Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,463
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#429415 Mar 24, 2013
if you honest you will say..about what..stolen indetity..much more..

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429416 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy must be the leader of the world domination plot.
It's all coming together.
me plotting to dominate the world? if i was first thing,go after the archives of the pagan/christian church return all the stolen items to their rightful owners,go threw their files, find the names of known pedophile priests and bishops etc.(like the cardinal from Africa who basically confessed to being a pedophile when he stated and i quote " going by my own experiences")and put them behind bars where they can get the help they need for their perversion.outlaw organized religion, practice your religion at home where it belongs,tax these multi-millionaire TV evangelists,who are not true religious organizations just excellent speakers like Ronald Reagan was,and profiting off the bible for their own greed,why does god need 20 antique airplanes worth millions for?can't remember guys name,but he lives in a mansion, owns all these planes, and multiple cars and it's all tax free,something wrong here.problem is they are getting richer and richer because people are turning away from organized groups,they are re-thinking the ideals these groups have,are they truly just spiritual churches out to spread the truth of the scriptures or are they just in it for the money? and you can not deny the fact this is all caused by the actions of the catholic church,they got the ball rolling, and people are re-thinking their religious choices,which is probably a good idea.this would be just the beginning of the changes i'd make,it would boil down to a simple thing "live and let live or go to jail". as far as a domination plot goes i believe that was/is the motive of the pagan/christian(catholic)churc h,why else would they try and wipe out the Muslims (the crusades) in the middle east and other people, torture and kill anyone who spoke out against the church? would gods true church really carry out such inhumane acts? I seriously doubt it.
youtube

AOL

#429417 Mar 24, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

James

Herriman, UT

#429418 Mar 24, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
actually history shows the oppisite. Many catholic priests were killed standing up to stalen , hitler..ect. if the pope were to say mohamad was a false profit and it is false religion we would see how many christians would die. the catholic church saved more jews then any other country and had the pope blasted hitler he would have stormed catholic institutions were they were hiding.the state of isreal has honered that pope and that is a 100% varifable fact.if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read
Auctually Christ said we are to be ready to die for Him,..never compromise the faith....like the martyrs before in Rome and later all over the world...So in the fact that the Pope crawled up to hitler..he was in league with Satan himself...

usa

#429419 Mar 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
What came first The Church or The Bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YqKjcTHsuw0XX
the scriptures existed before both,the bible is a man made book which does not contain the whole truth,a lot of books were left out, some burned, some torn up and sold as souvenirs,if you mean the catholic church,it also is a creation of mans in which pagan and christian ideals were put together to please the two groups,the history shows it's not the holy place it claims to be. to answer your question is hard, emperor Constantine put together the 100 men to create the church and bible pretty much at the same time,so i guess you would have to create a set or rules,doctrines,catechisms in order to have a church,so in "IN MY OPINION" the bible had to be created first before you can have an organized group/church.
jesus christ blows me

Hazleton, PA

#429420 Mar 24, 2013
the vatican is the only true bingo hall in the world...other bingo halls dont count.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429421 Mar 24, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
actually history shows the oppisite. Many catholic priests were killed standing up to stalen , hitler..ect. if the pope were to say mohamad was a false profit and it is false religion we would see how many christians would die. the catholic church saved more jews then any other country and had the pope blasted hitler he would have stormed catholic institutions were they were hiding.the state of isreal has honered that pope and that is a 100% varifable fact.if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read
Why do you put words in my post?

"The RCC saved more Jews than any other country?"

I believe that was the USA, who also freed Rome and the Vatican. But you are only spinning. I wrote IF, again IF Hitler had won the war, the Vatican would have survived, because history tells us with no uncertainty that they would have become anything required to survive. You conveniently ignore how the RCC sucked up to Mussolini in so many ways. They would have done the same for his buddy Hitler if required for survival.

.... "if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read"

Where did I ever post that? Is the Catholic claim of "perfect teachings on morals" somehow validated by pointing out that the RCC was no worse than the Protestants?

Question -- Do you believe Jesus is a great teacher of morals because He is no worse than Satan?

Of course not, but the "no worse than... " excuse is pathetic for a supposed "one true" church -- so spiritually superior that all others are "defective" or not churches at all.

