Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,738)

Showing posts 414,741 - 414,760 of529,709
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>He is not Catholic he is Eastern Orthodox....
same damn thing! my father is/was catholic and my mother syrian orthodox and i was a spiritually crazy & mixed up kid

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "substance" that you "fundies" claim to have is nothing but editorialized "relative Truth" Christianity (what each person believes is true for them only)------The "pot" of protestant propaganda just keeps getting more and more polluted!!
what part of -'can't we all just flush our self-righteousness/religion down the toilet and trust the Christ of God (i.e., repent & believe the Gospel)'- do you refuse to obey???
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your small percentage is not that small,remember the child abuse goes from priests right up to a pope centuries ago,in 2000 yrs,
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>jesus is not the catholic church,rotflmao
Sorry to disappoint you, jethro8, but Jesus Christ IS THE CHURCH--the One True UNIVERSAL (Catholic) Church, beginning with Matthew 16:13-21 and ALL through 2000 years of PROVEN Church HISTORY...... Jesus in Matt 16 calls His Church "Upon this rock I will build MY CHURCH" ---Jesus Church is the Bride of Christ-----has, is and will ALWAYS BE!! Your (opinionated) editorialized "making up of Church History along with (personally) "editorializing" the TRUE interpretation of the bible, doesn't change the TRUTH!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of -'can't we all just flush our self-righteousness/religion down the toilet and trust the Christ of God (i.e., repent & believe the Gospel)'- do you refuse to obey???
Fine with me!!! Then you "fundies" quit attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine with me!!! Then you "fundies" quit attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith!!!
WTF is "true catholic faith"; torturing and killing non-roman catholics???

"have faith in God" Jesus - mark 11:22

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!
child abuse is worse than in the catholic church?? then how come they are not getting the headlines the pagan/christian church is? and what proof do you have? and this forum is not about other churches,it's about the catholic church and it's ridiculous claim as to being the true church,which is a lie,there is no documented history that supports their position,only what they say,and that's not good enough,the church is well known for not being honest,so what ever it says has to be looked at twice before you can remotely believe it... and i am not attacking Jesus' church,i'm posting against the the created church of a pagan emperor,and a 100 hand picked ordinary men,who put together a book of rules,and by combining paganism and Christianity they created the pagan/christian church which was later named by Ignatius, the catholic church. it has nothing to do with god/jesus.and i'm not confused or being hypocritical,my head is not filled with the ideals and misguided beliefs that are being taught.I follow no religious group,none speak the whole truth and that can be blamed on the catholic church and it's creators for burning books.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

If the Bible is a Catholic book ,Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Roman Catholic Doctrinal evolution:

Introduction of New doctrines not found in The Bible

The key-word that describes the doctrine of Roman Catholics is: CHANGE

Pre-Roman Catholic False teachings

200 AD

Immersion of infants who are dying, but considered sinless.(Tertullian V.12)

250 AD

North Africa region is first to practice infant baptism and reduced the age of baptism from minors to all newborns. This is opposed by other regions.

257 AD

Baptism by sprinkling for adults instead of immersion first used as an exception for those on sick beds, but it caused great dispute.

300 AD

Prayers for the dead

320 AD

Special dress code of the clergy in worship

325 AD

At the general council of Nice, 325, it was proposed indeed, probably by the Western bishop Hosius, to forbid entirely the marriage of priests; but the motion met with strong opposition, and was rejected.

325 AD

The date for Easter was set.

379 AD

Praying to Mary & Saints.(prayers of Ephraim Syrus)

385 AD

In the West, the first prohibition of clerical marriage, which laid claim to universal ecclesiastical authority, proceeded in 385 from the Roman church in the form of a decretal letter of the bishop Siricius to Himerius, bishop of Tarragona in Spain.

389 AD

Mariolatry begins with Gregory Nazianzen, who mentions in a eulogy, how Justina had besought the virgin Mary to protect her virginity.

400 AD

Impossibility of apostasy or once saved always saved,(Augustine XII.9)

416 AD

Infant baptism by immersion commanded of all infants (Council Of Mela, Austin was the principal director)

430 AD

Exhalation of Virgin Mary: "Mother of God" first applied by the Council of Ephesus

502 AD

Special dress code of the Clergy all the time.

500 AD

The "Habit" of Nuns (Black gowns with white tunics)

519 AD

Lent

526 AD

Extreme Unction

593 AD

The Doctrine of Purgatory popularized from the Apocrypha by Gregory the Great

600 AD

First use of Latin in worship (Gregory I)...continued

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

introductions of new doctrines not found in the bible.Beginning of the Orthodox/Roman Catholic church as we know it today in its present organization.

