Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650331 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#430154 Mar 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
"2. Why can't you understand that Jesus was not in Heaven for at least another 40 days after Good Friday. He was seen on earth with friends. He appeared in the upper room. He performed miracles. All the while the thief was waiting."
"all the while the thief was waiting" clearly says Christ was lying when He said "Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
That is very very close to committing the one unforgivable sin...blasphemy...

New Age wrote:
I disagree.

Even Jesus disagrees with you.

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why do you try to instill fear unto others with false teachings?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I not say that blasphemy is the one sin that cannot be forgiven???!!!! Any Christian knows that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit!!!!!!
Actually, if you look at your post, you appear to be saying that the poster was nearing blasphemy - against Jesus.

Maybe it was your wording. So I posted that you are incorrect, balsphemy against Jesus is forgiveable.

Not one word in your post above references the HS.

Albuquerque, NM

#430155 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no intention "wasting my time" discussing, debating or deliberating, your "Protestant" (bogus) interpretations and (distorted) meanings of "cherry picked" bible verses......... Your bible only "editorialized translations of Sacred Scripture, is "NOTHING" but "relative truth" Christianity---(what each person thinks is true)........The TRUE INTERPRETATION-of the bible--- HAS ALREADY BEEN "VERIFIED AS TRUTH" in 382, 393, and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers---"who gave you "Protestant (fundies) your bible that you mis-interpret, mis-quote and falsely mis-represent!
For over 500 years, since the Reformation, you have DONE NOTHING but create more and more division, more and more contradicting, and more and more conflicting "compromising" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible with 42,000 hodge-podge Protestant denominations.(who CANNOT, nor EVER WILL agree on ANYTHING)..... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate!! The TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has been authenticated (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) as being PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years......Go argue among yourselves!!!! We, as Catholics, ALREADY HAVE POSSESSED AND ADHERED to the TRUTH that "the Church came 1st!!--Then the bible, more than 350 years later. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS---but to share in the TRUTH of Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and the One TRUE (Universal)Catholic Church that Our Lord gave to us!!
*hands you a paper bag*

This will help you relax and catch your breath.

I was just tired and out of breath just reading this post. PHEW!! Glad that's over.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#430158 Mar 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people doubted him because of the way he supposedly dressed,and his way of traveling (on a donkey),they expected a very royally dressed person in a royal looking type carriage like the emperors and kings used. people saw a vagabond more or less so they doubted him.considering who he claimed to be i guess you would expect that,but the hierarchy of the day that made people think that way,be cause they traveled royally.
That is right Jethro, with people its all about money and power.
God is about love, that is why Jesus came to show God's love and teach them their way wasn't God's way.
MICHAEL

Canada

#430159 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no intention "wasting my time" discussing, debating or deliberating, your "Protestant" (bogus) interpretations and (distorted) meanings of "cherry picked" bible verses......... Your bible only "editorialized translations of Sacred Scripture, is "NOTHING" but "relative truth" Christianity---(what each person thinks is true)........The TRUE INTERPRETATION-of the bible--- HAS ALREADY BEEN "VERIFIED AS TRUTH" in 382, 393, and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers---"who gave you "Protestant (fundies) your bible that you mis-interpret, mis-quote and falsely mis-represent!
For over 500 years, since the Reformation, you have DONE NOTHING but create more and more division, more and more contradicting, and more and more conflicting "compromising" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible with 42,000 hodge-podge Protestant denominations.(who CANNOT, nor EVER WILL agree on ANYTHING)..... There is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate!! The TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has been authenticated (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) as being PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years......Go argue among yourselves!!!! We, as Catholics, ALREADY HAVE POSSESSED AND ADHERED to the TRUTH that "the Church came 1st!!--Then the bible, more than 350 years later. There is NOTHING TO DISCUSS---but to share in the TRUTH of Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and the One TRUE (Universal)Catholic Church that Our Lord gave to us!!
HOJO says......"cherry picked"

Michael says.......sounds like catholics that you are talking about.

