Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599809 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430946 Apr 3, 2013
Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden,FACT: Catholics are taught to call their priest, "Father", as a religious title of respect. Christians in the first century never called their leaders, "father". This first happened hundreds of years later.

usa

#430947 Apr 3, 2013
Does Jesus approve of calling the leaders of the church, "Father"?

Answer: Matthew 23:9 o YES NO o

usa

#430948 Apr 3, 2013
Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.FACT: Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys",(200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".

usa

#430949 Apr 3, 2013
Historical note: Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from the pagan religions who were already using them hundreds of years before: In 456 AD, Hindus are thought to have introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108) Islam (610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God. Buddhists have 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.

usa

#430950 Apr 3, 2013
Did Jesus forbid repetitive prayer using Rosary Beads?

Answer: Matthew 6:7 o YES NO o

usa

#430951 Apr 3, 2013
Virgin Mary

FACT: Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters. The Pope teaches that Mary is the mediator between God and man. Catholics also engage in more praising of Mary than Jesus Christ himself and actually pray to her to have their prayers answered. Rosary Beads graphically represent how Roman Catholics heap 10 times more praise upon Mary than God himself. Of the 59 total beads of the Rosary, 53 beads are "Hail Marys", but only 6 beads are "Our Father". The Rosary most often ends with a "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer to Mary, not God.

usa

#430952 Apr 3, 2013
Mary had many other children in addition to Jesus

Because these verses so clearly contradict Catholic doctrine, Catholic interpreters will insist these are cousins, kinsmen, or from a supposed earlier marriage of Joseph. Of course, the Bible proves all these things wrong. The Catechism gives this ridiculous and incorrect explanation:

"The Church has always understood these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact James and Joseph,'brothers of Jesus,' are the sons of another Mary, a disciple of Christ..."

usa

#430953 Apr 3, 2013
Matthew 13:55-56 & Mark 6:3

Cannot simply be cousins because Colossians 4:10 uses a separate Greek word. John 1:41 uses the same term of Peter and his brother.

The Catholic Catechism says of these verses: "The Church has always understood these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact James and Joseph,'brothers of Jesus,' are the sons of another Mary, a disciple of Christ..."

The Catholic church teaches that the Mary in these passages is the mother of Jesus, but Jesus brothers and sisters are children of another woman also named Mary. The children are so clearly the offspring of the "Mary" of this passage, that the Pope has come to the conclusion is must be a different Mary! Incredible!

Now read it for yourself from the scripture and see if you agree with the Catholic church that the Mary of these passages is both the mother of Jesus and the mother of James and Joseph and Simon and Judas.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town, and in his own household."
Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town and among his own relatives and in his own household."

usa

#430954 Apr 3, 2013
Mt 12:46 While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. 47 And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You." 48 But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" 49 And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers! 50 "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."
Mk 3:31 And His mother and His brothers *arrived, and standing outside they sent word to Him, and called Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him, and they *said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You." 33 And answering them, He *said, "Who are My mother and My brothers?" 34 And looking about on those who were sitting around Him, He *said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers! 35 "For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."
Lk 8:19 And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. 20 And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." 21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

usa

#430955 Apr 3, 2013
The church we read about in the Bible was organized in a very simple way. A general pattern was to have 2 or more qualified men overseeing each local congregation or church. These men could be referred to as the "eldership". Each man must meet several high qualifications which the Bible lists in two passages. Elders are the spiritual leaders of a congregation. They also watch out for the souls of the members like a shepherd.

Christ is the head of every local church. There is no human head of the church.
The Bible is the only written creed for each local church, rather than a man-made written creed.
Each local church is autonomous and self-governing. No outside interference from others.
No organizational tie between local churches.
No organization larger than local churches.
The Bible uses Elder, Presbyter, Overseer, Bishop, Shepherd, Pastor interchangeably and they all refer to a single office in the church.
Local churches appoint their own plurality of elders using 1 Timothy 3, and Titus 1 as guidelines for the qualifications.
Elders have authority only over the members of the local church, not members from outside congregations.

usa

#430956 Apr 3, 2013
The Baptist church, for example, admits in their official creed book (The Hiscox Standard Baptist Manual), that new offices not found in scripture have been added long after the Bible was written:

