Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595642 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429601 Mar 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not wish to trash your Church. I believe in my heart that this illness in your church has not been sufficiently addressed. Thie does not reflect on your Church's deposit of faith or the Truth is presents.I believe that the real enemy of your Church is whatever is driving this illness.
I base my belief on many many years of working with offenders, victims, families and institutions.To say someone or some institution has a sickness is not to trash it but to try to help it. My heartfelt belief is, yes , the Catholic Curch has this problem of abuse and cover up more than others.
Welcome back Herme - hope you are well and ready to tackle the world again!

;o)

Peace, love and happiness!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429602 Mar 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Let's analyze what Jesus stated.
"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"
"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it"
- we as humans will live on this Earth. We want to live. But when we begin to learn of the spiritual things in life, we are "saving" our lives, all the while, knowing we will die.['you'll lose it"]
"but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"
- Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation".
But you have fallen short of this goal. You chose to only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught. Unfortunately, you will continue to believe in that portion that is incomplete.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
"Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation"

LOL!

you have fallen short of dying to yourself/sinnful nature NOW in this life since that's what it takes to become born-again in the spirit:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429603 Mar 25, 2013
599 558
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
Why are you so curt about Christian characteristics...
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Jesus said..
ARE YOU ONE OF THESE
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
I do not see ratting as a Christian charismatic...

Judas ratted on Jesus..I cannot for the world of me understand how you see that sort of action as being of a Christian nature!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#429604 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Welcome back Herme - hope you are well and ready to tackle the world again!
;o)
Peace, love and happiness!
Really pleased to see you again. New Age. And thankful I can do this again. I will be looking forward to exchanging thoughts again with you. Take Care.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#429605 Mar 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is the word "bible" or the words "bible only" or sola scriptura, or trinity, or "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" (IN THE BIBLE) that you "fundies" believe and preach!!The fact is-----!NOWHERE!!!----Bible Only "Bigotry and hypocricy" has corrupted your "editorial preaching"!!
~~~

YOU WROTE

So where is the word "bible" or the words "bible only" or sola scriptura, or trinity, or "personal relationship with Jesus Christ"

___

SO WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY ...

THAT GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION IS CHANGED ...

FROM THE WAY IT IS DEFINED...

IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS.(THE BOOK OF ORIGINS)...

WHEN IT WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN DOWN BY MOSES, IN HEBREW..

Gen_49:18 I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.

Exo_14:13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the SALVATION of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my SALVATION: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Deu_32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness;

then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his SALVATION.

SALVATION WAS FIRST DEFINED AS...yesh-oo'-aw ... WHICH IS JESUS IN HEBREW AND HE IS STILL OUR SALVATION...

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS ....INSTITUTION EXISTING IN THE GALAXIES THAT

IS OUR SALVATION...THAT IS THE DOOR ...BUT JESUS CHRIST

JESUS SAID...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh_10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Albuquerque, NM

#429606 Mar 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation"
LOL!
you have fallen short of dying to yourself/sinnful nature NOW in this life since that's what it takes to become born-again in the spirit:)
...the difference between my belief and yours and most of all of Christendom, is that I accept ALL of what Jesus taught to come to this conclusion, which clearly shows this direction in ALL of his teachings.

You on the other hand, will take "Paul's" word over Jesus', even though Jesus expressed the same things as "Paul".

But you won't see it this way, because you think "Paul" is more enlightened.

Albuquerque, NM

#429607 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>Really pleased to see you again. New Age. And thankful I can do this again. I will be looking forward to exchanging thoughts again with you. Take Care.
Hopefully with your time away, you had moments that included thinking about some of what I have written.

;O)

I'd hate to repeat everything all over again!

:o)

#429608 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Hopefully with your time away, you had moments that included thinking about some of what I have written.
;O)
```

If you did no one in their right mind would pay any more attention

to it, any more than they did the first time you exercised your fingers in vain.
jesus christ blows me

