Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599857 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430782 Apr 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU DEFEND A MAN THAT says that he has not received deliverance AN ADMITTED HOMOSEXUAL ..
ARE YOU ONE ALSO...Is that the reason for you sudden tirade and name calling?
I was not writing to you ....are you defending him or yourself?
So you are saying you have no family members that are gay or struggling with it. If so you must be blind, deaf and dumb.
Would not suprize me one bit if your mean and prejudice, racy slurrs don't come back and bite you on your A$$.

Simply put you are a Pharasee
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#430783 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>tony has lifted him up to be very knowledgable so he is returning the favor to tony.and for no other reason. when God delivers, he doesn't stop halfway. the Bible is clear that we become a new creation in Christ, so he should not be saying that the old ways still have a hold on him
Yep, sounds like eternal security to me. We are a completely 'NEW CREATION'. Does the scripture ever state that we can be miraclously changed 'back'? Nope.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430784 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying you have no family members that are gay or struggling with it. If so you must be blind, deaf and dumb.
Would not suprize me one bit if your mean and prejudice, racy slurrs don't come back and bite you on your A$$.
~~~

I agree with Preston... in his assessment ,,,

i believe a person cannot be half

saved any more ...than a woman can be half pregnant...

You either are or you aint...

----

As for unconditional eternal security...a person can abort their

salvation just as a woman can abort her child.

Location hidden

#430785 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>tony has lifted him up to be very knowledgable so he is returning the favor to tony.and for no other reason. when God delivers, he doesn't stop halfway. the Bible is clear that we become a new creation in Christ, so he should not be saying that the old ways still have a hold on him
Some are greatly mistaken in believing once a person is saved, the devil will give up on him...nothing could be further from the truth...He intensifies his attacks....

We become a new Spiritual creature.....but the physical body with all of its weaknesses is still there...it has not changed...

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

#430786 Apr 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
AMEN...
Preston

Waverly, OH

#430787 Apr 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, sounds like eternal security to me. We are a completely 'NEW CREATION'. Does the scripture ever state that we can be miraclously changed 'back'? Nope.
still fishing for Scripture that will back up your false theology of OSAS. wont find it in the Bible.

Making us a new CREATION, doesn't mean that we wont go back to b eing lost.

JESUS MAKES, WE DESTROY, only idiots like you believe in OSAS, others do so because they are lied to by false teachers.

#430788 Apr 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying you have no family members that are gay or struggling with it. If so you must be blind, deaf and dumb.
~~~

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY RACY SLURS...

I have an international family.

Japanese, Black, Iranian, Polish German, Welsh also American Indian

Navajo ..So Don't pull your race card on me...

I don't have a barn on my mini farm and I don't have and ass..

I would like to have a few sheep..but I don't have a stream for them to

drink.

