Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,720)

Showing posts 414,381 - 414,400 of513,520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
A "fool" would only repeat that passage for his own comfort and not through honesty.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not talking about God's capabilities!!!!
Good....because you nor any man has the capacity to understand them.

But know this - I'll be watching your posts, just to see if you test that ground.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
since Jesus and His teachings/Word are One and the Same and since Jesus literally lives in His Body of Believers through His Spirit, your words make no sense what-so-ever.
you can't beat this thang, new ager, so you might as well join it/us;)
It's okay waaasssuuup - I'm not here to "beat" or "win" at anything. I've already won.

But you have solidified my point that you would rather disregard teachings by Jesus, and still think you have all the information.

We'll agree to disagree.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
Hey T is that you? How are you and yours, I liked when you talked about your family and country.
You make the point where there is no law there is no sin,
Do you agree then that Sin points to death?
Hi Marge, you guessed correctly. Yes, sin points to death but Jesus made it so we can be redeemed from that death. The gates of hell (the grave) shall not prevail against those who take part in the first resurrection.

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.—1st Corinthians 15:51-52 (ESV)

All changed in one moment when we are awoken from that sleep on Resurrection day. THEN we put on immortality (imperishable).
Love to you Marge.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Col_3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
One of us must be on the wrong forum...
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek is not necessarily Greek!!!!
The definition of the Greek word from which "wish" was translated us: by implication, to pray to God:--pray, will, wish.
If you apply "pray to God", that still is no guarantee...for Divine reasons, God does not always give us what we pray for...
Since "wish" is also a definition of the Greek word from which wish was translated, this definition is also applicable: A desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.
A desire, longing, or strong inclination, is no guarantee....

----------
Give you three guesses as to which one is off in left field!!!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It's okay waaasssuuup - I'm not here to "beat" or "win" at anything. I've already won.
But you have solidified my point that you would rather disregard teachings by Jesus, and still think you have all the information.
We'll agree to disagree.
okay sure - and if you're ever ready to repent of your new age mysticism and get born-again, you'll know where to find me:-)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the words "Roman Catholic Church" in the Bible? Where is the word you so love, "transubstantiation" in the Bible? Where is the word "pope" in the Bible? Where is the word, "nun", in the Bible? Where are the words,"Holy Communion" in the Bible? Where are the words, "infant baptism" in the Bible? This is a short list of what you lay claim to.
Your Roman Catholic church is nothing more than a Babylonian hoax and perversion. Your "faith" as you call it is nothing more than a mix of every pagan religion in the Roman Empire at the time of Constantine.
Also, where is the word, "lent", in the Bible? HA, HA!!!
NOWHERE--and I/we as Catholics "never claim" that every word must be in the bible in order for it to be true. It is "YOU FUNDIES" that claim (everything) MUST BE IN THE BIBLE---or it is NOT true!!
Show us Catholics, "where it says---in the bible" (BOOK, CHAPTER AND VERSE) that every word, every sentence, every phrase, MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. Furthermore--show us Catholics, in the bible (book chapter and verse) that God chose to transmit His divine, infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE!!-----NOWHERE!!!---and why??? Because Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church (came first) "over 350 years before the Canon of Scripture was even put together, by the Early Church Fathers, in 382,393 and 397 AD.----AND---that is why Paul (in I Timothy 3:15, calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. It was the CAtholic Church that gave you bible only (fundies) the bible of which you quote (or better yet misquote,--- interpret (or better yet mis-interpret) to your OWN DEMISE AND DESTRUCTION!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only heard bits and pieces, but I will have to look at his conversion story. Everytime I have heard him speak I have really enjoyed it. However the story I displayed to you reminds me alot of this thread. By mistake they were reading a Catholic with an open mind only when they discover that what was being said was Catholic then they went into overdrive to dismiss it, but couldnt and remain truthful about what had been revealed to them. Interesting.
You're right DS. Once they saw "Saint Ignatius Press" on the back, they squirmed in their seat and put the ear muffs on. I mentioned one occasions just before he converted where this particular group all converted as a result of extensive study with an open mind. Unfortunately, most stories are like you pointed out. They were engaged in reading something brilliant about scripture, once they realized it was Catholic, they threw it away. That about sums up this forum.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But let us leave the realm of conjecture and return to historical records. There is ample evidence to demonstrate that, even though the Christmas date was not made official untilfourth century, but it was established long before Aurelian and Constantine. It had nothing to do with pagan festivals.
We can be certain that the first Catholic apologists and Fathers of the Church, who lived very close to the time of the Apostles, were fully aware of the dates associated with the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ. They had all the calendar sources at hand and they would not allow any untruth to be introduced in the Catholic liturgy. The date of Christ’s birth was transmitted by them as being December 25, a Sunday.
Addressing the verse of Luke 2:7, Fr Cornelius a Lapide comments on the architecture of this choice:“Christ was born Sunday, because this was the first day of the world.… Christ was born on Sunday night, in keeping with the order of His marvels, so that the day on which He said Let there be light, and there was light, was the same day on which, at night, the light shone in darkness for the upright of heart, that is, the sun of justice, Christ the Lord.”(7)
http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/e0...
.......We can be certain that the first Catholic apologists and Fathers of the Church, who lived very close to the time of the Apostles, were fully aware of the dates associated with the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

....Michael says...... it was what 180 AD before Ireneous first received the gospels long after all the apostles had died. The first 2 centuries christian groups never believed in a human Jesus but a spirit only. They had no dates of birth because they didn't claim he ever existed in human form.

