Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,181
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430098 Mar 27, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, don't you think all of us (or all religions)twist scripture to say what we want it to say?
Also, if you can answer this, let me know. I have been very sick, and hospitalized twice within a couple of weeks (due to dangerously low sugar - usually it's sky high) and fell into unconsciousness, my husband found me on the floor and called 911) I was totally out of it, don't remember a thing, it was just a deep, dreamless sleep - nothing to be afraid of - couldn't death be just like that? Nothingness? If so, it's nothing to fear.
Love and the best of luck to you and yours.
Sorry to hear that Sherlayne. I am on insulin as well and have had several hypo's and was barely conscious.

You are right. Just as Lazarus awoke from death without even a mention of Heaven, it was just as if he awoke from a sleep.

I would hate to think my Mum and Dad are up there looking down on me here.

Lokk after yourself XXXX.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#430099 Mar 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible belongs to the Catholic Church and you know it.
It did not pop out of the sky and handed out for all to determine their own Christianity.
Now quit being so stupid. Those verses you attempt to teach on were already explained once.
Jesus Christ did not start a Book, He started a Church. If you claim Christ instituted the Books of the Bible to be His authority on His Ministry, could you provide a verse stating such an absurdity??
The Holy Scriptures were collected by the Church and added to the Hebrew Books in the 4th century by the Catholic Church at Rome.
Tiger, this is irrefutable undeniable historic fact.
This nonsense you preach is about 150 yrs old and ever evolving. THAT is what a cult does...
~~~~

YOU WROTE

IT BELONGS TO WHOSOEVER WILL BELIEVE IT...

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

~~~

SO IT COULDN'T BELONG TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

FOR THEY NEITHER BELIEVE NOR RECEIVE IT..AND LOATHE THE THOUGH OF

LIVING BY IT.

THEY HAVE THEIR BOOK CALL THEIR CATECHISM,

#430100 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, do not have the arrogance to tell us our Bible came from the RCC. The "nonsense" I "preach is straight from the Bible you claim is yours. It is as ancient as the Gospels. Just your church changed the doctrine of it into a false one.
Only by denying all the texts I have given have you a hope of convincing anyone but a dogmatic ignoramus that we go to Heaven when we die.
Death is a sleep. Your Bible tells us so.
Ultimately, Bible truth about death is comforting. Our beloved dead are sleeping quietly, awaiting the resurrection when Jesus returns. Truth also protects us from being deceived by heartless, tricky demons who can easily impersonate the dead.
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).
Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!
Note the TWO resurrections. Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in.
YOU WROTE...

"Nothing here which says our spirits are already there!"

I GAVE YOU TWO EXAMPLES FROM THE BIBLE...Did you not read my post....

I don't call Jesus "Nothing" DO YOU?... HE COMMENDED HIS SPIRIT TO THE FATHER..did he not?

Stephen COMMENDED his spirit to Jesus...while JESUS WAS GIVING HIM A STANDING OVATION...

I HARDLY BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD CALL THEM "NOTHING"

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430101 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the comma is placed correct Jesus is simply telling the new convert he is saved as of Today, not that they will be going to Heaven. Jesus did not go to Heaven, then why would he lie to the new convert. He didnt.
The dead sleep until the Second Coming, just as Lazarus did. Jesus said plainly "Lazarus sleeps". When Jesus called Lazarus He did not call Lazarus down from Heaven. He said "COME FORTH!" Not: "come down."
Mincing words, as we all tend to do.

#430102 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, do not have the arrogance to tell us our Bible came from the RCC. The "nonsense" I "preach is straight from the Bible you claim is yours. It is as ancient as the Gospels. Just your church changed the doctrine of it into a false one.
Only by denying all the texts I have given have you a hope of convincing anyone but a dogmatic ignoramus that we go to Heaven when we die.
Ultimately, Bible truth about death is comforting. Our beloved dead are sleeping quietly, awaiting the resurrection when Jesus returns. Truth also protects us from being deceived by heartless, tricky demons who can easily impersonate the dead.
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).
Note the TWO resurrections. Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in.
I DON'T AGREE WITH THE Roman CATHOLICS, BUT NEITHER DO I AGREE WITH YOU.

