Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,950
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430500 Mar 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your kind words. God Bless you!
Your welcome. Our weather is finally taking a turn to warmer,and less chilly.We have seen a lot of snow,and many stormy days.

Looking forward to tomorrow,to be with other believers and to ponder on those things which are so important to us who are looking forward to eternal life.Nevertheless,I am trying to make life here as peacful for me and my family as possible.Enjoy your family,as often that is all we have in this life.

Do the Orthodox celebrate Easter the same time as the RCs? I forgot,getting old and rusty Seraphima.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430501 Mar 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>not to familiar with The Thompson Chain reference Bible,will have to check it out,could be interesting reading to see they difference between others i have read.
Many Bibles and the translations are good and useful.We know that the scholars involved in writing them often used their skills of learning and research to pen proper understandable writ,to confirm the older translations as well.Not that I would accept every translation,but that the majority are carefully kept in line with the main translations used for decades!
Marylou

Knoxville, TN

#430502 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Church does not have to be debunked since it was never proven to begin with. It is just a threat to the world, like Islam.

Are you so unhappy in your walk with God that you feel the need to attack the faith of others? Find the peace of God within your soul and learn what it means to be a Christian. PUT AWAY YOUR HATRED - IT IS NOT FROM GOD.

Blessed are the peacemakers.
Marylou

Knoxville, TN

#430503 Mar 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Written like a true infidel, that expects to get into heaven by serving a corruptible man in Rome Italy.
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
You label others as infidels yet you are barely literate and misspelled your own name.

Dear Lord. What can be done for such ignorance? You break the heart of Jesus with your prideful hatred. How many years have you spent this way? So sad for you.

Jesus is the head of the Catholic church. He is the only way to salvation. JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT. HE CAN SET YOU FREE.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430504 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Church does not have to be debunked since it was never proven to begin with. It is just a threat to the world, like Islam.
The FACT is socci,God allowed all that we see for His purpose.Even though His perfect Will may not be seen,we see His mercy and tollerance exercised in the fact that there are solid witnesses of truth in all affiliations of Christian endeavor.

I find dogmatic assertations that any Christian affiliation is anti-Christ to be against what Jesus said of divided kingdoms."A kingdom divided against itself will cease." Christians all have the same sources of keeping the truth alive.

If there are 100 people within a denomination or church who do not have a clue,there are at least ten who do,and they continue to witness to the truth.

The testimony of the righteous can be found in every church,denomination and group or congregation.

Christians who are serious with God in Christ will herald the real and living truth as to WHO and WHAT Jesus is,regardless of their traditions and practices.The Holy Spirit knows no barriers when it comes to the Christians,He looks beyond their differences,and brings about a unity that is Christ-centered.

We always meet believers who are in love with Jesus in every affiliation that claims to be Christian.EVEN the cults have people who love Jesus and worship Him by their lives,good conduct,good and righteous living.Yes we have His standard,but He is omnipresent,and all affiliations in Christ are given the true witness of Who and What Jesus is in truth.

To catorgorize any group as to being anti-Christ is to say that the Holy Spirit is not able to penetrate their wall of faith which is first of all desiring to be in Communion with Christ.

However I also believe that many obstacles are rising in all denominations:greed,malice,inf ighting and so on to challenge the delicate fiber of truth in us all.

Some no doubt are more in sync with Christ than others,but the gospel and the truth concerning HIM,is to be shared,not to be locked away in a dogmatic collection of beliefs,causing us to be isolated rather than to be transparent for the glory of God.AS HE wants to share with us all the beauty and majesty of His dear Son.All Christians must be convinced of His love,not just some of us.The light of Christ is for all believers,not just a handful who want to isloate themselves for puritanical reasons.

When I hear about sins and violations of Christians anywhere in the Christian world,naturally I am sadened,but I know that the Light of Christ is to expose sin,not to allow it to fester into maggots. We are called to be light bearers,and actually the whole of Christianity has that LIGHT,We can illumine the human race with the truth,but we also can bring darkness by our actions as well.

However we are also called to expose the darkness,submitting to the light and truth of the Precious Holy Spirit.That is painful!And all through history the forces of GOOD,and evil, have warred against one another.Our time is no different!
Marylou

Knoxville, TN

#430505 Mar 30, 2013
Jesus died so that we can have eternal life. ALL OF US. You should be joyfully glorifying the name of God instead of bickering amongst yourself over who is the better Christian. It is just like when the Apostles argued over which one of them was Jesus's favorite. All these years later and you "christians" have learned nothing.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430506 Mar 30, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>Three days and three nights - It will be seen in the account of the resurrection of Christ that he was in the grave but two nights and a part of three days. See Matthew 18:6. This computation is, however, strictly in accordance with the Jewish mode of reckoning. If it had "not" been, the Jews would have understood it, and would have charged our Saviour as being a false prophet, for it was well known to them that he had spoken this prophecy, Matthew 27:63. Such a charge, however, was never made; and it is plain, therefore, that what was "meant" by the prediction was accomplished. It was a maxim, also, among the Jews, in computing time, that a part of a day was to be received as the whole. Many instances of this kind occur in both sacred and profane history. See 2 Chronicles 10:5, 2 Chronicles 10:12; Genesis 42:17-18. Compare Esther 4:16 with Esther 5:1.
Christ was buried three days and three nites. A day began at sunset and ended at sunset. Any event, no matter how much time it took, was counted as the full day (24) hours.

