Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637208 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#430279 Mar 29, 2013
What you will say if someone asked did you see Jesus.
yes i see someone on bicycle very tall..i left church early then others simple kiss cross then go toward my house
oh i say look this almighty ,an..yes but after maybe 30 second i turn over no more bicycle no Almighty man..where is gone?
Where is your address Jesus?
truth

Perth, Australia

#430282 Mar 29, 2013
this time i don't liked kiss jesus in feet no symbolicly
simple i kiss him in ear
''samo reci rijec i ozdravit ce dusa moja''=euharistic
is that shame when priest simple give you feet..no but its not nice force people..they can think what ever they liked.
simple say near ear .after all he know before you come..
until they waiting in line in church
someone don't have place there..no
nemoj kazat samo sto smo se uputili kuci kad je isus na drvu kriza symbolicly primio poljubac u uho
''samo rijec i ozdravit ce dusa moja''..

who is on bycicle tall Almighty..
oh
are you for sure jesus not walking outside as you make statment..

yes he is everywhere
please tell me

why jesus and his mother don't have place or room..no
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#430283 Mar 29, 2013
Croat,one question?
Are you Ustasha?
truth

Perth, Australia

#430284 Mar 29, 2013
i just try tell you meaning and deference
tell one word and my soul will heal=euharistic=bread
you say old testament nothing new with new testament yes it is..

tell one word my soul will heal=bread
when you say what you will do in ear or what
truth

Perth, Australia

#430285 Mar 29, 2013
jesus heal ear from preest servent

Since: Nov 08

usa

#430286 Mar 29, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8 - How are you doing? I hope you're comfortable. And you know I wish you well.
hi sherlayne,i'm doing fine as far as i know,i go next month for my pet/cat scan to see if there are any tumors,i doubt there is, i feel ok,i'm putting a little weight on which is good sign in my case..how are you doing? haven't seen you here lately.
Clay

United States

#430287 Mar 29, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain the Bible to people like you. If you ever had a catechism you would find footnotes on each page. Duh!
What came first the Church or the Bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YqKjcTHsuw0XX
Before any discussion begins about Christianity on this forum, it should be required that y'all watch Stars video link.
What came first? The Church or the Bible?

Sola Scripture is literally impossible to subscribe to. Its amazing you guys added this teaching to Jesus Christ's Ministry when He never preached, discussed or commanded such a theory. Sola Scripture is a doctrine of men. Its strange and relatively new.
On this Holy day called Good Friday, I pray you reflect and pray on where you stand on Jesus Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430288 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not call Gods Word (propaganda)----ONLY YOUR INTERPRETATION (or better yet mis-interpretation of what the Bible actually says! That is why--for over 35 years---YES--I "did" walk in darkness!! It was bible only (half-truth, half-heretical) Protestant "darkness" that (1) REJECTED 1500 years of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY (with Protestants "making up" their own distorted history
(2) REJECTED Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church (in Matthew 16:13-21 (3) REJECTED Seven of the Original books of the bible (4) REJECTED the TRUE body and TRUE blood of Jesus Christ HIMSELF--in the Eucharist---John 6:47-59 (5)REJECTED the authoritative, visible, heirarchical Churches that the Apostoles directed beginning with the 1st Church of Antioch with bishops, priests, elders and deacons --Act 2,(6) REJECTED the words of Paul
in I Thy 3:15, when he calls "the Church--(not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH AND (7) REJECTED and REPLACED the expressed, spoken and stated words of Jesus HIMSELF in the Gospels, with "each fundies" own interpretation of what Jesus taught regarding His Church, Salvation, baptism and confession! Yes, Confrinting!! I DID walk in bible only"darkness for over 35 years, until God Our father, through His Son Jesus and the leading of the Holy Spirit --led me "out of your sola scriptura Protestant heresy, lies and deceit--into the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His Saving Power of Salvation--(in and through) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You can have your "bible only heretical "darkness"!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
So for 1500 micro_seconds..... a blip in God infinity of time.

The Roman Catholics religious system has existed ....

and

believe that they control God's eternal grace and love...while ignoring

His word, while replacing it with their own fables and conjecture..

You first alleged pope wrote...

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

QUESTION..

WHY DO YOU SAY PETER IS THE FIRST POPE AND IGNORE WHAT HE WROTE?

BETTER YET..

