Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,652
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429855 Mar 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

So why don't you believe the non-canonical Jesus, that is if you "trust in Jesus"?
You are, more accurately posting, that you only accept a portion of Jesus - that which men have decided upon....not yourSelf.
You are contradicting yourSelf.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not dead and therefore He never stopped communicating. be that as it may, He doesn't contradict what He's said or stood for in the past, as recorded in the Bible. that's how i know what Words are from Christ and which are from wolves in sheeps clothing:)
I didn't say Jesus contradicted his own teachings, I asked you:

"why don't you believe the non-canonical Jesus, that is if you "trust in Jesus"?

And with you just saying "you know what Words are from Christ and which are from wolves in sheeps clothing" - How is that possible?

Unless.....and there is only two avenues you can take:

a. you've accept what other men have told you as the truth
b. you've come to the conclusion all on your own.

Both are actions of Self. Both require YOU to make a choice.

Both have nothing to do with a heirarchy and their self-righteousness to say, "Come home".

In the end - your own contradictions will cause dismay.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429856 Mar 26, 2013
849 832
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have proven that you are in the wrong forum
You need one that agrees with you brand of faithlessness,an unbelief.
When I gave my personal stance of faith in God...you went about to systematically destroy it.
Pure logic...
I know of no other way to reply to gibberish other than with gibberish...

Albuquerque, NM

#429857 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
What is there to understand other than His capabilities are unlimited....
...and undefinable by men.

Why do you think you hcan define "God"?

How did you acquire this authority?

Albuquerque, NM

#429858 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
The arrogance of Christianity.

Albuquerque, NM

#429859 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
820 794
<quoted text>
Gnosticism: the beliefs and practices of pre-Christian and early Christian sects, condemned by the church, especially the conviction that matter is evil and that knowledge is more important than faith, and the practice of esoteric mysticism.
No thanks...I will stay with the Word of God...
Then it looks like you will never understand me.

Go back to your belief of men.

Location hidden

#429860 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Willing sin means we have not surrendered our hearts to God.
If we continue in life not having died to sin, we risk losing our redemption.
Sin is always tempting us. We must resist all sin.
If we love Him we keep His commandments.
So far, I have yet to see that the fourth commandment has been excluded.
You say: Willing sin means we have not surrendered our hearts to God.

Look again: 842 814

That is not what this says: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Look: "after that we have received the knowledge of the truth". If that does not speak of a born again Christian...whom does it speak of????!!!!!

Location hidden

#429861 Mar 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and undefinable by men.
Why do you think you hcan define "God"?
How did you acquire this authority?
I defined His capabilities...I will repeat:

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429862 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They could not follow him then. He was about to die and return to God, and for a time they must be willing to be separated from him.
But he consoled them (Joh 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.) with the assurance that the separation would be only temporary, and that they should afterward follow him.
Pure logic....They could not follow him now....it was not their time to die...however, when they died they would be where He is...and where is that??? In Heaven...where else!!!!
Are you sure he had not gone to prepasre a place that where he is they may be also and that will be at the resurrection not before.

Albuquerque, NM

#429863 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I defined His capabilities...I will repeat:
No - you repeated a version described by a man.

"John" is not "God". Nor are the men who chose Revelation to speak as if for "God". In fact, "John" is speaking for "God", not "God" for "God".

Why do you believe these men are truthful, yet shun all others?

You are confused.

Strike #1

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429864 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
849 832
<quoted text>
Pure logic...
I know of no other way to reply to gibberish other than with gibberish...
~~~

You can work to destroy my confident expectations.... if you pleas...

but your own expectations will be snared by the words of your own mouth.

The power of your own life and you own death is in your tongue.

~~~

Faith is not dependent upon logic...Faith does not depend upon the five senses.

Faith is

1. The state of expecting, with hope.

2. Prospect of good to come.

Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. consider it.

Faith is ..being fully persuaded that what God has promise...He will perform.

