Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,167
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
socci

Cameron, MO

#430582 Mar 31, 2013

Jesus crucified on Friday the prep day resurrected Sunday morn following the double-Sabbath!

www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com

Dispelling myths!

Three days according to Hebrew reckoning!

day one - Friday
day two - Sabbath
day three - Sunday

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430583 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
Jesus crucified on Friday the prep day resurrected Sunday morn following the double-Sabbath!
Dispelling myths!
day one - Friday
day two - Sabbath
day three - Sunday
Does the phrase BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE mean anything to you,LOL,LOL? It SHOULD.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#430584 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
No it does not and you have proven no such thing.
You're so right. I didn't prove it. YOU DID.
Preston

Waverly, OH

#430585 Mar 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Better be careful what you find online and try to use as a study aid. Can you handle the Massoratic Text? Have you ever even heard of them?
lol, you cant even spell it right. it is the Jewish Masoretic Text which the KJV is the most comparable to it.mine dates back to the year 1956.

tony, I just woke up and the Lord dealt with me about you. for He said that you are no teacher of His Word.for reasons that I am not going to discuss.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#430586 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Catholic for the first 40 years of my life..what you are saying is gospel truth. During that period of my life, I was a staunch defender of my religion...to the point of physical confrontations to silence the "holy rollers"..as we called Protestants...who tried in vain to share the truth with me!!!!
You guys look stupid when you lie. You said you were a staunch defender of the Catholic faith for 40 yrs!! lol. You still don't have a clue about some basic Catholic teachings! What in thee Heck were you using to defend them??
Marylou

Gaffney, SC

#430587 Mar 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THOSE THAT CALL EVIL GOOD...
Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Isa 5:18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
Isa 5:19 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!
Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isa 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
Isa 5:23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust:
because
they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts,
and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
. Yet you post evil and ugliness here every day and proudly consider yourself good. You are like the one that prays loudly on the street corner to show everyone how "holy" you think you ate. Such hypocrisy.
youtube

AOL

#430588 Mar 31, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Clay

United States

#430589 Mar 31, 2013
Marylou wrote:
<quoted text>. Yet you post evil and ugliness here every day and proudly consider yourself good. You are like the one that prays loudly on the street corner to show everyone how "holy" you think you ate. Such hypocrisy.
Indeed, he declared himself an authority on sacred scripture and manipulates the Good Book to beat Catholics over the head with. He uses the Bible for his own personal vendetta.
I would describe more than a few of these guys as 'modern day scribes and pharisees', who manipulated the Sacred Scriptures to their own advantage; trashing Christ, beating Him with the 'word of God' and condemning Him to death. His Catholic Church does not fare much better these days.
Clay

United States

#430590 Mar 31, 2013
Wow the new special issue "Time Magazine" with Pope Francis on the cover is one of the most pathetic piece of crap I ever read.
One or two pages are about Pope Francis. The next hundred are about turmoil in the Church. A couple pages on an ex Priest who fell in love with some divorced chick and now is an Episcopal priest and marries gay couples. Another is on a nun who wants to be a Priest. A few pages are on 4 or 5 bad Popes. The last articles are on American Catholic statistics on contraception and Priestly celibacy. lol. You'd think Michael wrote the issue! They both think Catholic teachings are determined by popular cultural opinions!!

In other words: "Time Magazine" fears Pope Francis and the Catholic Church - the pillar and bulwark of truth. If they can trash this Church and make them go away, they can feel more at ease about their life choices.

Bulwark definition: A wall raised as a defensive fortification; Protection against external danger.

"The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
~Jesus Christ
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430591 Mar 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask you a question please?? Are you Catholic? You appear to have a grasp on the scriptures that most posters and members of the RCC simply does not possess and I was puzzled by your moniker.
No I Am Not Catholic. I was raised in the Baptist, Assembly of God, Pentecost and when I was very young Church of Christ with family members, then to the Baptist til Dad and Mom got back into Church when I was about 10.

I was Baptised in the Baptist Church.
I believe there is some truth mixed with false doctrine in most all of them as per scropture Harlot and her Daughters (protestants church's keeping the traditions of the RCC)

I have attended various other church's as an adult closest to a Catholic was the episcopal church.

