Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591230 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431025 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ didn't get it wrong: you did.
You hang your belief on this ONE sentence. I base mine and will continue to on MANY, MANY verses. Such as...
They praise not the Lord nor exercise mental powers.
Psa. 6:5 Psa. 115:17 Psa. 8:10-12
Eccl. 9:4-6 Psa. 146:4 Isa. 38:18,19
They do not live until the resurrection.
Rev 20:4-6 1 Cor. 15:12-21
WHAT COMFORTING ASSURANCE DOES GOD GIVE CONCERNING THE DEAD?
1. That they will all be resurrected. John 5:28-29 Rev. 20:11-15
2. That they will all ultimately receive fullness of life through the saving work of Jesus Christ.
1 Cor. 15:22-28 1 Tim. 2:3-6 Rom. 5:18,19 1 Tim. 4:9-11
Now you have to lie to support your erroneous belief. Quote: You hang your belief on this ONE sentence.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431026 Apr 3, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
" An empty thing, or phantom, is incapable of a figure. If, however,(as Marcion might say,) He pretended the bread was His body, because He lacked the truth of bodily substance,"
in other words...
Christ had a physical human body(And a Spiritual body) because the bread at the Last Supper became Christ's Body.
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/03124.htm
Questions?
http://www.catholic.com/radio/about
don't know much about this,Marcion stuff first time i'm hearing about it,will have to read about it.funny thing about religion everyone has an answer but no one knows the questions.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431027 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the Bible you dont even know Jesus. We know who he was through the written word.
only one set of written words,don't you find that odd?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431028 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have done is use a verse wrongly punctuated which is easy to understand if you know that Jesus did not go anywhere other than the tomb or the locality nearby for another 40 days.
You stubbornly cling to the idea that we do not sleep until the resurrection by quoting this one verse.
Yet I post many verses which prove we do sleep until reurrection day.
Here is some more...
John 3:13
New American Standard Bible
"No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.
King James Bible
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
American King James Version
And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
American Standard Version
And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, even the Son of man, who is in heaven.
And ...
Ecclesiastes 9:5. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun.
But if you wish to believe you are right, go ahead. I don't mind at all.
Since you are convinced that the Sacred Infallible Word of God is in error (All you have done is use a verse wrongly punctuated which is easy to understand if you know that Jesus did not go anywhere other than the tomb or the locality nearby for another 40 days) my advise to you is to bring with you lots of fans and cool-aid.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431029 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the Bible you dont even know Jesus. We know who he was through the written word.
Incorrect conclusion.

We know who Jesus was, through the writings of men - in and outside fo the Bible.

Only men have claimed that Jesus was a certain character, in which certain traits were given him, and others were not.

So, in essence, your theology and dogma is flawed to think only the Bible is where we have learned of Jesus.

In fact, the Bible, or in the least, its core book, devised and decided upon in 325 CE, goes to show you that there was about 300 years of people believing in Jesus. Which also shows you are incorrect in your belief.

I think you and Tiger Lily must've missed those days in Bible study or they didn't include these facts.

Albuquerque, NM

#431030 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a gomark?
The preserved Greek NT found with the Textus Receptus has just what is found translated to English KJV.
The Greek was preserved among the Greeks.
Next time you ask will be the same reply.
For someone who thinks they are Bible literate, you just failed.

GoMark = Gospel of Mark

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#431031 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a gomark?
The preserved Greek NT found with the Textus Receptus has just what is found translated to English KJV.
The Greek was preserved among the Greeks.
Next time you ask will be the same reply.
Clueless....and uninformed.

"The series originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus

- Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?

Albuquerque, NM

#431032 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
That made zero sense. Your word vs God's word:
Heavenly bodies as Jesus had after his resurrection, not some disembodied spirit or soul.
Luke 24:34-43 "Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."
Wrong again. These aren't my words, by Jesus'.

And they make perfect sense. This discussion seems to occur in the presence of the Apostles and Jesus. One of the Apostles ask "where are you from so we may seek it".

It is you who have failed to understand the statements made, and the response given to them by Jesus.

Don't you believe Jesus?

Is there something about what Jesus stated, that you don't like?

How 'bout you supply a citation from some scholarship that also supports the notion you have that "Jesus was on Earth eating" during those 40 days? Yes socci - something from a biblical scholar validating the "appearance" as in bodily form.

Albuquerque, NM

#431034 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
And why don't you believe Jesus rose from the dead BODILY?
Because it is allegoric. Symbolism of the Spirit rising. Nothing more, nothing less.

Man has changed it around to be "in bodily form" Mark sure never included it.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
His grave clothes were left folded in the tomb.
Speculation that goes along with the addition verses in GoMark. This has never been proven.