It is ludicrousness for you to imagine.... that you can control what God has promised me personally..
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429865 Mar 26, 2013
jesus christ blows me wrote:
<quoted text>Sun day = worship of Sun, for christian.s
Saturns day = worship of Saturn, for Jews, whether Jews, who spent a lot of early days in Babylon, want to realize it or not.
March = Mars, on French calender.
Wow, nobody knew that I'll wager.

BTW, check out the preface of the Jefferson Bible. He was smarter than the average bear.

No need to insult a great philosopher because of a bunch of wingnuts.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429866 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They could not follow him then. He was about to die and return to God, and for a time they must be willing to be separated from him.
But he consoled them (Joh 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.) with the assurance that the separation would be only temporary, and that they should afterward follow him.
Pure logic....They could not follow him now....it was not their time to die...however, when they died they would be where He is...and where is that??? In Heaven...where else!!!!
The Bible speaks of a resurrection. ONE DAY when all who are in the graves HEAR HIS VOICE.
Nobody goes to Heaven when they die.
If they do, show me proof.
Jesus said... Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. Meaning after He resurrects us.

That hasn't happened ... or was I left behind?
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429867 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey flakey flake.
Jesus himself said ... "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
See that, Preston? He was speaking to saved believers saying they cannot come to Heaven with Him. Until He calls them from the grave.
But then... I suspect you will follow a false doctrine that we ARE immortal and go straight to Heaven when we die.
your verses that you now quote HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS VERSE THAT YOU FOOLISHLY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.

and also how can you tell me that it is a [false doctrine] to beleive that when a person dies, they dont go to be with Jesus immediatly. especially since Jesus told that malefactor that that very day, he would be in paradise with Jesus, but I guess you believe that Jesus taught [false doctrine] also since His words agree with my premise and dont agree with yours.

and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE APERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL

For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Phill. 1:23.

SO HERE WE SEE THAT PAUL AGREES WITH ME AND JESUS AGREES WITH ME,

but you dont!!!

NOW WHO BELIEVES IN A[FALSE DOCTRINE}?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429868 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say: Willing sin means we have not surrendered our hearts to God.
Look again: 842 814
That is not what this says: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Look: "after that we have received the knowledge of the truth". If that does not speak of a born again Christian...whom does it speak of????!!!!!
Born again Christians are not immune to sin. It is WILLING sin which Jesus speaks of.

If you are born again, do you never sin?
If you have, was it your choice to?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429869 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your verses that you now quote HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS VERSE THAT YOU FOOLISHLY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.
and also how can you tell me that it is a [false doctrine] to beleive that when a person dies, they dont go to be with Jesus immediatly. especially since Jesus told that malefactor that that very day, he would be in paradise with Jesus, but I guess you believe that Jesus taught [false doctrine] also since His words agree with my premise and dont agree with yours.
and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE A PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL
For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Phill. 1:23.
SO HERE WE SEE THAT PAUL AGREES WITH ME AND JESUS AGREES WITH ME,
but you dont!!!
NOW WHO BELIEVES IN A[FALSE DOCTRINE}?
Preston, you misconstrue scripture SO EASILY.
The good thief didn't meet with Jesus in Heaven that day.
Jesus said, "Touch me not for I have not yet ascended unto the Father."
That was on a Sunday morning. Did that disappoint the good thief?
No. He sleeps with all other dead people until he is resurrected.
Jesus was on earth for SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER HE ROSE.

Not yet in Heaven. Isn't that plain? What part do you not understand?

"I say unto you this day, thou shalt be with me in Paradise."

Saying this day... not being this day. Your grandfather is dead. He will be until he is resurrected when Jesus comes. Whatever communicated with you who looked like granddad was an imposter.
One of Satan's crew. Get this, Preston...

http://www.what-happens-when-we-die.com/

1. Man is made from the dust of the earth and becomes a
living soul with the breath of life from God which is the spirit.
2. Fallen man is “mortal.”
3. Fallen man does not have an “immortal soul.”
4. It is not possible to communicate with the dead.
5. Death is a painless, unconscious sleep.
(No awareness of time.)
6. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and then rose from the dead.
7. Jesus Christ will resurrect believers at His Second Coming.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429870 Mar 26, 2013
Job 4:17 The Bible calls man mortal.

