Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#430032 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A parable? Is that the straw you think cancels all the other texts?
Are you looking forward to living in Abraham's bosom?
Howe can you take vague texts like a parable to over rule the texts below?
these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#430033 Mar 27, 2013
Serious religious question....

If one dies in the FULLNESS of faith...

and another person of equal character dies without this FULLNESS of faith..,.

are they treated differently by God?

In other words, what exactly does FULLNESS of faith mean?

It seems to imply a superior spiritually?

If so, how can we witness this superiority? Surely something like this should be manifested in some way, like a less violent society, or a more just society.

So what does it mean and how can we witness this FULLNESS?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#430034 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
It is written that your god is moved by weak human emotions such as jealousy and anger.

Why does your god get angry and murder scores of innocents, including harmless children, all because of the sins of a few?

What a crude, angry little spirit would do that?

But it is written.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430035 Mar 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics will (continue) as we always have,---for over 2000 years, adhering, believing and abiding in the TRUTH and Salvation of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY one) BIBLICALLY AND HISTORICALLY (PROVEN) TRUE Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church-- "The Bride of Christ"!---You my friend, can believe and do what you want!! Makes not difference to me ANY of us Catholics --since WE ALL KNOW that we have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith in the Grace that Our Lord gave His apostles, disciples and followers in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!
Yeah...yeah....yeah.....blah-b lah-blah....we've heard this rant all before hojo. You just don't get it, huh?

You just don't get, I could care less about what you repeat over and over again, it just goes to show me and others that you are clueless about your religion, and would rather make repetitive posts of the same hogwash, INSTEAD OF, offering some substance to the forum.

Go back and stick your head back into that little hole you've made for it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430036 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Serious religious question....
If one dies in the FULLNESS of faith...
and another person of equal character dies without this FULLNESS of faith..,.
are they treated differently by God?
In other words, what exactly does FULLNESS of faith mean?
It seems to imply a superior spiritually?
If so, how can we witness this superiority? Surely something like this should be manifested in some way, like a less violent society, or a more just society.
So what does it mean and how can we witness this FULLNESS?
If you are trying to get hojo to repost his rant, I think you have succeeded.....*smiles*.....eve n though he doesn't have any "fullness" about him at all.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430037 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT IN THE LEAST INTRESTED IN A COMMENTARY(OPINION) BY ANYONE THAT IS NOT bIBLICAL BASED ON FACTUAL SCRIPTURES.AND YOU HAVE PROVIDED NONE OF THOSE.
since those commentaires (that people like you would read)are usually based on people like you who follow false teachers in the first place. to indicate that Jesus didnt mean it when He told that malefactor that that very day,he would be in paradise with Him that very day, clearly shows that you belong to satan since he told eve that God really didnt mean what He said.
If Jesus lied about that (and He didnt) then we cant beleive Him on other things that he spoke.A Christian believes EVERYTHING that He said, which clearly shows that You are not a Christian, and I can lump gif in that mix also since he doesnt believe that people go to Heaven when they die. but his problem is that he doesnt understand, yours is completly disbelief, not misunderstanding. to clarify, I am not saying that gif is not a Chrsitian, but I AM saying that you are not, along with your sda buddy on hefe.
1. Who cares what you are intere4sted.
2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting.
3. Who are you to judge who is right and who is a Christian. The fact that you do indicates to me you are a very poor "christian" yourself.

You will have to snap out of the cloud of deception Preston. It may not be good for you to perpetuate false beliefs when the Bible clearly tells us Jesus was NOT in Heaven on Good Friday.

Prove He was if you can.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430038 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A parable? Is that the straw you think cancels all the other texts?
Are you looking forward to living in Abraham's bosom?
Howe can you take vague texts like a parable to over rule the texts below?
Psalms 13:3 "lest I sleep the SLEEP of death"
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 "them that are ASLEEP"
Dan 12:2 "them that SLEEP in the dust"
1 Colossians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many SLEEP.
KJV. 1 Thessalonians 4:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are ASLEEP, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which SLEEP in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are ASLEEP ...
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
And many of them that SLEEP in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.(Dan. 12:2).
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:29).
When Jesus returns, He comes to resurrect those who SLEEP in the dust as well as those who are alive.
Psalms 13:3 "... lest I sleep the sleep of death"
1 Thess. 4:13-18 "them that are asleep"
Dan 12:2 "them that sleep in the dust"
It seems plain to me that when we die we sleep until the resurrection day.
You disagree with thes plian texts?
Abraham's bosom appeals to you more?
Either Abraham and Lazarus went to Heaven after they died, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!

Oxbow wrote:

Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????

Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Where is this guy??? See "in hell".

When you present Scripture that you say shows the verses I quoted as being contradicting to what you present....you have been successful in proving the infallible Word of God as being the opposite...in other words, fallible.

You are also saying the dictionary is wrong!!! Quote: heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

You have the God given right to reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430039 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
Misapplication of a parable.

Hell is not an arm's reach from Heaven. It is a parable which has meaning way beyond your capability of understanding, Preston.
The rich man and Lazarus are not real people but are allegoric.

I have never disproved the words of Jesus. I have quoted many texts, all in agreement and all you have is your "dead" grandpaw to refute them.

Wake up Preston. You seem to be a bit dimwitted.
socci

Cameron, MO

#430040 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
It is written that your god is moved by weak human emotions such as jealousy and anger.
Why does your god get angry and murder scores of innocents, including harmless children, all because of the sins of a few?
But it is written.

