Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
414,601 - 414,620 of 532,775 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
Washington's Pope: Pope Francis and the South American Dirty Wars
http://archive.org/details/WashingtonsPope
article & radio interview
just had a thought if the story is true as to francis' non-action as to what is/was going on in Argentina,and he refused to testify,so again a cardinal voted in as pope,to give him the protection of diplomatic immunity.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where in the Bible it says it is a catholic Bible?
If it is catholic, why waste time writing the catechism?
it's actually the pagan/christian bible,the word catholic was not spoken yet by Ignatius,they picked threw the books chose what fit their agenda,most likely changed a word or two,and burned 27 books that would probably prove they did,is the bible perfect? we'll never know,because we don't know what was in the books that they burned,and have scripture hidden in their archives and won't show them to anyone (which is wrong),and when the scriptures were first discovered they were not taken seriously and some were torn up and sold as souvenirs to tourists,so people who believe in the one god theory, are truly going on BLIND FAITH,that this is all true.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not seen all my previous posts, Oxbow?
Jesus was in his tomb on Friday after sunset, Sabbath and not until Sunday morning early did He arise. He was on earth another 40 days: not in Heaven.
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.
I have explained this a number of times and yet you refuse to see that this is contrary to other scriptures so your understanding has to be questioned. It is quite biblical to prove one text against another but if you cling to your favourite belief, there is nothing which will convince you.
A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still.
The Nature Of Man
We must first establish the facts about the nature of man. The first Bible text we need to look at is Job 4:17. "Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?" The word mortal means subject to death; the word immortal means not subject to death. The word immortal is used only once in the Bible, 1 Timothy 1:17. "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever, Amen." God is the only One who has immortality. 1 Timothy 6:l6 is even more clear. "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." Only God has this power of immortal existence. Man is described as being mortal, or subject to death.
Does The Soul Die?
Some people believe that the above texts refer to the body and that the soul is immortal, and that the soul itself cannot die. This next text will forever clear up this misunderstanding. "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. This text says that the soul is subject to death. Nowhere in the Bible is the doctrine taught that the soul is immortal.
If the soul is subject to death, then where did this belief originate that the soul does not die? We can start at the beginning of the Bible and find out very soon who is responsible for this lie. You can read Genesis 3:1-4 which is the conversation between the Serpent and Eve and you will see in the fourth verse that Satan, the Serpent, told Eve the very first lie: "Ye shall not surely die." Right at the beginning of mankind, Satan originated this lie that the soul would not die and it has been carried down through the ages. If indeed the soul is mortal or subject to death, then what actually happens when a person dies?
http://www.preparingforeternity.com/dead.htm
if Jesus rose from his tomb in 3 days,rising on the Sabbath (Saturday),he would of been placed in the tomb on a Thursday or possibly a wednesday. Mark 15:42-43 says that Jesus was crucified on the day before the Sabbath. If the Sabbath mentioned was the weekly Sabbath, then that lends toward a Friday crucifixion.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no intention "wasting my time" discussing, debating or deliberating, your "Protestant" (bogus) interpretations and (distorted) meanings of "cherry picked" bible verses......... Your bible only "editorialized translations of Sacred Scripture, is "NOTHING" but "relative truth" Christianity---(what each person thinks is true)........The TRUE INTERPRETATION-of the bible--- HAS ALREADY BEEN "VERIFIED AS TRUTH" in 382, 393, and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers---"who gave you "Protestant (fundies) your bible that you mis-interpret, mis-quote and falsely mis-represent!
For over 500 years, since the Reformation, you have DONE NOTHING but create more and more division, more and more contradicting, and more and more conflicting "compromising" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible with 42,000 hodge-podge Protestant denominations.(who CANNOT, nor EVER WILL agree on ANYTHING)..... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate!! The TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has been authenticated (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) as being PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years......Go argue among yourselves!!!! We, as Catholics, ALREADY HAVE POSSESSED AND ADHERED to the TRUTH that "the Church came 1st!!--Then the bible, more than 350 years later. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS---but to share in the TRUTH of Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and the One TRUE (Universal)Catholic Church that Our Lord gave to us!!
quote from HOJO"I have no intention "wasting my time"unquote JETHRO:you say this all the time,because you know in your heart it is a waste of time trying to prove the R.P/C.C. is the true church because there is no history to support the churches and your belief.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no intention "wasting my time" discussing, debating or deliberating, your "Protestant" (bogus) interpretations and (distorted) meanings of "cherry picked" bible verses......... Your bible only "editorialized translations of Sacred Scripture, is "NOTHING" but "relative truth" Christianity---(what each person thinks is true)........The TRUE INTERPRETATION-of the bible--- HAS ALREADY BEEN "VERIFIED AS TRUTH" in 382, 393, and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers---"who gave you "Protestant (fundies) your bible that you mis-interpret, mis-quote and falsely mis-represent!