TO BEGAN WITH THOSE THAT ARE CAUGHT AWAY IN THE "RAPTURE" WILL NOT BE HAILED INTO JUDGMENT...

==>THEY WILL BE DEEMED WORTHY ( TO PARTAKE OF THE MARRIAGE SUPER OF THE LAMB) BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE EARTH...ELSE THEY WILL NOT BE CAUGHT AWAY..

The Bible says

Rev_20:==> Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#430103 Mar 27, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>

And pass the key to a pope out of nowhere...
Hmm..can you support it?
But they do all the time. What happened to limbo? Cremation? St. Christopher? Women didn't have souls? I think Purgatory may be next on its way out. Also, Communion fasting rules? They change all the time.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#430104 Mar 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
YOU WROTE
IT BELONGS TO WHOSOEVER WILL BELIEVE IT...
Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
~~~
SO IT COULDN'T BELONG TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
FOR THEY NEITHER BELIEVE NOR RECEIVE IT..AND LOATHE THE THOUGH OF
LIVING BY IT.
THEY HAVE THEIR BOOK CALL THEIR CATECHISM,
Please tell me where the Bible says those 27 Books are 'the Bible'?

You can't because it doesn't say it.
You're relying on the Catholic Church and her Sacred Tradition that bore forth the New Testament canon.
Then- in your foolish arrogance- you put a false title on it (sola scripture) and preceded to beat the Holy Catholic Church over the head.
This Easter Sunday, you'll be observing the day the Roman Catholic Church said to observe for Our Lords death and resurrection. Remember that.

You fools think the New Testament canon was written; passed out to the folks; and THEN the Catholic Church began.

Now I'll step aside as you fundies use the Bible from the Catholic Church to bludgeon each other with.
marge

Ames, IA

#430105 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judgement day decides which resurrection you will take part in."

Excuse me? Have you not been adopted by God as a son, yet?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430106 Mar 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're relying on the Catholic Church and her Sacred Tradition that bore forth the New Testament canon.
Then- in your foolish arrogance- you put a false title on it (sola scripture) and preceded to beat the Holy Catholic Church over the head.
This Easter Sunday, you'll be observing the day the Roman Catholic Church said to observe for Our Lords death and resurrection. Remember that.
You fools think the New Testament canon was written; passed out to the folks; and THEN the Catholic Church began.
Now I'll step aside as you fundies use the Bible from the Catholic Church to bludgeon each other with.
Tell us where in the Bible it says it is a catholic Bible?
If it is catholic, why waste time writing the catechism?
marge

Ames, IA

#430107 Mar 27, 2013
I agree with confrinting on the subject, and the Bible text as written on the subject, i and many others have understood for a very long time, 'rest in peace' is a promise from God for those who die in Him.

#430108 Mar 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T AGREE WITH THE Roman CATHOLICS, BUT NEITHER DO I AGREE WITH YOU.
TO BEGAN WITH THOSE THAT ARE CAUGHT AWAY IN THE "RAPTURE" WILL NOT BE HAILED INTO JUDGMENT...
==>THEY WILL BE DEEMED WORTHY ( TO PARTAKE OF THE MARRIAGE SUPER OF THE LAMB) BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE EARTH...ELSE THEY WILL NOT BE CAUGHT AWAY..
The Bible says
Rev_20:==> Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
~~~

WHAT EVER CHURCH YOU BELONG TO ...

THOSE THAT DO NOT MEET THE HOLY QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THEM TO BE CAUGHT AWAY IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION HAD BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ...JESUS IS COMING SOON...

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

JUST WHOM ARE YOU BEARING WITH,...IS IT THE AUTHENTIC JESUS OR ANOTHER

IS IT ANOTHER GOSPEL? OR THE WORD OF GOD.?

JESUS IS HOLY ...

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

"HEAVEN IS A HOLY PLACE FILLED WITH GLORY AND WITH GRACE..

.SIN CAN NEVER ENTER THERE!"

