Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#430346 Mar 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."
-St. Jerome
"Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort me and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger." -St. Patrick
Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.- Saint Rose of Lima
AND from the sacred treasures of the heart that is yielded to Christ. I thank your for sharing that.I do not get too much time to get on here.TOOK a few minutes today,have to run though. A lot is happening these days,but we are told by the Lord to look up,"BECAUSE our redemption draws nigh."

You suffered greatly a while back,I hope you are better,and even more clearly seeing your relationship with God to be ever so precious to you.

No matter what we are,we have time on this earth to access our relationship with the UNKNOWN,as none of us have seen God.But He wants to bring us deeply to Himself,with His purpose,as this life is fleeting,temporal,and starting to get really technical with the economy and politics all in a dither.

You always post with good refection brother,hope this weekend will be a blessed time for you and Seraphima,also your loved ones.

Got to run,take care! Pad(DAN)

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430347 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?? Because the Catholic Church is the "greatest threat" to the liberal mainstream media, in their political "pushing" of abortion, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and on and on! The Catholic Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be counter-cultural to Obama and His Democratic liberal "hacks" who have been "in bed with the media" since day one. Both are taking this country "down the road" to immoral and perverted (degradation) and many of the Protestant Churches (have bought into this liberalism).....The Protestant Churches, you bible only "fundies" and the rest of the other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant beliefs--"are no threat" to the news media because most Protestant beliefs and denominations have "sold out" and have "sold their souls" to political correctness and liberalism in their support of abortion, gay marriage, ect.......That is why I converted to the One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ because it teaches the TRUTH of the bible, the apostolic traditions passed on by Jesus HIMSELF and His Apostles ----- and---- the adheres to the TRUE FAITH of the doctrinal teachings of the Magisterium and the encyclicals!
abortion, homosexual marriage, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia,JETHRO:i find if funny how the church is against things that will benefit man more than hurt them...abortion,the mother does not want the child,so it will be raised in a non-loving type environment,will the church take care of the child instead of having an abortion done? no...homosexual marriage,if two people care and love each other,and bring that love and happiness into each others lives,what's the big deal?they are consenting adults,not like the UN-consenting sex that has been going on in the church for most of the 2000 yrs. it's been around... embryonic stem cell research:all for it,we need to study and develop new ways to fight the diseases of today,in my case a new more effective less harmful way to beat cancer,and other diseases,they do need to figure out a better way to get the cells,hopefully from an umbilical cord.. euthanasia:i have no problem with this,if you read my post about how my friends wife died screaming in horrific pain,you would think twice about this also,if a person has no quality of life,"example" a brain-dead person who'll remain a vegetable the rest of his/her life,confined to a bed,causing the family emotional everyday pain to see there loved one in that condition,you call that a plan from a loving god?? and the financial burden gets so heavy a lot of families split up,cause one spouse blames the other,think back to how many times a couple divorces because of the loss of a child? it happens quite often... if you stop and think about things they are not as bad as they seem in a lot of cases...like i said why is the catholic church so against the advancement and betterment of life for man kind?
Clay

United States

#430348 Mar 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the only absolute truth about the catholic church,is that it is a corrupt house of horror,you can not deny it.
Jethro, who cares? No one is forcing you to be Catholic. So what's the threat to ya?

I belong to the CC. If it was a fraction of the 'horror' everyone says it is, i'd leave in a heartbeat. The fact is, people need to lie, fabricate, and blow up certain things to put down the Church. They need to ignore what the Church really teaches. Then, they need to insert their own slander in place of what the Church believes.

Honestly, my faith strengthens every time I come on this forum and read the propaganda based slander about the Catholic Church. It only makes sense that its the original true Church of Jesus Chris, because people reject and hate it, just like they did Jesus.

