Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,857
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429464 Mar 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Jethro8, are just another "opinionated" bible only "editorialist" ---and are "no different" than a Protestant "contradicting and confuse" fundie!!!..... I post the same TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, because of your "inability" to "mentally, spiritually and emotionally" of comprehending the biblically and historically--PROVEN TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE interpretation of the bible!! There is "nothing new" to comment on! There is "only one FULLNESS of the TRUTH--and that TRUTH is in over 2000 years of Jesus Christs One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
TRUTH is in over 2000 years of Jesus Christs One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.JETHRO: show me in scripture where Jesus declares this statement of yours is factual? "HE never gives his church a name,he did not try to start a denomination/s all he tried to do according to the theory is spread his fathers WORD."that is true history. yours is man made dribble for profit and power reasons only.

usa

#429465 Mar 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Jethro8, are just another "opinionated" bible only "editorialist" ---and are "no different" than a Protestant "contradicting and confuse" fundie!!!..... I post the same TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, because of your "inability" to "mentally, spiritually and emotionally" of comprehending the biblically and historically--PROVEN TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE interpretation of the bible!! There is "nothing new" to comment on! There is "only one FULLNESS of the TRUTH--and that TRUTH is in over 2000 years of Jesus Christs One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
please x 1000 post some true authentic history, instead of your constant, "my opinion" parrot talk.i have no inability to comprehend the bible,my head is not full of some else's interpretation of the bible,for the sole purpose of profit and power.that is all your church is about. It's crimes against humanity prove beyond a doubt that it could not possibly be "the true church".
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

#429466 Mar 24, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the offical othodox teaching on stem cell research , birth control (The early church fathers made comments on this) invetrio fertalization ....ect? The catholic church has offical statements.
Please realize that it is not a competition.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429467 Mar 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife is the one who leveled the slander and accusation there was no deflection I merely posted an appropriate attitude and Christian response from an Orthodox group who is attemtpting to deal with the problem in your church. As I and virtually every Catholic have said this is not a uniquely Catholic issue. If you wish to join the Protestants who say this doesnt happen, its not an issue or yours is way worse than mine. That is the attitude that is a big part of the problem.
Marginalizing or pretending its being dealt with everywhere including your church is a denial of reality. The Catholic church as has been posted has taken alot of action to address issues. Many have been weeded out and prevention programs have been enacted and policies streamlined. Orthodox and Protestant churches who are not ignorant bigots and realize they are not immune do not point fingers, but rather have worked together to implement their own programs with much praise for the steps the church took and continues to take. So if taking pot shots at the Church and mocking with reckless emotion is not nor has it ever been a solution. Darkness will eventually come to light.
Cardinals, Bishops, priests, laity, a pope. It doesnt matter who is responsible. If wrongs are committed then they must be dealt with. God will judge all, but in no way does wrongs committed by individuals suggest the teachings of the of Church advocate abuse. The bible has more than a few examples of deeds and corruption and the result. As churches are investigated globally and programs continue to be enacted the darkness will come to light, but no one will ever be fully immune from sinners.
Lies and cover ups are what you and your church stand for....Good job!
Clay

United States

#429468 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay, not fear. Reason, logic, and the Information Age.
With all the information available in 2013, its not logical to assume the Bible appeared out of the sky and the Apostle passed it around for the folks to figure out their own Christianity.
I use that analogy because they use the Bible against the Church upon which it came.
Well, reason and logic suggests that's impossible since you'd have to agree the Holy Spirit evidently was with the Catholic Church during the compilation of the Bible. Right?
So now the dilemma people face is: thinking Christ Jesus let His Church get infiltrated and spread the wrong gospel for a thousand + yrs... only to have some born agains read the Bible and decipher their own 'truth'.
Is that last scenario logical?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429469 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you know what it means.
You have deciphered a secret code book that reveals all the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe.
Of course, if we are to believe you, we must also believe that the actual authors of your secret code book did not have a clue as to what they wrote and what it meant.
Your god-vision sounds flaky to me -- dogma and ritual is somehow more important than the morals and ethics that Jesus actually taught -- but if you say so on an anonymous message board, how can anyone be skeptical?
So how do you exist knowing you have all that truth, and virtually no one gives a rat's behind?
From your response to "Where are you getting this info?" it is plain that your words are nothing but hot air...just something you made up!!!! Nothing else.....