Location hidden

#430109 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not found that in any of my Bibles.
Chapter and verse please?
It sounds like it is from a source which is not in alignment with the Bible.
Do these "spirits of the righteous" look like people?
Can they see us here on Earth?
Are they immortal?
Have they been through a Judgement Day?
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing...(Ecclesiastes 9:5)
The dead are at total rest.
They know and are aware of absolutely nothing!
They do not even know they are dead.
They are not in heaven with God or burning in hellfire or in purgatory.
There are not spirits or ghosts of dead humans running around the earth spooking people.
That fact should ruin many a bad movie and book plots for you, but it is a fact!
The person who recently put his soul up for auction on the Internet should be charged with fraud if he accepted any bid because he is selling something he does not have!
I'm sure he knew this to be true.
The only spirits and ghosts around are God and the angels.
God has existed from the beginning, and He created the angels.
Its a book recently put on the market...it is called "dictionary"...
marge

Ames, IA

#430110 Mar 27, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do all the time. What happened to limbo? Cremation? St. Christopher? Women didn't have souls? I think Purgatory may be next on its way out. Also, Communion fasting rules? They change all the time.
Don't bother with what men say Sheryl, just pray to God alone as your your Father and Creator in Heaven, He alone Loves you so very much more than man ever could.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#430111 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not found that in any of my Bibles.
Chapter and verse please?
It sounds like it is from a source which is not in alignment with the Bible.
Do these "spirits of the righteous" look like people?
Can they see us here on Earth?
Are they immortal?
Have they been through a Judgement Day?
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing...(Ecclesiastes 9:5)
The dead are at total rest.
They know and are aware of absolutely nothing!
They do not even know they are dead.
They are not in heaven with God or burning in hellfire or in purgatory.
There are not spirits or ghosts of dead humans running around the earth spooking people.
That fact should ruin many a bad movie and book plots for you, but it is a fact!
The person who recently put his soul up for auction on the Internet should be charged with fraud if he accepted any bid because he is selling something he does not have!
I'm sure he knew this to be true.
The only spirits and ghosts around are God and the angels.
God has existed from the beginning, and He created the angels.
while you are paraphrasing this part of a song that david wrote, it still remains ONLY a song. yet you choose to beleive that when Jesus spoke of that rich man and a man NAMED Lazarus , is ONLY a Parable. and I like Oxbow dont beleive it is "just a parable". I also dont beleive like you do ,that Jesus is a liar, and doesnt mean what He says.

and I must admit that I am perplexed when Marge calls you a brother, when your belief and that of the other sda's on this forum believe that we who worship the Lord on Sundays Services have received the "mark of the beast", when that "mark" hasnt been given nor forced on anyone at this time of the Christian era.

I have never given credence to marge being very intelligent since she first popped onto this forum, but to the others on here you arent fooling anyone, and that includes Clay.

#430112 Mar 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
like the great roman catholic you are...WHEN YOU GET AGAINST THE WALL...YOU INEVITABLY CHANGE THE SUBJECT...

LIKE THE DEAF PERSON YOU ARE...YOU ALWAYS ATTEMPT TO CHOOSE THE SUBJECT THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN GAINSAY ...

LIKE THE BLIND PERSON YOU ARE,

,Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Luk_6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

Location hidden

#430113 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We are taught in Timothy that we should compare scripture with scripture, text with text to prove a doctrine.
As I said, the comma is in the wrong place.
You believe the punctuation is inspired?
If the above text is correct and Jesus DID meet the thief in Heaven when He died, it puts a lot of texts in jeopardy.
Death is a sleep and there are dozens of texts which state that.
How come King David did not go to heaven when he died then?
Death is sleep.
David spoke of “the sleep of death”(Psalms 13:3).
All throughout the Old Testament, when kings died, they “slept with their fathers”(1 Kings 2:10).
The same is true in the New Testament. When Lazarus died, Jesus Christ said,“Our friend Lazarus is sleeping… Jesus spoke of his death”(John 11:11 -13).
After Stephen was martyred,“he fell asleep”(Acts 7:60).
Dead Christians “sleep in Jesus”(1 Thessalonians 4:14).
Daniel wrote that at the end of time,“many who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).
Thus the dead are sleeping in the dust of the earth. Someday, they will wake up.
Finally, the Christians’ hope is the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection. When our Lord returns,“the dead in Christ shall rise… so shall we ever be with the Lord”(1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Look closely. Paul said Christians will “be with the Lord” when He returns.
Jesus taught the same thing when He promised His disciples,“I will come again, and receive you to Myself”(John 14:3). Again, look closely.
Jesus did not say,“I’ll meet you in Heaven when you die,” but that He would receive us when He returns.
I’ll conclude with the words of Jesus Christ Himself:
http://www.thetruthaboutdeath.org/
http://www.thetruthabouthell.org/
Any way you slice it...you are changing Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....

