Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,517
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430020 Mar 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have spent a life time (from the time I was 10-12 years old working
as youth leader,(AT MY HOME CHURCH) teacher,minister, pastor,youth pastor, teacher at a rehab..and still lead pastor of a Church at the age of 78...
I sure am glad that you aint GOD...EVE
N THOU YOU MUST THINK YOU ARE...
HOPE YOU ENJOY RESURRECTION DAY...(THE BIRTH DAY OF "GOD'S CHURCH UNDER GRACE"
YOU CATHOLIC MISER REFUSE TO SHARE GRACE AND ARE SELDOM GRACIOUS..IF EVER.
YOU SURLY COULD SHOW SOME OF THAT GRACE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD.
Grace is "God's favor"--a gift that He gives to all who acknowledge His presence, believe, follow and adhere to His WORD (made flesh) Jesus Christ!. God "initially" blessed His disciples, apostles and followers with the gift of His Son Jesus and the Salvation that he offers through HIS life, death and resurrection by "favoring and gifting" His followers with His One (and only One) True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church.in Matthew 16:13-21...... Unfortunately, Confrinting, you and your bible only "fundies" have chosen to "REJECT" Gods Grace of Jesus Christ because when you "REJECT" (His Bride--the Church)--you are "in fact" "REJECTING" Jesus HIMSELF!!!----The FULLNESS of the Faith, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace has, is and will "continue" to be manifested in Our Lords One True Catholic Church!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430021 Mar 27, 2013
Psalms 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Solomon wrote,“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in anything that is done under the sun... Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest”(Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10).

Again we read,“For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day”(Isaiah 38:18, 19).

Would not the righteous dead praise God if they were ushered into heaven at their death?

David repeats the same timeless truth,“The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence”(Psalm 115:17).“For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks”(Psalm 6:5).

So why are not all those who have died praising God in Heave?

Because they are not there yet!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430022 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find anyone "who knows" anything mystical, please show us the proof.
Until then, let's celebrate something we can all predict, verify, and depend upon religiously -- the Spring Equinox.
Yes. Let's all worship ISHTAR the godess of fertility.

Eggs, rabbits and fertility worship.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430023 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Psalms 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Solomon wrote,“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in anything that is done under the sun... Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest”(Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10).
Again we read,“For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day”(Isaiah 38:18, 19).
Would not the righteous dead praise God if they were ushered into heaven at their death?
David repeats the same timeless truth,“The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence”(Psalm 115:17).“For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks”(Psalm 6:5).
So why are not all those who have died praising God in Heave?
Because they are not there yet!
And you died and came back to life, so you know the truth.

Sure.

Why do you believe men?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430024 Mar 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

YOU CATHOLIC MISER REFUSE TO SHARE GRACE AND ARE SELDOM GRACIOUS..IF EVER.
YOU SURLY COULD SHOW SOME OF THAT GRACE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD.
I/We, as Catholics,---- share Gods Grace with you "every day"!!! You "fundies" just "CONTINUE" to "reject" it!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#430025 Mar 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace is "God's favor"--a gift that He gives to all who acknowledge His presence, believe, follow and adhere to His WORD (made flesh) Jesus Christ!.

Ah yes - qualifiers.....gotta love 'em. Especially, when man makes them up.

Sounds like you are "brown-nosing" again hojo.

Please get off of your knees.

:o)
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>God "initially" blessed His disciples, apostles and followers with the gift of His Son Jesus and the Salvation that he offers through HIS life, death and resurrection by "favoring and gifting" His followers with His One (and only One) True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church.
False conclusion.

a. The so-called "Church" has never beenfully defined.
b. With you not accepting many of Jesus' teachings, you have not received his fullness.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>in Matthew 16:13-21...... Unfortunately, Confrinting, you and your bible only "fundies" have chosen to "REJECT" Gods Grace of Jesus Christ because when you "REJECT" (His Bride--the Church)--you are "in fact" "REJECTING" Jesus HIMSELF!!!
Just like you do.