607 AD

First Pope: Boniface III is the first person to take the title of "universal Bishop" by decree of Emperor Phocas.

608 AD

Pope Boniface IV. turns the Pantheon in Rome into a temple of Mary ad martyres: the pagan Olympus into a Christian heaven of gods.

670 AD

Instrumental music: first organ by Pope Vitalian

709 AD

Kissing of Pope Constantine's feet

753 AD

Baptism by sprinkling for those on sick beds officially accepted.

787 AD

Worship of icons and statue approved (2nd council of Nicea)

787 AD

Rome (Latin) and Constantinople (Greek) part ways and begin the drift towards complete split, resulting in two denominations emerging in 1054 AD.

965 AD

Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII

850 AD

Burning of Holy Candles

995 AD

Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV

998 AD

Good Friday: fish only and the eating-red meat forbidden

1009 AD

Holy water

1022 AD

Penance

1054 AD

Roman Catholic church breaks away from the Orthodox church

1054 AD

Roman Catholics officially embrace instrumental music, Orthodox reject instrumental music down to the present time.

1079 AD

Celibacy enforced for priests, bishops, presbyters (Pope Gregory VII)

1090 AD

Rosary beads: invented by Peter the Hermit

1095 AD

Instrumental music

1190 AD

Sale of Indulgences or "tickets to sin" (punishment of sin removed)

1215 AD

Transubstantiation by Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council

1215 AD

Auricular Confession of sins to priests instituted by Pope Innocent III,(Lateran Council)

1215 AD

Mass a Sacrifice of Christ

1217 AD

Adoration and Elevation of Host: ie. communion bread (Pope Honrius III)

1230 AD

Ringing bells at Mass

1251 AD

The Scapular, the brown cloak worn by monks invented by Simon Stock

1268 AD

Priestly power of absolution

1311 AD

Baptism by sprinkling accepted as the universal standard instead of immersion for all, not just the sick.(Council of Ravenna)

1414 AD

Laity no longer offered Lord's cup at communion (Council of Constance)

1439 AD

Purgatory a dogma by the Council of Florence (see 593 AD)

1439 AD

Doctrine of Seven Sacraments affirmed

1480 AD

The Inquisition (of Spain)

1495 AD

Papal control of marriage rights

1534 AD

Order of Jesuits founded by Loyola

1545 AD

Man-made tradition of church made equal to Bible (Council of Trent)

1545 AD

Apocryphal books added to Bible (Council of Trent)

1546 AD

Justification by human works of merit

1546 AD

Mass universally said in Latin (see 600 AD)

1547 AD

Confirmation

1560 AD

Personal opinions of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed

1864 AD

Syllabus Errorum [Syllabus of Errors] proclaimed that "Catholic countries" could not tolerate other religions,(no freedom of religion), conscience, separation of church and State condemned, asserted the Pope's temporal authority over all civil rulers (Ratified by Pope Pius IX and Vatican Council) condemned

1870 AD

Infallibility of Pope (Vatican council)

1908 AD

All Catholics should be christened into the church

1930 AD

Public Schools condemned by Pope Pius XII (see 1864 AD)

1950 AD

Sinners prayer, invented by Billy Sunday and made popular by Billy Graham.(Some Catholics now use this)

1950 AD

Assumption of the body of the Virgin Mary into heaven shortly after her death.(Pope Pius XII)

1954 AD

Immaculate conception of Mary proclaimed by Pope Pius XII

1995 AD

The use of girls in the traditional alter boy duties

1996 AD

Catholics can believe in Evolution (Pope John Paul II)

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

my source for my last two posts. http://www.bible.ca/cath-new-doctrines.htm
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Before any discussion begins about Christianity on this forum, it should be required that y'all watch Stars video link.
What came first? The Church or the Bible?
Sola Scripture is literally impossible to subscribe to. Its amazing you guys added this teaching to Jesus Christ's Ministry when He never preached, discussed or commanded such a theory. Sola Scripture is a doctrine of men. Its strange and relatively new.
On this Holy day called Good Friday, I pray you reflect and pray on where you stand on Jesus Christ.
A blessed Easter week of Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday to you and your family Clay!! I'll be going to the Cathedral for Stations of the Cross (today) Friday at 12:15. Will look for you, in case you happen to be there!
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