Hazleton, PA

#429609 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
```
to it, any more than they did the first time you exercised your fingers in vain.
what you need do is exercise your fingers over the vein of my pee nuts.

#429610 Mar 25, 2013
jesus christ blows me wrote:
<quoted text>what you need do is exercise your fingers over the vein of my pee nuts.
I don't perform castrations. You will have to find a qualified surgeon
for that kind of surgery.
Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

#429611 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>When I first came to this forum I was pro reunion of Churches. I based this on Catholics I have known during my lifetime. Also on my reading, individual study with a sister, and attendance of Catholic Church. You have shown me an ugly side of your church- unrepentant, cruel, arrogant, deceptive, elitist,condemning, etc. Not all Catholics here but some are like you.If you truly represent your church ( which I do not believe) then I could never join with a church that holds itself above all others, continuously brags about its superiority, I unwilling to accept any feedback whatsoever, viciously attacks and hurts people,etc.Your best bet if you truly want reunion is to let the true Catholics speak and maintain a vow of silence.
Have you considered most of the regular 'disruptive' input in this forum may be 'sock puppets' or a 'united tag team'?
Questions?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_propos...
Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

#429612 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>When I first came to this forum I was pro reunion of Churches. I based this on Catholics I have known during my lifetime. Also on my reading, individual study with a sister, and attendance of Catholic Church. You have shown me an ugly side of your church- unrepentant, cruel, arrogant, deceptive, elitist,condemning, etc. Not all Catholics here but some are like you.If you truly represent your church ( which I do not believe) then I could never join with a church that holds itself above all others, continuously brags about its superiority, I unwilling to accept any feedback whatsoever, viciously attacks and hurts people,etc.Your best bet if you truly want reunion is to let the true Catholics speak and maintain a vow of silence.
And again for your consideration...

"Strawman sockpuppet

A strawman sockpuppet is a false flag pseudonym created to make a particular point of view look foolish or unwholesome in order to generate negative sentiment against it. Strawman sockpuppets typically behave in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner and advance "straw man" arguments that their puppeteers can easily refute. The intended effect is to discredit more rational arguments made for the same position.[38] Such sockpuppets behave in a similar manner to internet troll"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28In...

Albuquerque, NM

#429613 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
```
Thanks for reading my post!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429614 Mar 25, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered most of the regular 'disruptive' input in this forum may be 'sock puppets' or a 'united tag team'?
Questions?
Enough of the "united tag-team" whining. Have you considered the article on which this thread is based?

What do you expect? "Thank you for calling us defective" maybe?

Maybe we should thank you for posting under a banner that proclaims the churches of 99% of America's Founders as somehow un-true and second class?

Remember, it was your "true" church that stood firmly against most of America's Bill of Rights for over 100 years. As an American, how can you insist that was guided by God?

It was America's non-Catholics Founders who gave U.S. Catholics the right to vote for perhaps the very first time in history.

There are scores of Catholic forums. Why any U.S. Catholic would insist on posting under this thread's title is beyond me.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, REALITY

Location hidden

#429615 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
;O)
LOL I have memorized your every word

Location hidden

#429616 Mar 25, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions?
Thank you for this very helpful info-I still have much to learn about the internet
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429617 Mar 25, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
"Strawman sockpuppet
A strawman sockpuppet is a false flag pseudonym created to make a particular point of view look foolish or unwholesome in order to generate negative sentiment against it. Strawman sockpuppets typically behave in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner and advance "straw man" arguments that their puppeteers can easily refute. The intended effect is to discredit more rational arguments made for the same position.[38] Such sockpuppets behave in a similar manner to internet troll"
What exactly do you see as a "false flag pseudonym" in that poster's words?

Instead of a blanket attack, be specific if you dare.

Location hidden

#429618 Mar 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
599 558
<quoted text>
I do not see ratting as a Christian charismatic...
Judas ratted on Jesus..I cannot for the world of me understand how you see that sort of action as being of a Christian nature!!!!
When someone harms another, who has less power, and victimizers them verbally or physically, a rat is one who turns away and pretends nothing happened.

#429619 Mar 25, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
"Strawman sockpuppet
~~~

A straw man...

is a scare crow...

A man outstanding in his field... no matter the weather...

He is a no-brainer has no guts...His arms and legs are tossed about by

every wind and doctrine, that comes by.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429620 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
...the difference between my belief and yours and most of all of Christendom, is that I accept ALL of what Jesus taught to come to this conclusion, which clearly shows this direction in ALL of his teachings.
You on the other hand, will take "Paul's" word over Jesus', even though Jesus expressed the same things as "Paul".
But you won't see it this way, because you think "Paul" is more enlightened.
paul simply took-up where Jesus left off and as i'm currently a member of the Body of Christ on earth, i'm taking up where Jesus & paul left off!

'come with me if you want to live' waaasssuuup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 1 hr kuda 34
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... 21 hr The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web