....One hundred and fifty years after the time for Jesus' death we find the first mention of a gospel in an Apostle's name. That to me is simply amazing. Up to now we have analyzed every important early Christian Father and we saw without a doubt that all references to "sayings" or "passages" construed as coming from a possible existing gospel in their day was nothing more than "remembering" of an oral tradition. Each account showed that any and all references to anything even remotely similar to passages in our New Testaments today comes from memory of an circulating oral tradition and nothing more!

...... No other Pope, Bishop or Father (until Irenaeus), for nearly a century after "Pope Clement," ever mentions or quotes a Gospel, or names Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. So for a century and a half-until the books bobbed up in the hands (out of nowhere!) of Bishop St. Irenaeus and were tagged as "Gospels according to" this or that Apostle, there exists not a word of them in all the tiresome tomes of the Fathers. It is humanly and divinely impossible that the "Apostolic authorship" and hence "canonicity" or divine inspiration of these Sacred Four should have remained, for a century and a half, unknown and unsuspected by every Church, Father, Pope and Bishop of Christendom-if existent.

BUSTED!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay sure - and if you're ever ready to repent of your new age mysticism and get born-again, you'll know where to find me:-)
There is nothing to repent.

Unless you are encouraging me to rebuke Jesus?

If so, then you aren't anyone I should be discussing this with and you really don't know what you are talking about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If we love God, we KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS but when we fail WE HAVE GRACE.
There does that make it plain?
Or is that too hard for you?
You first said: He died to provide us miraculous divine grace to empower us to keep the law.

That is saying that once so empowered we keep the law. To keep the law means we don't sin.

Now you say: If we love God, we KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS but when we fail WE HAVE GRACE.

This means, because we love God, not because we are empowered to keep the law, we keep His Commandments, which means we don't sin. To fail in keeping His Commansments is to sin.

And all this time I have believed that when we sin, confess and repent, we got forgiveness!!!! Now I know that is not so...we get grace!!!

Thanks for your guidance!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

<quoted text>
A "fool" would only repeat that passage for his own comfort and not through honesty.
If I had any idea what you are trying to articulate, I would respond...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

<quoted text>
But know this - I'll be watching your posts, just to see if you test that ground.
Excuse me, but what makes you judge?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOWHERE--and I/we as Catholics "never claim" that every word must be in the bible in order for it to be true. It is "YOU FUNDIES" that claim (everything) MUST BE IN THE BIBLE---or it is NOT true!!
Show us Catholics, "where it says---in the bible" (BOOK, CHAPTER AND VERSE) that every word, every sentence, every phrase, MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. Furthermore--show us Catholics, in the bible (book chapter and verse) that God chose to transmit His divine, infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE!!-----NOWHERE!!!---and why???
I agree hojo, Catholics don't have "the fullness of Jesus Christ".

Thanks for proving my points.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I will need a copy of your Code Book to communicate with you!!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, most stories are like you pointed out. They were engaged in reading something brilliant about scripture, once they realized it was Catholic, they threw it away. That about sums up this forum.
I can see this is the same dilemma that Catholics have to live with too.

They see that Jesus has not been fully revealed thru the Bible, so they throw out any and all texts that are about him that are non-canonical.

Yep - Catholics are the same as the other so-called "Christians" - they too have thrown out the baby with the bathwater.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If we love God, we KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS but when we fail WE HAVE GRACE.
There does that make it plain?
Or is that too hard for you?
Isn't it great to know when we fall from God's Grace, we fall into His Mercy.
His Mercy and Grace endureth forever.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

.....The editing and formation of the Bible came from members of the early Christian Church. Since the fathers of the Church possessed the scriptoria and determined what would appear in the Bible, there occurred plenty of opportunity and motive to change, modify, or create texts that might bolster the position of the Church or the members of the Church themselves.

If high ranking members of the CATHOLIC church today can lie, deceive, deny, and coverup the biggest sexual abuse scandal in the churches history, what kind of catholic leaders were pulling all the strings and manipulating back in 325 AD?

They are not to be trusted!

BUSTED!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
Psalm 14:1 (KJV)
The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had any idea what you are trying to articulate, I would respond...
Of course you don't, because you can only see discourse and emptiness when you read other posts that don't fall within your comfort zone.

Unfortunately, this is a poor characteristic that you possess.

A. Men have designated others as "fools" without affording those individuals their say or verifying that what was implied as "foolish" is accurate. You, like others, just come right out and assume this stance because of your arrogance and ignorance towards those other individuals and those other beliefs.
- Pride will be you undoing.
- Honesty will show that you are inaccurate.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right DS. Once they saw "Saint Ignatius Press" on the back, they squirmed in their seat and put the ear muffs on. I mentioned one occasions just before he converted where this particular group all converted as a result of extensive study with an open mind. Unfortunately, most stories are like you pointed out. They were engaged in reading something brilliant about scripture, once they realized it was Catholic, they threw it away. That about sums up this forum.
Clay would you please stop lying about us. We agree with many things your catholic priests have wrote that agree with Scripture.

And when we disagree, it's because what they wrote did not agree with Scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,381 - 414,400 of513,520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••