Many of ya are modern day Scribes and Pharisees- who bludgeoned Jesus with the 'word of God' and condemned Him to death. People on here do the same to His Church.

usa

#430349 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
A blessed Easter week of Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday to you and your family Clay!! I'll be going to the Cathedral for Stations of the Cross (today) Friday at 12:15. Will look for you, in case you happen to be there!
enjoy your pagan holidays.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430350 Mar 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is indeed the Word of God, written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Human thought entwined with Divine insights created the Bible.
The Holy Catholic Church gathered, edited and compiled the Bible, otherwise you'd have no clue it existed.
Your interpretations of our Sacred Scripture is one of thousands. I'm sticking with the Church that created the Christian Bible when Jesus Christ never commanded them to do so. You can stick with the nomadic evolving world of sola scripture.
~~~

The Holy Catholic Church gathered, edited and compiled the Bible, otherwise you'd have no clue it existed.

We would have the Bible if the Roman Catholic (apostate Church never existed...

as for me I credit the ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH FOR CANONIZING THE BIBLE.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS THE FIRST PROTESTANT CHURCH THAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE GREAT SCHISM...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430351 Mar 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>abortion, homosexual marriage, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia,JETHRO:i find if funny how the church is against things that will benefit man more than hurt them...abortion,the mother does not want the child,so it will be raised in a non-loving type environment,will the church take care of the child instead of having an abortion done? no...homosexual marriage,if two people care and love each other,and bring that love and happiness into each others lives,what's the big deal?they are consenting adults,not like the UN-consenting sex that has been going on in the church for most of the 2000 yrs. it's been around... embryonic stem cell research:all for it,we need to study and develop new ways to fight the diseases of today,in my case a new more effective less harmful way to beat cancer,and other diseases,they do need to figure out a better way to get the cells,hopefully from an umbilical cord.. euthanasia:i have no problem with this,if you read my post about how my friends wife died screaming in horrific pain,you would think twice about this also,if a person has no quality of life,"example" a brain-dead person who'll remain a vegetable the rest of his/her life,confined to a bed,causing the family emotional everyday pain to see there loved one in that condition,you call that a plan from a loving god?? and the financial burden gets so heavy a lot of families split up,cause one spouse blames the other,think back to how many times a couple divorces because of the loss of a child? it happens quite often... if you stop and think about things they are not as bad as they seem in a lot of cases...like i said why is the catholic church so against the advancement and betterment of life for man kind?
Very compassionate and intelligent post. I fully agree with you!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430352 Mar 29, 2013
You should know by now that great storms of passion are allowed to assail us whenever we have been indulging pride, self-adulation, high opinions of our own intellectual powers; or when we have pandered to the vicious pleasure of humbling others, intentionally. The medicine is simple: humility, a sincere humbling of self. This alone can bring relief: through meekness––harbinger of peace. Elder Marcaius
Did you just mention "Self"?

:o)

Good for you!

Albuquerque, NM

#430353 Mar 29, 2013
"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."
-St. Jerome
"Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort me and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger." -St. Patrick
Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.- Saint Rose of Lima
Okay, then not following Jesus and all he taught is turning your back on him, as well.

Albuquerque, NM

#430354 Mar 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"You should know by now that great storms of passion are allowed to assail us whenever we have been indulging pride, self-adulation, high opinions of our own intellectual powers; or when we have pandered to the vicious pleasure of humbling others, intentionally. The medicine is simple: humility, a sincere humbling of self. This alone can bring relief: through meekness––harbinger of peace. Elder Marcaius
Wonderful word. We need to see it practiced on this board.
KM
As soon as you start believing what Jesus taught, you will be able to.
But from your past remarks, that doesn't look like it is going to happen, huh?

usa

#430355 Mar 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares why he left the Catholic Church.
Who the Heck is David Riggs anyway?
Man Jethro, who put a quarter in you today? You're on a salivating rampage today!
The one 'history' of the CC post was filled with so many falsehoods I actually laughed out loud.
Today we celebrate the day the Catholic Church began, when Christ's side was pierced and blood poured out.
2,000 yrs later, people are still spreading lies and trying to bring down His Church. You can't win Jethro.
