Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,716)

Showing posts 414,301 - 414,320 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before---"Heretics, false teachers, and now "editorialist church historians, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church. formed, initiated and authenticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------LIVES ON!!!-and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!----In-so-far as your comment. "people are walking away from organized religion"---(you are half-right) People ARE walking away from organized "Protestant" religion and (by the thousands) converting to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (IN AND THROUGH) His One True Catholic Church..........growing 1.5% every years, while every Protestant denominationb (including bible only religions, are ALL declining!!!
really? well you keep posting the number 1.6 billion Catholics in the world,a few weeks ago when the changing of the pope was taking place,according to a few different news sources stated that there are "only" 1.2 billion catholics in the world,so if the numbers are growing like you want to think,how can you go from 1.6 to 1.2 and think that more people are joining the pagan/christian church? going out last Sunday to get my paper i pass by 2 catholic churches on my way to the store and i saw a lot of empty parking spaces, hmmmmm but more and more people are joining the church. IN YOUR DREAMS.wasn't it palm Sunday last week? a holy day for the church and not many showed up,i guess they missed church because they are not use to the time change yet.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

''kad te prijatelji prezru''
i cry now as every day as every night
did Jesus cry
maybe not
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>clay:Apostles established Sunday as the Lords day. This is what they commanded. Heaven acknowledge it as valid.(Matthew 16:19)JETHRO:what book you reading? how do you get what you said from this? "Mathew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven......where does it state that the apostles established Sunday as the lords day? fabricated catholic catechism b.s. is what looks like to me. the Sabbath was changed to coincide with the pagan holiday of worshiping the sun,had nothing to do with any apostle,you expect me to believe that both gods day off and the pagan holiday just by chance happen to be on the same day?? and i'm the guy who drove to N.J. and bought the 300+ million lottery ticket. that's just as believable.
Matthew 16:19 shows the kind of authority Jesus gave Peter. Whatever decisions he makes within the Church, Heaven will recognize as valid.

Acts 20:7 Shows the Apostles 'gathering on Sunday to break bread. This is also called the Holy Mass.
As I showed yesterday, the Apostolic fathers clearly show Sunday the day being the Lords day.

Your assertion that Pagan Rome changed it to be the Sun god worship day is a lie. Sunday is from the authority of the Apostles.
Do you acknowledge your error?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I hope jethro sees your post here.
"You ask me how I know He lives?He lives within my heart."
How are you doing Oxbow?
I saw it,and what you say is true,if god exists he would be felt in your heart from day one,you would not have to be told he exists,you would know it like you would know the pain of a bee sting.but we have to told and taught he exists,again another problem i have with the theory.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You never cease to amaze me with you ignorant comments AND ARGUMENTS that you make that are so diametrically apposed to the word of God...
You MUST walk/live in abject darkness.
You wrote
If you want to undo their authority and invent a 'joint' Judaism/Christian religion then you're acting on your own accord and without the authority to make such decisions.
WHAT YOU DENY ...THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN.... HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
The Bible says ... That God has already done ...
READ IT ALL ABOUT IT HERE
Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
-->NOTE HERE WHAT GOD HAS DONE BETWEEN THE JEW AND GENTILE<--.
So I take it the Pentecostals gather on Saturday for worship?

'Confrint says the Bible says'.... Who's Confrint? nuff said.
You're no authority even if you do ordain yourself a Bishop. You control the folks in your compound who think you are an authority. But that's it. You preach strange and new doctrines not heard of before the Pentecostal movement was invented 150 yrs ago.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not say we are to prove....but, rather, to believe....
It's hard to believe in something that you can't prove absolutely undeniably exists. we are taught Santa Claus exists,and now this coming Sunday a rabbit named peter is going to hop down a bunny trail and deliver Easter eggs is that true?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before---"Heretics, false teachers, and now "editorialist church historians, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church. formed, initiated and authenticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------LIVES ON!!!-and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!----In-so-far as your comment. "people are walking away from organized religion"---(you are half-right) People ARE walking away from organized "Protestant" religion and (by the thousands) converting to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (IN AND THROUGH) His One True Catholic Church..........growing 1.5% every years, while every Protestant denominationb (including bible only religions, are ALL declining!!!
By JIM AVILA (@JimAvilaABC) and SERENA MARSHALL (@SerenaMarsh)
March 13, 2013
For the first time in history, a Latin American cardinal has been selected pope of the Catholic Church.

The decision by the Vatican to break with tradition and choose the first pope from outside Europe in modern times, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina, may illustrate the important role Latinos have assumed in the church -- and that the church is recognizing it.

The Catholic laity has been growing outside Europe, while shrinking in the traditional strongholds of Italy, France, Spain, Poland and Germany, the homeland to the prior pope, Benedict XVI.

