Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#429867 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey flakey flake.
Jesus himself said ... "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
See that, Preston? He was speaking to saved believers saying they cannot come to Heaven with Him. Until He calls them from the grave.
But then... I suspect you will follow a false doctrine that we ARE immortal and go straight to Heaven when we die.
your verses that you now quote HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS VERSE THAT YOU FOOLISHLY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.

and also how can you tell me that it is a [false doctrine] to beleive that when a person dies, they dont go to be with Jesus immediatly. especially since Jesus told that malefactor that that very day, he would be in paradise with Jesus, but I guess you believe that Jesus taught [false doctrine] also since His words agree with my premise and dont agree with yours.

and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE APERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL

For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Phill. 1:23.

SO HERE WE SEE THAT PAUL AGREES WITH ME AND JESUS AGREES WITH ME,

but you dont!!!

NOW WHO BELIEVES IN A[FALSE DOCTRINE}?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429868 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say: Willing sin means we have not surrendered our hearts to God.
Look again: 842 814
That is not what this says: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Look: "after that we have received the knowledge of the truth". If that does not speak of a born again Christian...whom does it speak of????!!!!!
Born again Christians are not immune to sin. It is WILLING sin which Jesus speaks of.

If you are born again, do you never sin?
If you have, was it your choice to?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429869 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your verses that you now quote HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS VERSE THAT YOU FOOLISHLY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.
and also how can you tell me that it is a [false doctrine] to beleive that when a person dies, they dont go to be with Jesus immediatly. especially since Jesus told that malefactor that that very day, he would be in paradise with Jesus, but I guess you believe that Jesus taught [false doctrine] also since His words agree with my premise and dont agree with yours.
and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE A PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL
For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Phill. 1:23.
SO HERE WE SEE THAT PAUL AGREES WITH ME AND JESUS AGREES WITH ME,
but you dont!!!
NOW WHO BELIEVES IN A[FALSE DOCTRINE}?
Preston, you misconstrue scripture SO EASILY.
The good thief didn't meet with Jesus in Heaven that day.
Jesus said, "Touch me not for I have not yet ascended unto the Father."
That was on a Sunday morning. Did that disappoint the good thief?
No. He sleeps with all other dead people until he is resurrected.
Jesus was on earth for SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER HE ROSE.

Not yet in Heaven. Isn't that plain? What part do you not understand?

"I say unto you this day, thou shalt be with me in Paradise."

Saying this day... not being this day. Your grandfather is dead. He will be until he is resurrected when Jesus comes. Whatever communicated with you who looked like granddad was an imposter.
One of Satan's crew. Get this, Preston...

http://www.what-happens-when-we-die.com/

1. Man is made from the dust of the earth and becomes a
living soul with the breath of life from God which is the spirit.
2. Fallen man is “mortal.”
3. Fallen man does not have an “immortal soul.”
4. It is not possible to communicate with the dead.
5. Death is a painless, unconscious sleep.
(No awareness of time.)
6. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and then rose from the dead.
7. Jesus Christ will resurrect believers at His Second Coming.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429870 Mar 26, 2013
Job 4:17 The Bible calls man mortal.

Revelation 16:3 "Every living soul died in the sea." Souls can die.

Ezekiel 18:4 God said,“The soul that sins, it shall die.” Again, the soul can die!

Exodus 1:5 “Seventy souls” went to Egypt. Souls are people.

Acts 2:41 “Three thousand souls” were baptized. Again, souls are people.

1 Peter 3:20 “Eight souls were saved” in Noah’s day. Again, souls are people.

1 Timothy 6:16 God “only has immortality.” Man is not immortal.

2 Timothy 1:10 “Immortality” comes only “through the gospel.”

Romans 2:7 Christians “seek for immortality.”
1 Corinthians 15:53 At the end,“this mortal” shall “put on immortality.”
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429871 Mar 26, 2013
Death is a Sleep

Job 14:12 The dead “shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep” until “the heavens be no more.”
Psalms 13:3 “Lest I sleep the sleep of death.”
Daniel 12:2 “Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.”

Acts 7:60 When Stephen died,“he fell asleep.”
John 11:11-14 “Lazarus sleeps … Jesus spoke of his death.”

1 Corinthians 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51 Paul said death was “sleep.”

1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 Those “which sleep in Jesus” will be resurrected.

and many more verses in scripture agree with this regardless of what Granpaw "told" you.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429872 Mar 26, 2013
Mopre scripture which proves Preston to be wrong...