I read and study with family and friends attend church on occasions when I feel well enough to.

The Avatar just represents a Universal weekly cycle woth the 7th referring to the Sabbath.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430592 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
Dispelling myths!
day one - Friday
day two - Sabbath
day three - Sunday
Daniel 9 is a dual prophecy concerning the 70 weeks determined upon Daniels people.

9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430593 Mar 31, 2013
THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.
JUST LIKE IT WAS 2000 YEARS AGO,WHEN JESUS WALKED THE EARTH RELIGIOUS DENOMINATIONS PERSECUTING ANOTHER CLAIMING TO BE THE REAL CHURCH OF CHRIST.
KILLING EACH OTHER TO SHOW GODS LOVE.

GOD PLEASE FORGIVE US FOR MAKING IT ALL ABOUT US.
WHEN ITS ALL ABOUT YOUR SON JESUS THE CHRIST.

ITS ALL ABOUT YOU JESUS; I AM SORRY FOR THE THINGS I HAVE MADE IT WHEN ITS ALL ABOUT YOU JESUS.
Happy Easter .
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430595 Mar 31, 2013
hermeneutics Smeutics wrote:
<quoted text>SERA SWEETHEART: THIS ONE IS FOR YOU ONLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_iW_urQ3GM4XX
Herme, that is so sweet I would say Sere is a very blessed woman.
God Bless you both Happy Easter.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430596 Mar 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible "also" has something to say about "heretical preachers" like you, who call "good"---"evil "!!!
Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?
Clay

United States

#430597 Mar 31, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?
The proof of Apostolic succession is not based soley on any individual Bible verse.
The proof is in how the Bible came to be....by Apostolic succession.
The Bible was the result of hundreds of yrs of Catholic sacred tradition. Among the sacred traditions was the Holy Mass, where scripture readings were said prior to the partaking of the Holy Eucharist. Many of these readings made it into the New Testament canon in the 4th century. Some - like the Epistles of Clement - did not.

You see, Apostolic succession. Church hierarchy. Teaching Magistrium of the Catholic Church. Popes, Bishops and sacred traditions were all in place and eventually bore fruit to the NT. This authority added 27 books to the OT Scriptures.
Christ nor the Apostles ever commanded them to do it.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430598 Mar 31, 2013
Daniel 9

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto [the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks,] and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he (Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

God/Christ is the one who we made a covenant with. The sacrifice ceased at his crucifixion in the middle of the week, also the year for a day prophecy according to the 70 weeks 470 days/years to the stoning of Steven 35 years on to the destruction of the temple another 35 years. Actually it could be a three fold prophecy.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#430599 Mar 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof of Apostolic succession is not based soley on any individual Bible verse.
The proof is in how the Bible came to be....by Apostolic succession.
The Bible was the result of hundreds of yrs of Catholic sacred tradition. Among the sacred traditions was the Holy Mass, where scripture readings were said prior to the partaking of the Holy Eucharist. Many of these readings made it into the New Testament canon in the 4th century. Some - like the Epistles of Clement - did not.
You see, Apostolic succession. Church hierarchy. Teaching Magistrium of the Catholic Church. Popes, Bishops and sacred traditions were all in place and eventually bore fruit to the NT. This authority added 27 books to the OT Scriptures.
Christ nor the Apostles ever commanded them to do it.
1 Cor. 5:3-5; 16:22; 1 Tim. 1:20; Gal 1:8; Matt 18:17 – these verses show the authority of the elders to excommunicate / anathemize ("deliver to satan").

2 Cor. 2:17 - Paul says the elders are not just random peddlers of God's word. They are actually commissioned by God. It is not self-appointed authority.

2 Cor. 3:6 – Paul says that certain men have been qualified by God to be ministers of a New Covenant. This refers to the ministerial priesthood of Christ handed down the ages through sacramental ordination.

2 Cor. 5:20 - Paul says we are "ambassadors" for Christ. This means that the apostles and their successors share an actual participation in Christ's mission, which includes healing, forgiving sins, and confecting the sacraments.

2 Cor. 10:6 – in reference to the ordained, Paul says that they are ready to punish every disobedience. The Church has the authority excommunicate those who disobey her.

