Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683926 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#430971 Apr 3, 2013
Gunslinger wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
Dumb! Your IQ must start with a decimal.

Location hidden

#430972 Apr 3, 2013
I really mean that

Location hidden

#430973 Apr 3, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Call no man Father??????????
Acts7:2
Acts&:38-39
acts&:44-45
1cor4:14-15
romans416-17
thes2@:11
1tim1:2
titus1:4
philemon1:9-10
1john2:13-14
there you have it you have apostles calling themselves father andcall others father.
Well done!

Location hidden

#430974 Apr 3, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
False
the Church teaches that saints can pray for us < read the caticism of the catholic church. The earl christians belive that Mary had no other childern, read the early church fathers.Read the caticism to see who we heap more praise on.
Well done, again.

Location hidden

#430975 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden,FACT: Catholics are taught to call their priest, "Father", as a religious title of respect. Christians in the first century never called their leaders, "father". This first happened hundreds of years later.
So what's your problem what Catholic call thier priest? Why does that bother you? Too much time on your hands!
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430976 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Matthew 13:55-56 & Mark 6:3
Cannot simply be cousins because Colossians 4:10 uses a separate Greek word. John 1:41 uses the same term of Peter and his brother.
The Catholic Catechism says of these verses: "The Church has always understood these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact James and Joseph,'brothers of Jesus,' are the sons of another Mary, a disciple of Christ..."
The Catholic church teaches that the Mary in these passages is the mother of Jesus, but Jesus brothers and sisters are children of another woman also named Mary. The children are so clearly the offspring of the "Mary" of this passage, that the Pope has come to the conclusion is must be a different Mary! Incredible!
Now read it for yourself from the scripture and see if you agree with the Catholic church that the Mary of these passages is both the mother of Jesus and the mother of James and Joseph and Simon and Judas.
Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town, and in his own household."
Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town and among his own relatives and in his own household."
In arimac ther is no word for cousin in fact to this day the middle east uses the words brothers and sisters to refer to cousins

you can also compair two passages mathew27-56 with john19:25andmark15:40-47;161 to show that james and joseph were the sons of the other mary,wife of cleophas.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#430977 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Massive list of Roman Catholic False doctrines........Transubstanti ation (real presence) is a false doctrine. Transubstantiation is a false doctrine because Jesus is not a liar: In Mt 26:29 after Jesus had said, "this is my blood" and prayed, he still referred to the contents as, "fruit of the vine". If transubstantiation of the juice into blood had occurred, as both Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches say it was at this time, then Jesus would never have referred to it as "fruit of the vine' but rather "blood". This proves that when Jesus said "take eat & drink" he LITERALLY gave them bread and juice. In like manner, Paul also refers to the elements of the Lord's Supper as "eat this bread and drink the cup" in 1 Cor 11:26 after they should be transubstantiated.
read john 6 " my body is real food my bood is real drink "
then read the early church fathers to see what they believed for confermation.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430978 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Unscripturally organized:
Pastor system (one man over church)
Unqualified men (Position worse than having no elders at all)
any organization larger than local church (world headquarters etc.)
B. Unscripturally unorganized: church has qualified men who are not elders
C. Scripturally organized: a church which has a qualified eldership
D. Scripturally unorganized:
a church without elders because no one qualified: Acts 14:1-3,6,8,21-23
a church with no elders, when qualified men could be appointed, "lacks": Tit 1:5
Conclusion:
A. There are four terms: elder, overseer, shepherd & steward
They all refer to the same thing
They are used interchangeably
The terms are not titles but teach us about the role, function and work
4. It is wrong to view pastors elders and bishops as three different offices
B. The Bible gives clear qualifications for the office which most churches ignore. The modern day "pastor system" as employed by most denominations, where one man is over the church rather than a group of men is unscriptural.
C. An elder can only oversee one local congregation
Each church is self governing and autonomous
A bishop from one church can not oversee another church
D. Churches in the Bible began with no elders but in time elders were appointed
Churches can scripturally exist either with or without elders
Do "you think" that ANY CATHOLIC who knows the TRUTH of TRUE Church HISTORY and the TRUE Interpretation of the BIBLE,--is going to believe "ANY" of this "anti-Catholic "hogwash" and "distorted rif-raf" from these (fly-by-night) "protestant editorial garbage" sources that you have "wasted your time" in "digging up"!! Again---you bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics are a "repeat performance" of Peter, before he eventually "came to his senses--and the TRUTH" of Salvation in Jesus Christ!!!-----YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#430979 Apr 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I

Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>
so sad for you.

I see you didn't answer my question,how come?
Like any other Catholic on this forum,(who ALREADY KNOWS THE TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE, by the Early Church Fathers (who discerned it, complied, wrote and put the letters and manuscripts "together" from the Apostles in 397AD)----your question and answer anti-catholic "merry-go-round" game is a "TOTAL WASTE OF TIME"! Go read TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, the CATHOLIC CATECHISM and the Encyclicals if you want answers. There is NOTHING to dicuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate over!! I/we as CAtholics "already know, embrace, believe and follow the TRUTH (without ANY doubt) and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His (one and only) Historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#430980 Apr 3, 2013
So, hey...

Catholics.

What do you all think of the new pope?

Kissing the feet of inmates, women and Muslims and all that?

Not wearing the finest garb and all?

Think he might drag you guys out of the dark ages?

I also notice that he doesn't use the bulletproof pope mobile.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430981 Apr 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrint, I followed it up like I said, and was truthful.
'It is written' is referring to the OT. You know this. And Jesus never declared which Books are to be in the OT canon.
I pity you more than anyone on here, because I think you know the truth in Catholicism. But you seem to be brainwashing yourself to ignore it. You're going to shout book chapter verse until you take your last breath. It doesn't matter to you that your interpretation of book chapter verse is not endorsed by Jesus Christ. You've convinced yourself Our Lord granted you the authority to dictate His will.
~~~

Jer_30:2 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

Dan_12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and

there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered,-->every one that shall be found written in the book.

Dan_12:4 -->But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

On judgment day when you stand before God...

___

Mal 3:13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?

Mal 3:14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?

Mal 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

IS THIS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST...

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and

-->a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts,

in that day when I make up my jewels; and

I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

THEY SHALL REIGN AS KINGS AND PRIEST

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

~~~~

You will be judged by what is written...IN A BOOK...IF YOUR NAME IS NOT THERE YOU WILL BE TURNED INTO HELL...

YOU WILL LITERALLY BE JUDGED BY THE BOOK THAT YOU IGNORE,BELITTLE AND DESPISE...BECAUSE IT SHINES IT'S LIGHT UPON YOUR UNGODLINESS

___

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:

but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430982 Apr 3, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
False
the Church teaches that saints can pray for us < read the caticism of the catholic church. The earl christians belive that Mary had no other childern, read the early church fathers.Read the caticism to see who we heap more praise on.
reading the catechism is a waist of time,it only has meaning to the R.P.C. church, because god clearly states you can not make or bow to an idol as the pagan/christian church teaches and does,it is heretical and blasphemous to do so,they changed the commandments to make it seem like it's OK only to be able to sell statues/idols,there is nothing holy about it,just like changing the Sabbath to match that of the pagan sun Constantine needed to keep both groups happy,and make lots of money in the process.the church has proven it cares more about money an power than it does about it's followers,the latest and surely not the last scandal, proves they don't care much about people,only their money.

usa

#430983 Apr 3, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Call no man Father??????????
Acts7:2
Acts&:38-39
acts&:44-45
romans416-17
thes2@:11
1tim1:2
titus1:4
philemon1:9-10
1john2:13-14
there you have it you have apostles calling themselves father andcall others father.
my post is correct,all the books you site are from the N.T. "written hundreds of years later",just like my post states.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430984 Apr 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't "God" - so please stop promoting this untruth.
<quoted text>
You are correct. Since Jesus never wrote anythign down, why do we even listen to the second hand sources?
BTW - I utilize teh teachings of Jesus, as scribed by other men. This is true, and more than I can say about the whole of Christianity, who prefer to disregard most of what Jesus taught, and ont he flipside use everyone and their brothers as sources.
You are confused.
Why do you prescribe to what men devised?
this is why you're not yet saved/born again!!!