"CHURCH OFFICERS: In the New Testament we find that in apostolic times, and for many years after, pastors and deacons only were known as permanent church officers. Others have been added at later times, for a variety of reasons." (The Hiscox Standard Baptist Manual)
"THE WIDER FELLOWSHIP OF BAPTISTS: Because churches are the only Christian organizations provided for in the New Testament, it may be said that they are the only ones really essential to the accomplishment of the purposes of Christ. Experience, however, has demonstrated that churches in fellowship with one another are able to fulfill the work of the gospel more effectively than churches alone." (The Hiscox Standard Baptist Manual)
What we observe in these two quotes from the Hiscox Standard Baptist Manual, is the following: First, they admit that new offices were added to the church many years after the Bible was completed. Second, they admit that local churches with no organizational tie between them, was the Bible pattern, but because of human wisdom, an organization was invented to tie local churches together on a global basis.

usa

#430957 Apr 3, 2013
Unscripturally organized:

Pastor system (one man over church)
Unqualified men (Position worse than having no elders at all)
any organization larger than local church (world headquarters etc.)
B. Unscripturally unorganized: church has qualified men who are not elders

C. Scripturally organized: a church which has a qualified eldership

D. Scripturally unorganized:

a church without elders because no one qualified: Acts 14:1-3,6,8,21-23
a church with no elders, when qualified men could be appointed, "lacks": Tit 1:5
Conclusion:

A. There are four terms: elder, overseer, shepherd & steward

They all refer to the same thing
They are used interchangeably
The terms are not titles but teach us about the role, function and work
4. It is wrong to view pastors elders and bishops as three different offices
B. The Bible gives clear qualifications for the office which most churches ignore. The modern day "pastor system" as employed by most denominations, where one man is over the church rather than a group of men is unscriptural.

C. An elder can only oversee one local congregation

Each church is self governing and autonomous
A bishop from one church can not oversee another church
D. Churches in the Bible began with no elders but in time elders were appointed

Churches can scripturally exist either with or without elders
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430958 Apr 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Our happiness in the world to come lies in our being present with the Lord.
We are present with the Lord as soon as the soul quits and takes its leave and farewell of the body.
A state of separation from the body is much more preferable to the saints than that of dwelling in the body.
This desire, preference, and choice, arises from that confident assurance which they have of a better state, and of their interest in it; (We are confident, I say, &c.)
Undeniable gospel truth from Scripture...
Job 14 v 14

King James Bible
If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time

will I wait, till my change come.

Daniel 12:13

But go you your way till the end be: for you shall rest, and stand in

your lot at the end of the days.

Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this:

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the

Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow

them."
----------

----------
Psalm 16:5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot

secure.
----------

----------
Isaiah 57:2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest

as they lie in death.
----------

----------
Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll

until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase

knowledge."

1 Corinthians 4:5 KJV
King James Version

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come , who

both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make

manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have

praise of God.
Religion- Mental Delusion

Titusville, FL

#430960 Apr 3, 2013
Looking back at almost one entire week, and Christians can't agree on many of the basics -- how to be saved, what various Bible verses mean, etc., etc..

Without a common enemy, they Xians attack each other in the name of their common delusion.

Titusville, FL

#430961 Apr 3, 2013
Delusion ----- a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

No one's mind can be changed here -- because nothing is based on tangible fact, only delusion.

History tells us over and over that the Bible can mean what people want it to mean at any given point in time.

Burn witches...

Kill people who believe differently...

Own slaves...

Don't own slaves...

Over 100 ways to be saved... or not...

Who knows?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430962 Apr 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First and foremost, stop saying 'Book, Chapter verse book chapter verse. gimme book chapter verse'
The Bible was not given 'Book, Chapter, verse'
The Catholic Church created the chapter and verses to help us in reading it.
You guys seem to isolate the Bible into a million verses. Using one to cancel out others and vice versa.
Immaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
One can not be full of Grace and have any sin.
Mary is the ark that ushered God into this world as one of us. You should know by reading the Bible, that God could never combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself.
So instead of book chapter verse book chapter verse book chapter verse. Try reading the Bible like the authors wrote it. Read what the early Christians understood since they heard the Bible from the mouths of the Apostles.
So you refuse the words of Jesus as any confirmed infidel would...