1).. Most catholics use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.

2)..More catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the church screams "BLOODY MURDER"

3) Most roman catholics and many catholic clergy claim celebacy should be optional........the church screams NO!

4) Millions of roman catholics today believe women could be ordained priests.........the church leaders scream NEVER!

5) Millions of roman catholics are divorced. The church says this is not right!

6) Less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly........the church screams SINNERS!

OTHERS!....Cherry pick you say!(LOL)

BUSTED! again!!
Sickd

Australia

#430160 Mar 28, 2013
Vomit all the lies you can concoct! I will not be swayed!

Only Jesus Christ is the Lord! And the mick church, for all its 'traditions', will be smashed. And soon.

It has been foretold that the Roman Catholic Church will enjoy a peak of popularity just before it is destroyed. Pope Francis, anyone?

I once heard this... "the only way to kill a Roman Catholic is to kill a Roman Catholic". That was said to me long ago.

Why? I don't know. But I get it!
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#430162 Mar 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
oh you know I Love you too you big dummy!
And you can't refute my posts:)
when you call those sda's [brother], your complete alleged walk with christ is refuted by those words.
shame on you for mentioning [brother] in christ with these characters.NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THAT ONLY YOU. TELLS US A LOT ABOUT YOUR LIFESTYLE AND IT IS ALL BAD.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430163 Mar 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if Jesus rose from his tomb in 3 days,rising on the Sabbath (Saturday),he would of been placed in the tomb on a Thursday or possibly a wednesday. Mark 15:42-43 says that Jesus was crucified on the day before the Sabbath. If the Sabbath mentioned was the weekly Sabbath, then that lends toward a Friday crucifixion.
True however it is believed by some it was an annual Saabbath commencing the passover and it was on a Thursdy there fore he would have been crucified in the middle of the week on Wednesday causing the sacrifice to cease. Thisis how I believe.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#430164 Mar 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
continued;Having only a third grade education, Ellen White said for years she was unable to read, bolstering the claim that her beautiful prose was inspired by God. However, it has been discovered that she not only read, but plagiarized other Christian authors throughout virtually all her writings. The sad facts of this matter have been thoroughly and indisputably established in several books.(e.g., see; Rea, Walter, The White Lie; and Judged by the Gospel, pp. 361–83). Ellen White died in 1915 at age eighty-eight.
Historically, evangelicals have had difficulty defining and categorizing SDA. Much SDA doctrine is biblically orthodox. Within its ranks are many true Christians, some even in positions of prominence. At various points in its history, most notably in the 1888 General Conference, the SDA church has been shaken by the biblical gospel. In the 1970s this became quite intense (Se: Paxton, Geoffrey, J., The Shaking of Adventism). Unfortunately, it produced a polarization. The church administrators generally became more entrenched in the unorthodox positions of traditional SDA, while some pastors and even whole congregations left or were asked to leave the SDA church (“From Controversy to Crisis,” CRI Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 9–14). In official publications the SDA church continues to defend Ellen White legends, and maintain there was no difference in the degree of inspiration she received from that received by Bible writers (Review & Herald, 4 October 1928, p. 11; “Source of Final Appeal,” Adventist Review, 3 June 1971, pp. 4–6; G. A. Irwin, Mark of the Beast, p. 1; “The Inspiration and Authority of the Ellen G. White Writings,” Adventist Review, 15 July 1982, p. 3; Ministry, October 1981, p. 8; see also, Judged by the Gospel, pp. 125–30). In their June, 2000, General Conference they voted to more aggressively affirm and support the “Spirit of Prophecy through the ministry of Ellen White”(Adventist Today,[online: July 2000]). They also teach a number of other doctrines clearly irreconcilable with the biblical gospel (see “Doctrine,” below). So long as these things continue, evangelicals must persist in questioning the status of the SDA church organization in Christianity, and much more, her claim to be God’s only true, end-time “Remnant Church.”
Doctrine
SDA teachings most clearly contrary to the gospel and unorthodox in nature are its insistence on water baptism as an essential prerequisite to salvation, its teaching about the end time significance of sabbath observance to identification of true believers, and its doctrine of the Investigative Judgement.
Baptism:“…Christ made it clear that He required baptism of those who wished to become part of his church, His spiritual kingdom.”“In baptism believers enter into the passion experience of our Lord.”“…[B]aptism also marks [a] person’s entrance into Christ’s spiritual kingdom.…it unites the new believer to Christ.… Through baptism the Lord adds the new disciples to the body of believers — His body, the church.… Then they are members of God’s family”(SDA’s Believe…, pp. 182, 184, 187).
benefits
I don;t think anyone here cars or is interested in Ellen G. White only what the Bible has to present.
Realist