For over 500 years, since the Reformation, you have DONE NOTHING but create more and more division, more and more contradicting, and more and more conflicting "compromising" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible with 42,000 hodge-podge Protestant denominations.(who CANNOT, nor EVER WILL agree on ANYTHING)..... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate!! The TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has been authenticated (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) as being PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years......Go argue among yourselves!!!! We, as Catholics, ALREADY HAVE POSSESSED AND ADHERED to the TRUTH that "the Church came 1st!!--Then the bible, more than 350 years later. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS---but to share in the TRUTH of Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and the One TRUE (Universal)Catholic Church that Our Lord gave to us!!
hojo says......Then the bible, more than 350 years later.

Michael says.....If this man Jesus was the greatest man that ever lived, why did it take 3 long centuries for people to believe in him over 300 years after he died?

Its called personal agenda.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Then why do you reject his teachings in GoThomas, if what you say above is your mantra?
Are you calling Jesus a liar by utilizing "Paul" and the other five possible Apostles?
Please don't say I never told you otherwise, because then you would be calling me a liar and not being very honest with yourself.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I don't know why I bother to respond to your post...mostly attempting to be civil I guess.
Jesus gave gifts to the Church and apprehended Saul of Tarsus whom we know as the Apostle Paul was evidently one of them...and sent him forth. as and ambassador to represent the kingdom of God...
Whom He sends he equips..
Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth
Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way:
===>for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.<===
Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
Act 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
~~~~~~~~~~
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 ==> And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;<==
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
The Apostle Paul was one of THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY GIFTS
THAT GOD SENT TO THE GENTILES
As you can see - you didn't answer my questions at all, but slyly avoided even attempted to answer them.

Why?

What are you afraid of if you believe these teachings that Jesus put forth, but men rebuked?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quote from HOJO"I have no intention "wasting my time"unquote JETHRO:you say this all the time,because you know in your heart it is a waste of time trying to prove the R.P/C.C. is the true church because there is no history to support the churches and your belief.
I think he just copied his first comment and hits the paste button a couple times a day.

He has the same story over and over, and NEVER explains his reasoning.

therefore HOJO is BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's actually the pagan/christian bible,the word catholic was not spoken yet by Ignatius,they picked threw the books chose what fit their agenda,most likely changed a word or two,and burned 27 books that would probably prove they did,is the bible perfect? we'll never know,because we don't know what was in the books that they burned,and have scripture hidden in their archives and won't show them to anyone (which is wrong),and when the scriptures were first discovered they were not taken seriously and some were torn up and sold as souvenirs to tourists,so people who believe in the one god theory, are truly going on BLIND FAITH,that this is all true.
Who would burn books of stories of a man they all believed actually lived? People with agendas, thats who.

makes no common sense!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I don't know why I bother to respond to your post...mostly attempting to be civil I guess.
BTW - You should be civil all the time - especially if you claim to be a minister. You should only be projecting love for others.

Well, that is if you follow Jesus. I guess that is under scrutiny, huh?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

"projecting love for others"

sometimes this "love-for-others" expresses itself in what the Bible calls ... Righteous INDIGNATION .. ie: turning over tables and calling the pharicees snakes and vipers and polished graves

....... be ye angry and sin not

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."
"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
That is very very close to committing the one unforgivable sin...blasphemy...

New Age wrote:
I disagree.

Even Jesus disagrees with you.

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why do you try to instill fear unto others with false teachings?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I not say that blasphemy is the one sin that cannot be forgiven???!!!! Any Christian knows that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit!!!!!!
Actually, if you look at your post, you appear to be saying that the poster was nearing blasphemy - against Jesus.

Maybe it was your wording. So I posted that you are incorrect, balsphemy against Jesus is forgiveable.

Not one word in your post above references the HS.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands you a paper bag*

This will help you relax and catch your breath.

I was just tired and out of breath just reading this post. PHEW!! Glad that's over.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people doubted him because of the way he supposedly dressed,and his way of traveling (on a donkey),they expected a very royally dressed person in a royal looking type carriage like the emperors and kings used. people saw a vagabond more or less so they doubted him.considering who he claimed to be i guess you would expect that,but the hierarchy of the day that made people think that way,be cause they traveled royally.
That is right Jethro, with people its all about money and power.
God is about love, that is why Jesus came to show God's love and teach them their way wasn't God's way.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says......"cherry picked"

Michael says.......sounds like catholics that you are talking about.

1).. Most catholics use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.

2)..More catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the church screams "BLOODY MURDER"

3) Most roman catholics and many catholic clergy claim celebacy should be optional........the church screams NO!

4) Millions of roman catholics today believe women could be ordained priests.........the church leaders scream NEVER!

5) Millions of roman catholics are divorced. The church says this is not right!

6) Less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly........the church screams SINNERS!

OTHERS!....Cherry pick you say!(LOL)

BUSTED! again!!
Sickd

Cheltenham, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Vomit all the lies you can concoct! I will not be swayed!

Only Jesus Christ is the Lord! And the mick church, for all its 'traditions', will be smashed. And soon.

It has been foretold that the Roman Catholic Church will enjoy a peak of popularity just before it is destroyed. Pope Francis, anyone?

I once heard this... "the only way to kill a Roman Catholic is to kill a Roman Catholic". That was said to me long ago.