Please remember - your belief in this is purely upon "Faith" - one of the primary aspects of Self [being/consiciusness/mind/Spir it]- due to other men telling you this occurred, even though they do not have exact information.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the very textx I have posted. They stand for themselves.
That is because you believe men over Jesus.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
When you realise this, they may be more significant to you.
He was the firstfruits from death.
He is the example of what is truth.
He rose from the tomb.
This is what the Bible plainly teaches. No bias put in by any man.
Oh - you don't have to expound upon your belief - I know all about it. And that is why I chose to help put people on the right path - one that utilizes all of what Jesus taught and not just teh pieces that men have presented.

"This is what the Bible plainly teaches. No bias put in by any man."
- oh there is biasness
- you just are so diluted in the wrong belief, you can't see it.

Why do you believe men?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431035 Apr 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see how it is....you'll quote Jesus here, but disregard all of his other teachings.
He was Spirit.
(24)
(1) His disciples said: "Show us the place where you are,
because it is necessary for us to seek it.
(2) He said to them: "Whoever has ears should hear!
(3) Light exists inside a person of light, and he shines on the whole world.
If he does not shine, there is darkness."
- NOTE - the question to Jesus is for him to "show us the place where you are".....NOT.....where are you going to, which would signify he he still on the planet.
I think you need to stop believing what men have told you to believe.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Reading this again, you are presuming that the Apostles were still presuming Jesus was a ghost. He proved to Thomas that He was not.

Then He surprised the whole company by rising from the ground to ascend to Heaven just as the resurrected believers will be.

You are still believing in an immortal soul which cannot die.
God alone is immortal. Jesus was not or He could not have died on the cross. He is NOW immortal just as we will be when we put on imortallity at the Second Coming.

Why do you follow false teachings so ardently?

Believe what Jesus and the Bible teaches.

A word from Ecclesiastes 9 ...

5. For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,and even their name is forgotten.

6. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

7. Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.

8. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil.

9. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun — all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.

10. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

These are blessed people who will die and then have no more to do until their resurrection.

They are not spirits floating around enjoying Paradise.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431037 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are convinced that the Sacred Infallible Word of God is in error (All you have done is use a verse wrongly punctuated which is easy to understand if you know that Jesus did not go anywhere other than the tomb or the locality nearby for another 40 days) my advise to you is to bring with you lots of fans and cool-aid.
Don't be ridiculous, Oxbow.

Which version of God's word do you believe to be infallible?

We know throughout history passages have been added to and some were erased.

"I say unto you this day thou shalt be with me in paradise"

There. No commas.

Jesus told the thief He would be with him in Paradise. Can you not grasp that the thief would be with all the redeemed on Resurrection Day?

You obvious believe he is in Paradise right now.
This means he will be a major exception.
This makes nonsense of the resurrection.
It also abolishes Judgement Day.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431038 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Because it is allegoric. Symbolism of the Spirit rising. Nothing more, nothing less.
Man has changed it around to be "in bodily form" Mark sure never included it.
<quoted text>
Speculation that goes along with the addition verses in GoMark. This has never been proven.
Please remember - your belief in this is purely upon "Faith" - one of the primary aspects of Self [being/consiciusness/mind/Spir it]- due to other men telling you this occurred, even though they do not have exact information.
<quoted text>
That is because you believe men over Jesus.
<quoted text>
Oh - you don't have to expound upon your belief - I know all about it. And that is why I chose to help put people on the right path - one that utilizes all of what Jesus taught and not just teh pieces that men have presented.
"This is what the Bible plainly teaches. No bias put in by any man."
- oh there is biasness
- you just are so diluted in the wrong belief, you can't see it.
Why do you believe men?
SO NOW YOU ARE SAYING THE BIBLE IS NOT INFALLIBLE?

Why are so many texts agreeing that we sleep when we die.
You have no texts to offer and yet you accuse me of believing man when I quote straight from scripture. WEIRD!
socci

Cameron, MO

#431039 Apr 3, 2013
We know who Jesus was, through the writings of men - in and outside fo the Bible.
Only men have claimed that Jesus was a certain character, in which certain traits were given him, and others were not.
So, in essence, your theology and dogma is flawed to think only the Bible is where we have learned of Jesus.
In fact, the Bible, or in the least, its core book, devised and decided upon in 325 CE, goes to show you that there was about 300 years of people believing in Jesus. Which also shows you are incorrect in your belief.
I think you and Tiger Lily must've missed those days in Bible study or they didn't include these facts.

The NT books were completed before the close of the 1st century.

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

http://www.datingthenewtestament.com

Rome didnt accept the canon until the 4th century.

What was written by men was beyond what any man could know proving divine inspiration.

If the thing written is fulfilled then it was God inspired.

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
socci

Cameron, MO

#431040 Apr 3, 2013
Clueless....and uninformed.
"The series originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus
- Why do you think a book published 1100 years after one published in the 4th century is more accurate?