What a crock.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429422 Mar 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>me plotting to dominate the world? if i was first thing,go after the archives of the pagan/christian church return all the stolen items to their rightful owners,go threw their files, find the names of known pedophile priests and bishops etc.(like the cardinal from Africa who basically confessed to being a pedophile when he stated and i quote " going by my own experiences")and put them behind bars where they can get the help they need for their perversion.outlaw organized religion, practice your religion at home where it belongs,tax these multi-millionaire TV evangelists,who are not true religious organizations just excellent speakers like Ronald Reagan was,and profiting off the bible for their own greed,why does god need 20 antique airplanes worth millions for?can't remember guys name,but he lives in a mansion, owns all these planes, and multiple cars and it's all tax free,something wrong here.problem is they are getting richer and richer because people are turning away from organized groups,they are re-thinking the ideals these groups have,are they truly just spiritual churches out to spread the truth of the scriptures or are they just in it for the money? and you can not deny the fact this is all caused by the actions of the catholic church,they got the ball rolling, and people are re-thinking their religious choices,which is probably a good idea.this would be just the beginning of the changes i'd make,it would boil down to a simple thing "live and let live or go to jail". as far as a domination plot goes i believe that was/is the motive of the pagan/christian(catholic)churc h,why else would they try and wipe out the Muslims (the crusades) in the middle east and other people, torture and kill anyone who spoke out against the church? would gods true church really carry out such inhumane acts? I seriously doubt it.
No, I was referring to hojo, but since you protest so much -- it must be you!!!

Jethro = world domination. Who knew before this moment?

I suspected, but wasn't sure :o)
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429423 Mar 24, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and top Nazis were Catholic put in power by the Catholic Centre Party
http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust
That doesnt mean some Catholics didnt get caught up in resistance.
The French Revolution like the Mexican Cristero Revolution was ran by the Jesuits and Freemasons who are the Vatican's Templars as one replaced the other. Many died. Today the Jesuits run the Vatican.
Beware, the Catholic KoC are probably watching you right now.
jesus christ blows me

Hazleton, PA

#429424 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware, the Catholic KoC are probably watching you right now.
yummy....their chicken is finger lickin good.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429425 Mar 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
368 340
<quoted text>
People who don't know the meaning of words are always confused....
Agreed. Better to change the meanings to fit your view of the universe.

That way, you are always assured of having all the answers.

I'm still curious. How do you know these "true meanings," when the Jews who wrote and harbored the OT for a couple thousand years didn't have a clue as to what it really meant?

I find that amazing.

And you know all this, even with known faulty translations, while correcting others are able to read the books in the original language.

What a mental giant this poster must be! While scholars worldwide continue this debate for the ages, an anonymous guru on Topix has it down pat - a sure thing!!!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429426 Mar 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very seldom have I brought attention to the issue of sexual abuse and the Catholic Church. However I am not oblivious either to the scale of the sexual abuse and the cover up that continues in the Catholic Church. Deflect attention as you must onto the Orthodox or whomever.If this is your means of solution to a problem that your church has that is universally recognized as large scale- more so the cover up and the continuing thriving of those that covered up-then fine. We will follow this abuse into the next 20 years as well. As for the Orthodox, as someone who as spent his life preventing and protecting sex abuse victims I have no need to deny, minimize, or deflect. If one child is abused it is a travesty.I am not looking at other churches to defend my own.
Lets stop the roundy rounders and all admit the Catholic Church has yest to settle this and , not condemn but help the Church to reconcile this. Giod Bless your new Pope. May God Through this fine man bring a conclusion to this.
Very well said...

"If one child is abused it is a travesty. I am not looking at other churches to defend my own."

Something else to consider .... how petty and absurd is that excuse-making from the actual ethics and morals that Jesus taught?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429427 Mar 24, 2013
Correction...

Something else to consider .... how FAR AWAY IS THAT petty and absurd excuse-making from the actual ethics and morals that Jesus taught?

usa

#429428 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was referring to hojo, but since you protest so much -- it must be you!!!
Jethro = world domination. Who knew before this moment?
I suspected, but wasn't sure :o)
HOJO leading the world?? that would be Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini rolled into one,we would be forced fed a false religion,it would be like the old days when the church killed people who did not agree with them,he'd be the same way,since he responds to every post with basically the same message to every post,I question his intelligents. not a nice thing to say but i can't help think that way. can't prove it,but I suspect he changed religions be cause he probably married a catholic girl and he dove head first into the false teachings of the church,it is possible because i worked with a guy who went from a drinking,pot smoking person, to a religious zealot in a weekends time,it got so bad the company let him go because he constantly pestered people all day and stood by the time clock in the morning spouting passages and handing out pamphlets.And i think HOJO is the same way,again my opinion,but i'd bet $0.50 that i'm close to being right.Problem is he'll never admit the truth.
Clay

United States

#429429 Mar 24, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeppers Marge and Percy teamed up and ran Peanut and Ant off but we know there still lurking around......lol
Yeah but the reasons Catholics get 'run' off this forum has nothing to do with losing the debate. You guys are simply to ignorant to stomach. I'll go as far to say I've never dealt with people so completely stubborn; filled with pride and consumed by ignorance in my entire life. Its absolutely amazing.
However, I'll still try and be as polite as possible. I have no interest in converting anyone into Catholicism. To be honest, I don't think any of you would make a good fit in the Catholic Church right now anyway.
It took me just hrs to show someone they were in error about the Catholic faith and their pastor was bearing false witness against the Church. A couple quick Google searches and this Christian is now in classes to be received into the CC.
You see, he's a normal Christian; interested in actual truth and not conspiracy ideology.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429430 Mar 24, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Rome with the neurotic empire. Protestants and others have to defend themselves from Rome. Some died, only to have Catholics write books claiming they were being persecuted. Since the end of the holy roman empire this is no more, yet Protestants are still here. Obviously wasnt the Protestants.
Catholic Inquisition
http://youtu.be/Rx8PdvOELvY
with ex-Catholic Priest Richard Bennett
The severity of torture and murder that took place under Papal authority during the 605 years of the Inquisition can now be revealed from the pages of history. From the beginning of the Papacy, until the present time, it is estimated by credible historians that more than 50,000,000, men and women have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy charged against them by Papal Rome. This Video contains actual photographs of some of the instruments of torture that were used.
From John Dowling's The History of Romanism Book 8 Ch. 1, p 542-543, "From the birth of Popery in 600, to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty million of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of Popery." The main credible historians on the Inquisition, besides Dowling himself are Lea, Vancandard, Maycock, Coulton, Turberville and Scott's Church History. The torture chambers of the Inquisition lasted 605 years and were found throughout the nations controlled by Rome. They had their beginning under Pope Innocent III in 1203 until the Inquisition's final dissolution in Spain and Portugal in 1808.
The DVD documents as well twentieth century atrocities of the Vatican working with Roman Catholic dictators such as Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler; Francisco Franco in Spain, and Antonio Salazar in Portugal. The most brutal and bloodthirsty of all was Anton Pavelic in Croatia four-year reign of terror.
Lorane Botner in his book Roman Catholicism gives the numbers you quote but does not offer any documented facts for these numbers .The numbers you give have no basis in fact. Spain kept record on deaths in the inquisition .All stats these so called historians go back to his book !!!!!!!!!!
EndTimeNews

AOL

#429431 Mar 24, 2013

ISRAEL at APEX ----- READY for 7 YR Agreement

Pad

Rockford, IL

#429432 Mar 24, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
We have 36000 letters that cite scripture from pre RC councils. This and more proves the accepted books were in use long before Rome accepted them. What did the pope use before 312 AD?
<quoted text>
The pagan Roman Church is not UFO it is historic fact. UFO does not exist. The pagan obelisk & sun wheel sits out in front of the Vatican.
You are aware it is the Vatican who not only advocates all the evolution big bangism even the Father of the 'big bang' but also has ufologist priest, Corrado Balducci? Do you know why the Vatican is perpetrating this ufo hoax on the world? Buckle your seatbelts.. the Jesuits need ET on other planets to support their big bang theories that claim there are planets with life all over the universe, not just on earth as the Bible says. These Jesuits claim the big bang formed everything, not God, thus according to these mad scientists God did not create or even exist!
There is no life anywhere in space. No ET no UFO. NASA & SETI have been looking since the 1960s and so far -- nothing.
Back on planet earth grounded in the word of God.
The Universe is hemongous,and we have no clue as to what is out there.Naturally we can assume that God presently does not want this planet to know for a fact that life exists on other planets.