Throw in the towel and join or walk away like Mr. Riggs.
i expected someone would slam my post,these are actual true stories of people who were indoctrinated into the church because their family was catholic,they went they saw they did not agree with the false teachings of the church,they left and told their stories on why they left,why you getting so huffy for? because the truth hurts maybe? these are true corroborated stories,that are hard to deny since there are many and these people did not know each other yet they tell basically the same story as to why they left the church.

Albuquerque, NM

#430356 Mar 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God to me is beyond anything I can imagine,H E, will do what He sees fit to do throughout this universe,and our lives.It is too big to deny as far as I am concerned!
This is good Pad, you being honest enough to admit, you have no idea what "God" can or cannot do. This is actually a first step one must take in order to really understand the message of Jesus.

But not accepting Jesus' full message, you will not be able to excel in seeking out the Light he puts forth.

Good post.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#430357 Mar 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I belong to the CC. If it was a fraction of the 'horror' everyone says it is, i'd leave in a heartbeat. The fact is, people need to lie, fabricate, and blow up certain things to put down the Church. They need to ignore what the Church really teaches. Then, they need to insert their own slander in place of what the Church believes.
Hey - we are not the one who is disregarding past and present turmoil that was/is caused by the RCC.

But you seem to.....hmmmmm.....and then you write the following.....
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, my faith strengthens every time I come on this forum and read the propaganda based slander about the Catholic Church. It only makes sense that its the original true Church of Jesus Chris, because people reject and hate it, just like they did Jesus.
Many of ya are modern day Scribes and Pharisees- who bludgeoned Jesus with the 'word of God' and condemned Him to death. People on here do the same to His Church.
You are confused...or just find comfort in turning a blind eye to your church's history.

Yes Clay - keep feeding them your money to pay off the pedophiles, we understand.

usa

#430358 Mar 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I understand your post here,and why you feel the way you do.This week a man we know at age of 40 died a horrible death,no details,and all are in shock,we are put in that sphere of just being in total blindness as to why he died the way he did,and so on.We went to the funeral,fortunately his mother,a close friend to my wife is holding her own.
Why I mention this,is that God shrouds in mystery with all humanity,but YET, H e reveals Himself to the simple of heart,and confounds the wise.
When we think we know,we are confounded by life and its strange happenings.The father of the man I mentioned died on the same day of the week Thursday,and same date 8 years prior to his son.Who can know how things seem to connect,even though they are terrible to deal with.
GOD, being in us is true as He is omnipresent and He shares of His presence with all the Universe,but He does not force His Will on our will,as humans do to each other.GOD,shows us that there is more to life than just what we see in our own limitation. You do not really know Jethro how often God may have given you insights to things that connected the dots as it were in your own life.
Dates and times often are indicators to what is going on in the spiritual realm verses the material world.
I do not say that G o d should reveal Himself to you from the time you were able to understand such things,but it is clear that He wants you to know Him.
You say we are taught these things,well,God(Father,SON, and Holy Spirit) are Three Persons in ONE God,and community,teaching,instruction and guidance are all the mechanics as it were of life to build up each and every person to the knowledge of the Truth.
Our fathers learned about life,who is given the wherewithall about living from their childhood,(ALL at once)? You were gradually shown everything you now know,over many years,through many mentors,teachers,instruction and so on.
BUT, jethro still you had to come to a personal knowlege of what is important to what you experienced in life,did it all come at once? Know this though that you learned sometimes gradually,and often abruptly.Since you have suffered cancer,you are learning fast,but even you will say(you are a work in progress).
God is there,but He will not reveal the magnitude of His PERSON,especially because we cannot handle it.(How many people have said?) "Is this all there is?" God wants them to know nevertheless that He is involved in every human life,in spite of the fact we do not see Him, or know He is working on our behalf.It is a mystery we all are amazed by.
God to me is beyond anything I can imagine,H E, will do what He sees fit to do throughout this universe,and our lives.It is too big to deny as far as I am concerned!