usa

#429470 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't trust corrupt, perverted, power hungry men, who can you trust?
during my days as a cab driver the biggest tips i got were from people who had the least.waitresses were good tippers where as dr's,lawyers etc were not. people who gave me good tips when they could they got a free ride from me once in awhile,and pay for it myself,why you say? out of respect for them,that's why.they have little, but gave me something they probably really couldn't afford,out of appreciation of being there to make sure they got to work on time and home safely.in bad areas i used to walk people to their door,elderly men an women etc. you really want to learn about life? try being a cab driver,you meet every possible type person in the world if you do it long enough,it's a great education. i worked from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. i met the best and the worst the world has to offer.

usa

#429471 Mar 24, 2013
be back later need to practice my bowling on pogo,i lost my last two games,not happy. see you later,be safe, have a good afternoon/evening people,you to hojo.
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

#429472 Mar 24, 2013
Regarding the petty squabbles whether the Catholic or the Orthodox Church is the First, the True Church, the Church that Schismed etc
Mark 10
41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: 44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Clay

United States

#429473 Mar 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not fear your church clay.
Fear is believing the devils lies.
I do not condemn the people, but the doctrine of the catholic church.
Christ's Church are people who love the Lord with all their heart soul, and minds , and has no other god (or goddess) before them.
God cares less what denomination a person belongs to.
God cares only about the heart and soul of man.
Jesus didn't die for a denomination He died for people.
I believe you do fear the Catholic Church. This is why you'll believe anything negative about them. When people falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary, you'll latch on to that out of fear, no matter the evidence presented to exonerate us.

The Scribes, Pharisees and other Jews feared Jesus Christ. And now you fear His Church. You love to embrace the lies presented towards the CC.
I believe this is why many of you are attached to such a radical form of Christianity that it does not make sense. It requires complete ignorance to be one of you guys. It requires you to 'make believe' that the Apostles completely messed up the will of Jesus Christ and forgot to explain their letters properly.
Then, you proudly and foolishly think the 'born again' movement uncovered the secret hidden meaning behind the Ministery of Jesus Christ, that was kept from people by the evil Roman Catholic Church until the Bible was printed!

In my opinion, you take advantage of Gods infinite love for all His creation, by assuming that when you turned your life to Christ, Jesus gave you the authority to read and decide your own opinion on His will..
Arrogant. Irresponsible. Bold and foolish!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429474 Mar 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smeutics wrote:
<quoted text>ITS TRULY CONFOUNDING that you could interpret my very clear words to convey some sort of minimization or denial of any abuse in my church. This must be some rhetorical device that you use to somehow twist the very clear message that was posted. To be helpful I will post it again. Quit denying that the Catholic Church has had an enormous problem with sexual abuse y. cover up by the hierarchy. Quit pretending that it is resolved.Your lack of courage in facing the truth, your attempt to divert attention to other churches and then claim that they deny the problem when your church's denial goes to the highest levels of the hierarchy only reinforces the perception of your church as arrogant. I have said that surely the Orthodox church also has abuse. I don't know how many more times I need to say this. Also I say that the Catholic church has the worst problem of sexual abuse. And I am saying that it is not fixed and there is much still to be disclosed. As for the Being linked with the "Protestants" you and present this like somehow they are "dirty", I believe that you and your church should perform its own repentance before judging other Christians.
No, you are doing just what I said. You seem quite certain that abuse in the church is greater than anywhere else. I am sure you have the actual facts that the Church is the worst. lol All evidence points to the contrary.

You are slinging the accusations. Im not going to go over it again and this one did this and that. That is your way. We have and are dealing with it.

Independent studies and reforms were initiated as I said. As they continue as I said more darkness will likely come to light. Pope Benedict and Bishops did acknowledge it. Bishop Dolan harshly criticized fellow Bishops as have priests, as have lay people and apologists.

I referred to the Protestants who say we have no problem. We never covered up. We dont have any homosexuals. What a crock! I condoned those protestants and Orthodox who don't point fingers and deny their issues. In one breathe you say you are not in that camp then you make wild claims that the Church is the worst of all.

We can all do more, but your method of resolving the issue is to trash on the Church with unfounded allegation. Im done with playing tit for tat. I and other catholics have sufficiently proven your statement is false.