"hojo"]<quoted text>
For the 1st 1500 years of the Catholic Church ---"fundamentalists have "created" a bible only "rejection" of Church History AND the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF Sacred Scripture!
The FACT is that Jesus and his disciples didn"t practice Sola Scripture.(1) Christians accepted the resurrection, not based on the Bible, but based on the authority of the eyewitnesses. The disciples didn"t have any beliefs based on the Old Testament about Jesus resurrection because at first, they didn"t even believe the Messiah would have to die.
...RESPONSE: Scripture was still being developed in the early church days, but the FACT is that the early christians did recognize the scriptures as being GOD'S SORD and used the m to verify the teachings of Christ and His claims. They would have never accepted any teachings that were in conflict with the scriptures. And as the N.T. unfolded they held it to the same standard as the absolute truth.
For these reasons, it is "obvious" that Christians in Biblical times didn"t believe in Sola Scriptura then, neither can it be true now. If it wasn"t Biblical before the Bible was finished, how could it become Scriptural after its completion?
...RESPONSE: Your logic is unfounded...The early church did not believe or understand the Trinity...but that does not mean that it was not biblical or should not be believed now.
Just as Christians did then, we too can formulate beliefs based not only on Scripture, but also on the Divine Revelation of the Holy Spirit as received through those with appropriate authority in the church, or such revelation as preserved in the Traditions of the Church. The Word of God isn"t limited to the Bible! God can speak to each of us, and those who are enlightened by his Spirit, may impart information to us not found in the Bible, just as He spoke to the Christians in the first 1500 years of the Church!!
...RESPONSE: You are ignoring the FACT that ONLY the SCRIPTURE claims to be and was quoted as being the INSPIRED WORD of GOD by Jesus Himself. While it is tru that God does speak to the heart of His children to guide, convict and lead them in the way they should go, the FACT is that the revelation of God and the Inspiration of His Word ended when the scriptures were completed .
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
in I Thy 3:15, when he calls "the Church--(not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH AND (7)
While it is the 'church' according to its biblical defination that is to be the 'pillar, pinnacle and foundation (of the TRUTH), it is the WORD of GOD (the scriptures) that ARE the TRUTH. When Jesus was asked'What is truth', He responded with the words "Thy WORD(the scriptures) Oh God, is truth. Any other teachings are to be trusted only to the extent that they agrees with the Word of God(the Scriptures). The FINAL authority for the christian is to be the SCRIPTURES.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>child abuse is worse than in the catholic church?? then how come they are not getting the headlines
Why?? Because the Catholic Church is the "greatest threat" to the liberal mainstream media, in their political "pushing" of abortion, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and on and on! The Catholic Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be counter-cultural to Obama and His Democratic liberal "hacks" who have been "in bed with the media" since day one. Both are taking this country "down the road" to immoral and perverted (degradation) and many of the Protestant Churches (have bought into this liberalism).....The Protestant Churches, you bible only "fundies" and the rest of the other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestant beliefs--"are no threat" to the news media because most Protestant beliefs and denominations have "sold out" and have "sold their souls" to political correctness and liberalism in their support of abortion, gay marriage, ect.......That is why I converted to the One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ because it teaches the TRUTH of the bible, the apostolic traditions passed on by Jesus HIMSELF and His Apostles ----- and---- the adheres to the TRUE FAITH of the doctrinal teachings of the Magisterim and the encyclicals!
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

"hojo"]<quoted text>
For the 1st 1500 years of the Catholic Church ---"fundamentalists have "created" a bible only "rejection" of Church History AND the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF Sacred Scripture!
The FACT is that Jesus and his disciples didn"t practice Sola Scripture.(1) Christians accepted the resurrection, not based on the Bible, but based on the authority of the eyewitnesses. The disciples didn"t have any beliefs based on the Old Testament about Jesus resurrection because at first, they didn"t even believe the Messiah would have to die.
...RESPONSE: Scripture was still being developed in the early church days, but the FACT is that the early christians did recognize the scriptures as being GOD'S SORD and used the m to verify the teachings of Christ and His claims. They would have never accepted any teachings that were in conflict with the scriptures. And as the N.T. unfolded they held it to the same standard as the absolute truth.
For these reasons, it is "obvious" that Christians in Biblical times didn"t believe in Sola Scriptura then, neither can it be true now. If it wasn"t Biblical before the Bible was finished, how could it become Scriptural after its completion?
...RESPONSE: Your logic is unfounded...The early church did not believe or understand the Trinity...but that does not mean that it was not biblical or should not be believed now.
Just as Christians did then, we too can formulate beliefs based not only on Scripture, but also on the Divine Revelation of the Holy Spirit as received through those with appropriate authority in the church, or such revelation as preserved in the Traditions of the Church. The Word of God isn"t limited to the Bible! God can speak to each of us, and those who are enlightened by his Spirit, may impart information to us not found in the Bible, just as He spoke to the Christians in the first 1500 years of the Church!!
...RESPONSE: You are ignoring the FACT that ONLY the SCRIPTURE claims to be and was quoted as being the INSPIRED WORD of GOD by Jesus Himself. While it is tru that God does speak to the heart of His children to guide, convict and lead them in the way they should go, the FACT is that the revelation of God and the Inspiration of His Word ended when the scriptures were completed .
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>While it is the 'church' according to its biblical defination that is to be the 'pillar, pinnacle and foundation (of the TRUTH), it is the WORD of GOD (the scriptures) that ARE the TRUTH. When Jesus was asked'What is truth', He responded with the words "Thy WORD(the scriptures) Oh God, is truth. Any other teachings are to be trusted only to the extent that they agrees with the Word of God(the Scriptures). The FINAL authority for the christian is to be the SCRIPTURES.
FALSE!!!! Sacred Scripture along with Apostolic Tradition handed down by Jesus to His Apostles (both the written and the unwritten) constitute TRUTH. Again---I Timothy 3:15----Paul calls the
CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Jesus Christs One True (Universal)
Church which has is and will always be the Catholic Church is the "final authority". If the bible is the final authority of TRUTH than which one of your 42,000 different interpretations of the bible is the (final authority of TRUTH). God is NOT the author of your "bible only" contradicting and conflicting Protestant confusion and chaos!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the definition of the word "vision".
Mt 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
Mt 16:20; Mr 8:30; 9:9
Mt 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mr 8: 30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.
Mr 9:9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
I will give you three guesses as to who the vision is referring to!!!!!!
Christ being the son of God

Christ was transfigured and then appeared Moses and Elijah it was a vision a revelation. Moses represents the law and Elijah the prophets who revealed the word of God.
Also not a bright cloud over shadowed them they were not in heaven in this vision. It did represent Chris tin all his Glory however.
Also John in Revelation in his vision witnessed Christ in all his Glory as Christ had stated there are some here who will not pass away til they see the Son of Man coming in all his Glory.

Matthew 17

King James Version (KJV)

17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.

7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Why I Left The Catholic Church
Testimonial by David Riggs.The Catholic Catechism For Adults on page 52 says, "Can you learn to save your soul just by reading the Bible? No, because certain things in the Bible can be misunderstood, and because the Bible does not have everything God taught." Notice that the first part of their answer to "Can you learn to save your soul just by reading the Bible?" is, "No..." However, their own translations of the Bible teaches the opposite. All Scriptural quotations that I will be giving are from Catholic translations. 2 Tim. 3:15-17 says, "And because from thy infancy thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can instruct thee to salvation, by faith which is Christ Jesus. All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice, that the man of God may be perfect, furnished to every good work." Thus, the apostle Paul by the inspiration of God, says to Timothy "thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can instruct thee to salvation" and make you "perfect, furnished to every good work."

Rom. 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel. For it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth, to the Jew first, and to the Greek. James 1:21 says, "...With meekness receive the ingrafted word, which is able to save you souls." Consequently, the word contained in the Bible is able to save our souls.

The next part of the answer in the Catechism to the question, "Can you learn to save your soul just by the Bible?" is, "No, because certain things in the Bible can be misunderstood..." They are implying that the Bible cannot be understood. John A. O'Brien, the Catholic author of the book, "The Faith of Millions," is much more expressive when he says on page 152, "The Bible is not a clear and intelligible guide to all..." The book, "The Faith of Millions" was given to me before my conversion by my older brother Norman who was at the time a student at St. Meinrad Seminary, St. Meinrad, Indiana.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Catholic officials follow up their claim (that we cannot understand the Bible) by stating that one can get the true meaning only from the Catholic Church. The Catechism For Adults on page 10 says, "How can you get the true meaning of the Bible? You can get it only from God's official interpreter, the Catholic Church." The Catholics have no passages which mention an official interpreter and, thus, they try to support their claim through human logic and reasoning. Anytime men do such, it amounts to nothing more than human philosophy rather than Scriptural proof. The Bible says, "Let God be true, but every man a liar..." (Rom. 3:4). It also warns, "See to it that no one deceives you by philosophy and vain deceit, according to human traditions, according to the elements of the world and not according to Christ." (Col. 2:8).

The doctrine of the "infallible interpreter" implies that God did not make Himself clear. It implies that God gave us a revelation that still needs revealing. Did God fail in His attempt to give man a revelation? Do the Catholic officials want us to believe they can express God's will more clearly than God Himself? We believe that God made the mind of man and is fully capable of addressing man in words which man can understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,741 - 414,760 of529,709
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••