Acts 2:34 David has not yet “ascended into the heavens.” He’s not in heaven yet.

Acts 9:36-41 Tabitha “was sick, and died ... Peter ... prayed; and turning to the body said ... arise ... she opened her eyes ... presented her alive.” She never protested that she had been snatched from Heaven.

Acts 13:36 David “fell on sleep and was laid unto his fathers and saw corruption.”

Acts 24:15 “A resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.”
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429873 Mar 26, 2013
Behold, the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice, and come forth, they that have done good, to the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.~~Jesus Christ (John 5:28-29)

So why?

If they are in Heaven already, the resurrection is pointless.

When Jesus was dying on the cross the crucified thief right next to Him said,“Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

First of all, the thief’s question looked forward to the Second Coming, not the moment of death. The interpretation of Jesus’ response depends upon where you place a tiny particle called a “comma.”

The fact is, commas are not inspired, but were added over a thousand years later along with chapters and verses.

Did Jesus Christ say,“I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise” or,“I say to you today, you will be with Me in paradise”(at the Second Coming)? Here is one translation that put the comma in the place that lines up with all other scripture.

Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,‘Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

Is that clear now, Preston?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429874 Mar 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
... and unlike YOU(or anyone else that believes as you do)I DO HAVE APERSONAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MAN(MY GRANDFATHER) WHO DIED AND WENT STRAIGHT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO HAD WENT ON BEFORE HIM AND HE NAMED THEM.LOL

}?
Where does it say Paul would go straight to heaven bypassing Judgement day and the first resurrectio?
Or are you just assuming this?
Paul was not a fit man anymore and was burdened by sickness. He wanted to die, sleep until he was resurrected and then be with Christ. Just as the Bible says.

Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord.

Paul longed “to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:8.

The question is, would this transition take place at the moment of death, or at the Second Coming? Paul clarified in verse 4 that it would occur when “mortality” is “swallowed up by life”(verse 4).
When is this?

In his previous letter to the Corinthians, Paul wrote that “mortality” would be “swallowed up” when the resurrection of believers occurs at the end of the world.

“In a moment ... at the last trump ... the dead shall be raised ... this mortal must put on immortality ... then ... Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:50-55.

Thus Paul expected “to be present with the Lord” at the Second Coming. He later wrote,“The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout ... the dead in Christ shall rise ... so shall we ever be with the Lord.” l Thessalonians 4:16-17. Jesus said we will be with Him when He “comes again.” John 14:1-3.

Because death is like sleep, it will seem like barely a moment until we are “present with the Lord.”
See Preston? Repent of your false doctrine.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429875 Mar 26, 2013
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “Whatsoever your hand findeth to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither you goest.”
Job 14:12 “So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.”
Psalms 13:3 “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;”
If I was in heaven, I most definitely would be praising the Lord. How about you?
Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.”
Daniel 12:2 “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
Below are most of the New Testament scriptures that can be quoted that proves what happens when we die.
Luke 23:42-43 “And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when you comest into your kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto you To day[,] you shall be with me in paradise.”

Punctuation, chapter and verses were added when the Bible was translated and the above verse has to be wrongly punctuated to be consistent with ALL other scripture.
The following translation of the same verse done by “The Scriptures 1998, Copyright by the Institute for Scripture Research” has been correctly punctuated.
Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,“Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
The following three verses prove that Jesus had not yet gone to His Father in Paradise on the Sunday let alone on the Friday.

John 20:17 “Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

Revelation 2:7 “He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE, which is in the midst of the PARADISE of God.”

Revelation 22:1-3 “And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of GOD and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the TREE OF LIFE, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:”

Here is further evidence that punctuation is not inspired.

Acts 19:12 KJV “So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.”
In the above verse we see the diseases departed from the sick handkerchiefs or aprons. The comma should have been placed after the word “sick.” There are many such examples throughout the King James Bible as well as other translations.

John 5:28-29 “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”

John 6:39 “And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.”