In fact, according to Pew, Europe's percentage of worldwide Catholics has dropped by more than half over the past century.....JETHRO:yup the church is growing by leaps and bounds,this explains why they chose a pope from south america,why choose a pope from a place where the church is dying out,they are taking advantage of the fact that in Latin america the church is growing so naturally you pick a pope from Latin america.and the church is going to say he was divinely chosen,ya right,just like the Easter bunny will be here next Sunday.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear brother GIF the Lord gave me these verses when I was troubled today about the current afairs of the US,(gay marriage, effect on children), and this freed me from worry;
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.
The LORD our God is sooo GOOD!
'God is good all the time; All the time God is good'

God Is Good All The Time - Don Moen
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

SDA church defends Antichrist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I hope all watch this. It touch's om a senario that entails all denominationsand is very informative on event taking plae behind the scenes
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I saw it,and what you say is true,if god exists he would be felt in your heart from day one,you would not have to be told he exists,you would know it like you would know the pain of a bee sting.but we have to told and taught he exists,again another problem i have with the theory.
That explains why I believed there was a God since I was 3.
Jethro, It's a choice we must make to accept, or reject Him .
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

"What does it mean that Jesus saves?"

Answer:“Jesus saves” is a popular slogan on bumper stickers, signs at athletic events, and even banners being pulled across the sky by small airplanes. Sadly, few who see the phrase “Jesus saves” truly and fully understand what it means. There is a tremendous amount of power and truth packed into those two words.

Jesus saves, but who is Jesus?
Most people understand that Jesus was a man who lived in Israel approximately 2000 years ago. Virtually every religion in the world views Jesus as a good teacher and/or a prophet. And while those things are most definitely true of Jesus, they do not capture who Jesus truly is, nor do they explain how or why Jesus saves. Jesus is God in human form (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is God, come to Earth, as a true human being (1 John 4:2). God became a human being in the person of Jesus in order to save us. That brings up the next question: why do we need to be saved?

Jesus saves, but why do we need to be saved?
The Bible declares that every human being who has ever lived has sinned (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23). To sin is to do something, whether in thought, word, or deed, that contradicts God’s perfect and holy character. Because of our sin, we all deserve judgment from God (John 3:18, 36). God is perfectly just, so He cannot allow sin and evil to go unpunished. Since God is infinite and eternal, and since all sin is ultimately against God (Psalm 51:4), only an infinite and eternal punishment is sufficient. Eternal death is the only just punishment for sin. That is why we need to be saved.

cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

cont

Jesus saves, but how does He save?
Because we have sinned against an infinite God, either a finite person (us) must pay for our sins for an infinite amount of time, or an infinite Person (Jesus) must pay for our sins one time. There is no other option. Jesus saves us by dying in our place. In the person of Jesus Christ, God sacrificed Himself on our behalf, paying the infinite and eternal penalty only He could pay (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 2:2). Jesus took the punishment that we deserve in order to save us from a horrible eternal destiny, the just consequence of our sin. Because of His great love for us, Jesus laid down His life (John 15:13), paying the penalty that we had earned, but could not pay. Jesus was then resurrected, demonstrating that His death was indeed sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins (1 Corinthians 15).

Jesus saves, but who does He save?
Jesus saves all who will receive His gift of salvation. Jesus saves all those who fully trust in His sacrifice alone as the payment for sin (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). While Jesus’ sacrifice was perfectly sufficient to pay for the sins of all humanity, Jesus only saves those who personally receive His most precious of gifts (John 1:12).

If you now understand what it means that Jesus saves, and you want to trust in Him as your personal Savior, make sure you understand and believe the following, and as an act of faith, communicate the following to God.“God, I know that I am a sinner, and I know that because of my sin I deserve to be eternally separated from you. Even though I do not deserve it, thank you for loving me and providing the sacrifice for my sins through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and I trust in Him alone to save me. From this point forward, help me to live my life for you instead of for sin. Help me to live the rest of my life in gratitude for the wonderful salvation you have provided. Thank you, Jesus, for saving me!”

gotquestons.org

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

SOUTH AMERICA AND AFRICA,that is where the church is growing,under-educated people who do not know the history of the whole church except what the Catholics in the regions are telling them,lets take Africa for instance most of the people there probably do not know the church believed in black slavery,if they did do you think they'd join such a church? "maybe" out of the false hope the church teaches.is the church supplying them with food and shelter? or clothing? probably not,but you can bet the collection plate is going around.Same thing in Latin america,they are taking advantage of the lack of a good proper education,i highly doubt the 30 cardinals from there are going to tell them the whole truth about the church,they'll put hopes into their hearts and minds and take their money for doing so and that's about it.in most south american countries,children are left abandoned in the streets by their mothers and fathers, and if found they are shot by police and the military,how come the catholic church with all it's riches are not taking care of these kids? same goes for other churches that are in these countries?simple question "why are they ignoring this problem?" i know it's true because i have worked with people from these countries and saw first hand kids being shot at and killed,that is the reason they left the country,because of this and this pope is under scrutiny himself for not speaking up like he should be,what is he afraid of? he belongs to gods church,god will protect him.he is now the vicar of Christ,now he can go back to his homeland and do something about protecting these poor kids,he has nothing to fear god is by his side. lets see what happens in the next few years,my guess "NOTHING".
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
then how i can express myself
evil
its not look like that
then
how i can explain
dead body on street
how
izmisljotina= modern innovation
"truth' I don't know what country you are from.

