Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,745)

Showing posts 414,881 - 414,900 of511,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic writers try to teach that the church could never go into error and is preserved from error. The Catechism For Adults on page 56 says, "Why can't the Catholic Church ever teach error? Because Jesus promised to be always with His Church to protect it from error." The book, "My Catholic Faith" which is based heavily on materials from the Baltimore Catechism, was given to me by my father not long after I was converted. I think his intentions were that somehow it would cause me to return to the Catholic Church. It says on page 144, "Jesus Christ promised to preserve the Church from error." On page 145, it says, "Jesus Christ commanded all men to listen to and obey the Church, under pain of damnation. If His Church can teach error then He is responsible for the error, by commanding all to obey." On page 54 the Catechism For Adults says, "Does everyone have to obey the Catholic Church? Yes, because she alone has the authority of Jesus to rule and to teach." It is easy to see that Catholics have the authority in the wrong place. The authority is not in the body, but in the Head (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18). The ruling is not in the kingdom, but in the King (Heb. 7:1-2; Rev. 1:5-6). The authority is in not in the church, but in Christ (Matt. 28:18; 1 Pet. 3:22). The church is not the Savior, but simply the body of the saved (Acts 2:47; Eph. 5:22-24).

There are many passages in the New Testament which reveal that the church would not be preserved from error. Acts 20:17, 28-30; 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 1 Tim. 4:1-3; 2 Tim. 4:3-4; 2 Thess. 2:3-11. We see from these passages that there was to come a great falling away from the truth. In Acts chapter twenty we learn that perverse things would come from the bishops of the church. Peter said (2 Pet. 2) that false teachers would arise among you (working from within) and there would be many who would follow them. Paul tell us (2 Thess. 2) that the apostasy was already underway, "for the mystery of iniquity is already at work..." (Verse 7). It started in Paul's day and was to continue until the second coming of Christ. He added, "...Whom the Lord Jesus will slay with the breath of his mouth and will destroy with the brightness of his coming."

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

he seven short epistles to seven churches of Asia in the book of Revelation reveal the relationship the church sustains to Christ (See Rev. chapters 2 and 3; see especially 2:1-5, 12-14, 18-20; 3:1-3, 14-15). Those verses plainly reveal that when a church continues in Christ's word, it keeps its identity as His church, but when it fails to abide in His word, it is not longer regarded as His church. Also, they reveal that Christ did not establish His church as one that could never fall into error, because some of those churches went into error. Someone might say that the passages in Revelation referred to the various parishes or congregations rather than the whole church. It is true that the verses were speaking of local churches; nevertheless, the same principle that applied to them relates to the whole church. The Lord does not have a rule for one congregation which is not equally applicable to all. If one church is rejected for embracing error, all others who likewise embrace error are rejected. The early churches had to earnestly contend for the faith, and to continually be on guard against error arising from within. The doctrine of an "infallible church" causes the Catholic Church to fail in this. The Catholic Church is a church which neither recognizes nor corrects its errors.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Reason I Left Was Because Christ Did Not Make Peter A Pope.

In the books of men, the following titles are commonly used with reference to a man: "Pope," "Holy Father," "Vicar of Christ," "Sovereign Pontiff." All of these are titles that rightly belong only to the Lord Jesus Christ and to God the Father. There is not a single instance in the Scriptures where any of the above titles are applied to a man. The term, "Holy Father" is used only once in the entire Bible, and it is used by Jesus in addressing God the Father.(John 17:11). Among the above titles is the bold assertion that the Pope is the "Vicar of Christ." A "vicar" is "One serving as a substitute or agent; one authorized to perform the functions of another in higher office." (Webster). When one searches the Bible from cover to cover, he finds only one passage which gives an indication of a vicar of Christ or God. It is 2 Thess. 2:3-4 and is worded as follows: "Let no one deceive you in any way, for the day of the Lord will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and is exalted above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he sits in the temple of God and gives himself out as if he were God."