WHY DO YOU SAY JESUS IS LORD...AND IGNORE HIM?

usa

#430289 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
your small percentage is not that small,remember the child abuse goes from priests right up to a pope centuries ago,in 2000 yrs,who knows how many have been abused in that time period,we'll never know,plus it is not a localized incident,it's world wide,your small percentage is probably somewhere around the 40% mark,and that's pretty bad.one priest alone molested 200 kids over an extended period of time and Benny knew it,interceded on his behalf to stop the investigation,like I've said one child molester is one to may,the father Murphy incident proves that."the church is not guilty" you are joking right? you have to be,it's well known and has been established as fact the church is guilty of trying to cover up the scandal,plus they were found guilty of bank fraud and money laundering." Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church",false statement, Jesus never names his church,no scripture supports it, he did not create denominations,man did,his purpose was to teach/preach his fathers word only not create multiple religious groups,you can't even prove he existed,no body,no nothing,the church without divine authority changed the commandments,changed the Sabbath,created a false traditions an catechism,owns companies that build idols that they bow and pray to totally going against gods commandment,the are guilty of numerous crimes against man, the very people they are suppose to be there for,yet they tortured,killed and put fear into people to get them to follow the church,used the roman empire to back them up,they are thieves,everything within the walls of Vatican city is stolen property from countries that were conquered by the roman empire and the pope sanctioned crusades.and yes you are right sin is everywhere,it's not restricted just to the catholic church, but to out right deny it and hide it is unbelievable.there is more proof out there the R.P.C.church is not the true church than it is,you just close your eyes to it. very sad.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430290 Mar 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So for 1500 micro_seconds..... a blip in God infinity of time.
For the 1st 1500 years of the Catholic Church ---"fundamentalists have "created" a bible only "rejection" of Church History AND the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF Sacred Scripture!

The FACT is that Jesus and his disciples didn"t practice Sola Scripture.(1) Christians accepted the resurrection, not based on the Bible, but based on the authority of the eyewitnesses. The disciples didn"t have any beliefs based on the Old Testament about Jesus resurrection because at first, they didn"t even believe the Messiah would have to die.(Luke 24:1-11; John 20:16-29) Neither did they base it on the New Testament because this wasn't written yet. So they didn"t believe in the resurrection because the Gospel of Mark said so, but BECAUSE the apostles taught it and handed down that belief.(1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 2 Peter 1:16)

For these reasons, it is "obvious" that Christians in Biblical times didn"t believe in Sola Scriptura then, neither can it be true now. If it wasn"t Biblical before the Bible was finished, how could it become Scriptural after its completion? Just as Christians did then, we too can formulate beliefs based not only on Scripture, but also on the Divine Revelation of the Holy Spirit as received through those with appropriate authority in the church, or such revelation as preserved in the Traditions of the Church. The Word of God isn"t limited to the Bible! God can speak to each of us, and those who are enlightened by his Spirit, may impart information to us not found in the Bible, just as He spoke to the Christians in the first 1500 years of the Church!!

usa

#430291 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is not guilty of anything, because Jesus Christ IS the Church,(the Bride of Christ). Those who are guilty are a small % of the priests who have "rejected and scandalized "themselves" and their priestly vocation. The "perverted conduct" of these pedophile priests does not change or alter the fact that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will always teach the TRUTH of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. "Sin" is prevalent "everywhere", in "every" Church, in "every" one of your 42,000+ Protestant denominations. This is why Jesus established HIS Catholic Church over 2000 years ago----TO SAVE SINNERS!!!
jesus is not the catholic church,rotflmao

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#430292 Mar 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>He is not Catholic he is Eastern Orthodox....
same damn thing! my father is/was catholic and my mother syrian orthodox and i was a spiritually crazy & mixed up kid

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#430293 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "substance" that you "fundies" claim to have is nothing but editorialized "relative Truth" Christianity (what each person believes is true for them only)------The "pot" of protestant propaganda just keeps getting more and more polluted!!
what part of -'can't we all just flush our self-righteousness/religion down the toilet and trust the Christ of God (i.e., repent & believe the Gospel)'- do you refuse to obey???
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430294 Mar 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your small percentage is not that small,remember the child abuse goes from priests right up to a pope centuries ago,in 2000 yrs,
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430295 Mar 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>jesus is not the catholic church,rotflmao
Sorry to disappoint you, jethro8, but Jesus Christ IS THE CHURCH--the One True UNIVERSAL (Catholic) Church, beginning with Matthew 16:13-21 and ALL through 2000 years of PROVEN Church HISTORY...... Jesus in Matt 16 calls His Church "Upon this rock I will build MY CHURCH" ---Jesus Church is the Bride of Christ-----has, is and will ALWAYS BE!! Your (opinionated) editorialized "making up of Church History along with (personally) "editorializing" the TRUE interpretation of the bible, doesn't change the TRUTH!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430296 Mar 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of -'can't we all just flush our self-righteousness/religion down the toilet and trust the Christ of God (i.e., repent & believe the Gospel)'- do you refuse to obey???
Fine with me!!! Then you "fundies" quit attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#430297 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine with me!!! Then you "fundies" quit attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith!!!
WTF is "true catholic faith"; torturing and killing non-roman catholics???