"you will not see Me again until you can say "blessed is he who comes in the Name of the Lord!" Jesus

i'm coming in the Name of the Lord to tell you that JESUS IS GOD!!!

care to call me "blessed" and get on with it?:)

usa

#430985 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like any other Catholic on this forum,(who ALREADY KNOWS THE TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE, by the Early Church Fathers (who discerned it, complied, wrote and put the letters and manuscripts "together" from the Apostles in 397AD)----your question and answer anti-catholic "merry-go-round" game is a "TOTAL WASTE OF TIME"! Go read TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, the CATHOLIC CATECHISM and the Encyclicals if you want answers. There is NOTHING to dicuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate over!! I/we as CAtholics "already know, embrace, believe and follow the TRUTH (without ANY doubt) and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ and His (one and only) Historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!
same old story,you never ever produce no corroborating historical fact that disputes my posts about the false teachings of the church. quote from you"Historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church"unquote,2 timothy proves this statement of yours is not true,or are you going to tell me the bible is biased against the church just like every source i quote from??

usa

#430986 Apr 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
directly from the bible: Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?.....well what is your reply? the bible biased or what?

usa

#430987 Apr 3, 2013
be back later for your answer.which i doubt you'll have.
Clay

Union, NJ

#430988 Apr 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jer_30:2 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
Dan_12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and
there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered,-->every one that shall be found written in the book.
Dan_12:4 -->But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
On judgment day when you stand before God...
___
Mal 3:13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
Mal 3:14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
Mal 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
IS THIS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST...
Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and
-->a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts,
in that day when I make up my jewels; and
I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
THEY SHALL REIGN AS KINGS AND PRIEST
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
~~~~
You will be judged by what is written...IN A BOOK...IF YOUR NAME IS NOT THERE YOU WILL BE TURNED INTO HELL...
YOU WILL LITERALLY BE JUDGED BY THE BOOK THAT YOU IGNORE,BELITTLE AND DESPISE...BECAUSE IT SHINES IT'S LIGHT UPON YOUR UNGODLINESS
___
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:
but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
I think if you were alive 2,000 yrs ago, you'd be the chief scribe or head of the Pharisees that killed Jesus and His followers for 'not obeying the word'.
(the Word according to YOU that is.)

Location hidden

#430989 Apr 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 14 v 14
King James Bible
If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time
will I wait, till my change come.
Daniel 12:13
But go you your way till the end be: for you shall rest, and stand in
your lot at the end of the days.
Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this:
Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the
Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow
them."
----------
----------
Psalm 16:5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot
secure.
----------
----------
Isaiah 57:2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest
as they lie in death.
----------
----------
Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll
until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase
knowledge."
1 Corinthians 4:5 KJV
King James Version
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come , who
both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make
manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have
praise of God.
Now we know you have access to a Bible.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430990 Apr 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you were alive 2,000 yrs ago, you'd be the chief scribe or head of the Pharisees that killed Jesus and His followers for 'not obeying the word'.
(the Word according to YOU that is.)
~~~~

You need to read your BIBLE

THE WORDS OF JESUS WERE...AND HE DOES NOT LIE.

Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me,

but I lay it down of myself.

I have power to lay it down, and

I have power to take it again.

This commandment have I received of my Father.

~~~

IT WAS OUR SINS THAT NAILED JESUS TO THE CROSS...yours and mine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 16 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web