Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430883 Apr 2, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. You are clearly evil. Satan has his claws in your heart. I will pray for you. That is all I can do.
For you to deny the natural function of your digestive system speaks loads about your intelligence...
socci

Cameron, MO

#430884 Apr 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
It is your bible only Protestant "judgmental opinion" (claiming) that Catholics worship idols,(claiming) Catholics have other
Gods.(claiming) that Catholics pray to saints!! YES!!! This IS your "editorialized personal opinion". The fact is that "you have (no idea) as to what you are talking about!!! You've been reading too many Protestant "fiction" comic books! Your other (42,000 other contradicting "fundies" are just a confused, mixed up and "out of touch" with the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church----AS YOU ARE!!!!
!

There is nothing in the Bible about praying to saints -- thus it is only your opinion. God's word does not support your opinions.

John 16:23 "...whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you."

Nothing about asking saints or the 'virgin mary'. The pope and Roman Church have OPINIONS & traditions of MAN. The inspired Bible does not have opinion.

Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Such is the history of the harlot in Rome.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430885 Apr 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
The KJV - written with undervalued sources, and almost 1600 years after the supposed incidences, goes to show of its falseness already.

The KJV Greek came from the preserved Greek Orthodox as the links show. Corrupting the Greek among the Greeks was impossible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

The Latin Vulgate is the corrupted line.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430886 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let's break this down so you'll know from where non-roman cultist's are coming from:
the RCC's "mary" is NOT the Mary from the bible; it's the ancient 'godess' ashtroth, which is actually associated to a demonic principality and that's why pagans are compelled to worship it.
the 'eucharist' is NOT the Body of Christ, but it's a roman/pagan ploy designed to keep the masses in bondage to roman dependency.
if you care to specify the "other beliefs" the RCC has that are in opposition to what the Bible teaches, i'll be happy to explain why those of us who are jealous for the Truth are "disrespectful" of those doctrines of demons as well.
don't thank me, just repent:-)
So it doesn't matter to you that the Eucharist was taught; explained and defined hundreds of yrs before Rome legalized Christianity? When the Apostles and their Disciples wrote about what Jesus Christ commanded in the Eucharist, Pagan Rome were killing Christians. In your brain, you think pagan Rome influenced the Eucharist??
socci

Cameron, MO

#430887 Apr 2, 2013

Not just the eucharist predates the RC but also nuns or vestal virgins were from Rome not the Bible. Also IHS came from the Greeks all the way back to Babylon, not the Bible.

IHS
IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
"in this sign you will conquer"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_hoc_signo_vin...
http://www.reformation.org/pope-constantine.h...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430888 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So it doesn't matter to you that the Eucharist was taught; explained and defined hundreds of yrs before Rome legalized Christianity? When the Apostles and their Disciples wrote about what Jesus Christ commanded in the Eucharist, Pagan Rome were killing Christians. In your brain, you think pagan Rome influenced the Eucharist??
if the eucharist isn't strictly a roman/pagan institution, why is it that only a catholic priest can do the hocus pocus necessary for the 'transubstantiation'(also completely pagan/roman terminology)?

Jesus explains what He was talking about in latter verses when His disciples asked Him about eating His flesh and drinking His blood; "the flesh profits nothing; My WORDS are SPIRIT and they are life" Jesus

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430889 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't take direction from you or other men, I'll take it from Jesus"
you're one confused hombre! if you don't take direction from men and you don't confess Jesus as God,
Jesus isn't "God" - so please stop promoting this untruth.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you take direction from Jesus (even tho you really don't)?
You are correct. Since Jesus never wrote anythign down, why do we even listen to the second hand sources?

BTW - I utilize teh teachings of Jesus, as scribed by other men. This is true, and more than I can say about the whole of Christianity, who prefer to disregard most of what Jesus taught, and ont he flipside use everyone and their brothers as sources.

You are confused.

Why do you prescribe to what men devised?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430890 Apr 2, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV Greek came from the preserved Greek Orthodox as the links show. Corrupting the Greek among the Greeks was impossible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
The Latin Vulgate is the corrupted line.
Well, first and foremost - if you had used the correct Wiki-link, you may have gottenthte correct information.

But you chose to skate on by with some nonsense link to the "Byzantine" bible.

You will first need to learn to research correctly, before you can pat yourself on the back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_james_bible
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430891 Apr 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE...
"Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!"
I GAVE YOU TWO EXAMPLES FROM THE BIBLE...Did you not read my post....
I don't call Jesus "Nothing" DO YOU?... HE COMMENDED HIS SPIRIT TO THE FATHER..did he not?
Stephen COMMENDED his spirit to Jesus...while JESUS WAS GIVING HIM A STANDING OVATION...
I HARDLY BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD CALL THEM "NOTHING"
The "spirit" you speak of is His breath: no more, no less.
That spirit is the word PNEUMA. The same spirit God breathed into Adam's nostrils when he became a living soul.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430892 Apr 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in."
Excuse me? Have you not been adopted by God as a son, yet?
I am well aware that when Michael stands up, judgement ceases.
Our characters are sealed.
Judgement has not been completed and Judgement Day has not come yet.
Those who die have perhaps not been judged yet so how can they be consigned to Heaven or Hell until judgement has been passed on Judgement Day?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430893 Apr 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>while you are paraphrasing this part of a song that david wrote, it still remains ONLY a song. yet you choose to beleive that when Jesus spoke of that rich man and a man NAMED Lazarus , is ONLY a Parable. and I like Oxbow dont beleive it is "just a parable". I also dont beleive like you do ,that Jesus is a liar, and doesnt mean what He says.
and I must admit that I am perplexed when Marge calls you a brother, when your belief and that of the other sda's on this forum believe that we who worship the Lord on Sundays Services have received the "mark of the beast", when that "mark" hasnt been given nor forced on anyone at this time of the Christian era.
I have never given credence to marge being very intelligent since she first popped onto this forum, but to the others on here you arent fooling anyone, and that includes Clay.
Nasty comment there Preston.
The Mark of the Beast will not happen until we are forced by LAW to keep Sunday. Get that straight. You believe a lie.