Welcome to Christianity - the religion which only teaches a portion of what Jesus taught.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>----The FULLNESS of the Faith, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace has, is and will "continue" to be manifested in Our Lords One True Catholic Church!!!
Wrong again, there is no fullness when only a portion of information is accepted and used. One could actually call it INCOMPLETE.

So more accurately, the so-called Catholic Church is incomplete in its teaching of truth.

Live with it, as it is what it is.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#430026 Mar 27, 2013
"Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?"

Answer: Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

gotquestions.org

Albuquerque, NM

#430027 Mar 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
"Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?"
Answer: Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.
The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
gotquestions.org
Presupposing what nots and so forths is why you believe the way you do.

Self.

But you are right - Jesus never called himself "God", so why should you follow the course of other men and do so?

Is it because you believe men over Jesus?

BTW - we are all part of the Father....just like Jesus.

When you can realize this, is when you are on your way to astonishment.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430028 Mar 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
And you died and came back to life, so you know the truth.
Sure.
Why do you believe men?
I have faith in my Bible which I take to be the Word of God.

You don't?

Where did I claim or infer that I died and came back. That was Preston's Grandpaw who did that, not me.

Are you upset that you now have to reconsider beliefs you have held since youth?

Scripture is replete with what happens after death.

Yet you cling to the doctrine put out by Tetzel in the dark ages to gather coin for St. Pauls and the pope by peddling worthless indulgences.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#430029 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard commentaries from several people who said Paul was an old and tired man. I did not lie.
You still have not explained the point of a resurrection when souls are already in Heaven!!!!!
Or are you going to find someone who knows?
I AM NOT IN THE LEAST INTRESTED IN A COMMENTARY(OPINION) BY ANYONE THAT IS NOT bIBLICAL BASED ON FACTUAL SCRIPTURES.AND YOU HAVE PROVIDED NONE OF THOSE.

since those commentaires (that people like you would read)are usually based on people like you who follow false teachers in the first place. to indicate that Jesus didnt mean it when He told that malefactor that that very day,he would be in paradise with Him that very day, clearly shows that you belong to satan since he told eve that God really didnt mean what He said.

If Jesus lied about that (and He didnt) then we cant beleive Him on other things that he spoke.A Christian believes EVERYTHING that He said, which clearly shows that You are not a Christian, and I can lump gif in that mix also since he doesnt believe that people go to Heaven when they die. but his problem is that he doesnt understand, yours is completly disbelief, not misunderstanding.to clarify, I am not saying that gif is not a Chrsitian, but I AM saying that you are not, along with your sda buddy on hefe.

Albuquerque, NM

#430030 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith in my Bible which I take to be the Word of God.
You don't?
Where did I claim or infer that I died and came back. That was Preston's Grandpaw who did that, not me.
Are you upset that you now have to reconsider beliefs you have held since youth?
Scripture is replete with what happens after death.
Yet you cling to the doctrine put out by Tetzel in the dark ages to gather coin for St. Pauls and the pope by peddling worthless indulgences.
"Where did I claim or infer that I died and came back. "
- oh TL, you didn't come right out and say it, and you know it, but it appears you have implied it with claiming you know what goes on in heaven - as with this statement:
- "Because they are not there yet!"

In fact and in truth, you do NOT know if they are or not, but instead you have chosen [Self] in truth and in fact going accepting and by utilizing what another man had stated - thus you believe it to be true, as you exclaimed it as such.

When you stop projecting your hope, you will realize that you really don't know if they are or not, and thus will clear the air as associated to this error in perception of "truth". But this requires honesty. How honest are you?

"Are you upset that you now have to reconsider beliefs you have held since youth?"
- You are clueless. You have no idea of what beliefs I have, yet claim to know my childhood?
- I haven't reconsidered my beliefs in quite sometime. Failed.
- FYI - your arrogance is beginning to show, unless you truly have a sixth sense and can see in other people's minds,a s well as, their daily and past lives. I doubt that you have this ability, thus you are lying and projecting.