2 Cor. 10:8 - Paul acknowledges his authority over God's people which the Lord gave to build up the Church.

1 Thess. 5:12-13 - Paul charges the members of the Church to respect those who have authority over them.

2 Thess. 3:14 - Paul says if a person does not obey what he has provided in his letter, have nothing to do with him.

1 Tim. 5:17 - Paul charges the members of the Church to honor the appointed elders (“priests”) of the Church.

Titus 2:15 - Paul charges Timothy to exhort and reprove with all authority, which he received by the laying on of hands.

Heb. 12:9 – in the context of spiritual discipline, the author says we have had earthly fathers (referring to the ordained leaders) to discipline us and we respected them.

Heb. 13:7,17 - Paul charges the members of the Church to remember and obey their leaders who have authority over their souls.

"And thus preaching through countries and cities, they appointed the first-fruits [of their labours], having first proved them by the Spirit, to be bishops and deacons of those who should afterwards believe. Nor was this any new thing, since indeed many ages before it was written concerning bishops and deacons. For thus saith the Scripture a certain place,'I will appoint their bishops s in righteousness, and their deacons in faith.'... Our apostles also knew, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and there would be strife on account of the office of the episcopate. For this reason, therefore, inasmuch as they had obtained a perfect fore-knowledge of this, they appointed those [ministers] already mentioned, and afterwards gave instructions, that when these should fall asleep, other approved men should succeed them in their ministry...For our sin will not be small, if we eject from the episcopate those who have blamelessly and holily fulfilled its duties." Pope Clement, Epistle to Corinthians, 42, 44 (A.D. 98).

http://scripturecatholic.com/apostolic_succes...

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430600 Mar 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~`
You cannot Biblically call what I have posted evil with out
You cannot cite any history beyond that of the Roman Catholic
What is so terrible about the whole mess is your obsession to fables and conjecture and the gambling of your own soul against empty rhetoric.
The bible is NOT the source of evil but bible only preachers like YOU who distort, manipulate and falsely editorialize the true meaning of the bible, have proven to ALL of us Catholic that it is YOU that has emerged as the SOURCE OF EVIL!...Quite frankly, "I couldn't care less, as to what believe. I/We as Catholics (know) "without a doubt" that the Catholic Church is, has and will ALWAYS BE, Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years.---As you continue to "make up" your own bible only (inconsistent and contradicting) History book of mtths and legends, and worshiping your (mis-interpreted bible verses, we as Catholics will "just continue" to WORSHIP follow, believe, and accept Jesus Christ, AS LORD AND SAVIOR (each day) at daily Mass, in which the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, and His Salvation, is proclaimed "EVERY DAY" at daily Mass, in Our Lords One (and only true) Apostolic Catholic Church. Go play your (merry-go-round) "bible verse (mis- quoting) game with the rest of your 42.000 other inconsistent bible only (buffoons). Your (heretical) false teachings don't interest ANY of us Catholics.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430601 Mar 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor pathetic misguided blind and deaf fool...
Yes---I "was" a pathetic, misguided blind and a deaf fool", until God, through His Son Jesus, and the leading of the Holy Spirit (finally) led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH of TRUE Salvation and TRUE faith in Jesus Christ in and through His One (and ONLY) True Catholic Church, after 35 years of being "shackled in the bondage" of Protestant bible only hypocricy, bigotry, lies and deception.......... 42,000= Contradicting and conflicting (hodge-podge) of Protestant, confusion, condemnation and chaos!!!!!
YOU CAN HAVE IT!! IT IS "ALL" YOURS!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430602 Mar 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The history of Rome since day 01.
If others are wrong about this or that, that is their problem, and we can all debate this. But, to claim to be vicar of christ god on earth only true church while using false books is not debatable or christian at all.
There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, and NOTHING to deliberate over! Over 2000 years of historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH by the writings, documents and manuscripts from the historical records from the Early Church Fathers, the Apologistic Historian authors (both Catholic and Protestant) and the biographical documented writings from the Lives of the Saints--CONFIRM IT AS TRUE over and over again, that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and authenticated HIS ONE (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church in Matthew 16:13-21.
END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 14 min Doc Caliban 9
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr kent 83,896
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Married in 8,689
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web