I am not even TRYING to fool anyone. But I believe you must have enopugh of an IQ to read the passages I quoted and come to the conclusion that death IS a sleep.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430894 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Any way you slice it...you are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....
I have not seen any versions of the Bible that shows the error you are saying is in the Bible...
OK Oxbow, What you say is that Jesus appeared in Heaven when He died.

How was it he told Mary in the garden not to touch Him (three days later) BECAUSE HE HAD NOT YET ASCENDED UNTO THE FATHER?

He did not ascend until ascension day: some 40 days later.

Do the math.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#430895 Apr 2, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Bible about praying to saints -- thus it is only your opinion..
Nothing about asking saints or the 'virgin mary'. The pope and Roman Church have OPINIONS & traditions of MAN. The inspired Bible .
Correct---there is nothing in the Bible about praying to saints! Catholics DO NOT pray to saints, so it matters not! I/we as Catholics use "intercessory" prayer, asking others to pray for us, just like you "fundies" do! The difference is that we believe that the "Communion of Saints" encompasses those that are alive and here on earth, as well as the Saints that have gone before us marked with the sign of faith in Jesus Christ. These are not "man-made" opinions" like you Protestants have "invented, concocted and created" in the last 400 years since the Reformation..... Intercessory prayer, regarding the Saints and the Virgin Mary is "Catholic Doctrinal TRUTH" that was passed on by the Apostles over 2000 years ago----the Sacred Traditions that were taught by Jesus, to HIS Apostles, and proclaimed in the Early Church........TRUTH (both oral and written) IS APOSTOLIC, authenticated and verified by Jesus Christ HIMSELF and was made "manifested" ONLY in and through His One (and ONLY one) True Catholic Church. Again---Jesus NEVER wrote anything down, Jesus NEVER handed out bibles, nor did Jesus EVER say that the (written word) the bible(which never existed until 397AD) is the ONLY Source of TRUTH in which God the FAther, chose to transmit His infallible and inspired word. THE CHURCH CAME FIRST, then THE BIBLE 400 years after the death of Christ. APOSTOLIC ORAL TRADITION (the unwritten word) was the ONLY WORD taught by the Apostles in Jesus' first Church at Antioch, followed by the Churches in Pauls letters to Ephesus, Corinth, Thessalonica, Galatia, and on and on.....You need to get a TRUE HISTORY LESSON, instead of reading your "21st century (modernistic fictitious bible only history book of legends, myths and sola scriptura "editorial rif-raf, that you "fundies" just (make-up) as you go along!!! The TRUTH, has, is and will (always) be in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ)
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430896 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
090 078
<quoted text>
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.
The word "after" denotes the order of events...death followed by judgment...period....
Death - Judgement Day - Resurrection Day.

SIMPLE.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430897 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
"today you shall be in paradise with me"...there is no doubt as to " who" "where" nor to "when".
Join the Tiger Lily in showing what you perceive to be an error in the infallible Word of God...
Can't you read Oxbow?
I have explained countless times that the word of God says Jesus did not ascend to Heaven for 40 days or so after He was crucified.

The Bible is infallible but you have to properly UNDERSTAND simple logic for it to be of any use to you.

The dead await a resurrection. They SLEEP in the dust of the Earth.

The thief still waits until the Second Coming.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430899 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
How can that be???? Moses died years ago!!! Has he been resurrected!!!! Or did he go to Heaven upon dying????
There are 24 Elders in Heaven along with Moses and Elijah.

There is ample evidence that they are special resurrections.

Do a study!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430900 Apr 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if Jesus rose from his tomb in 3 days, rising on the Sabbath (Saturday), he would of been placed in the tomb on a Thursday or possibly a Wednesday. Mark 15:42-43 says that Jesus was crucified on the day before the Sabbath. If the Sabbath mentioned was the weekly Sabbath, then that lends toward a Friday crucifixion.
Lots of debate on this subject, jethro. There were High Sabbaths or Ceremonial Sabbaths and that leads to a variety of days of the crucifixion.

It still places Jesus on Earth days after His death and not in Heaven with the thief.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430901 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the eucharist isn't strictly a roman/pagan institution, why is it that only a catholic priest can do the hocus pocus necessary for the 'transubstantiation'(also completely pagan/roman terminology)?
Jesus explains what He was talking about in latter verses when His disciples asked Him about eating His flesh and drinking His blood; "the flesh profits nothing; My WORDS are SPIRIT and they are life" Jesus

Catholic's do not understand anything Spiritual, they are walking in the flesh and carnal minded.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430902 Apr 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For Moses to be talking with Christ...face to face...and be in his grave at the time, disproves the old adage "you can't be in two places at the same time"!!!!!
There is evidence in scripture that Moses' grave was never found.
Perhaps God visited him as He did many times.
Elijah was seen going up to Heaven in a fiery chariot.
The many "Mary" visitations are NOT of the real Mary who is waiting for the voice of the Archangel to awaken her.
Marylou

Knoxville, TN

#430903 Apr 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic's do not understand anything Spiritual, they are walking in the flesh and carnal minded.
It really hurts my heart to see people pretend like they are Christian and be so mean and hateful. What is wrong with you people? Why are you letting satan lead you to such uglyness and meanness. I have never seen such aweful and prideful people. I will pray for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 14 hr QUITTNER May 25 2015 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Sat pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web