More than likely, you are projecting a real life action within your own life - "indoctrinated as a youth in your belief" and now afraid to leave the religion. Religion does that to people - instills fear into them.

And since you seem to be projecting, you can only hope others feel the same as you. Unfortunate for you, this is not the case with me. I haven't been a so-called "Christian" since I decided to research the religion when I was 16 years old. I chose to seek out the truth, whereas you chose to accept what other men tell you.

"Scripture is replete with what happens after death."
- if you believe men over Jesus - sure it does.

"Yet you cling to the doctrine put out by Tetzel in the dark ages to gather coin for St. Pauls and the pope by peddling worthless indulgences."
- I do. Prove it.
- I think you are pulling at strings that you cannot see, but want to sound important.
- Please show me my beliefs - especially those "put out by Tetzel".

I'll wait.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430031 Mar 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes - qualifiers.....gotta love 'em. Especially, when man makes them up.
Sounds like you are "brown-nosing" again hojo.
Please get off of your knees.
:o)
<quoted text>
False conclusion.
a. The so-called "Church" has never beenfully defined.
b. With you not accepting many of Jesus' teachings, you have not received his fullness.
<quoted text>
Just like you do.
Welcome to Christianity - the religion which only teaches a portion of what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
Wrong again, there is no fullness when only a portion of information is accepted and used. One could actually call it INCOMPLETE.
So more accurately, the so-called Catholic Church is incomplete in its teaching of truth.
Live with it, as it is what it is.
We as Catholics will (continue) as we always have,---for over 2000 years, adhering, believing and abiding in the TRUTH and Salvation of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY one) BIBLICALLY AND HISTORICALLY (PROVEN) TRUE Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church-- "The Bride of Christ"!---You my friend, can believe and do what you want!! Makes not difference to me ANY of us Catholics --since WE ALL KNOW that we have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith in the Grace that Our Lord gave His apostles, disciples and followers in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#430032 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A parable? Is that the straw you think cancels all the other texts?
Are you looking forward to living in Abraham's bosom?
Howe can you take vague texts like a parable to over rule the texts below?
these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#430033 Mar 27, 2013
Serious religious question....

If one dies in the FULLNESS of faith...

and another person of equal character dies without this FULLNESS of faith..,.

are they treated differently by God?

In other words, what exactly does FULLNESS of faith mean?

It seems to imply a superior spiritually?

If so, how can we witness this superiority? Surely something like this should be manifested in some way, like a less violent society, or a more just society.

So what does it mean and how can we witness this FULLNESS?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#430034 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
It is written that your god is moved by weak human emotions such as jealousy and anger.

Why does your god get angry and murder scores of innocents, including harmless children, all because of the sins of a few?

What a crude, angry little spirit would do that?

But it is written.

Albuquerque, NM

#430035 Mar 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics will (continue) as we always have,---for over 2000 years, adhering, believing and abiding in the TRUTH and Salvation of Jesus Christ and His One (and ONLY one) BIBLICALLY AND HISTORICALLY (PROVEN) TRUE Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church-- "The Bride of Christ"!---You my friend, can believe and do what you want!! Makes not difference to me ANY of us Catholics --since WE ALL KNOW that we have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith in the Grace that Our Lord gave His apostles, disciples and followers in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!
Yeah...yeah....yeah.....blah-b lah-blah....we've heard this rant all before hojo. You just don't get it, huh?

You just don't get, I could care less about what you repeat over and over again, it just goes to show me and others that you are clueless about your religion, and would rather make repetitive posts of the same hogwash, INSTEAD OF, offering some substance to the forum.

Go back and stick your head back into that little hole you've made for it.