Brought west from the Greek Orthodox where the books were preserved in their original languages.

KJV NT origins

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

Albuquerque, NM

#431041 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading this again, you are presuming that the Apostles were still presuming Jesus was a ghost. He proved to Thomas that He was not.
Then He surprised the whole company by rising from the ground to ascend to Heaven just as the resurrected believers will be.
You are still believing in an immortal soul which cannot die.
God alone is immortal. Jesus was not or He could not have died on the cross. He is NOW immortal just as we will be when we put on imortallity at the Second Coming.
Why do you follow false teachings so ardently?
Believe what Jesus and the Bible teaches.
A word from Ecclesiastes 9 ...
5. For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,and even their name is forgotten.
6. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.
7. Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.
8. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil.
9. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun — all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.
10. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
These are blessed people who will die and then have no more to do until their resurrection.
They are not spirits floating around enjoying Paradise.
You sure like to make alot of claims. But can you support them? Let's see what claims you think are accurate. Please provide links and evidence that what you say is correct and truthful:

a. He proved to Thomas that He was not.
b. by rising from the ground to ascend to Heaven just as the resurrected believers will be.
c. God alone is immortal.
d. Jesus was not or He could not have died on the cross. He is NOW immortal just as we will be when we put on imortallity at the Second Coming.

Please provide citations for the above.

"Why do you follow false teachings so ardently?
Believe what Jesus and the Bible teaches."

- Who says they are false teachings? Do you have somethign from "God" stating that they are. I don't, please provide this link and support.

I do believe what Jesus teaches. As for the Bible, it was changed to fit the theology of men, in order to control other men. I don't believe it is in any position to tell me what I am to believe.

In truth, I beleive "God" has already spoken to me, and had led me to teach all of Christianity that they have been duped.

Like you.

I'll wait for your support, so we can continue in our discussion. Please remember - solid support or evidence is the best to promote your viewpoint. The use of weblinks, videos, and other books are wonderful areas to use.

Circular reasoning will not help resolve the contradictions you promote.

Albuquerque, NM

#431042 Apr 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
SO NOW YOU ARE SAYING THE BIBLE IS NOT INFALLIBLE?
Don't get so excited. It isn't.

Tell me, how can a fallible man define something infallible?

Why would an infallible being need a fallible being to convey what is required of the fallible being to do in the first place?

How is that you even can say stuff like this, when "God" supposedly only inspired a handful of people, on top of 300+ bishops in 325 CE?

Exactly how many individuals has "God" ONLY inspired?
- If you even think this, then you have limited "God".
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many texts agreeing that we sleep when we die.
Anyone can write what they want people to believe?

Why does Jesus say differently?
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no texts to offer and yet you accuse me of believing man when I quote straight from scripture. WEIRD!
Oh - I've offered plenty of texts. You and others are the only ones who don't accept them. Of course that is because OTHER MEN told you not too.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#431043 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT books were completed before the close of the 1st century.
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
http://www.datingthenewtestament.com
Rome didnt accept the canon until the 4th century.
What was written by men was beyond what any man could know proving divine inspiration.
If the thing written is fulfilled then it was God inspired.
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
Alot more claims. Where is your support for this information?

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are a so-called "Christian" and don't need any support - you ahve 'faith'.....in men that they are accurate.

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#431044 Apr 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Brought west from the Greek Orthodox where the books were preserved in their original languages.
KJV NT origins
http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
So.

If you have a point to make, you sure are skating around it.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431045 Apr 3, 2013
We all agree -- everyone else's delusion is wrong.

This board is perfect witness.

There can be no agreement on a mental delusion.

That's the purpose of denominations - institutions to give credence to the delusion. Sooner or later, denominations split, often in a messy way. The Catholic Schisms for example.

The Bible is loaded with nonsense, much of which most sane people ignore ... but that doesn't stop the delusion.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#431046 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>same old story,you never ever produce no corroborating historical fact that disputes my posts
2000 years of TRUTH AUTHENTICATED PROVEN Church History, disputes EVERYTHING you have posted. Go read the Catholic Catechism, the Encyclicals and the Apologists Historian authors and writers, who know 50 times more than you will EVER KNOW about the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History. It is a "waste of time" discussing and debating this subject with bible only "buffoons" like yourself who have a pre-determined anti-catholic "editorial" agenda. You people just "throw ANYTHING out on this forum" hoping that (something)----(ANYTHING) might stick!!! Go argue with your other 42,000+ contradicting/inconsistent Sola Scriptura "desperatos" who "have never" nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING except attacking our Catholic Faith (grounded in Jesus Christ) and attacking the TRUTH of TRUE Biblical Interpretation and TRUE Church History that has existed for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to remain the ONLY TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and passed on to His Apostles in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 25 min L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 49 min KristoFMYsagun 14
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr IM Just Saying 9,418
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 2 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy 22 hr KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web