Syracuse, NY

#430165 Mar 28, 2013
Sure, it's the only true church if you're into scaring the shit out of teenagers and molesting young boys.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430166 Mar 28, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says......"cherry picked"
Michael says.......sounds like catholics that you are talking about.
1).. Most catholics use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.
2)..More catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the church screams "BLOODY MURDER"
3) Most roman catholics and many catholic clergy claim celebacy should be optional........the church screams NO!
4) Millions of roman catholics today believe women could be ordained priests.........the church leaders scream NEVER!
5) Millions of roman catholics are divorced. The church says this is not right!
6) Less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly........the church screams SINNERS!
OTHERS!....Cherry pick you say!(LOL)
BUSTED! again!!
You "still don't get it" do you Michael!! The "conduct" of the (rebellious and defiant" members IN the Church has (nothing to do) as to whether or not God, Jesus or the Catholic Church is proclaiming and teaching the TRUTH
1.God gave us the 10 Commandments!!---People have chosen to defy them since the beginning of Creation
2. Jesus said that He is "the way the truth and the life"--People like you, reject HIM and HIS WORDS--- EVERY DAY!
3. The Catholic Church teaches that abortion, gay marriage, contraception is wrong since it "goes against Natural Law-----People say "so what"! I'm free to do "what I want"!
You, Michael, have become an "expert at making "ridiculous (opinionated) examples"---of which you are "the only one" that "sucks it up" these (exaggerated statistics)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#430167 Mar 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands you a paper bag*
This will help you relax and catch your breath.
I was just tired and out of breath just reading this post. PHEW!! Glad that's over.
Great!! Now you can "go back" to editorializing and (making up) your bible only Christianity,, just like the other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent Protestant denominations are doing!!
Clay

Union, NJ

#430168 Mar 28, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I don;t think anyone here cars or is interested in Ellen G. White only what the Bible has to present.
The fact that you're not interested in Ellen White isn't the problem.
The problem is you share her strange approach to Holy Scriptures.

you said you're interested in "only what the Bible has to present".
Does that mean only what YOU see it presents?
Or what the Apostles actually taught about it?

Today is Holy Thursday. Its the day we celebrate when Christ established the Holy Eucharist. Despite the overwhelming Biblical evidence and point blank Apostolic fathers' teachings on what it is, you still deny it. Nothing is more clear in all of Christianity, then what Jesus Christ established that night. Yet, you choose to design your own religion and undo what Jesus Christ installed!
MICHAEL

Canada

#430169 Mar 28, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>True however it is believed by some it was an annual Saabbath commencing the passover and it was on a Thursdy there fore he would have been crucified in the middle of the week on Wednesday causing the sacrifice to cease. Thisis how I believe.
Christianity took the Jew out of Jesus.

It didn't matter what day he died, and for those that believe when he rose from the dead, there was no way christianity was going to use the same holy day (saturday) as the jews do. All these bible stories were edited to take any judiasm away from this man and make him their own.

A man lives his entire life a jew, according to christian scriptures loved by all jews, practices his faith dilligently, dies a Jew and is buried in Jewish custom and tradition and then starts an entirely NEW belief system, the complete opposite of what he practiced and believed his entire life?

makes no common sense.....

