:25-26; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; 4:12; 1 Peter 1:25; 2 Peter 1:19-21.

#431070 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It simply means I went regularly to a church and understood the teaching thereof. I changed denomination in 1972.
No doubt you have a peculiar definition of Christian so I won't indulge you.
I suppose you claim to be a "New Age" "Christian" with enlightenment far beyond the likes of me.
Simple Bible discussion would soon turn into a fiasco with your doubts. How thick is your Bible after you have torn out all the pages with forgeries or man written ideas?
Two pages?
~~~

GOING INTO A CHURCH DOES NOT MAKE AN INDIVIDUAL A CHRISTIAN ANY MORE THAN GOING INTO A GARAGE MAKES THEM AN AUTOMOBILE..

I WILL REPHRASE MY QUESTION ...

DO YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST TO THE FULL PARDON OF YOU SINS?..

ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?...

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NEW AGE CONFUSION..OF FACE..

THE NEW AGE PERSON HERE ON THIS FORM DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN, AND OBVIOUSLY... HE..SHE..OR...IT..WHATEVER THE GENDER..IS NOT.

THE BIBLE SAYS

Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Location hidden

#431071 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Another weirdo on this forum.
Another one who takes it upon themselves to judge others.
WHICH VERSION OF THE BIBLE IS INFALLIBLE???
You haven't answered that yet!
Oh, yes. It must be a popish bible like the Rhiems Douay.
Am not judging you...am simply saying, and your words prove it, you are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....

And giving you sound advice.....nothing else...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431072 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
053 012

It teaches He went to paradise..that is not in the locality of Jerusalem. He went to Heaven...that is also not in the locality of Jerusalem.
Looking strictly at my above response...it has nothing to do with you consigned to hell.
Have no idea who NASL is..they, whoever they are, have a God given right to believe as they wish.
The Baptist Faith and Message
I. The Scriptures
The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is, and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.
Exodus 24:4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2; 17:19; Joshua 8:34; Psalms 19:7-10; 119:11,89,105,140; Isaiah 34:16; 40:8; Jeremiah 15:16; 36:1-32; Matthew 5:17-18; 22:29; Luke 21:33; 24:44-46; John 5:39; 16:13-15; 17:17; Acts 2:16ff.; 17:11; Romans 15:4; 16:25-26; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; 4:12; 1 Peter 1:25; 2 Peter 1:19-21.
Jesus was seen by a crowd ascending into Heaven (going upward through the clouds) 40 days after he was crucified.

He was not in Heaven / Paradise on the day he was on the cross.

This proves Jesus said that day, You will be with me in Paradise.

NASL is New Age Spiritual Leader. He/she has little faith in man made writings such as the gospels. Shame.

I agree with all the above.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431073 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Am not judging you...am simply saying, and your words prove it, you are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....
And giving you sound advice.....nothing else...
I didn't punctuate the Bible.
I didn't put the comma in the wrong place.

It is ridiculous to think Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday when we are told He was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.

Anyway, have it whatever way you want it but it is inconsistent with truth and common logic.

#431074 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO---But YOU DO!! In your bible only (bogus) interpretation, in which you are constantly "editorializing your anti-catholic personal opinion, which are just plain LIES!!
I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND YOU DODGE THE BUILT...

So you refuse the words of Jesus as any confirmed infidel would... Just as the devil has....

what did Jesus mean when he said IT IS WRITTEN... IT IS WRITTEN...IS REFEREED TO...

69 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE

69 verses found,
Matthew 9 verses found
Mark 7 verses found
Luke 8 verses found
John 5 verses found
Acts 5 verses found
Romans 16 verses found
1 Corinthians 9 verses
2 Corinthians 3 verses
Galatians 4 verses
Hebrews 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
1 John 1 verse found BOOKS ...

IS REFEREED TO... 37 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE 37 VERSES.FOUND

Matthew 1 verse found
Mark 1 verse found
Luke 4 verses found
John 1 verse found
Acts 2 verses found
Galatians 1 verse found
Philippians 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
Revelation 24 verses found

WHAT IS IT THAT A PERSON CAN STUDY IF HE ONLY HAS HEARSAY.

.and no book

2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

YOUR AVERSION TO THE BOOK (BIBLE) EVIDENTLY ACCOUNTS FOR YOUR profane and vain babbling: AND the INCREASED OF more ungodliness.

IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

~~~~
I ASSUME YOUR CATECHISM IS A BOOK...THAT IS WRITTEN...

DO YOU NOT CITE IT...

IS NOT (what you call) THE HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...WRITTEN DOWN..

YOUR ARGUMENT AGAINST THE BOOK...THE BIBLE any book....IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION..

I POSTED THE ABOVE (13 hrs ago )

EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE NO ANSWER

YOU HAVE JUST DANCED AROUND AS YOU USUALLY DO...AND EXPECTED ME TO FORGET THAT YOU HAVE NO SCRIPTURE IN ANY Bible TO SUBSTANTIATE YOUR FABLES/CONJECURE.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431075 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
GOING INTO A CHURCH DOES NOT MAKE AN INDIVIDUAL A CHRISTIAN ANY MORE THAN GOING INTO A GARAGE MAKES THEM AN AUTOMOBILE..
I WILL REPHRASE MY QUESTION ...
DO YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST TO THE FULL PARDON OF YOU SINS?..
ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?...
I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NEW AGE CONFUSION..OF FACE..
THE NEW AGE PERSON HERE ON THIS FORM DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN, AND OBVIOUSLY... HE..SHE..OR...IT..WHATEVER THE GENDER..IS NOT.
THE BIBLE SAYS
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
I am fully aware of what a Christian is or should be.
I do know my Saviour Jesus. I have nevertheless times when doubts arise when I read some of the responses here.
Am I supposed to have faith in the Bible?
I absolutely do. But some here cast aspersions on some of the texts in it saying I believe men and post websites which are written by authors with doubtful allegence to Christ.

#431076 Apr 3, 2013
who="Tiger Lily"
I didn't punctuate the Bible.
I didn't put the comma in the wrong place.
It is ridiculous to think Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday when we are told He was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.
Anyway, have it whatever way you want it but it is inconsistent with truth and common logic.

Tiger Lily wrote:

Oxbow, is there any record in scripture that Jesus went anywhere other than the locality of Jerusalem?
There may be but perhaps I have forgotten.
Why would that consign me to Hell?
NASL believes the Bible was altered to suit the beliefs of those who compiled it. How say you?

The Bible doesn't say that Jesus died on a Friday. It DOES say that He arose on the FIRST DAY (Sunday). Since HE said He would be in the grave three days and three nights, we can safely conclude that that was true.

Peter says:

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

While Jesus' body was in the grave He preached to the spirits in prison (paradise) who had been disobedient in Noah's time.(Today you will be with Me in paradise.) Jesus gives everyone opportunity to come to Him.
KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web