I have not seen any versions of the Bible that shows the error you are saying is in the Bible...
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#430114 Mar 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Once believers are 'in Jesus', they remain there forever, the Bible says the believers that die are asleep in Jesus.
On the Last Day, we get our new bodies and go to Heaven, those who have died and those alive at that time, at the same time we go to Heaven.
I love you too T.
you ought to be ashamed of yourself to say that you love him. he is like his father the devil ,in his changing of the Word of God,how can anyone who like you claims to be a Christian love the devil and his followers. do some research and find out what the sda's beleive

Location hidden

#430115 Mar 27, 2013
090 078
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all your Bibles are infallible.
No mistakes at all. REALLY?
How about this...
Death is sleep.
David spoke of “the sleep of death”(Psalms 13:3).
All throughout the Old Testament, when kings died, they “slept with their fathers”(1 Kings 2:10).
The same is true in the New Testament.
When Lazarus died, Jesus Christ said,“Our friend Lazarus is sleeping… Jesus spoke of his death”(John 11:11 -13).
After Stephen was martyred,“he fell asleep”(Acts 7:60).
Dead Christians “sleep in Jesus”(1 Thessalonians 4:14).
Daniel wrote that at the end of time,“many who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).
Thus the dead are sleeping in the dust of the earth. Someday, they will wake up.
Finally, the Christians’ hope is the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection.
When our Lord returns,“the dead in Christ shall rise… so shall we ever be with the Lord”(1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Look closely. Paul said Christians will “be with the Lord” when He returns.
You beliefs are contrary to this scripture. You believe the dead are already in Heaven. Jesus hasn't returned yet!
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

The word "after" denotes the order of events...death followed by judgment...period....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430116 Mar 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...yeah....yeah.....blah-b lah-blah....we've heard this rant all before hojo. You just don't get it, huh?
You just don't get, I could care less about what you repeat over and over again, it just goes to show me and others that you are clueless about your religion, and would rather make repetitive posts of the same hogwash, INSTEAD OF, offering some substance to the forum.
Go back and stick your head back into that little hole you've made for it.
I have no intention "wasting my time" discussing, debating or deliberating, your "Protestant" (bogus) interpretations and (distorted) meanings of "cherry picked" bible verses......... Your bible only "editorialized translations of Sacred Scripture, is "NOTHING" but "relative truth" Christianity---(what each person thinks is true)........The TRUE INTERPRETATION-of the bible--- HAS ALREADY BEEN "VERIFIED AS TRUTH" in 382, 393, and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers---"who gave you "Protestant (fundies) your bible that you mis-interpret, mis-quote and falsely mis-represent!
For over 500 years, since the Reformation, you have DONE NOTHING but create more and more division, more and more contradicting, and more and more conflicting "compromising" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible with 42,000 hodge-podge Protestant denominations.(who CANNOT, nor EVER WILL agree on ANYTHING)..... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate!! The TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has been authenticated (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) as being PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years......Go argue among yourselves!!!! We, as Catholics, ALREADY HAVE POSSESSED AND ADHERED to the TRUTH that "the Church came 1st!!--Then the bible, more than 350 years later. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS---but to share in the TRUTH of Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and the One TRUE (Universal)Catholic Church that Our Lord gave to us!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#430117 Mar 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,634
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 5 hr jodlas 60
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Wed truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... Wed truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Tue QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Mon ELIAS IBARRA 8
Pope's visit promises unpleasant surprise to Tu... Nov 17 Rockstar 3

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE