Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683885 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429955 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily.....where are you????

Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????

Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Where is this guy??? See "in hell".

Location hidden

#429956 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The soul that sinneth it shall die.
Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?(KJV)
1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.(KJV)
That Christ has told us over and over that He holds out the promise of eternal life is also well documented in the Word.
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(KJV)
In short, the words 'eternal life' means you do not have to die but can live eternally, forever.
If, on the other hand, you were already born with an immortal soul that cannot die, what does this promise of eternal life from Jesus Christ mean?
In truth, if your soul could not die, it would have no meaning at all.
But, even more importantly than anything else, if the religious concept of an immortal soul were true ...
Why would God be telling us it wasn't, in the above Scriptures?
In the end, you have to answer exactly the same question Adam and Eve had to answer:
Do I believe the word of God, or Satan?
The Catechism clearly teaches, "Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of Heaven — through purification or immediately,— or immediate and everlasting damnation" (No. 1022).
What else is there to say!!!!!!

Since you don't believe the Catholic Catechism, all you needed to say is "I do not believe the Catholic Catechism...

Location hidden

#429957 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily!!!!! Why no response???

But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

See "this night".....not later...this nite!!!!

Location hidden

#429958 Mar 26, 2013
What happened to the Tiger Lily???? Why no response??
Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
See "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom". Where is Abraham??? In Heaven where else????
Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Where is this guy??? See "in hell".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#429959 Mar 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.preparingforeternit y.com/dead.htm
What About Lazarus?
If you just stop for a moment and think about this wonderful truth. You will realize that our loved ones who have preceded us in death, are not being tormented now in hell, nor are they in heaven either where they would be looking down upon the terrible scenes taking place on this earth. They are all sleeping the sleep of death until resurrection morning. The Bible calls death a sleep. Jesus said his friend Lazarus was asleep when he referred to Lazarus' death. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth" John 11:11.
Lazarus Is Dead
Then in John 11:14 Jesus said, "Lazarus is dead." Christ called Lazarus forth from his tomb where he had been dead for four days. When Lazarus stepped forth from his tomb, he did not say that he had been to heaven. If Lazarus had been in heaven, don't you think that he would have protested about being brought back to this sinful earth. He would not have wanted to stay here for even one minute. He would have told those around him of the glorious scenes of heaven. But Lazarus did not speak of heaven. Lazarus had been sleeping in the dust of the earth since the breath of life had left him. Ecclesiastes 9:5. "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Lazarus was not conscious of anything that was going on during the time he was in the tomb. Psalms 146:4 says; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." We have no thoughts after death.
Psalms 115:17 tells us that there is no praise of God as far as the dead are concerned. "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence."
Isaiah 38:18,19 says: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth."
Psalms 6:5 says, "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"

Page Options

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email

<<

<

=
=

>

>>

Show resources

Add parallel

Luke 16:19-31

King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
socci

Cameron, MO

#429960 Mar 26, 2013
I have heard the claim made before about the comma in Luk 23:43, but this supposes the Reformers did not believe the dead were in their graves or soul sleep. In fact the Reformers were aware of the false doctrine of Rome. They understood the state of the dead.

http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm

So i think the comma is in the right place but it still reads the thief was now saved as of Today.

Jesus went to the grave for three days then rose from the dead.

day 1 - Friday.
day 2 - Sabbath.
day 3 - Sunday.

When the Smoke Clears

http://youtu.be.com/xwl8jAqsuVg

www.helltruth.com
www.truthaboutdeath.com
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429961 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catechism clearly teaches, "Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of Heaven — through purification or immediately,— or immediate and everlasting damnation" (No. 1022).
1 Corinthians 15

V: 53

say's Mortal man must put on Imortality.

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Only God is Immortal.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429962 Mar 26, 2013
nothing mean to me
noooooooooooooooooooo
your law is not my law..you confirm that what i say
you liked thief and others without moral and law
still say you not obey law

i say to you
who is last will be first
now you put who is last first
then
i must be very crazy
did i
if i am

please tell me

What is deference between judgment as law and Mercy?

I say to you I am not going where you going not at all.
socci

Cameron, MO

#429963 Mar 26, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
King James Version (KJV)
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

parable.

www.helltruth.com/q-a/the-rich-man-and-lazaru...

Jesus said many times the dead sleep. No man has immortality until the Second Coming & resurrection.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429964 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 6

13I give you charge in the sight of God, who brings all things to

life, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a

good confession;

14That you keep this commandment without spot, irreproachable, until

the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15Who in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only

Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can

approach unto; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and

power everlasting. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17-20

King James Version (KJV)

17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God,

be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Location hidden

#429966 Mar 26, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Page Options
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
<<
<
=
=
>
>>
Show resources
Add parallel
King James Version (KJV)
And....Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The message is undeniable...you live..you die... you are judged..
truth

Perth, Australia

#429967 Mar 26, 2013
kad novo sunce grane
led se otapa
i sve se vraca u zivot
cvijeta i zivi..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429968 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
922 866
<quoted text>
You deny the teaching of the Catechism and the NABre pope approved Bible???????
Catholic are you now ..........LOL

Location hidden

#429969 Mar 26, 2013
Douay-Rheims

And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise.

I find no Bible version that puts that comma in any other place than after the word "thee"
truth

Perth, Australia

#429970 Mar 26, 2013
Jesus say perfectly
many many many will come in my name..its not me..no

what ever you offer i am not except
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

what so ever you have even entire globe
its in vain
when on the end you will lose everything
did you lift up your soul for your idols
see
then
who is that person
tko prodaje duse svoje i njom se krivo kune
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#429971 Mar 26, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 15
V: 53
say's Mortal man must put on Imortality.
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Only God is Immortal.
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429972 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the God given right to not accept the truth in His Word...
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
(KJV)
He replied to him,“Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.(NABre pope approved Bible)
Pope Approved..........rotflol

Location hidden

#429973 Mar 26, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic are you now ..........LOL
Nay nay!!!! I do agree with them, as I would with any one else, when they teach per the Sacred Word of God..

On the matter of where do go the soul after death...they hit on the nail the head..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429974 Mar 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply put he sealed his fate. Nothing more that you imply.

Location hidden

#429975 Mar 26, 2013
heaven
1. the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

For those whom deny the truth in Scripture...you can also deny the correctness of the English dictionary!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web