Sadly you wish to continue in the your church has more routine. I will choose the Orthodox and Protestants who work to find the best solution to prevent it as much as possible and weed out offendors. We are not justifying it nor does any Catholic want their child to be abused or condone it.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429475 Mar 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Lies and cover ups are what you and your church stand for....Good job!
It has been brought up when the reformation come about as to wether the protestants should have come out of her the RCC and went back to the Orthodox. However the importantant thing as it was written to come out of her. Under the anti-christ system with the false prophetat it's head the Pope.
Clay

United States

#429476 Mar 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smeutics wrote:
Regarding the petty squabbles whether the Catholic or the Orthodox Church is the First, the True Church, the Church that Schismed etc
Mark 10
41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: 44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
All I know, is that history shows the Orthodox being united with The Bishop of Rome until the schism.
The Papacy is documented in every decade since Peter.
Pope Clement wrote authoritatively to the Churches and they listened to him. This was done while some of the Apostle were still alive.

I'm assuming the Church in the East would also have listened to Rome if any disputes erupted. Perhaps this is why the remarkable similarities between the two Churches exist today, 2,000 yrs later.
Plus, Herm, any group of people need one leader. Whether its a coach on a football team or a Bishop. Jesus Christ did the responsible thing by leaving someone in charge of the day to day operations of His Church, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I would have done the same thing. One Bishop; One Faith; One fold.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429477 Mar 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Lies and cover ups are what you and your church stand for....Good job!
There is your answer Herme. Good Stuff! I am sure that is what was said at the inaugural of Pope Francis attended by the Patriarch of Constantinople. How very sad.

Location hidden

#429478 Mar 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are doing just what I said. You seem quite certain that abuse in the church is greater than anywhere else. I am sure you have the actual facts that the Church is the worst. lol All evidence points to the contrary.
You are slinging the accusations. Im not going to go over it again and this one did this and that. That is your way. We have and are dealing with it.
Independent studies and reforms were initiated as I said. As they continue as I said more darkness will likely come to light. Pope Benedict and Bishops did acknowledge it. Bishop Dolan harshly criticized fellow Bishops as have priests, as have lay people and apologists.
I referred to the Protestants who say we have no problem. We never covered up. We dont have any homosexuals. What a crock! I condoned those protestants and Orthodox who don't point fingers and deny their issues. In one breathe you say you are not in that camp then you make wild claims that the Church is the worst of all.
We can all do more, but your method of resolving the issue is to trash on the Church with unfounded allegation. Im done with playing tit for tat. I and other catholics have sufficiently proven your statement is false.
Sadly you wish to continue in the your church has more routine. I will choose the Orthodox and Protestants who work to find the best solution to prevent it as much as possible and weed out offendors. We are not justifying it nor does any Catholic want their child to be abused or condone it.
Catholic experts at the initiation of the new Pope conceded that the Pope had a huge burden in dealing with the continuing sexual abuse scadal in the Catholic Church. At no time did they indicated that signifant inroads had been made into this problem.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429479 Mar 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know, is that history shows the Orthodox being united with The Bishop of Rome until the schism.
The Papacy is documented in every decade since Peter.
Pope Clement wrote authoritatively to the Churches and they listened to him. This was done while some of the Apostle were still alive.
I'm assuming the Church in the East would also have listened to Rome if any disputes erupted. Perhaps this is why the remarkable similarities between the two Churches exist today, 2,000 yrs later.
Plus, Herm, any group of people need one leader. Whether its a coach on a football team or a Bishop. Jesus Christ did the responsible thing by leaving someone in charge of the day to day operations of His Church, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I would have done the same thing. One Bishop; One Faith; One fold.
Well Clay I wouldnt expect any kind of calm or reasoned approach from those two. The Orthodox did reunite at the council of Florence. You can google the recent discussions at Ravenna. Metropolitan Hilarion seemed to be open to ecumenical discussions. However certain sects of Orthodox reject him as a Heretic. His papers were cirulated at Catholic seminaries. At least open discussion. It was a great disappointment that the Russian contingent headed by Hilarion left the discussions at Ravenna due to a dispute within the Orthodox church. They all agreed, but then the document was reviewed in Russia and rejected. The largest share of the Orthodox are under the Russian umbrella.

