Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,126
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430820 Apr 1, 2013
Sabbath

habbath, shab-bawth'
intermission, i.e (specifically) the Sabbath:--(+ every) sabbath.

of Hebrew origin (7676); the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath), or day of weekly repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension, a se'nnight, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications:--sabbath (day), week.

Where in the definition of "sabbath", in Hebrew or Greek, is defined any day of the week????

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#430821 Apr 1, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up to the individual with no mediator between Jesus; that there is no other Father.
If the Church claims there is another Father they are a false church. This is right in the ten commandments: have no other gods.
virgin mary waffer god queen of heaven - none supported with God's word.
Excellent. Youn made my point exactly.
marge

Ames, IA

#430822 Apr 1, 2013
Disciple wrote:
I told you they were demon-possessed, in Jesus name we pray for them.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430823 Apr 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think so?
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/library/g...

Location hidden

#430824 Apr 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I basically agree with you,because you have centered the way of salvation in Christ.It is so apparent these days that if there be a turning away,and a falling from the truth,it is because Christians will not"work out their salvation with fear and trembling."We are compeled to contend for the faith,not just to stand up for it,but to allow it to consume our lives,not an easy task by any means.But the radical view of abandoning oneself for the Lord is appropriate to us all who claim to know Christ.
The Apostles would never have died holy martyrs if they forsook Christ for a better life.
All the Apostles save Judas were killed for the gospel sake,except John who died on Patnos,or nearby.But he did suffer terrible persecution and was left for dead,but lived.
The Lord may call us to suffer such as well who knows? But our salvation does not depend on our actions,but in Christ who paid the greatest sacrifice.
When we trust in His deliverance and salvation we are living a life of faith in Him.So really all believers are challenged with that LIFE,only Christ can give,through His resurrection.
The Church is a corporate body of believers that trust in Christ alone for salvation,and believe His Word,live it and follow it.
I heard today on TV a huge gathering of Evangelicals who sang accappella"What can wash away our sins?"
The refraim is "Oh precious is the flow that washes me WHITE as snow.
No other fount I know,nothing but the Blood of Jesus."That says it all!

Location hidden

#430825 Apr 1, 2013
Something to ponder:
When we are at our most darkest, our most hopeless, our most terrified (have you been there?)we go directly to Christ. He never asks our credentials, what Church we belong to, etc., He is just there for us.

Location hidden

#430826 Apr 1, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pray to a dead so-called 'saint' you are worshipping idols no different than if you were to kiss the idol instead of your wife / husband. It is idol worship. God wants all to pray to him alone.
This is why the Roman Church removed God's second commandment from their catechism.
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...
Blasphemy!
Such was foretold before the Roman Church ever existed..........
Daniel 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:"
Most of us need not worry about whether or not we are going to idolize a dead saint. Where we will find out heart most times is focusing on. idolizing our pride, out judging others, our angry thoughts, money, material things, what others think of us, etc.

Location hidden

#430827 Apr 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
This could be dangerous for people who do not understand the theology of this, through this lack of instruction, slipping out of veneration into worship.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430828 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>still fishing for Scripture that will back up your false theology of OSAS. wont find it in the Bible.
Making us a new CREATION, doesn't mean that we wont go back to b eing lost.
JESUS MAKES, WE DESTROY, only idiots like you believe in OSAS, others do so because they are lied to by false teachers.
Still searching for a scripture that tells us that after we have been made a 'new creation' we can somehow go back to being the old creation as though the work God began in us was in vain. You are a silly little man. And you are a sorry excuse for a 'pastor'.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430829 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your Protestant bible only "lies" Confrinting!!! YOU "fundies" are the ones that "threw out" 7 books of the original Canon of Scripture (beginning at the Protestant Reformation). 7 of the ORIGINAL BOOKS OF THE BIBLE that the Early Church Fathers compiled, interpreted and formed in 382,393, and 397AD. You keep "digging a deeper and deeper hole" of lies, and distorting of the TRUTH OF HISTORY AND THE BIBLE with each and every "bogus editorialized comment" that you "invent"!
If they are 'bible only' how can they be lies? You are clueless. BTW, why do you suppose it took the RCC almost 400 years(according to you) to 'compile,interpret and form' the bible.lol

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430830 Apr 2, 2013
no answer to my question yet,HOJO,why not? what are you waiting for??