From your posts it sounds like you have lived through some terrible times and saw a lot of bad stuff.
Yet through it all you held onto your faith in God.
I think that is truly remarkable.:)
No one can explain the evil men do to each other.
God however will have His plan come to pass.
God Bless.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

we have proper explanation
evil darkness of this world..read apostol john will tell you
law of evil

not righteousness evilllllllll

nothing to do with good people
byyyyyyyyyyy
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
SOUTH AMERICA AND AFRICA,that is where the church is growing,under-educated people who do not know the history of the whole church except what the Catholics in the regions are telling them,lets take Africa for instance most of the people there probably do not know the church believed in black slavery,if they did do you think they'd join such a church? "maybe" out of the false hope the church teaches.is the church supplying them with food and shelter? or clothing? probably not,but you can bet the collection plate is going around.Same thing in Latin america,they are taking advantage of the lack of a good proper education,i highly doubt the 30 cardinals from there are going to tell them the whole truth about the church,they'll put hopes into their hearts and minds and take their money for doing so and that's about it.in most south american countries,children are left abandoned in the streets by their mothers and fathers, and if found they are shot by police and the military,how come the catholic church with all it's riches are not taking care of these kids? same goes for other churches that are in these countries?simple question "why are they ignoring this problem?" i know it's true because i have worked with people from these countries and saw first hand kids being shot at and killed,that is the reason they left the country,because of this and this pope is under scrutiny himself for not speaking up like he should be,what is he afraid of? he belongs to gods church,god will protect him.he is now the vicar of Christ,now he can go back to his homeland and do something about protecting these poor kids,he has nothing to fear god is by his side. lets see what happens in the next few years,my guess "NOTHING".
You make a good point here Jethro, the catholic church it self is under scrutiny. Stories are carried back to places like Africa from people who visit the states and Canada.
We had a Christian's from Africa sing at our Church they were wonderful. The Catholic Church does not have the power it use to over people Jethro, bad stories always get around, its the good stuff like Jesus saves that is least heard of.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

In the state of Alabama, Catholicism has grown overall from 3% of the population to 6% of the population in just the 8 years between 2000-2008 (FROM HISPANIC IMMAGRATION). It is indeed rapidly growing in the Bible Belt. That said, Catholicism is staying at about 25% of the population overall nationwide. Many Americans are leaving the Catholic faith, but right now, they are being equally replaced by Hispanics immigrating into the country. According to the recent Pew Report, about 10% of all Americans are former Catholics, and about 2.5%(about 6-7 million people) are converts to Catholicism....jethro the catholic growth is spurred by people from Latin america,under-educated and working minimum wage jobs because that's all they can do,of course they are not all like that,there are many who i know myself are here getting an education,but still there is your growth "HOJO" in the church,once they learn the truth about the church,they'll leave if they educate themselves and want to protect their children.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

that last post is from http://forums.catholic.com

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

TO HOJO:The banners hanging in the main corridor of St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers declare,“Through Faith We Grow.” The class portraits that line that very same corridor tell the opposite tale. Half a century after the halcyon days when several hundred men at a time studied to be ordained as priests for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, only 22 are enrolled.Even more alarming to Catholics, although six men expect to be ordained in May, none are entering the first-year theology program. While seminary officials attribute the sudden drop to extra preparatory course requirements that went into effect this year, it is nonetheless a jarring development.There will be flashy videos, with quick cuts, stirring sound tracks and fearless priests on New York streets. Goody bags will include glossy post cards of the pontiff emblazoned with the word “Willkommen!”— and the Web address nypriest.com , the seminary’s recruiting site. In coming weeks, the archdiocese will send its schools posters that announce,“The World Needs Heroes,” including one of black-suited priests crossing an intersection — looking like “Going My Way” meets “Reservoir Dogs.”JETHRO:YUP YOUR CHURCH IS DOING FANTASTICALLY well, FROM 700 TO 22 ENROLLMENTS IS THAT PART OF THE PERCENTAGE growth YOU STATED OR IS THIS THE PART YOU CLOSED YOUR EYES TO?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Before I came to Topix, I was pro-reunion. I now believe that we stay separate, but respect each others faith. I also hope that both churches would stop declaring that they are the "True Church" and just walk humbly trying, despite many faults, to be forgiven and walk with Christ.
Amen Herme, Amen I almost shouted with joy when I read your post.
It is just that simple Herme.
love you Brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 414,301 - 414,320 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••