Anger is a trait of justice. You do understand justice? Justice is not murder. Why do you defend the satanists?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430041 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Either Abraham and Lazarus went to Heaven after they died, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!
Oxbow wrote:
Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????
Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Where is this guy??? See "in hell".
When you present Scripture that you say shows the verses I quoted as being contradicting to what you present....you have been successful in proving the infallible Word of God as being the opposite...in other words, fallible.
You are also saying the dictionary is wrong!!! Quote: heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.
You have the God given right to reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!
That was a parable Jesus taught. It needed no reference to real people. It was allegoric.
Are you saying only the spirits of the dead are in Heaven? Why did Jesus say He was going to prepare a plce when spirits don't need any place. Dumb idea. Continuing a Catholic notion, no less.

The parable of Lazarus and the rich man has been the foundation for many of the erroneous beliefs about "hell" within traditional Christianity. Some have viewed it not as a parable, but as a true story Christ told to give details about the punishment of sinners in hell. Yet a thorough, unbiased examination of this story will show that the generally accepted interpretations of this passage of Scripture are fallacious and misleading. In this article, we will go through the parable verse by verse to determine what Christ was truly teaching.
Those who insist that this is not a parable, but a true, literal story Christ told to describe the condition of the lost in hell must overlook several facts to arrive at that conclusion. First, Yeshua the Messiah never accuses the rich man of any sin. He is simply portrayed as a wealthy man who lived the good life. Furthermore, Lazarus is never proclaimed to be a righteous man. He is just one who had the misfortune to be poor and unable to care for himself. If this story is literal, then the logical implication is that all the rich are destined to burn in hell, while all the homeless and destitute will be saved. Does anyone believe this to be the case?

Location hidden

#430042 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>1. Who cares what you are intere4sted.
2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting.
3. Who are you to judge who is right and who is a Christian. The fact that you do indicates to me you are a very poor "christian" yourself.
You will have to snap out of the cloud of deception Preston. It may not be good for you to perpetuate false beliefs when the Bible clearly tells us Jesus was NOT in Heaven on Good Friday.
Prove He was if you can.
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."

"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

That is very very close to committing the one unforgivable sin...blasphemy...

Location hidden

#430043 Mar 27, 2013
041 015
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text> That was a parable Jesus taught. It needed no reference to real people. It was allegoric.
Are you saying only the spirits of the dead are in Heaven? Why did Jesus say He was going to prepare a plce when spirits don't need any place. Dumb idea. Continuing a Catholic notion, no less.
The parable of Lazarus and the rich man has been the foundation for many of the erroneous beliefs about "hell" within traditional Christianity. Some have viewed it not as a parable, but as a true story Christ told to give details about the punishment of sinners in hell. Yet a thorough, unbiased examination of this story will show that the generally accepted interpretations of this passage of Scripture are fallacious and misleading. In this article, we will go through the parable verse by verse to determine what Christ was truly teaching.
Those who insist that this is not a parable, but a true, literal story Christ told to describe the condition of the lost in hell must overlook several facts to arrive at that conclusion. First, Yeshua the Messiah never accuses the rich man of any sin. He is simply portrayed as a wealthy man who lived the good life. Furthermore, Lazarus is never proclaimed to be a righteous man. He is just one who had the misfortune to be poor and unable to care for himself. If this story is literal, then the logical implication is that all the rich are destined to burn in hell, while all the homeless and destitute will be saved. Does anyone believe this to be the case?

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430044 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."
"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Punctuation was added much later. It just might possibly have been written "Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Later the shalt and thou were swapped to make it mean today Jesus would be in Heaven with the thief.

It is plain He wasn't.

"I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong.

Otherwise, tell me why Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday yet He appeared in the upper room after that.

Location hidden

#430045 Mar 27, 2013
041 015
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text> That was a parable Jesus taught. It needed no reference to real people. It was allegoric.
And: Isaac and Jacob are also in Heaven....either they went there upon dying, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430046 Mar 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking in error.
Can you not understand the simple logic here?
How am I blaspheming in pointing out that Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday? A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here.

How can you stubbornly continue in thinking Jesus met the thief in Heaven on Good Fridaywhen scripture clearly tells us He was on earth for another 40 days?
Is blasphemy worse than stupidity?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430047 Mar 27, 2013
Please, in fairness study...
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/Lazarus-byH...

It won't take you long and you may profit by being better informed.

Location hidden

#430048 Mar 27, 2013
044 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation was added much later. It just might possibly have been written "Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Later the shalt and thou were swapped to make it mean today Jesus would be in Heaven with the thief.
It is plain He wasn't.
"I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong.
Otherwise, tell me why Jesus was in Heaven on Good Friday yet He appeared in the upper room after that.
Now you are saying the Bible is wrong ("I say unto you this day" is a common phrase used elswhere in scripture but this one time the punctuation was wrong).

Location hidden

#430049 Mar 27, 2013
046 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I blaspheming in pointing out that Jesus was not in Heaven on Good Friday? A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here.
How can you stubbornly continue in thinking Jesus met the thief in Heaven on Good Fridaywhen scripture clearly tells us He was on earth for another 40 days?
You are clearing showing Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#430050 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is written.
Where did you read that he killed innocent people?

Location hidden

#430051 Mar 27, 2013
046 037
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"A simple error by whoever punctuated the Bible is what is disputed here."

You have reaffirmed that you view the Word of God as being fallible.

I am willing to bet you refer to yourself as being a Christian (a follower of the teaching of Christ)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 19 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 20 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 20 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Sat KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Apr 30 untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web