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430831 Apr 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give you scripture on every inch of the Catholic faith. Its completely entwined with scripture and never conflicts with it.
But so what sir? You simply reject it. The next question to you is, who are you to authoritatively accept or reject anything?
You wrote

I can give you scripture on every inch of the Catholic faith.

THEN DO IT...

GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE...

You have made the above statement numerous times...but to date you have

not ,

Take each of your doctrinal commitments and give scriptural references for each of them..

for example...

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION...

book ... chapter and verse.

HOLY ASSUMPTION...

book ....chapter and verse

Since you are so adamant that they are there.

validate them from the Bible...

IF YOU CANT you will have to admit you cannot find them.
____

NOW If you attempt to con me... by citing some

SOME one (NOT NAMED IN THE SCRIPTURES) SOME ONE that the Holy Spirit

has not chosen authenticated AND SENT....

Quoting them... is unacceptable.

~~~
REMEMBER ...YOU SAID

"I can give you scripture on every inch of the Catholic faith."

WE WILL BE ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR YOUR LIST...

1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#430832 Apr 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="MICHAEL"
For those that believe the Jesus story, how can anyone verify that he rose from the dead on Sunday, and not Saturday night? If his family came by sunday morning and saw the stone rolled away, and the tomb empty maybe he left 10:00 oclock Saturday night.
The catholic church would NEVER use saturday. That was the Jewish Sabbath, and christians would do anything not to have Jesus affiliated with his long life Jewish faith.
Christianity created the story and stole Jesus from the Jewish life he lived and died.
Each of the writers of the gospel tell us that the women went to the tomb very early in the morning on the FIRST DAY of the week. The angels who rolled the stone away were still there. Jesus Himself showed Himself to Mary, so He had not left the area. The stone wasn't rolled away so that Jesus could get out...He entered rooms with the doors locked...the stone was rolled away so that men could see that the tomb was empty.
God made the earth in six days, then rested on the seventh day. History...according to the Bible...is approximately six days old (a thousand years being one day in God's sight). The millinium (thousand years of Christ's reign on earth) will be another 'day of rest' with peace reigning on the earth.
The Sabbath was a day of rest...NO work was to be done. Jesus got up on the first day BECAUSE HE HAD WORK TO DO. He 'rested' on the Sabbath.
The first day of the week is not a Jewish Sabbath for us...it is a worship day...a day to do His work. Did you ever notice that our Christian nation recognized both Saturday and Sunday...respecting both the Jewish Sabbath and the Christian day of worship?(Not now...but everyone used to get the whole week-end for rest and worship.)
KM
You are only going by what other men wrote. That is why your faith is called only a belief and not a fact of proof or evidence.

Jesus supposedely born a Jew, practiced his jewish faith his entire earthly life, claiming to be the Son of God, yet Jews (his belief) do not believe in sons of God. Makes no common sense.

Writers and catholic editors would have never allowed Saturday to become the christian sabbath. The story would have NEVER been written that way even if occurred. Christianity has done everything to make Jesus their own, and remove the Jew from him, the Jew that he was his entire life according to christian only scriptures.........

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#430833 Apr 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
no answer to my question yet,HOJO,why not? what are you waiting for??
Hojo is getting ready to push the "paste" button again with his 42,000, half truths, heresies, protestant, catholic haters.......(lol)

Hojo belongs to a diocese in Minnesota that has had more than their fair share of pedophile clergy over the years, yet instead of demanding answers from the lying/deceiving, coverup bishops he praises his church leaders.

Top right hand column of this forum today another catholic priest goes to jail for sexual abuse of a child in Oregon that he had for sleepovers. What parent in their right mind would ever allow a child to sleep over with any man. UNBELIEVABLE!

The truth must be told!

#430834 Apr 2, 2013
Clay here is the

Doctrinal Commitments (books chapters and verses)....of the church I am a part of..
from the Holy Scriptures...

Repentance. Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19.
Justification. Romans 5:1; Titus 3:7.
Regeneration. Titus 3:5.
New birth. John 3:3; 1 Peter 1:23; 1 John 3:9.
Sanctification subsequent to justification. Romans 5:2; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 1
Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12.
Holiness. Luke 1:75; 1 Thessalonians 4:7; Hebrews 12:14.
Water baptism. Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9, 1 0; John 3:22, 23; Acts 8:36, 38.
Baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to cleansing; the enduement of power for
service. Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:49, 53; Acts 1:4-8.
The speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance as the initial evidence of
the baptism of the Holy Ghost. John 15:26; Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7.
Spiritual gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:1,7,10,28,31; 1 Corinthians 14:1.
Signs following believers. Mark 16:17-20; Romans 15:18, 19; Hebrews 2:4.
Fruit of the Spirit. Romans 6:22; Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 5:9; Philippians
1: 11.
Divine healing provided for all in the atonement. Psalm 103:3; Isaiah 53:4, 5;
Matthew 8:17; James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.
The Lord's Supper. Luke 22:17-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.
Washing the saints' feet. John 13:4-17; 1 Timothy 5:9, 10.
Tithing and giving. Genesis 14:18-20; 28:20-22; Malachi 3: 10; Luke 11:42; 2
Corinthians 9:6-9; 16:2; Hebrews 7:1-21.
Restitution where possible. Matthew 3:8; Luke 19:8, 9.
Premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the dead saints and to
catch away the living saints to Him in the air. 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1
Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2: 1.
Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years. Zechariah 14:4; 1 Thessalonians
4:14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14, 15; Revelation 5:10; 19:11-21; 20:4-6.
Resurrection. John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15; Revelation 20:5, 6.
Eternal life for the righteous. Matthew 25:46; Luke 18:30; John 10:28; Romans
6:22; 1 John 5:11-13.
Eternal punishment for the wicked. No liberation nor annihilation. Matthew
25:41-46; Mark 3:29; 2 Thessalonians 1: 8,9; Revelation 20:10-15; 21:8.

NOW GIVE ME THE ....DOCTRINAL COMMITMENTS...

OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#430835 Apr 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Something to ponder:
When we are at our most darkest, our most hopeless, our most terrified (have you been there?)we go directly to Christ. He never asks our credentials, what Church we belong to, etc., He is just there for us.
Too many people have fallen into this Jesus/Allah trap of desperation.

...If God was really looking out for people in need he would have steered them away from their bad vices in the first place before they hit bottom and became desperate for anything!

..... Millions of Muslims claim Allah is their need for comfort. They swear Allah helps them. Who is right? I say none..........get professional help from your doctor.

truth

Perth, Australia

#430836 Apr 2, 2013
1 Peter 3;15
''Sanctify your Lord in your heart''..
''yes i hear voice in my heart..calling upon my name''.
be bless

#430837 Apr 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Still searching for a scripture that tells us that after we have been made a 'new creation' we can somehow go back to being the old creation as though the work God began in us was in vain. You are a silly little man. And you are a sorry excuse for a 'pastor'.
~~~