MICHAEL

Canada

#430170 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!! Now you can "go back" to editorializing and (making up) your bible only Christianity,, just like the other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent Protestant denominations are doing!!
Jews DO NOT believe in sons of God or the trinity, why then would Jesus be born a Jew, practice his faith as a Jew, if he claimed to be the son of God, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?

makes no common sense.......
MICHAEL

Canada

#430171 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "still don't get it" do you Michael!! The "conduct" of the (rebellious and defiant" members IN the Church has (nothing to do) as to whether or not God, Jesus or the Catholic Church is proclaiming and teaching the TRUTH
1.God gave us the 10 Commandments!!---People have chosen to defy them since the beginning of Creation
2. Jesus said that He is "the way the truth and the life"--People like you, reject HIM and HIS WORDS--- EVERY DAY!
3. The Catholic Church teaches that abortion, gay marriage, contraception is wrong since it "goes against Natural Law-----People say "so what"! I'm free to do "what I want"!
You, Michael, have become an "expert at making "ridiculous (opinionated) examples"---of which you are "the only one" that "sucks it up" these (exaggerated statistics)
I stand by my statistical information. You my friend have yet to give any statistics but just keep shooting your gate off with nothing to back it up.

If catholics in greater numbers are not following the teachings of the church they belong to, what does that tell you about the church itself? They have lost their way.

If same sex marriage is passed into law, the roman catholic church loses more credability. It would just show that people today are more about equality for each other, rather than inequality the church teaches.

Your church leaders preach that love, marriage and family are the greatest gifts, yet these very same clergy restrict themselves to live a singular lifestyle. What kind of example are they showing?

If God didn't like me, he could have done away with me a long time ago. He hasn't and he won't as long as he knows I am posting to you.(lol)

Albuquerque, NM

#430172 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#430173 Mar 28, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo says......Then the bible, more than 350 years later.
Michael says.....If this man Jesus was the greatest man that ever lived, why did it take 3 long centuries for people to believe in him over 300 years after he died?
Its called personal agenda.
~~~

As we approach the celebration of RESURRECTION DAY... One the first day of the week....

Have you ever considered the benefits that the sufferings,death

and resurrection of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ...has brought to

all humanity.

The Psalmist David wrote...

Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

___

THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION IS multifarious:- manifold.

First and foremost in salvation is forgiveness and exoneration for/of our past sins..

Which we receive by...

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT...THAT

CAN BE RECEIVED At any location...

AT ANY TIME.... day or night..

WILL TAKE PLACE instantly...

any Bodily position. standing setting, bowing

what is important is the position of ones heart...

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

One does not have to belong to a certain sect or religious organization to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour..

but afterwards he should find a church be baptized, and fellowship with other saints...

(My Grandfather receive Christ kneeling by an old single tree plow... in a corn field..and the fact that he was saved ....was proven by his change of lifestyle for the rest of his life.)

Old Testament
Mic 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

New testament

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

JESUS AND SALVATION ....DEFINED IN HEBREW ARE SYNONYMOUS...

SO WHEN JESUS CAME FORTH FROM THE TOMB...ALL THESE BENEFITS (listed below) WERE MADE AVAILABLE TO THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

-->SALVATION IS NOT/CANNOT BE EARNED....

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 --> For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

___

AFTER WE ARE SAVED WE WILL DO GOOD WORKS

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Psa_116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Albuquerque, NM

#430174 Mar 28, 2013
The illiteracy of Catholics.....
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
'Nough said.
MICHAEL

Canada

#430175 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says......God gave us the 10 commanments!!----People have chosent to defy them since the begining of Creation.

MICHAEL says......so! what commandments are you breaking on a regular basis?

You continually post negative comments about others.

......Put YOUR cards on the table? I will bet you have some deep seated issues that even your wife doesn't know about. Am I right again??

MICHAEL

Canada

#430176 Mar 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 70 MILLION copies of "50 shades of Grey" have been sold mostly to women, a book about womens erotica. I will bet your wife has a copy. Check at the bottom of your wifes socks drawer.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web