Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,205
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
youtube

AOL

#430859 Apr 2, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430860 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! new age dude couldn't actually quote Jesus to save his soul!
stick to new age, pal, and leave the Truth to those who follow it;)
I've quote Jesus, so I am not sure where you are getting this information.

I'm sorry you don't believe Jesus. It is your choice to do so or not.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430861 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First and foremost, stop saying 'Book, Chapter verse book chapter verse. gimme book chapter verse'
The Bible was not given 'Book, Chapter, verse'
The Catholic Church created the chapter and verses to help us in reading it.
You guys seem to isolate the Bible into a million verses. Using one to cancel out others and vice versa.
Immaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
One can not be full of Grace and have any sin.
Mary is the ark that ushered God into this world as one of us. You should know by reading the Bible, that God could never combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself.
So instead of book chapter verse book chapter verse book chapter verse. Try reading the Bible like the authors wrote it. Read what the early Christians understood since they heard the Bible from the mouths of the Apostles.
Clay wrImmaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
Mary is the ark that ushered God into this world as one of us. You should know by reading the Bible, that God could never combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself.

However It Is Written:

2 Corinthians 5:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Clay

United States

#430862 Apr 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do it at all, if it has o more significance to you and them than that? Why bother? After all, it is only God's Word. BTW, nothing else was ever refered to as God's word.
Why NOT do it? If Christians have actual writings from the Apostles, it would only make sense to.

The label 'Gods word' is taken out of context by you guys. You seem to think every little word was whispered into Pauls ear by God, therefore its Gods actual word.
The Bible is human thought with Divine insights, forever entwined to help the reader understand God. I'm guessing it would have been unimaginable for Matthew, that future Christians would take his writings so literal that they would argue where he put his comma or claim he meant 'little pebble' when referring to Peter.
Dude, they already taught the faith once. Its done. It flowed from their mouths. Things like what the Eucharist is, were clearly and irrefutably explained.
There is no doubt they passed on their authority to successors too. These successors created a NT Bible 400 yrs later and added it to the Hebrew books they considered sacred scripture. The Church is still standing today.
Clay

United States

#430863 Apr 2, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. You are clearly evil. Satan has his claws in your heart. I will pray for you. That is all I can do.
If Ox is not evil, he's mentally ill. I've worked with bi-polar and schizophrenics before. The things he says are similar in nature to someone with mental issues. No normal person would be so disrespectful to Mary, the Eucharist, and other beliefs of another people.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430864 Apr 2, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrImmaculate Conception. Mary was called full of Grace. Luke 1:28
However It Is Written:
King James Version (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Seeing the neg icons I was just wondering does someones Catholic Bible read diffrent than the KJV on

Albuquerque, NM

#430865 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>Seeing the neg icons I was just wondering does someones Catholic Bible read diffrent than the KJV on
But the earliest known 4th century Bible is different than your 17th century edition.

21 Him that knew no sin made he sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

IMO - if you will notice - subtle differences in the meanings. In fact, it appears the KJV has additional words added to change the meaning to become an implication upon Jesus, when in fact it isn't, if you are to look upon the earlier 4th century version.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430866 Apr 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've quote Jesus, so I am not sure where you are getting this information.
I'm sorry you don't believe Jesus. It is your choice to do so or not.
why do you prefer the mystic's non-authorized/non-canonized hearsay to the actual disciples' Gospel/biography accounts?

that's a rhetorical question as i already know why;)
socci

Cameron, MO

#430867 Apr 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
Just more of the same old Protestant "anti-catholic" garbage "editorialized DISTORTED opinions" that have "no basis" of TRUTH.... You, my friend are like Peter, before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!
YOU FISH AND CATCH --"NOTHING"!!!

No it's not an opinion the 1st commandment says have no other gods. It is not an opinion the 2nd commandment says do not bow to idols. Praying to saints is the opinion of the Roman Church condemned in God's ten commandments.

40,000 denominations due to rejecting God's word. Instead choosing man's traditions and opinions.

Bible right again!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430868 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ox is not evil, he's mentally ill. I've worked with bi-polar and schizophrenics before. The things he says are similar in nature to someone with mental issues. No normal person would be so disrespectful to Mary, the Eucharist, and other beliefs of another people.
let's break this down so you'll know from where non-roman cultist's are coming from:

the RCC's "mary" is NOT the Mary from the bible; it's the ancient 'godess' ashtroth, which is actually associated to a demonic principality and that's why pagans are compelled to worship it.

the 'eucharist' is NOT the Body of Christ, but it's a roman/pagan ploy designed to keep the masses in bondage to roman dependency.

if you care to specify the "other beliefs" the RCC has that are in opposition to what the Bible teaches, i'll be happy to explain why those of us who are jealous for the Truth are "disrespectful" of those doctrines of demons as well.

don't thank me, just repent:-)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430869 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
But the earliest known 4th century Bible is different than your 17th century edition.
21 Him that knew no sin made he sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.
IMO - if you will notice - subtle differences in the meanings. In fact, it appears the KJV has additional words added to change the meaning to become an implication upon Jesus, when in fact it isn't, if you are to look upon the earlier 4th century version.
I SEE NO Change in the meaning whatsoever.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430870 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
The label 'Gods word' is taken out of context by you guys. You seem to think every little word was whispered into Pauls ear by God, therefore its Gods actual word.
The Bible is human thought with Divine insights, forever entwined to help the reader understand God. I'm guessing it would have been unimaginable for Matthew, that future Christians would take his writings so literal that they would argue where he put his comma or claim he meant 'little pebble' when referring to Peter.
Dude, they already taught the faith once. Its done. It flowed from their mouths. Things like what the Eucharist is, were clearly and irrefutably explained.
There is no doubt they passed on their authority to successors too. These successors created a NT Bible 400 yrs later and added it to the Hebrew books they considered sacred scripture. The Church is still standing today.