The three days/nite began at sunset on Thursday and ended at sunset Sunday (72 hours.) The sabbath was the weekly sabbath (Saturday).

He was buried before sunset on Friday....1 night...1 day.
Friday from sunset to Saturday sunset...1 night...1 day.
Saturday at sunset to Sunday sunset...1 night...1 day.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#430507 Mar 30, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews DO NOT believe in sons of God or the trinity, why then would Jesus be born a Jew, practice his faith as a Jew, if he claimed to be the son of God, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?
makes no common sense.......
Your right to an extent,the Jews were not taught to worship a Son of God,that does not mean there is no S O N.Jews had to be unlike their neighbors who for the most part worshipped everything under the sun.Yes we know there are sons of gods and goddesses.The Greeks and Romans have long captured the history of the Ancient occupiers of Europe and elsewhere.

Their philosophers had very accurate teachings on life and troubles,on the mystifying elements of the spiritual world.The JEWS had to disassociate themselves with pagans and ancient religions,but they also embraced practices and were often punished because they compromised their strong beliefs for paying homage to some idol.

Jewish or Hebrew women often sacrificed to heathen goddesses for fertility,wearing the medals donated to idols,infuriating the God of Israel.

Zoroastrian beliefs which came from Ancient Iran influenced Hebrew slaves who were in Babylon and what is now Iran,and Iraq.

Jesus is the Blessed H O P E,the Son of Promise who would open human hearts to the truth of His Father.Revelation is what counts in connection with the destiny and future of the Jewish people.Even today as there are so many in this world who are traditional Jews,the desire of God to give them the fulfillment of their Messiah remains with them.

Who is the Messiah?What relationship does he have with God the Father?

How will the Messiah usher in the kingdom of the Father to the Jews who so long for His coming?

All these things are important,and whether or not the Jews see Jesus or Yeshua as the true Messiah already sent by God,in no way destroys their traditional teaching that God had for them as His CHOSEN people from the time of Abraham.

It will be revelation that has to be experienced by the Jews of this time period,and that is already in concert with what God has promised to them of old.Yeshua being the Son of God does not bother the Jews,it is what they expected the Son should do,USHER or introduce the powerful regning majesty of God as Victor over all the kingdoms of this world.

The Jews in Jesus' time wanted a conquering Messiah,who would destroy the Roman despot kingdom.It would not have mattered whether that Messiah called himself the Son of God or not.JESUS totally disappointed teh Jews of His day,because He came as a servant,humble,meek,and a lamb to the slaughter,no Roman would be defeated.

Location hidden

#430508 Mar 30, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>He stated he would RATHER be.
Also other passages in scripture tell us the appointed time.
Philippians 3
11 If by any means ....[I might attain unto the resurrection of the
dead.]...
12 [Not as though I had already attained], either were already
perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which
also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one
thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching
forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in
Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in
any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the
same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so
as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you
even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory
is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
[20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for
the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who .......[shall]......... change our vile body, that it may be
fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working
whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.]
1 Thessalonians 4
Comfort from Knowledge of Christ's Return
13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them
who are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others who have no hope.
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also
who sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we who are
alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not precede them
who are asleep.
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with
the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in
Christ shall rise first:
17Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with
them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever
be with the Lord.
18Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Corinthians 15:52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the
last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised
imperishable, and we will be changed.
1 Thessalonians 3:13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be
blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord
Jesus comes with all his holy ones.
"He stated he would RATHER be." rather be is in one of the verses...it is clear you either did not understand the message in the two verses,or you do, but can't admit it...

