Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,346
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429731 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek is not necessarily Greek!!!!
The definition of the Greek word from which "wish" was translated us: by implication, to pray to God:--pray, will, wish.
If you apply "pray to God", that still is no guarantee...for Divine reasons, God does not always give us what we pray for...
Since "wish" is also a definition of the Greek word from which wish was translated, this definition is also applicable: A desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.
A desire, longing, or strong inclination, is no guarantee....
~~~
Are you sure that you name is not "WET BLANKET"..

I BELIEVE GOD CAN DO ANY THING..AFTER ALL HE IS GOD...

THE BIBLE IS CHUCK FULL OF EVENTS ...THAT those such as you ...would have kept from taking place/happening if you could have. RIGHT?

THE BIBLE SAYS

Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,-->The just shall live by faith.

Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for,-->The just shall live by faith.

Heb_10:38 -->Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

---
Psa 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Psa 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Psa 91:16 -->With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

~~~

You would destroy my faith if you could, would you not?...

The Bibles says..

Act_13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them,

seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Mat_17:17 Then Jesus answered and said,--> O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

Mar_9:19 He answereth him, and saith,--> O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

Luk_9:41 And Jesus answering said,--> O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#429732 Mar 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
One of the things which is so difficult to come to terms with is the reality that when we bear anger and resentment and bitterness in our hearts, we erect barriers to God's grace within ourselves. It's not that God stops giving us His grace. It's that we say, "No. I don't want it". What is His grace? It is His love, His mercy, His compassion
On an even deeper level, this spiritual principle--do not react--teaches us that we need to learn not to react to thoughts. One of the fundamental aspects of this is inner watchfulness. Our watchfulness does not need to be focused on our thoughts. Our watchfulness needs to be focused on God
After all, if somebody says something nasty to us, how are we reacting? We react first through our thinking, our thoughts. Perhaps we're habitually accustomed to just lashing out after taking offense with some kind of nasty response of our own. But keeping watch over our minds so that we maintain that living communion with God leaves no room for distracting thoughts.
Wow Herme God just keeps blessing me this morning through you wonderful post.

#429733 Mar 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE IS CHUCK FULL OF EVENTS ...THAT those such as you ...would have kept from taking place/happening if you could have. RIGHT?
THE BIBLE SAYS
Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,-->The just shall live by faith.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for,-->The just shall live by faith.
Heb_10:38 -->Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
---
Psa 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
~~~
The Bibles says..
Act_13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them,
Mat_17:17 Then Jesus answered and said,--> O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
Mar_9:19 He answereth him, and saith,--> O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
Luk_9:41 And Jesus answering said,--> O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
~~~

Jesus said..

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

NOTE

Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429734 Mar 26, 2013
"There is one universal Church of the faithful, outside of which no one at all can be saved."

Pope Innocent III, ex cathedra,(Fourth Lateran Council, 1215).

OK, who changed that long-standing infallible teaching and why?

How can something be a "perfect teaching" one day and an error the next day?
Clay

United States

#429735 Mar 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
In the state of Alabama, Catholicism has grown overall from 3% of the population to 6% of the population in just the 8 years between 2000-2008 (FROM HISPANIC IMMAGRATION). It is indeed rapidly growing in the Bible Belt. That said, Catholicism is staying at about 25% of the population overall nationwide. Many Americans are leaving the Catholic faith, but right now, they are being equally replaced by Hispanics immigrating into the country. According to the recent Pew Report, about 10% of all Americans are former Catholics, and about 2.5%(about 6-7 million people) are converts to Catholicism....jethro the catholic growth is spurred by people from Latin america,under-educated and working minimum wage jobs because that's all they can do,of course they are not all like that,there are many who i know myself are here getting an education,but still there is your growth "HOJO" in the church,once they learn the truth about the church,they'll leave if they educate themselves and want to protect their children.
"once they learn the truth about the Church, they will leave"

What truth? How Pagan Rome established Sunday as the Lords day to coincide with sun god worship??