Some religionists today advocate that man is saved by faith only. However, there is only one passage in the entire Bible that has the words "faith" and "only" together and it says, "not by faith only" (James 2:24). The Catholics today speak of the Pope as vicar, taking the place of God (Christ Himself is God, Matt. 1:23; John 1:1), yet there is only one passage in the entire Bible which speaks of a man doing such and it calls him "the man of sin."

James Cardinal Gibbons, a Catholic Archbishop said, "Jesus our Lord, founded but one Church, which He was pleased to build on Peter. Therefore, any church that does not recognize Peter as its foundation stone is not the Church of Christ, and therefore cannot stand, for it is not the work of God." (The Faith of Our Fathers, p. 82). The apostle Paul said, "For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus" (1 Cor. 3:11). There is no other foundation but Christ! Therefore, any church which does not recognize Christ alone as the foundation stone cannot be the church of Christ.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Catholic writers often speak of "the primacy of Peter" and "the primacy of the Pope." However, Col. 1:18, speaking of Christ, says, "And he is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead; that in all things he may hold the primacy..." Thus, with reference to the authority in the church, the Lord Jesus Christ holds the primacy in all things. This leaves nothing for the Pope!

Catholics claim that the Pope is the visible head of the church. The Catholic book Answer Wisely, by Martin J. Scott says on p. 49, "The pope, therefore, as vicar of Christ, is the visible head of Christ's kingdom on earth, the Church, of which Christ Himself is the invisible head." The book Father Smith Instructs Jackson, by John F. Noll and Lester J. Fallon, on page 42 says, "According to the will of Christ, all its members profess the same faith, have the same worship and Sacraments, and are united under the one and same visible head, the Pope." Catholic officials always use the word "visible" no doubt thinking that it removes the thought of the Pope standing in opposition to the headship of Christ, and removes the apparent problem of having a church with two heads. Nonetheless, the Scriptures nowhere teach the idea of a visible and invisible head. Jesus said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." (Matt. 28:18; Emp. mine D.R.). Luke 17:20-21 says, "And on being asked by the Pharisees,'When is the kingdom of God coming?' he answered and said to them, The kingdom of God comes unawares. Neither will they say,'Behold, here it is,' or 'Behold, there it is.' For behold the kingdom of God is within you." The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom and therefore needs only a spiritual head or king.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
same damn thing! my father is/was catholic and my mother syrian orthodox and i was a spiritually crazy & mixed up kid
No it is not the "same damn thing"

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Catholics often use the expression, "One fold and one shepherd" to sustain the doctrine of the papacy.(See Catechism For Adults, p. 59). They teach that the "one shepherd" is the Pope and the "one fold" represents the Catholic Church. Hear what Jesus said about it: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep...I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, even as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for my sheep. And other sheep I have that are not of this fold. Them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold and one shepherd." (John 10:11, 14-16). Jesus is that one good shepherd. If one can understand that one and one equals two, he can understand this. If one is subject to Christ as the one shepherd--that's one. If one is subject to the Pope as the one Shepherd--that's two!..Conclusion:

There are other reasons why I left the Catholic Church. I have simple tried to list some of the ones that made the greatest impression on me at the time of my conversion. I hope and pray that these things will be of some benefit to those who are making an honest inquiry regarding truth. I beseech and invite all my Catholic friends and relatives to examine these things in the light of God's holy Word. May God be with you in your endeavors to serve Him.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Why I Left The Catholic Church
Testimonial #2 by Joseph C. Malone
Find the true church in your own home town!

Catholics Disregard The Word Of God

I left the Roman Catholic Church because of its disregard for the Word of God. Should any be inclined to take issue with that statement relative to the attitude of the Catholic Church, let me remind you that the Catholic Church maintains that "the Bible is a dead letter and unable to interpret itself." Yet in the Bible, whether Catholic or not, we read, "The word of God is living and powerful [quick and active], and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). That is Heaven's pronouncement in regard to the matter. Further the Catholic Church asserts, "We do not in anywise presuppose that the books of the New Testament are inspired, but, rather, they are only genuine, authentic documents written by honest men." John, one of the writers of the New Testament, wrote, "Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me,'Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on' " (Revelation 14:13). That is either an inspired statement or John was dishonest and, in either case, the Catholic Church would be in error.