"have faith in God" Jesus - mark 11:22

usa

#430298 Mar 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Child abuse in the Protestant Churches,(equals or exceeds)that of the Catholic Church and so your "narrow minded" (exaggerated)attacks against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, have no basis of credible comparison. You "fundies" have been given those "protestant child abuse websites over and over again, and so this is just more of your anti-catholic hostile and vengefilled "beating of a dead horse". The sexual CONDUCT of a small % of priests that have "gone against their priestly vows", and who have usurped the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church (that it is sinfully wrong to abuse children)---HAS ON BEARING --as the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will always teach the TRUTH that it sin is an "abomination" in the eyes of God. I/We, as Catholics, follow, believe, worship and adhere to the fact that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. EVERY ONE of you "bible only"authors were sinners,--Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners.---So if you are going to judge people in the Church BY CONDUCT, then you had better "throw out your bible" because Moses, David and Paul --WERE ALL SINNERS! This only shows how "confused, hypocritical, bigoted and (messed up) you "bible only fundies" are in your distorted and confused thinking!!
child abuse is worse than in the catholic church?? then how come they are not getting the headlines the pagan/christian church is? and what proof do you have? and this forum is not about other churches,it's about the catholic church and it's ridiculous claim as to being the true church,which is a lie,there is no documented history that supports their position,only what they say,and that's not good enough,the church is well known for not being honest,so what ever it says has to be looked at twice before you can remotely believe it... and i am not attacking Jesus' church,i'm posting against the the created church of a pagan emperor,and a 100 hand picked ordinary men,who put together a book of rules,and by combining paganism and Christianity they created the pagan/christian church which was later named by Ignatius, the catholic church. it has nothing to do with god/jesus.and i'm not confused or being hypocritical,my head is not filled with the ideals and misguided beliefs that are being taught.I follow no religious group,none speak the whole truth and that can be blamed on the catholic church and it's creators for burning books.

usa

#430299 Mar 29, 2013
If the Bible is a Catholic book ,Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

usa

#430300 Mar 29, 2013
Roman Catholic Doctrinal evolution:

Introduction of New doctrines not found in The Bible

The key-word that describes the doctrine of Roman Catholics is: CHANGE

Pre-Roman Catholic False teachings

200 AD

Immersion of infants who are dying, but considered sinless.(Tertullian V.12)

250 AD

North Africa region is first to practice infant baptism and reduced the age of baptism from minors to all newborns. This is opposed by other regions.

257 AD

Baptism by sprinkling for adults instead of immersion first used as an exception for those on sick beds, but it caused great dispute.

300 AD

Prayers for the dead

320 AD

Special dress code of the clergy in worship

325 AD

At the general council of Nice, 325, it was proposed indeed, probably by the Western bishop Hosius, to forbid entirely the marriage of priests; but the motion met with strong opposition, and was rejected.

325 AD

The date for Easter was set.

379 AD

Praying to Mary & Saints.(prayers of Ephraim Syrus)

385 AD

In the West, the first prohibition of clerical marriage, which laid claim to universal ecclesiastical authority, proceeded in 385 from the Roman church in the form of a decretal letter of the bishop Siricius to Himerius, bishop of Tarragona in Spain.

389 AD

Mariolatry begins with Gregory Nazianzen, who mentions in a eulogy, how Justina had besought the virgin Mary to protect her virginity.

400 AD

Impossibility of apostasy or once saved always saved,(Augustine XII.9)

416 AD

Infant baptism by immersion commanded of all infants (Council Of Mela, Austin was the principal director)

430 AD

Exhalation of Virgin Mary: "Mother of God" first applied by the Council of Ephesus

502 AD

Special dress code of the Clergy all the time.

500 AD

The "Habit" of Nuns (Black gowns with white tunics)

519 AD

Lent

526 AD

Extreme Unction

593 AD

The Doctrine of Purgatory popularized from the Apocrypha by Gregory the Great

600 AD

First use of Latin in worship (Gregory I)...continued

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... 20 hr serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Fri Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web