Why? I don't know. But I get it!
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
oh you know I Love you too you big dummy!
And you can't refute my posts:)
when you call those sda's [brother], your complete alleged walk with christ is refuted by those words.
shame on you for mentioning [brother] in christ with these characters.NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THAT ONLY YOU. TELLS US A LOT ABOUT YOUR LIFESTYLE AND IT IS ALL BAD.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if Jesus rose from his tomb in 3 days,rising on the Sabbath (Saturday),he would of been placed in the tomb on a Thursday or possibly a wednesday. Mark 15:42-43 says that Jesus was crucified on the day before the Sabbath. If the Sabbath mentioned was the weekly Sabbath, then that lends toward a Friday crucifixion.
True however it is believed by some it was an annual Saabbath commencing the passover and it was on a Thursdy there fore he would have been crucified in the middle of the week on Wednesday causing the sacrifice to cease. Thisis how I believe.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
continued;Having only a third grade education, Ellen White said for years she was unable to read, bolstering the claim that her beautiful prose was inspired by God. However, it has been discovered that she not only read, but plagiarized other Christian authors throughout virtually all her writings. The sad facts of this matter have been thoroughly and indisputably established in several books.(e.g., see; Rea, Walter, The White Lie; and Judged by the Gospel, pp. 361–83). Ellen White died in 1915 at age eighty-eight.
Historically, evangelicals have had difficulty defining and categorizing SDA. Much SDA doctrine is biblically orthodox. Within its ranks are many true Christians, some even in positions of prominence. At various points in its history, most notably in the 1888 General Conference, the SDA church has been shaken by the biblical gospel. In the 1970s this became quite intense (Se: Paxton, Geoffrey, J., The Shaking of Adventism). Unfortunately, it produced a polarization. The church administrators generally became more entrenched in the unorthodox positions of traditional SDA, while some pastors and even whole congregations left or were asked to leave the SDA church (“From Controversy to Crisis,” CRI Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 9–14). In official publications the SDA church continues to defend Ellen White legends, and maintain there was no difference in the degree of inspiration she received from that received by Bible writers (Review & Herald, 4 October 1928, p. 11; “Source of Final Appeal,” Adventist Review, 3 June 1971, pp. 4–6; G. A. Irwin, Mark of the Beast, p. 1; “The Inspiration and Authority of the Ellen G. White Writings,” Adventist Review, 15 July 1982, p. 3; Ministry, October 1981, p. 8; see also, Judged by the Gospel, pp. 125–30). In their June, 2000, General Conference they voted to more aggressively affirm and support the “Spirit of Prophecy through the ministry of Ellen White”(Adventist Today,[online: July 2000]). They also teach a number of other doctrines clearly irreconcilable with the biblical gospel (see “Doctrine,” below). So long as these things continue, evangelicals must persist in questioning the status of the SDA church organization in Christianity, and much more, her claim to be God’s only true, end-time “Remnant Church.”
Doctrine
SDA teachings most clearly contrary to the gospel and unorthodox in nature are its insistence on water baptism as an essential prerequisite to salvation, its teaching about the end time significance of sabbath observance to identification of true believers, and its doctrine of the Investigative Judgement.
Baptism:“…Christ made it clear that He required baptism of those who wished to become part of his church, His spiritual kingdom.”“In baptism believers enter into the passion experience of our Lord.”“…[B]aptism also marks [a] person’s entrance into Christ’s spiritual kingdom.…it unites the new believer to Christ.… Through baptism the Lord adds the new disciples to the body of believers — His body, the church.… Then they are members of God’s family”(SDA’s Believe…, pp. 182, 184, 187).
benefits
I don;t think anyone here cars or is interested in Ellen G. White only what the Bible has to present.
Realist

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Sure, it's the only true church if you're into scaring the shit out of teenagers and molesting young boys.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says......"cherry picked"
Michael says.......sounds like catholics that you are talking about.
1).. Most catholics use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.
2)..More catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the church screams "BLOODY MURDER"
3) Most roman catholics and many catholic clergy claim celebacy should be optional........the church screams NO!
4) Millions of roman catholics today believe women could be ordained priests.........the church leaders scream NEVER!
5) Millions of roman catholics are divorced. The church says this is not right!
6) Less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly........the church screams SINNERS!
OTHERS!....Cherry pick you say!(LOL)
BUSTED! again!!
You "still don't get it" do you Michael!! The "conduct" of the (rebellious and defiant" members IN the Church has (nothing to do) as to whether or not God, Jesus or the Catholic Church is proclaiming and teaching the TRUTH
1.God gave us the 10 Commandments!!---People have chosen to defy them since the beginning of Creation
2. Jesus said that He is "the way the truth and the life"--People like you, reject HIM and HIS WORDS--- EVERY DAY!
3. The Catholic Church teaches that abortion, gay marriage, contraception is wrong since it "goes against Natural Law-----People say "so what"! I'm free to do "what I want"!
You, Michael, have become an "expert at making "ridiculous (opinionated) examples"---of which you are "the only one" that "sucks it up" these (exaggerated statistics)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Gee-Tee 8,146
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••