quote"God is there,but He will not reveal the magnitude of His PERSON,especially because we cannot handle it.unquote i could handle meeting him face to face,what is there to fear from a peaceful loving person/thing? everything I've learned in life was through people and watching them,and through trial an error on my part just like we learn everything in life,god will do what he sees fit,why would god give a two year old child a deadly disease that guarantees this poor thing will suffer in pain an agony and die with in a year? where is he now? the world his going down the tubes faster and faster each day,yet i see no god/Jesus/holy ghost interceding on mans behalf.is he just going to sit back and watch us destroy each other senselessly? from what i'm seeing that's exactly what he is doing if he truly exists.if god is connecting the dots in my life he missed a few,right now my life totally S&$KS. i blame no one but myself,we decide our own fate no one else does.

usa

#430359 Mar 29, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Very compassionate and intelligent post. I fully agree with you!
thank you,and hello sherlayne,hope your doing OK?

usa

#430360 Mar 29, 2013
be back shortly

usa

#430361 Mar 29, 2013
before i go,catholics! answer this:If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews , then later accept it? Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Should not the "Holy See" have known?

usa

#430362 Mar 29, 2013
If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible in 397 AD, then why did many different versions of canons continue to circulate long afterwards?
Clay

United States

#430363 Mar 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
We would have the Bible if the Roman Catholic (apostate Church never existed...
as for me I credit the ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH FOR CANONIZING THE BIBLE.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS THE FIRST PROTESTANT CHURCH THAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE GREAT SCHISM...
You'd credit the church of Scientology before you would the Catholic Church! Hate and Jealously has blinded ya.
But yes, the Orthodox were there too. I don't know if you're aware that the Catholic and Orthodox were one Church at the time the Compilation of the NT happened at the Council of Hippo, IN ROME, in the 4th century?
As for the schism? They (Orthodox) left. Rome stayed put.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#430364 Mar 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Before any discussion begins about Christianity on this forum, it should be required that y'all watch Stars video link.
What came first? The Church or the Bible?
Sola Scripture is literally impossible to subscribe to. Its amazing you guys added this teaching to Jesus Christ's Ministry when He never preached, discussed or commanded such a theory. Sola Scripture is a doctrine of men. Its strange and relatively new.
On this Holy day called Good Friday, I pray you reflect and pray on where you stand on Jesus Christ.
Good Friday to you Clay!
<><

"In the Holy Bible, we read, "If I (St. Paul) am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great..." [1 Tim. 15-16]

In the aforementioned passage, two things stand out. Paul refers to:

i. The Church is the pillar and bulwark of the truth, and

ii. Our religion.

Most Protestants believe that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of the truth. They also believe that no knowledge outside of the Bible is necessary for salvation.

Such a belief, "Sola Scriptura," (meaning only need the Bible) cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. Not only that, they fall short of recognizing that Saint Paul was referring to "our religion, the Roman Catholic Church and its Rites, the only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church that was instituted on earth by Jesus Christ.

The Protestant argument that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth does not make any sense for two reasons:

i) It was not until the fourth century that the Catholic Church completed its selection of the "canon of Scripture." The Bible could not be the pillar and bulwark of the truth prior to the fourth century because the Holy Bible did not exist.[NT]

ii) It was not until the 1600's that the first Bible was printed. Prior to those days, very few Bibles were available, such being hand written and owned by the Church and/or the rich, these being kept under lock and key. So the average person had no access to the Bible. He could not use the Bible as a reference to support that it was the pillar and bulwark of the truth. In fact, the people turned to the Church to learn the tradition, the doctrines, the teachings of the Catholic Church.

The truth is that it is only during the last four hundred years that the Protestants have made claim that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Prior to that, they could not make such a claim because they had no access to the Bible."

Albuquerque, NM

#430365 Mar 29, 2013
Jesus said to them,“Why are you troubled? Truly I say to you, all the priests who stand
before that altar invoke my name. Again I say to you, my name has been written on this
[…] of the generations of the stars through the human generations.[And they] have
planted trees without fruit, in my name, in a shameful manner.”

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

Where do you stand - before an altar that men have created, or before the altar of "God"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 24 min Fehtolii 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Gee Tee 9,430
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 16
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 26
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... Mon L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Mon KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Mon pazuzu 68
More from around the web