Just as the devil has....

what did Jesus mean when he said IT IS WRITTEN...

IT IS WRITTEN...IS REFEREED TO... 69 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE

69 verses found,

Matthew 9 verses found
Mark 7 verses found
Luke 8 verses found
John 5 verses found
Acts 5 verses found
Romans 16 verses found
1 Corinthians 9 verses
2 Corinthians 3 verses
Galatians 4 verses
Hebrews 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
1 John 1 verse found

BOOKS ...IS REFEREED TO... 37 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE

37 VERSES.FOUND

Matthew 1 verse found
Mark 1 verse found
Luke 4 verses found
John 1 verse found
Acts 2 verses found
Galatians 1 verse found
Philippians 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
Revelation 24 verses found

WHAT IS IT THAT A PERSON CAN STUDY IF HE ONLY HAS HEARSAY..and no book

2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

YOUR AVERSION TO THE BOOK (BIBLE) EVIDENTLY ACCOUNTS FOR YOUR

profane and vain babbling: AND the INCREASED OF more ungodliness. IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

~~~~

I ASSUME YOUR CATECHISM IS A BOOK...THAT IS WRITTEN...

DO YOU NOT CITE IT...IS NOT (what you call) THE HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...WRITTEN DOWN..

YOUR ARGUMENT AGAINST THE BOOK...THE BIBLE any book....IS BEYOND

COMPREHENSION..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430963 Apr 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides Confrint, I never said ever inch of Catholicism is explicitly spelled out in 'Book Chapter Verse'. I said I can give you scripture on every inch of the Catholic faith.
Of course, you declared yourself an authority on what constitutes acceptable scripture references, therefore you took it upon yourself to reject whatever you see fit.
Since you're the 'Book, Chapter, Verse' fanatic. Could you please provide book Chapter verse where Christ commands a Christian Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry?
~~~

So you made a remark that you cannot follow up on..

in other word you were untruthful ...now you come up with an excuse

Is it not a wonder that you are in the Spiritual condition that you are in...

The hope of your eternal destiny is hinges upon hearsay and gossip..

~~~~

Your alleged first pope THE APOSTLE PETER SAID...

1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and

be ready always to give an answer to every man

that asketh you a reason of the hope

that is in you with meekness and fear:

THIS YOU REFUSE TO DO...

BECAUSE YOU REFUSE GOD'S MESSAGE OF HOPE FOUND IN THE SCRIPTURES..

JESUS SAID..

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Joh 5:39 --> Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. <--

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

YOU REFUSE THE WORDS OF JESUS AND FOLLOW YOUR POPE

THAT HAS COME IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCHES NAME...

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

YOU CHURCH HAS NO POWER...NO AUTHORITY OF ITSELF...

AN AGAIN JESUS SAID...

Joh_5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

==>for without me ye can do nothing.<==

2Co_13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST THE TRUTH

JESUS SAID...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

YOUR GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST HIM NOR REPLACE HIM WITH YOUR CONJECTURE FABLES AND PAGANISM

Titusville, FL

#430964 Apr 3, 2013
What must you do to be saved?

Some of the many confusing ways to be saved (from what?)

1.. Say the right things.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified.-- Matthew 12:37

2.. Do the right things.(Be a do-gooder.)
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life.-- John 5:29
I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.-- Jeremiah 17:10
For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.-- 2 Corinthians 5:10

3.. Believe the right things.
A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.-- Romans 3:28
Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.-- Romans 5:1
A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.-- Galatians 2:16
For by grace are ye saved through faith.-- Ephesians 2:8

4.. Do and believe the right things.
Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.-- James 2:17
Work your way to heaven.
For you render to each one according to his works.-- Psalm 62:12
For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.-- Matthew 16.27
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.-- Revelation 20:12-13
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.-- 2 Corinthians 11:15
The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work.-- 1 Peter 1:17
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?-- James 2:14, 17, 20, 24, 26
I will give unto every one of you according to your works.-- Revelation 2:23
Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work.-- Revelation 22:12
Burn your work.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.-- 1 Corinthians 3:15
Work it out with fear and trembling.
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.-- Philippians 2:12
Be hungry now and never get full.
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.... Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger.-- Luke 6:21, 24
Hunger and thirst after righteousness.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.-- Matthew 5:6\
Do what is lawful and right.
When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul.-- Ezekiel 18:27
Obey the law of the wise.
The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.-- Proverbs 13:14
Do God's will
He that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.-- 1 John 2:17
Do the will of Jesus' father.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.-- Matthew 7:21
Be a doer of the law.
Who will render to each one according to his deeds.... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.-- Romans 2:6, 13
Call on the name of the Lord.
Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.-- Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430965 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So you made a remark that you cannot follow up on..
in other word you were untruthful ...now you come up with an excuse
Is it not a wonder that you are in the Spiritual condition that you are in...
The hope of your eternal destiny is hinges upon hearsay and gossip..
~~~~
Your alleged first pope THE APOSTLE PETER SAID...
1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and
be ready always to give an answer to every man
that asketh you a reason of the hope
that is in you with meekness and fear:
THIS YOU REFUSE TO DO...
BECAUSE YOU REFUSE GOD'S MESSAGE OF HOPE FOUND IN THE SCRIPTURES..
JESUS SAID..
Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 --> Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. <--
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
YOU REFUSE THE WORDS OF JESUS AND FOLLOW YOUR POPE
THAT HAS COME IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCHES NAME...
Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
YOU CHURCH HAS NO POWER...NO AUTHORITY OF ITSELF...
AN AGAIN JESUS SAID...
Joh_5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:
==>for without me ye can do nothing.<==
2Co_13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST THE TRUTH
JESUS SAID...
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
YOUR GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST HIM NOR REPLACE HIM WITH YOUR CONJECTURE FABLES AND PAGANISM
Confrint, I followed it up like I said, and was truthful.