#430789 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY RACY SLURS...
I have an international family.
Japanese, Black, Iranian, Polish German, Welsh also American Indian
Navajo ..So Don't pull your race card on me...
I don't have a barn on my mini farm and I don't have and ass..
I would like to have a few sheep..but I don't have a stream for them to
drink.
~~~

Oh I forgot to mention my Ukrainian son-in-law ..

#430790 Apr 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are greatly mistaken in believing once a person is saved, the devil will give up on him...nothing could be further from the truth...He intensifies his attacks....
We become a new Spiritual creature.....but the physical body with all of its weaknesses is still there...it has not changed...
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
The Closer to God we get the more the devil attempts to derail us...

After Jesus was baptized and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him

He had His wilderness experience...

We will also have ours...

the Bible says ....

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430791 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
ONLY THE CHURCHES THAT ADHERE TO THE BIBLE ARE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCHES.
have your other books that you claim to be God's word...
More of your Protestant bible only "lies" Confrinting!!! YOU "fundies" are the ones that "threw out" 7 books of the original Canon of Scripture (beginning at the Protestant Reformation). 7 of the ORIGINAL BOOKS OF THE BIBLE that the Early Church Fathers compiled, interpreted and formed in 382,393, and 397AD. You keep "digging a deeper and deeper hole" of lies, and distorting of the TRUTH OF HISTORY AND THE BIBLE with each and every "bogus editorialized comment" that you "invent"!
truth

Perth, Australia

#430792 Apr 1, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
You need love her=wisdom.

Why you judging prophets as well killed..Jesus words is holy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430793 Apr 1, 2013
see.eve...
ve
vector
biociodiofiogiohiojiokioliomio niopioqioriosiotioviowioxiozio

bio
did i been correct
yes i am without knowing that i am..but i listen my heart i drove on map 25 km from Novosibirsk..
Why 25 km?
https://www.google.com.au/search...
medical dictators
truth

Perth, Australia

#430794 Apr 1, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Sine moj slusaj sto ti majka govori.
''love your God with heart and mind''

see
''.''.ve...
truth

Perth, Australia

#430795 Apr 1, 2013

Yes i walk trough city..maybe strange come and talk with me.
Why you so concern..did you see?
No I don't to much worried what other will say..i am not as you think..i am not come there walk with others..i simple walk follow my mind and go what i need see.

#430796 Apr 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your Protestant bible only "lies" Confrinting!!! YOU "fundies" are the ones that "threw out" 7 books of the original Canon of Scripture (beginning at the Protestant Reformation). 7 of the ORIGINAL BOOKS OF THE BIBLE that the Early Church Fathers compiled, interpreted and formed in 382,393, and 397AD. You keep "digging a deeper and deeper hole" of lies, and distorting of the TRUTH OF HISTORY AND THE BIBLE with each and every "bogus editorialized comment" that you "invent"!
___

It is not what was supposedly thrown out that concerns me..

It is what you Roman Catholics have attempted to edit in that is

diametrically apposed to God's eternal plan of salvation..

Strange doctrines fables, that are --->will worship and have absolutely

nothing to do with being ready for the coming of Our Lord and savior,,

____

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Col 2:23 ---> Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430797 Apr 1, 2013
I liked know who control telecom here.
Why you concern where i am going and what i will see
if my heart fill and lead me there then i will see what i have to see..as well i think differently then others..no its not mean that i do anything..it is as it is..it is already there..i don't spend my money there..i spend my time to much ..as look in vain..i hope ..I have hope nothing in vain according our lovely God.

#430798 Apr 1, 2013
who="MICHAEL"
For those that believe the Jesus story, how can anyone verify that he rose from the dead on Sunday, and not Saturday night? If his family came by sunday morning and saw the stone rolled away, and the tomb empty maybe he left 10:00 oclock Saturday night.
The catholic church would NEVER use saturday. That was the Jewish Sabbath, and christians would do anything not to have Jesus affiliated with his long life Jewish faith.
Christianity created the story and stole Jesus from the Jewish life he lived and died.

Each of the writers of the gospel tell us that the women went to the tomb very early in the morning on the FIRST DAY of the week. The angels who rolled the stone away were still there. Jesus Himself showed Himself to Mary, so He had not left the area. The stone wasn't rolled away so that Jesus could get out...He entered rooms with the doors locked...the stone was rolled away so that men could see that the tomb was empty.

God made the earth in six days, then rested on the seventh day. History...according to the Bible...is approximately six days old (a thousand years being one day in God's sight). The millinium (thousand years of Christ's reign on earth) will be another 'day of rest' with peace reigning on the earth.

The Sabbath was a day of rest...NO work was to be done. Jesus got up on the first day BECAUSE HE HAD WORK TO DO. He 'rested' on the Sabbath.

The first day of the week is not a Jewish Sabbath for us...it is a worship day...a day to do His work. Did you ever notice that our Christian nation recognized both Saturday and Sunday...respecting both the Jewish Sabbath and the Christian day of worship?(Not now...but everyone used to get the whole week-end for rest and worship.)

KM
Clay

United States

#430799 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
As far as you are concerned...The word of God is controlled by your
CATECHISM
WHILE
Your RELIGIOUS SYSTEM attempts to control the GRACE OF GOD..
WITH YOUR SET OF LAWS RITUALS FABLES CONJECTURE...AND IDOLATRY YOUR PRIEST HOOD AND... YOUR POPE IN ..ROME..
I LIVE UNDER GRACE...THE UNMERITED FAVOR OF GOD.
YOU WANT ME TO LIVE UNDER THE BONDAGE, SLAVERY AND EARNED FAVOR OF ROME.
NO THANK YOU..
THE WORD SAYS...
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I WILL NOT WILLFULLY BUCKLE UNDER YOUR BONDAGE
Bondage? Slavery? Earned favor of Rome??

Not exactly sir. Everyone has free will to decide to be Catholic or not. For me, if I walked away now, I would lose my salvation because I experienced the fullness of the faith here on Earth- particularly the Holy Eucharist- through the Church that Jesus Christ started. There is no turning back for people in my situation...
As for you, there are many variables to consider why you reject the teachings of His Church. Only God can see into your soul and only He can decide why you reject the teachings from the Apostles. Is it IQ level? Is it ignorance? Is it brainwashing you endured when you were younger? There are many reasons Confrint.
Some have been victims of horrible abuse by Priests and can't bring themselves to accept Catholicism because of this trauma. In this case, God will be the ultimate judge. The guilty Priests will likely spend eternity suffering for the both of them, and the victim will likely be welcomed into the Catholic Church, IN HEAVEN.

Obviously for many, there are risks once they been shown the truth in scripture; especially the definition of scripture. If they choose to continue in the world of sola scripture knowing its not what Christ taught ...well, I don't think its very smart to go that route. You'd be risking too much. But again, only God can judge the why's and why nots.
truth

Perth, Australia

#430800 Apr 1, 2013
fleshly mind
yes
Our lovely lord Jesus Christ love this world he give life for our salvation..he is Redeemer he is delivered..
What i need say about fleshly body..dead on street..
which friend do that..he will took you as hand and show to you what you will see..
now
Please tell me did you took my hand?

#430801 Apr 1, 2013
PS God created the earth, etc. SIX DAYS
God rested on the seventh day.
We are living in the second week.
The Millenial reigh will be another day of rest
for God.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 4 hr Chimney1 268
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 17 hr par five 84,327
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web