Paul, another one of the writers of the New Testament, wrote, "If any one thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord" (I Corinthians 14:37). The attitude of the Catholic Church is the attitude of Diotrephes, "... but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words" (III John 9, 10).

The Bible becomes a "dead letter" to those whose doctrine it condemns; but, in the words of Paul, here is the attitude toward the Bible of those who respect heaven's way. "Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness: that the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work" (II Timothy 3:16, 17).

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Catholics Claim That New Testament Is Uninspired

Not only does the Catholic Church contend that the Bible is a "dead letter" and the New Testament is uninspired, but it maintains that the apostles appointed a "divine, infallible apostolate" to direct us. That is essentially the way the Catholic Church endeavors to make room in the realm of religion for papal edicts and the decrees of the Romanist councils. But consider this: "For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward; how shall we escape, if we neglect so great a salvation? which having at the first been spoken unto us through the Lord, was confirmed unto us by them that heard" (Hebrews 2:2, 3). Those who heard the word were the ones to confirm it, and that is in keeping with the following statement of Peter, "Therefore, of these men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from the baptism of John to that day when He was taken up from us, one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection." This was said in regard to one "... to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell" (Acts 1:21, 22, 25). Can this so-called "divine, infallible apostolate" qualify? And after the word has been spoken and confirmed, what purpose could such an office serve?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Word Of God Injurious To Roman Catholic Church

Recently, I had a conversation with a young lady who had been a government engineer and a Catholic. She is now employed in a vital capacity with the American Bible Society, a non-profit organization which has as its purpose the distribution of Bibles and Testaments. Last year, that institution in the pursuit of its noble course distributed throughout the world some twelve million Bibles and twenty-nine million New Testaments, and remember, without cost to the recipients.

Several months ago that young lady went to confession. While there, the priest asked her where she was working. She told him that she was working for the American Bible Society. He said, "You'll have to stop that." She inquired why adding that she thought it was wonderful to spread God's Word. His answer was that such furthers Protestantism. If the distribution of Bibles and Testaments free from anything other than the Word of God furthers Protestantism, what can you say for Catholicism? Could there be any stronger indictment of the Catholic Church as a man-made religious organization than that? Incidentally, you might be interested to know that I baptized that young lady into Christ.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Out Of Paganism Grew The Papacy

The empire of pagan Rome, like unto a cruel beast, truly wore the name of blasphemy. It was called the Holy Roman Empire. Can an empire be holy which killed the saints and supported with all its strength a worship of force and idolatry? There is blasphemy! As long as pagan Rome was in the ascendancy, her crowned heads claimed divine powers. Sufficient proof of this is seen in the fact that every ecumenical council for the first six centuries was called by an emperor. The cruelty of pagan Rome shows that she derived her power from the dragon, the devil.

When the barbarian hordes swept down from the north in A.D. 476, the empire seemingly was "wounded to death." Babylon fell to rise no more. The Kingdom of the Medes and the Persians fell to rise no more. Apparently that would be the lot of Rome. But not so! The "deadly wound was healed" and "all the world wondered after the beast." Paul declared that the "man of sin" would not be revealed until that which restrained was taken away.

History plainly shows that, as long as pagan Rome was in the ascendancy, papal Rome was held in check. In the fourth century, Emperor Constantine recognized his version of "Christianity" as the true religion; and, by his gifts to the church and at the point of the sword, he gave impetus to that movement which resulted in the ascendancy of papal Rome. As pagan Rome declined, papal Rome ascended. Out of the casket of pagan Rome emerges papal Rome! Thus the second beast makes his presence felt for, "He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence" (Revelation 13:12).