John 6:40 “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429876 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “Whatsoever your hand findeth to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither you goest.”
Job 14:12 “So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.”
Psalms 13:3 “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;”
If I was in heaven, I most definitely would be praising the Lord. How about you?
Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.”
Daniel 12:2 “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
Below are most of the New Testament scriptures that can be quoted that proves what happens when we die.
Luke 23:42-43 “And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when you comest into your kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto you To day[,] you shall be with me in paradise.”
Punctuation, chapter and verses were added when the Bible was translated and the above verse has to be wrongly punctuated to be consistent with ALL other scripture.
The following translation of the same verse done by “The Scriptures 1998, Copyright by the Institute for Scripture Research” has been correctly punctuated.
Luke 23:43 TS98 “And Jesus said to him,“Truly, I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
The following three verses prove that Jesus had not yet gone to His Father in Paradise on the Sunday let alone on the Friday.
John 20:17 “Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”
Revelation 2:7 “He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE, which is in the midst of the PARADISE of God.”
Revelation 22:1-3 “And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of GOD and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the TREE OF LIFE, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:”
Here is further evidence that punctuation is not inspired.
Acts 19:12 KJV “So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.”
In the above verse we see the diseases departed from the sick handkerchiefs or aprons. The comma should have been placed after the word “sick.” There are many such examples throughout the King James Bible as well as other translations.
John 5:28-29 “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
John 6:39 “And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.”
John 6:40 “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Amen !!!!

Everything in it's time and season.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429878 Mar 26, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Amen !!!!
Everything in it's time and season.
atemcowboy AKA Peston is a work in progress.
He places what Grandpaw says above what scripture plainly and in many verses teaches.
Then accuses me of false doctrine when what I say is straight from the pages of the Bible. WEIRD.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429879 Mar 26, 2013
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/truth_about_de...

How did we get here in the first place?

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7.

Answer: God made us from dust in the beginning.

What Happens When a Person Dies?

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7.

Answer: The body turns to dust again, and the spirit goes back to God, who gave it. The spirit of every person who dies--whether righteous or wicked--returns to God at death.

What is the "spirit" that returns to God at death?

"The body without the spirit ["breath,"] is dead." James 2:26. "The spirit of God ["the breath which God gave him,] is in my nostrils." Job 27:3.

Answer: The spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of life. Nowhere in all of God's book does the "spirit" have any life, wisdom, or feeling after a person dies. It is the "breath of life" and nothing more.

What is a Soul?

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7.

Answer: A soul is a living being. A soul is always a combination of two things: body plus breath. A soul cannot exist unless body and breath are combined. God's Word teaches that we are souls.

Do Souls Die?

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:20. "Every living soul died in the sea." Revelation 16:3.

Answer: According to God's Word, souls do die! We are souls, and souls die. Man is mortal (Job 4:17).

Only God is immortal (1 Timothy 6:15, 16).

The concept of an undying, immortal soul goes against the Bible, which teaches that souls are subject to death.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429880 Mar 26, 2013
For those who think God would punish someone who sinned just once too often...

Hell-Fire Will Totally Destroy All The Wicked, Even Satan!

John 3:16 - Those who are lost will "perish."

Romans 6:23 - The wages of sin is "death."

Psalm 37.38 - "Transgressors will be destroyed together."

Malachi 4:1,3 - The "day cometh" when the lost will "burn up" and become "ashes."

Matthew 3:12 - "Unquenchable fire" will totally "burn up" the wicked.

Matthew 10:28 - "Fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Ezekiel 28:15,18,19 - Even Satan will become "ashes" on the "earth" because of the fire.

Revelation 21:8; 20:14 - "The lake of fire ... is the second death."

Psalm 37:20 - "The wicked shall perish ... into smoke ... they shall consume away."

Not convinced? Then what would it take?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#429881 Mar 26, 2013
http://www.preparingforeternity.com/dead.htm

What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days. When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven. If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth. He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute. He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven. But Lazarus did not speak of heaven. Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him. Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.

Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned. "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."

Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth."

Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#429882 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Sexual abuse in the Catholic Church gets covered up through a system of blackmail and ''sacred silence'', according to the founder of the Broken Rites advocacy group, Chris Wilding.
She said sexual activity by priests and bishops set up a pattern of institutional secrecy and a system of blackmail that reached the highest corridors of the Vatican.
Ms Wilding told the Victorian inquiry into how the churches handled sex abuse that celibacy was a myth, and that when a priest was promoted his sexual partners could also advance.
''It is this system of blackmail that is central to the response of bishops, locally and around the world, relocating paedophile priests. If the bishop is compromised because he is known to be sexually active, the predatory cleric resorts to blackmail,'' she said.
Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/chur...
Why in Gods name would HOJO and anyone want to belong to an organization like this?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429883 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again Christians are not immune to sin. It is WILLING sin which Jesus speaks of.
If you are born again, do you never sin?
If you have, was it your choice to?
Self.