Thanks for the response..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430509 Mar 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before:--You can continue to "list" and "worship" your bible verses.......For it is like Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 "you will know my disciples by the "fruit they produce! Beware of false teachers for you will know them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit"!! My family and I will continue to worship and proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior His, life, death and resurrection (each and every day) at Daily Mass and the Eucharist, in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church--and pray for you and KayMarie
A blessed Easter to you and your family!
~~~

You wrote

"For it is like Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 "you will know my disciples by the "fruit they produce! Beware of false teachers for you will know them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit"!!

You have condemned your religion by your own post...

THE FRUITS OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM ACROSS THE WORLD HAS SET THE STAGE

FOR THE SEXUAL REVOLUTION ...GAY MARRIAGE, HOMOSEXUALITY AND SODOMY

IT HAS BEEN STRENGTHENED BY YOUR PERVERTED

PRIESTHOOD...AND APPROVED BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC

BECAUSE,

YOU MEMBERS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID NOT SPEAK OUT NOR PROTEST IT....

YOU HAVE EITHER KEPT SILENT, OR DEFENDED THE ONES THAT WERE INVOLVED.

INSTEAD OF COMING OUT PUBLICLY AGAINST IT...

YOU FEARED YOUR LEADERS SO MUCH THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE WORLD THE

OPINION THAT YOU APPROVED IT.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#430510 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the comma is placed correct Jesus is simply telling the new convert he is saved as of Today, not that they will be going to Heaven. Jesus did not go to Heaven, then why would he lie to the new convert. He didnt.
The dead sleep until the Second Coming, just as Lazarus did. Jesus said plainly "Lazarus sleeps". When Jesus called Lazarus He did not call Lazarus down from Heaven. He said "COME FORTH!" Not: "come down."
GREAT point! However, if the spirit is with the LORD and not the body,we are waiting for the resurrection of a NEW body that which is like unto Christ's glorified Body.

It really does not matter if one beleives that the spirit is with the Lord,but that we believe in the resurrection of both the body and spirit to be a glorified living soul,a Body that only the LORD has the power to resurrect.

Naturally we would be asleep in that our bodies are waiting for that final resurrection,that has never happened until Christ.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430511 Mar 30, 2013
Marylou wrote:
Jesus died so that we can have eternal life. ALL OF US. You should be joyfully glorifying the name of God instead of bickering amongst yourself over who is the better Christian. It is just like when the Apostles argued over which one of them was Jesus's favorite. All these years later and you "christians" have learned nothing.

Mary, we are told all of the faith of Jesus are saved. However there are others of Babylon's Harlot who are lost.

If you read the Bible tell us who has the mark of the beast? What is the beast and who has his mark?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430512 Mar 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Many Bibles and the translations are good and useful.We know that the scholars involved in writing them often used their skills of learning and research to pen proper understandable writ,to confirm the older translations as well.Not that I would accept every translation,but that the majority are carefully kept in line with the main translations used for decades!
of course there are different translations of the bible,cause each church tries a different way to attract people to come to their church,it's like a contest for money an power.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430513 Mar 30, 2013
here it is just about 24 hrs. and not one catholic answered my questions,yet they still believe they belong to the true church,when the bible itself denies that fact.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430514 Mar 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
If there are 100 people within a denomination or church who do not have a clue,there are at least ten who do,and they continue to witness to the truth.

The same argument can be made against immigration; if out of 100 new immigrants to the USA 10 find the Bible as truth that means 90 do not showing the suicidal policy of Latin immigration; soon the nation will be just another Latin American state. This is the plan and what we see happening.

If 100 Muslims have 10 who have a clue about truth what should they do? The same could be said for Mormons who use the book of Mormon which is an uninspired book.

"The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ." CBC News (Jul 10, 2007)

Petrus Romanus Lecture
http://youtu.be/_cXu5rHhmcc
jethro

Weymouth, MA

#430516 Mar 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
You wrote
you are being filled with the ideals of one certain group that only uses books that promotes their agenda,and that is to draw as many people to the church for the sole purpose of making money.
---
You are right in you assessment of books written by certain groups...
While some my not attempt to edit the word of God, as the Roman
Catholics do, yet when you go to their concordances, it is laced with
their own interpretations and applications of the scriptures.
As an example. the Schofield Bible is Baptist......and the references in the concordance is Baptist .
The Thompson Chain reference Bible is a Bible with no denominational
applications Neither is the 26, translation Bible that I use.
A Thompson study Bible will help you in ways other Bibles cannot. Its the unique Chain-Reference System that allows you to follow any subject, person, place or idea, from the front of your Bible to the end. Thompson Bible users say it's the best way to study your Bible. No other Bible has this superb, patented, "Chain-Reference System" developed by Dr. Frank C. Thompson in 1890. Since that time, the publisher, Kirkbride Bible Company, has been adding thousands of additional topics and links. The Thompson you buy today has over 100,000 links covering over 7,000 topics. Every page is stuffed with treasure. Your Thompson Study Bible will become a trusted friend.
JETHRO:do you belong to a bible study group?? that seems to be what this bible is all about.
jethro

Weymouth, MA

#430517 Mar 30, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true. The lie always sits outside the translation, which is why there is a Book of Mormons, Watch Tower and a book of Catholicism, because there lie sits outside the Bible. I know, because I am the Black Pope of the world and that includes my bastard child, the Catholic church.
I suppose god made you pope of the world??
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430518 Mar 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"He stated he would RATHER be." rather be is in one of the verses...it is clear you either did not understand the message in the two verses,or you do, but can't admit it...
Thanks for the response..
Look in the mirror.

Maybe you don;t understand what is written:

=

>

>>

Show resources

Add parallel

1 Corinthians 15:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Marylou

Douglasville, GA

#430520 Mar 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, we are told all of the faith of Jesus are saved. However there are others of Babylon's Harlot who are lost.
If you read the Bible tell us who has the mark of the beast? What is the beast and who has his mark?
. Pray for wisdom and love in your heart. Only God is judge.
jethro

Weymouth, MA

#430521 Mar 30, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true. The lie always sits outside the translation, which is why there is a Book of Mormons, Watch Tower and a book of Catholicism, because there lie sits outside the Bible. I know, because I am the Black Pope of the world and that includes my bastard child, the Catholic church.
sorry but i don't put much stock in a church started by a new York farmer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 8,878
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web