Revelation 16:3 "Every living soul died in the sea." Souls can die.

Ezekiel 18:4 God said,“The soul that sins, it shall die.” Again, the soul can die!

Exodus 1:5 “Seventy souls” went to Egypt. Souls are people.

Acts 2:41 “Three thousand souls” were baptized. Again, souls are people.

1 Peter 3:20 “Eight souls were saved” in Noah’s day. Again, souls are people.

1 Timothy 6:16 God “only has immortality.” Man is not immortal.

2 Timothy 1:10 “Immortality” comes only “through the gospel.”

Romans 2:7 Christians “seek for immortality.”
1 Corinthians 15:53 At the end,“this mortal” shall “put on immortality.”
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429871 Mar 26, 2013
Death is a Sleep

Job 14:12 The dead “shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep” until “the heavens be no more.”
Psalms 13:3 “Lest I sleep the sleep of death.”
Daniel 12:2 “Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.”

Acts 7:60 When Stephen died,“he fell asleep.”
John 11:11-14 “Lazarus sleeps … Jesus spoke of his death.”

1 Corinthians 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51 Paul said death was “sleep.”

1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 Those “which sleep in Jesus” will be resurrected.

and many more verses in scripture agree with this regardless of what Granpaw "told" you.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429872 Mar 26, 2013
Mopre scripture which proves Preston to be wrong...

Acts 2:34 David has not yet “ascended into the heavens.” He’s not in heaven yet.

Acts 9:36-41 Tabitha “was sick, and died ... Peter ... prayed; and turning to the body said ... arise ... she opened her eyes ... presented her alive.” She never protested that she had been snatched from Heaven.

Acts 13:36 David “fell on sleep and was laid unto his fathers and saw corruption.”

Acts 24:15 “A resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.”
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429873 Mar 26, 2013
Behold, the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice, and come forth, they that have done good, to the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.~~Jesus Christ (John 5:28-29)

So why?

If they are in Heaven already, the resurrection is pointless.

When Jesus was dying on the cross the crucified thief right next to Him said,“Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

First of all, the thief’s question looked forward to the Second Coming, not the moment of death. The interpretation of Jesus’ response depends upon where you place a tiny particle called a “comma.”

The fact is, commas are not inspired, but were added over a thousand years later along with chapters and verses.

Did Jesus Christ say,“I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise” or,“I say to you today, you will be with Me in paradise”(at the Second Coming)? Here is one translation that put the comma in the place that lines up with all other scripture.

Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,‘Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

Is that clear now, Preston?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429874 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
... and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE APERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL

}?
Where does it say Paul would go straight to heaven bypassing Judgement day and the first resurrectio?
Or are you just assuming this?
Paul was not a fit man anymore and was burdened by sickness. He wanted to die, sleep until he was resurrected and then be with Christ. Just as the Bible says.

Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord.

Paul longed “to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:8.

The question is, would this transition take place at the moment of death, or at the Second Coming? Paul clarified in verse 4 that it would occur when “mortality” is “swallowed up by life”(verse 4).
When is this?

In his previous letter to the Corinthians, Paul wrote that “mortality” would be “swallowed up” when the resurrection of believers occurs at the end of the world.

“In a moment ... at the last trump ... the dead shall be raised ... this mortal must put on immortality ... then ... Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:50-55.

Thus Paul expected “to be present with the Lord” at the Second Coming. He later wrote,“The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout ... the dead in Christ shall rise ... so shall we ever be with the Lord.” l Thessalonians 4:16-17. Jesus said we will be with Him when He “comes again.” John 14:1-3.

Because death is like sleep, it will seem like barely a moment until we are “present with the Lord.”
See Preston? Repent of your false doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 3 hr John 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 18 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 20 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web