God help anyone who pulls souls away from the Church using that 'truth'.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429736 Mar 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16:19 shows the kind of authority Jesus gave Peter. Whatever decisions he makes within the Church, Heaven will recognize as valid.
Acts 20:7 Shows the Apostles 'gathering on Sunday to break bread. This is also called the Holy Mass.
As I showed yesterday, the Apostolic fathers clearly show Sunday the day being the Lords day.
Your assertion that Pagan Rome changed it to be the Sun god worship day is a lie. Sunday is from the authority of the Apostles.
Do you acknowledge your error?
Clay, do some simple research.

How does it put the RCC in a favorable light when you keep spouting wishful opinion that is factually incorrect.

FACT -- until the Emperor mandated Sunday as the Holy Day, for the first three centuries, different Christian sects held services on different days, either Saturday or Sunday.

Try thinking for once.....

If they all met on Sunday, why did the Emperor need to issue a decree to have them agree on a single day?

Use your brain and stop fearing the truth.

#429737 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus said..
Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
NOTE
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
~~~

WHERE DO YOU ABIDE...RESIDE..take up residence?

DO YOU ABIDE IN DARKNESS?

Joh_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

DO YOU ABIDE IN THE VINE?

Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Joh_15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

MOTE THE BLESSING OF ABIDING IN CHRIST JESUS..

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

THE PURPOSE OF JESUS COMING...TO EARTH.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me

to preach good tidings unto the meek;

he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim liberty to the captives, and

the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and

the day of vengeance of our God;

to comfort all that mourn;

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,

to give unto them beauty for ashes,

the oil of joy for mourning,

the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

that they might be called trees of righteousness,

the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

---

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,

that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;

his leaf also shall not wither; and

whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Isa_57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429738 Mar 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before---"Heretics, false teachers, and now "editorialist church historians, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church. formed, initiated and authenticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------LIVES ON!!!-and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!----In-so-far as your comment. "people are walking away from organized religion"---(you are half-right) People ARE walking away from organized "Protestant" religion and (by the thousands) converting to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (IN AND THROUGH) His One True Catholic Church..........growing 1.5% every years, while every Protestant denominationb (including bible only religions, are ALL declining!!!
This is what is called a delusion by psychologists.

Generally harmless, this can develop into something more serious.

But somehow I doubt if this one believes enough to become a eunuch. He probably just spends a little money on holy trinkets. Harmless.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429739 Mar 26, 2013
The Gay Catholic Mafia...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-ne...

Did Jesus really screw this badly?

Or is the RCC BUSTED yet?

It can not be both.
Clay

United States

#429740 Mar 26, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, do some simple research.
How does it put the RCC in a favorable light when you keep spouting wishful opinion that is factually incorrect.
FACT -- until the Emperor mandated Sunday as the Holy Day, for the first three centuries, different Christian sects held services on different days, either Saturday or Sunday.
Try thinking for once.....
If they all met on Sunday, why did the Emperor need to issue a decree to have them agree on a single day?
Use your brain and stop fearing the truth.
Use your brain.

The Roman Emperors slaughtered Christians for 300 yrs, and now you're going to tell me Christians suddenly let him dictate what day they were going to worship?

Catholic Mass 155 AD from Justin Martyr

"On the day called Sunday, we gather together to worship"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429741 Mar 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I have memorized your every word
:o)

Good call - because Bruce lee wrote his Tao while in a hospital and in traction.

It's the enlightenment that people are scared of!

:o)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429742 Mar 26, 2013
Cathy the Catholic says:

another superstitious young woman from a 3rd-world catholic dominated region has seen an apparation of 'mary'. this thing said to abandon the Bible, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit and worship the queen of heaven only and to pray the repetitious and mind/heart numbing rosary.

since we catholics take these goulish apparations more seriously than the Word of God, let's do what the demon....er.....angel says!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429743 Mar 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
paul simply took-up where Jesus left off and as i'm currently a member of the Body of Christ on earth, i'm taking up where Jesus & paul left off!
'come with me if you want to live' waaasssuuup
And all the while - leaving Jesus' teaching bured in the desert.

I understand.

#429744 Mar 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it the Pentecostals gather on Saturday for worship?
'Confrint says the Bible says'.... Who's Confrint? nuff said.
You're no authority even if you do ordain yourself a Bishop. You control the folks in your compound who think you are an authority. But that's it. You preach strange and new doctrines not heard of before the Pentecostal movement was invented 150 yrs ago.
~~~

I GUESS AS A CONFIRMED INFIDEL.... YOU DON'T EVEN READ THE SCRIPTURE'S

IN

THE POST, I SEND...