And let me say just here that all the pageantry and display and pomp and ostentation of the Roman Catholic Church as is evidenced in her ornately decorated altars, the flowing robes and richly embellished garments of her priests and the tapers and incense all of this constitutes but relics of pagan Rome and speaks convincingly, itself, of the origin of papal Rome. And yet the uninformed are taken in by such stuff, thinking that it is the mark of the true religion. How unlike the Christ who, in the midst of Roman pageantry, was born in a stable and placed in a manger and who, some two years before his death, said, "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." And how unlike Peter who said, "Silver and gold have I none" is that one who sits pompously in the midst of the vast wealth of the Vatican while without her walls the impoverished Italians beg for bread; and yet many of them continue to pay allegiance to that impostor who in no small degree is responsible for their sad plight. Thus the "strong delusion" works of which Paul spoke. Why cannot people see that, on the very face of it, such pageantry cannot be a part of the religion of our Lord Jesus Christ? We say with the apostle Paul, "I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (II Corinthians 11:3).

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, jethro8, but Jesus Christ IS THE CHURCH--the One True UNIVERSAL (Catholic) Church, beginning with Matthew 16:13-21 and ALL through 2000 years of PROVEN Church HISTORY...... Jesus in Matt 16 calls His Church "Upon this rock I will build MY CHURCH" ---Jesus Church is the Bride of Christ-----has, is and will ALWAYS BE!! Your (opinionated) editorialized "making up of Church History along with (personally) "editorializing" the TRUE interpretation of the bible, doesn't change the TRUTH!
not even close,be sure to read the stories i posted that come from ex-Catholics and why they left the church.they paint a very different picture than you do,and since there are multiple stories from different people who do not know each other but tell basically the same thing as to what's wrong with the church i believe what they are saying is true an honest,they are corroborated stories.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

who="hojo"
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!

When will you understand that the Catholics put their people at risk by requiring what is called celibacy? Mankind was ordered to reproduce...and few people can live a celibate life...Jesus said so.

While Moses failed (struck the rock) and Paul was 'chiefest of sinners', I doubt that either of them were molesting little boys. And neither of them habitually practiced 'sinning'. Paul ceased persecuting the church, and Moses was PUNISHED BY GOD for his sin.

I know a multitude of people who might lose their temper, or get impatient, etc., but they would NEVER molest a child. There are some Protestants who have been found guilty of such, but never on such a scale that it cost millions of dollars to settle the matter.

Quit your "no worse than them" pitch.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?? Because the Catholic Church is the "greatest threat" to the liberal mainstream media, in their political "pushing" of abortion, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and on and on! The Catholic Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be counter-cultural to Obama and His Democratic liberal "hacks" who have been "in bed with the media" since day one. Both are taking this country "down the road" to immoral and perverted (degradation) and many of the Protestant Churches (have bought into this liberalism).....The Protestant Churches, you bible only "fundies" and the rest of the other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant beliefs--"are no threat" to the news media because most Protestant beliefs and denominations have "sold out" and have "sold their souls" to political correctness and liberalism in their support of abortion, gay marriage, ect.......That is why I converted to the One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ because it teaches the TRUTH of the bible, the apostolic traditions passed on by Jesus HIMSELF and His Apostles ----- and---- the adheres to the TRUE FAITH of the doctrinal teachings of the Magisterim and the encyclicals!
You converted to the catholic church because, it teaches a doctrine that you want to believe, but it isn't even close to the truth that is why you are comfortable in the catholic church.
God's true gospel convicts, His words are sharper then a 2 edge sword. Some people get mad some glad and some very sad when they first hear it.
I take it you got mad because you were convicted, and decided the church you were going to wasn't for you, so you opt for a church that teaches a false doctrine because it was more comforting .
That makes you a fake, and not a Christian at all.
The Bible (God's Holy Word that all Real Christian Live By) "Say God chastises those He loves".
The catholic church has put walls up between you and God.
When the Bible says Jesus is the way to the Father , Not Mary, Not the Pope Not the Catholic's. The catholic church says other wise.
Blasphemer's you call Jesus a lair, because Jesus says 'I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH ME." He didn't say Mary my Mother, the catholic church, or the Pope.
The catholic church, is a joke, even Catholic's laugh, and curse on the alter, and Mary when they get mad. Their reputation is more then tarnished , its right down rotten.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

who="hojo"
Fine with me!!! Then you "fundies" quit attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith!!!