CALLING OTHERS NAME IS DOES NOT EDIFY THEM OR GOD...

Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

___

AS FOR AND ANSWER TO YOU POST...

THE BIBLE SAYS

2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

NOTE

2Pe 2:20 ---> For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.<---

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430838 Apr 2, 2013
Who ever need prayers even poor rome past away say ..i am rom..could you imagen that..who ever need Mercy ..who ever pray and call his name?

Yes i see that in tiny chapel in city i see white lady hand nice hand when i drop few tears for my Father..i see that before here yes whitey hand lady hand when i pray..
I sleep still front of Cross as well pray..i don't care to much..but i care for my prayers..nothing wrong with that no.

#430839 Apr 2, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many people have fallen into this Jesus/Allah trap of desperation.
...If God was really looking out for people in need he would have steered them away from their bad vices in the first place before they hit bottom and became desperate for anything!
..... Millions of Muslims claim Allah is their need for comfort. They swear Allah helps them. Who is right? I say none..........get professional help from your doctor.
~~~~

HAVING OBSERVED YOUR POST OVER THE YEARS...

I have witnessed your gradual rejection of all Christianity

bit by bit as you have allowed your root of bitterness and offense

against God come to fruition and now you post like a confirmed

atheist...

I feel very sorry for you...for it seems that you deem your

challenge more worthy than you do you own soul.

You are one of million that have become disenchanted by the sins

of churches,

Your soul is more worthy than your offense, you were considered

of such value by the Heavenly Father that he sent His only son to

be sacrificed for your sins..

you seem to have a much lesser value concerning you self.

Your challenge against the Roman Catholic church is not worth

losing you soul.

please consider what I have posted..

REMEMBER

GOD IS FAITHFUL EVEN IF CHURCHES ARE NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,036
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 19 hr barefoot2626 35
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
More from around the web