YOUR GOD IS EVIDENTLY YOUR ONE TRULY APOSTATE POWERLESS PAGAN CHURCH..

THAT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIFT YOUR FEET ONE INCH FROM THIS EARTH

WHEN JESUS COMES TO CATCH AWAY HIS BRIDE...

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

-->for without me ye can do nothing.

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

2Co_13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

~~~~

YOU...(to your eternal sorrow) will find out one day that your Church is not God...neither does it hold a monopoly upon Christianity upon the earth...

GOD,... THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH...

HE NEEDED NOT APPOINTMENT...HE IS THE THIRD PERSON OF THE GODHEAD...

JESUS SAID OF THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, AND COMFORTER,....

oh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart,

I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that

he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

YOUR POPE IS AN IMPOSTER ... A .USURPER

THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO ASSUME/SEIZE THE POSITION OF THE THIRD PERSON OF THE GOD-HEAD..

HE AND HIS PREDECESSORS (OVER THE CENTURIES) HAVE MADE A TERRIBLE

CARNAL MESS OF SPIRITUAL CHRISTIANITY, AND ATTEMPTED TO TURN IT INTO A

PHYSICAL PAGAN CIRCUS, IN ROME..ITALY

Location hidden

#429745 Mar 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It's hard to believe in something that you can't prove absolutely undeniably exists. we are taught Santa Claus exists,and now this coming Sunday a rabbit named peter is going to hop down a bunny trail and deliver Easter eggs is that true?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Location hidden

#429746 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
---
~~~
The Bibles says..
I am not talking about God's capabilities!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#429747 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE TRUTH IS THAT .... THE WHOLE UNIVERSE GIVES WITNESSES....THAT
AND The track records PROVES your religious institution
IS THE TRUE APOSTATE Catholic Church ...
THE FIRST PROTESTANT CHURCH....
THAT BROKE AWAY... FROM ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH ...
THE EARLY CHURCH THAT CANONIZED THE BIBLE
ABOUT WHICH YOUR CHURCH LIES
ATTEMPT TO STEAL THE GLORY
BY CLAIMING YOU WROTE IT.
You just keep getting "more egg on your face" with every comment. Where is the word "Protestant" in the bible. This word appear in the 16th century,(after) the Reformation (another man made term)
Protestants "lay claim" to the word ----and is "no way' connected to the 1st 1500 years of the One True Apostolic Catholic Church intitated, formed and instituted by Jesus HIMSELF!! It's just an extension of the "bible only" editorialized "fundie"Christianity
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#429748 Mar 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep getting "more egg on your face" with every comment. Where is the word "Protestant" in the bible. This word appear in the 16th century,(after) the Reformation (another man made term)
Protestants "lay claim" to the word ----and is "no way' connected to the 1st 1500 years of the One True Apostolic Catholic Church intitated, formed and instituted by Jesus HIMSELF!! It's just an extension of the "bible only" editorialized "fundie"Christianity
Where are the words "Roman Catholic Church" in the Bible? Where is the word you so love, "transubstantiation" in the Bible? Where is the word "pope" in the Bible? Where is the word, "nun", in the Bible? Where are the words,"Holy Communion" in the Bible? Where are the words, "infant baptism" in the Bible? This is a short list of what you lay claim to.

Your Roman Catholic church is nothing more than a Babylonian hoax and perversion. Your "faith" as you call it is nothing more than a mix of every pagan religion in the Roman Empire at the time of Constantine.

Also, where is the word, "lent", in the Bible? HA, HA!!!
Kev

United States

#429749 Mar 26, 2013
The bible also tells you that the Roman catholic church ushers in the anti-christ in Revelations.
jesus christ blows me

Kingston, PA

#429750 Mar 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah...JESUS CHRIST WAS AN ITALIAN.

JESUS CHRIST SPOKE LATIN, TOO.

and jesus christ lived in a vatican palace, surrounded by jewels and silk.

you tell um

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 4 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web