'It is written' is referring to the OT. You know this. And Jesus never declared which Books are to be in the OT canon.

I pity you more than anyone on here, because I think you know the truth in Catholicism. But you seem to be brainwashing yourself to ignore it. You're going to shout book chapter verse until you take your last breath. It doesn't matter to you that your interpretation of book chapter verse is not endorsed by Jesus Christ. You've convinced yourself Our Lord granted you the authority to dictate His will.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430966 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So you refuse the words of Jesus as any confirmed infidel would...
Just as the devil has....
what did Jesus mean when he said IT IS WRITTEN...
IT IS WRITTEN...IS REFEREED TO... 69 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE
69 verses found,
Matthew 9 verses found
Mark 7 verses found
Luke 8 verses found
John 5 verses found
Acts 5 verses found
Romans 16 verses found
1 Corinthians 9 verses
2 Corinthians 3 verses
Galatians 4 verses
Hebrews 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
1 John 1 verse found
BOOKS ...IS REFEREED TO... 37 TIMED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE
37 VERSES.FOUND
Matthew 1 verse found
Mark 1 verse found
Luke 4 verses found
John 1 verse found
Acts 2 verses found
Galatians 1 verse found
Philippians 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
Revelation 24 verses found
WHAT IS IT THAT A PERSON CAN STUDY IF HE ONLY HAS HEARSAY..and no book
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
YOUR AVERSION TO THE BOOK (BIBLE) EVIDENTLY ACCOUNTS FOR YOUR
profane and vain babbling: AND the INCREASED OF more ungodliness. IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
~~~~
I ASSUME YOUR CATECHISM IS A BOOK...THAT IS WRITTEN...
DO YOU NOT CITE IT...IS NOT (what you call) THE HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...WRITTEN DOWN..
YOUR ARGUMENT AGAINST THE BOOK...THE BIBLE any book....IS BEYOND
COMPREHENSION..
Look, just give me Book Chapter Verse where Jesus or His Apostles commanded we create a NT canon to dictate the will of Jesus Christ. Anything similar. I don't want your demented opinion on what YOU think Christ is saying. I just want a simple command..

Show me where The Apostles teach that their memoirs and epistles are the 'pillar and bulwark' of the faith or scram.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web