Just as Moses was given direct inspiration on the mountain Paul and the other apostles were given direct inspiration by Jesus who breathed on them.

John 20:22 "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:"

The apostles who wrote the NT books were inspired to do so. Every word.

The early Christians quoted these books in the 38,000 letters we have to know which books they considered inspired scriptures long before Rome ever accepted the canon.

www.datingthenewtestament.com
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430871 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Only if they had left out the term MIGHT in which they did not would the meaning be changed.

7th <quoted text>Seeing the neg icons I was just wondering does someones Catholic Bible read diffrent than the KJV on
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430872 Apr 2, 2013
Say What? You've already seen it. Me too. But worth watching again.

Without a single word, this says it all

This is the new "wear your seat belt" ad the UK is doing - started by someone not hired to do it, but because the cause is important to him, he came up with this idea, and now it's being hailed across the world as a "beautiful" commercial....

And now the video has become so popular with the general public that people are forwarding it to friends/family on their own so quickly that it has spread all over the world in a very short time.

Check out this remarkable ad:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/h-8PBx7isoM

Albuquerque, NM

#430873 Apr 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you prefer the mystic's non-authorized/non-canonized hearsay to the actual disciples' Gospel/biography accounts?
that's a rhetorical question as i already know why;)
because "God" hasn't told me I shouldn't -- so I do. I don't take direction from you or other men, I'll take it from Jesus.

What's your excuse on not believing what Jesus has to teach in those texts?
socci

Cameron, MO

#430874 Apr 2, 2013

Oldest does not mean the most accurate or reliable. As copies are made of the most reliable the original wears out and is discarded no longer needed with thousands of copies all in agreement from different regions. The older corrupted text set aside unused and later discovered is not more reliable than the more recent copies of the preserved text. The KJV Greek comes from the NT of the Greek Orthodox who preserved it in their language. Corrupting it in their own language would be as difficult as corrupting the English KJV today. We could change a few but this would not matter as there are millions of copies to show the errors. The majority Greek mss are with the KJV's Textus Receptus.

The Latin Vulgate on the otherhand was kept locked away in the hands of a few. It is the corrupt text.

The two streams of mss did not even begin with the same OT or NT. The Vulgate uses mss from Alexandria Egypt where the Gnostics and pagans were while the KJV uses mss from Antioch Syria where the Christians were.

KJV NT origins

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...

KJV OT origins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text

ms history

http://www.biblebelievers.com/JEcob1.html

KJV History

http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ

Albuquerque, NM

#430875 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>I SEE NO Change in the meaning whatsoever.
That is because you you don't understand the passage.

You asked, I gave you what you ask for, and now just because you don't understand what I posted, you'll have to clarify what you are trying to convey.

Albuquerque, NM

#430876 Apr 2, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Oldest does not mean the most accurate or reliable. As copies are made of the most reliable the original wears out and is discarded no longer needed with thousands of copies all in agreement from different regions. The older corrupted text set aside unused and later discovered is not more reliable than the more recent copies of the preserved text. The KJV Greek comes from the NT of the Greek Orthodox who preserved it in their language. Corrupting it in their own language would be as difficult as corrupting the English KJV today. We could change a few but this would not matter as there are millions of copies to show the errors. The majority Greek mss are with the KJV's Textus Receptus.
The Latin Vulgate on the otherhand was kept locked away in the hands of a few. It is the corrupt text.
The two streams of mss did not even begin with the same OT or NT. The Vulgate uses mss from Alexandria Egypt where the Gnostics and pagans were while the KJV uses mss from Antioch Syria where the Christians were.
KJV NT origins
http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...
KJV OT origins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text
ms history
http://www.biblebelievers.com/JEcob1.html
KJV History
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ
And in the same tone, newer doesn't mean more reliable.

The KJV - written with undervalued sources, and almost 1600 years after the supposed incidences, goes to show of its falseness already.

You promoting it, without knowledge of its creation, by whom, when where, and why are jsut spouting off the comfy, coziness you find owning it.

Your claim of fullness is actually incomplete.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430877 Apr 2, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo is getting ready to push the "paste" button again with his 42,000, half truths, heresies, protestant, catholic haters.......(lol)
Hojo belongs to a diocese in Minnesota that has had more than their fair share of pedophile clergy over the years, yet instead of demanding answers from the lying/deceiving, coverup bishops he praises his church leaders.
Top right hand column of this forum today another catholic priest goes to jail for sexual abuse of a child in Oregon that he had for sleepovers. What parent in their right mind would ever allow a child to sleep over with any man. UNBELIEVABLE!
The truth must be told!
your right that's what i'll get,the parrot message,since he can't prove one thing about his church and their so called apostolic succession.the bible is infallible so the passage i posted can not be denied,it's right there for anyone to read.the Vatican lied according TO THE BIBLE.The catholic church is not the true church by apostolic succession.wish i found that passage sooner...and it seems like a priest a day is going to jail for molesting,and your right,what parent would leave their child with a man they hardly know, just because he preaches doesn't make him a trust worthy man. Obviously they never read up on the true church history.They relied on their phony teachings an traditions.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430878 Apr 2, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. The question is. What are YOU waiting for? Jesus opened the door for you but you are too self-righteous and blind to answer His call.
i see no open door,well my computer room door is open,but that's about it,self-righteous? me? i don't think so,and so far I've heard no one calling me,i've seen a lot of hot air being blown around here but that's about it,can't get hojo to answer a simple question,he defends the church like it's his,but he refuses to supply any truth. maybe you'd like to answer my question if you think you can?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon Jaimie 83,958
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Cultastic 8,911
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web