What is being discussed and reviewed with theologians is the role of the Papacy in the early church. Long before you or these 2 came here these things were put out in some detail. 2 lungs is a fairly comprehensive website dealing with points and counterpoints which are being discussed. Kallisto, Bartholemew and other Patriarchs have warmed quite a bit allowing talks to take place. Pope Benedict was greatly respected. He is a deep theologian and extremely intelligent. However perhaps not as Charismatic. Francis is very familiar with the Eastern Church and Charismatic. It is too early to tell what issues he may become mired with. Bendedict never wanted the Papacy but he went where he felt he was called. He wanted to continue his writings and work feverishly on a unification of the churches.

The issue being discussed right now is the issues you are bringing up. They are sharing documents and discussing the role of the papacy in the early church and the theology. It is interesting to see what they did agree upon.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#429480 Mar 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Lady, you have got one hell of a problem. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, just vomiting bile along with the rest of the protestants. While Christians have been spending Lent in prayer and repentance, you are here bashing Jesus' church. What an ugly person you are. You need to go to confession.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#429481 Mar 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you do fear the Catholic Church. This is why you'll believe anything negative about them. When people falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary, you'll latch on to that out of fear, no matter the evidence presented to exonerate us.
The Scribes, Pharisees and other Jews feared Jesus Christ. And now you fear His Church. You love to embrace the lies presented towards the CC.
I believe this is why many of you are attached to such a radical form of Christianity that it does not make sense. It requires complete ignorance to be one of you guys. It requires you to 'make believe' that the Apostles completely messed up the will of Jesus Christ and forgot to explain their letters properly.
Then, you proudly and foolishly think the 'born again' movement uncovered the secret hidden meaning behind the Ministery of Jesus Christ, that was kept from people by the evil Roman Catholic Church until the Bible was printed!
In my opinion, you take advantage of Gods infinite love for all His creation, by assuming that when you turned your life to Christ, Jesus gave you the authority to read and decide your own opinion on His will..
Arrogant. Irresponsible. Bold and foolish!
No there is nothing to fear; the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom Clay.
The evil of your denomination is history, my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans Clay.
My faith in totally in Jesus Christ, and what He did for me on the cross. That is what I trust in, that Jesus washed my sins away, and gave me a new direction.

There is nothing else that has ever made since .
God's Grace is sufficient for me.
Your eyes are on man, mine is on Jesus and His righteousness,

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU CLAY, GOD LOVES US ALL.
BEING PROTESTANT OR CATHOLIC DOES'T GOD LOVES YOU MORE OR LESS.
ITS WHAT'S IN A PERSONS HEART.
What does the Bible say,

Romans 10

King James Version (KJV)

10 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Location hidden

#429482 Mar 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Clay I wouldnt expect any kind of calm or reasoned approach from those two. The Orthodox did reunite at the council of Florence. You can google the recent discussions at Ravenna. Metropolitan Hilarion seemed to be open to ecumenical discussions. However certain sects of Orthodox reject him as a Heretic. His papers were cirulated at Catholic seminaries. At least open discussion. It was a great disappointment that the Russian contingent headed by Hilarion left the discussions at Ravenna due to a dispute within the Orthodox church. They all agreed, but then the document was reviewed in Russia and rejected. The largest share of the Orthodox are under the Russian umbrella.
What is being discussed and reviewed with theologians is the role of the Papacy in the early church. Long before you or these 2 came here these things were put out in some detail. 2 lungs is a fairly comprehensive website dealing with points and counterpoints which are being discussed. Kallisto, Bartholemew and other Patriarchs have warmed quite a bit allowing talks to take place. Pope Benedict was greatly respected. He is a deep theologian and extremely intelligent. However perhaps not as Charismatic. Francis is very familiar with the Eastern Church and Charismatic. It is too early to tell what issues he may become mired with. Bendedict never wanted the Papacy but he went where he felt he was called. He wanted to continue his writings and work feverishly on a unification of the churches.
The issue being discussed right now is the issues you are bringing up. They are sharing documents and discussing the role of the papacy in the early church and the theology. It is interesting to see what they did agree upon.
Now why would you say that? We do not disagree with facts.But this post has not a thing to do with what was discused in past post.

Location hidden

#429483 Mar 24, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, you have got one hell of a problem. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, just vomiting bile along with the rest of the protestants. While Christians have been spending Lent in prayer and repentance, you are here bashing Jesus' church. What an ugly person you are. You need to go to confession.
LOL...Go Catholic Go!!.....(cheering)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 9 min Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 12 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web