"to know yourself, is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#429884 Mar 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"

Fundies don't say that 'every word has to be in the Bible'; we have wonderful sermons, essays and such that define Bible truth. They say that every word MUST AGREE with the Bible. When a teaching is opposed to Bible truth, it cannot be trusted.
You speak of 'we' Catholics a lot. I believe that there is some uncertainty lurking in your heart. The TRUE CHURCH is founded ON JESUS, not the other way around. And it certainly is not left to the thoughts of a mortal man.
The One True Catholic Church is founded on Jesus---because--Jesus "founded the Church---HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over 2000 years ago: Matthew 16:13-21---which was and is still one (Universal--Catholic Church). This agrees with both the Bible and Apostolic Church History, that followed the death and resurrection of Christ, where Paul in I Timothy 3:15 says: THE CHURCH (not the bible only) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!! Confrinting!!! after 35 years of being raised as a bible only Protestant, in Confirmation, bible school, bible theological college and pre-seminary University---I HAVE ABSOLUTELY "NO DOUBT" as to proven historical and biblical TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established (One and only ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL) Church---and it was Catholic....... The fact is that Bible Only Protestantism is a "man made" (concocted) belief--which is nothing more than an "offshoot of the Reformation almost 200 years after Martin Luther.....It is a "personal opinionated (editorialized "interpretation--(or better yet mis-interpretation of the bible that has absolutely no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back it up!...Today--the result of "sola scriptura" is a "contradicting (hodge-podge) of over 42,000 inconsistent and conflicting denominations of distorted (half-truth Christianity, and heretical preaching and teaching by ministers (like you) who rely on condemnation and judgemental preaching of the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of other Christians and the Churches they attend--especially Catholics, in order to keep their bible only ministry "from sinking"!....The TRUTH,(has, is and will always be) in Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ).... God is not, ever has been, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only Protestant confusion and chaos!!

Albuquerque, NM

#429885 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

The good thief didn't meet with Jesus in Heaven that day.
Jesus said, "Touch me not for I have not yet ascended unto the Father."
That was on a Sunday morning. Did that disappoint the good thief?
No. He sleeps with all other dead people until he is resurrected.
Jesus was on earth for SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER HE ROSE.
Not yet in Heaven. Isn't that plain? What part do you not understand?
"I say unto you this day, thou shalt be with me in Paradise."
Saying this day... not being this day. Your grandfather is dead. He will be until he is resurrected when Jesus comes. Whatever communicated with you who looked like granddad was an imposter.
For those who have had NDEs, they don't agree with you.

http://www.near-death.com/

Albuquerque, NM

#429886 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Job 4:17 The Bible calls man mortal.
Revelation 16:3 "Every living soul died in the sea." Souls can die.
Ezekiel 18:4 God said,“The soul that sins, it shall die.” Again, the soul can die!
Exodus 1:5 “Seventy souls” went to Egypt. Souls are people.
Acts 2:41 “Three thousand souls” were baptized. Again, souls are people.
1 Peter 3:20 “Eight souls were saved” in Noah’s day. Again, souls are people.
1 Timothy 6:16 God “only has immortality.” Man is not immortal.
2 Timothy 1:10 “Immortality” comes only “through the gospel.”
Romans 2:7 Christians “seek for immortality.”
1 Corinthians 15:53 At the end,“this mortal” shall “put on immortality.”
Thus showing that anything Jesus speaks of is a direct relation to the Spirit we each have - Self/being/consciousness/our mind. Teaching the simplicity of Spirit - its challenges, its joy, its eagerness to be good - through parables and sayings, and when studied, one will find that, "belief in Jesus", and truly begin to understand that salvation comes through his teachings and knowledge of Self.

Radical as he was considered, his philosophy is truly for the ages.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429887 Mar 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have proven that you are in the wrong forum
You need one that agrees with you brand of faithlessness,an unbelief.
When I gave my personal stance of faith in God...you went about to systematically destroy it.
Your faith being destroyed by me showing you God's Word says your faith was not very strong!!!! It was weak as water!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 9,207
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr par five 84,136
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 7 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 7 hr KristoFMYsagun 16
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 9 hr Crazy Logic 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 16 hr Sicko 3
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) Sun untilthelighttak ... 209
More from around the web