Then will you quit attacking the other 42,000?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No it is not the "same damn thing"
IMO - ALL religion IS the same damn thing essentially as the very first religion; which was the 'fig leaves' that adam and eve put on in lieu of their genuine relationship that they had with God before they hid from His presence.

putting on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ equals putting off religion/self-righteous efforts.

"Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them" gen 3:21

“Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" John the Baptist - jn 1:29

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

(1) Christians accepted the resurrection, not based on the Bible, but based on the authority of the eyewitnesses. The disciples didn"t have any beliefs based on the Old Testament about Jesus resurrection because at first, they didn"t even believe the Messiah would have to die.(Luke 24:1-11; John 20:16-29) Neither did they base it on the New Testament because this wasn't written yet.
~~~

Say not as you know of...AND YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH...

You assume so much and base your information on your assumptions...

Your problem is that you don't seem to realize that God knew and so did Jesus...And God deals in specifics...

If what you say is true

Then those that advised Herod of the location of the Birth of Jesus, that HE WOULD BE BORN IN Bethlehem OF JUDEA..MUST HAVE JUST GUESSED
THE LOCATION...

Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Mat 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

___

AND SIMEON THAT ATTENDED THE CIRCUMCISION OF JESUS ( on the eighth day after his birth)... MUST HAVE BEEN JUST GUESSING....

Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Luk 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

Luk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
Luk 2:33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

~~~

IN YOUR PRESUMPTUOUSNESS AND ATTEMPTING TO SECOND GUESS GOD...YOU LIE ABOUT HIM, JUST AS THE REST OF YOUR LEADERS DO...

YOU EVIDENTLY ARE VOID OF ANY UNDERSTANDING OR COMPREHENSION OF THE BIBLE.

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

You should know by now that great storms of passion are allowed to assail us whenever we have been indulging pride, self-adulation, high opinions of our own intellectual powers; or when we have pandered to the vicious pleasure of humbling others, intentionally. The medicine is simple: humility, a sincere humbling of self. This alone can bring relief: through meekness––harbinger of peace. Elder Marcaius
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the words "Roman Catholic Church" in the Bible? Where is the word you so love, "transubstantiation" in the Bible? Where is the word "pope" in the Bible? Where is the word, "nun", in the Bible? Where are the words,"Holy Communion" in the Bible? Where are the words, "infant baptism" in the Bible? This is a short list of what you lay claim to.
Your Roman Catholic church is nothing more than a Babylonian hoax and perversion. Your "faith" as you call it is nothing more than a mix of every pagan religion in the Roman Empire at the time of Constantine.
Also, where is the word, "lent", in the Bible? HA, HA!!!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah the ignorant self proclaimed deacon came back to spew more lies. lol.
I'll tell you what Deacon, you show us where Christ instituted the Bible as his sole source of authority on His Ministry, then you can come at us with 'where in the Bible is pope where in the Bible is catholic where in the Bible is infant baptism where in the Bible is holy communion. Bible Bible Bible'
Say, who's Bible you using anyway? Where does it tell you to be reading it like that?
I would call you a moron but I don't want to insult the morons. You intellect is something akin to a door knob.

Please give chapter and verse where Jesus tells his followers to trust a book other than the Bible for anything. Come clay, you can do it can't you? Aren't you a good little Roman Catholic boy? LOL

BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE. This is the book God wrote for us. What other book do you use? Oh yeah, your are a little Roman Catholic and probably use an alternate source for absolute truth and instructions for salvation.

Your are a pathetic little wimp.

Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
Why I Left The Catholic Church
Testimonial by David Riggs.
Who cares why he left the Catholic Church.
Who the Heck is David Riggs anyway?

Man Jethro, who put a quarter in you today? You're on a salivating rampage today!

The one 'history' of the CC post was filled with so many falsehoods I actually laughed out loud.

Today we celebrate the day the Catholic Church began, when Christ's side was pierced and blood poured out.
2,000 yrs later, people are still spreading lies and trying to bring down His Church. You can't win Jethro.
Throw in the towel and join or walk away like Mr. Riggs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,881 - 414,900 of511,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 7,630
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 8 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Mon Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••