Albuquerque, NM

#430036 Mar 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Serious religious question....
If one dies in the FULLNESS of faith...
and another person of equal character dies without this FULLNESS of faith..,.
are they treated differently by God?
In other words, what exactly does FULLNESS of faith mean?
It seems to imply a superior spiritually?
If so, how can we witness this superiority? Surely something like this should be manifested in some way, like a less violent society, or a more just society.
So what does it mean and how can we witness this FULLNESS?
If you are trying to get hojo to repost his rant, I think you have succeeded.....*smiles*.....eve n though he doesn't have any "fullness" about him at all.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430037 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT IN THE LEAST INTRESTED IN A COMMENTARY(OPINION) BY ANYONE THAT IS NOT bIBLICAL BASED ON FACTUAL SCRIPTURES.AND YOU HAVE PROVIDED NONE OF THOSE.
since those commentaires (that people like you would read)are usually based on people like you who follow false teachers in the first place. to indicate that Jesus didnt mean it when He told that malefactor that that very day,he would be in paradise with Him that very day, clearly shows that you belong to satan since he told eve that God really didnt mean what He said.
If Jesus lied about that (and He didnt) then we cant beleive Him on other things that he spoke.A Christian believes EVERYTHING that He said, which clearly shows that You are not a Christian, and I can lump gif in that mix also since he doesnt believe that people go to Heaven when they die. but his problem is that he doesnt understand, yours is completly disbelief, not misunderstanding. to clarify, I am not saying that gif is not a Chrsitian, but I AM saying that you are not, along with your sda buddy on hefe.
1. Who cares what you are intere4sted.
2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting.
3. Who are you to judge who is right and who is a Christian. The fact that you do indicates to me you are a very poor "christian" yourself.

You will have to snap out of the cloud of deception Preston. It may not be good for you to perpetuate false beliefs when the Bible clearly tells us Jesus was NOT in Heaven on Good Friday.

Prove He was if you can.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#430038 Mar 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A parable? Is that the straw you think cancels all the other texts?
Are you looking forward to living in Abraham's bosom?
Howe can you take vague texts like a parable to over rule the texts below?
Psalms 13:3 "lest I sleep the SLEEP of death"
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 "them that are ASLEEP"
Dan 12:2 "them that SLEEP in the dust"
1 Colossians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many SLEEP.
KJV. 1 Thessalonians 4:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are ASLEEP, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which SLEEP in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are ASLEEP ...
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
And many of them that SLEEP in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.(Dan. 12:2).
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:29).
When Jesus returns, He comes to resurrect those who SLEEP in the dust as well as those who are alive.
Psalms 13:3 "... lest I sleep the sleep of death"
1 Thess. 4:13-18 "them that are asleep"
Dan 12:2 "them that sleep in the dust"
It seems plain to me that when we die we sleep until the resurrection day.
You disagree with thes plian texts?
Abraham's bosom appeals to you more?
Either Abraham and Lazarus went to Heaven after they died, or the first resurrection has already occurred!!!!

Oxbow wrote:

Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????

Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Where is this guy??? See "in hell".

When you present Scripture that you say shows the verses I quoted as being contradicting to what you present....you have been successful in proving the infallible Word of God as being the opposite...in other words, fallible.

You are also saying the dictionary is wrong!!! Quote: heaven: the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

You have the God given right to reject the truth in His Word, and also deny the correctness of the dictionary!!!!

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#430039 Mar 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>these comments prove that you are not a CHRISTIAN, for it is written that All Scriptures are given for reproof , correction, etc., not to disprove the actual Words of Jesus.
Misapplication of a parable.

Hell is not an arm's reach from Heaven. It is a parable which has meaning way beyond your capability of understanding, Preston.
The rich man and Lazarus are not real people but are allegoric.

I have never disproved the words of Jesus. I have quoted many texts, all in agreement and all you have is your "dead" grandpaw to refute them.

Wake up Preston. You seem to be a bit dimwitted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 8 min Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 19 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,694
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web