We really cannot dogmatically assert that there is,or there is not life on other planets.Stars have been discovered to be indeed planets,just because we may see them in the sky at night,does not mean we know in fact that there is no life on any of them.

God created the Universe,and He alone at this time knows what is involved in the four courners of His universe.If few there be that find the way to salvation,how is it that there are millions worshiping Him in Heaven? We do not know what God has planned for this Universe of His,we are like a little camera placed in a room of high tech programming machines,isolated by our limited view of what is the bigger picture around us.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#429433 Mar 24, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
btw...
Faith is belief in something for which there is no proof.
Which is why you are here and not becoming famous or even influential by proving your faith.
Nevertheless,Free Mind,after centuries of existing and facing every obstacle to faith imagineable,people of faith have seen that each new generation experiences the same Lord,and Savior jesus christ,giving Him the glory due His Name.

We have a choice,and that applies to every aspect of our lives.

The Apostle Paul encouraged the people of faith to build up themselves as well as to build up the Body of Christ.When we pray for example we can either remain bound to our own prayers,or we can enter into that realm of the Spirit,which in all truth builds up our spirit.It is a choice to choose to believe,to pray,to walk in the Spirit of God.It is all choice.God does not just pop inside of us,AS the Holy Spirit is a gentleman as it were,respectful to our power of choice.But when we choose God,and allow His Holy Spirit access to us,we find that our faith can be boundless,as God is not bound by human tradition or philosophies.

Jesus challenged our spirits by telling us that His Father would not give us a rock when we ask for bread,that He would not give us a serpent if we ask for fish.We are given the choice to A S K,and He will give us more than what we ask for,because He wants to build us up in our spirit.I am not talking about human assets on this earth of materialism,but the things of the SPIRIT,which goes deep into our being and builds up our faith in the God of all creation.

God is not going to come before you and say here I AM,believe in Me.But the Word was given to us so that we could intelligently,and with respect make the choice to choose our Creator over that which is temporal in this present life we live.If we choose fine homes,material things and security in this life,in and of themselves they are not wrong,but God wants us to realize that in this transitory life we CAN choose Him and that which is life,true,sacred and full of His glory.

I am going to another funeral this week,and perhaps next week as well after Easter,because two people I know one died ,and the other is on the threshold.The first funeral is for a 40 year old man who died abruptly from a terrible infection in his pancreas,which left him with a 107 degree temp.He went into diabetic coma,and the doctors struggled to save him,but could not.This man strived for a better life here,he purchased a new home,and he and his wife like so many relied on this life to give to them their security and so on.

Not saying that he was wrong to do so,but that prematurely,what he sought in this life was taken away from him,and now his wife is grieving,and his mother a dear friend of ours is devastated.What I am trying to say Free Mind is simply,we can strive to live a better life here,but we also need to focus our eyes on that which is unseen as well.Death robs us of a life here to its complete end.

Faith in God is more than a positive end,it is L I F E and the entering of that E T E R N A L sphere,of which we are totally clueless of in this plane.

All religions bekon human kind to look beyond our mortal frame and the pursuit of temporal happiness,TO consider that which is beyond the grave.

There is life beyond the grave,and we all should consider what that life is,the Bible tells us that Jesus holds the KEYS of life and death!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429434 Mar 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very seldom have I brought attention to the issue of sexual abuse and the Catholic Church. However I am not oblivious either to the scale of the sexual abuse and the cover up that continues in the Catholic Church. Deflect attention as you must onto the Orthodox or whomever.If this is your means of solution to a problem that your church has that is universally recognized as large scale- more so the cover up and the continuing thriving of those that covered up-then fine. We will follow this abuse into the next 20 years as well. As for the Orthodox, as someone who as spent his life preventing and protecting sex abuse victims I have no need to deny, minimize, or deflect. If one child is abused it is a travesty.I am not looking at other churches to defend my own.
Lets stop the roundy rounders and all admit the Catholic Church has yest to settle this and , not condemn but help the Church to reconcile this. Giod Bless your new Pope. May God Through this fine man bring a conclusion to this.
Your wife is the one who leveled the slander and accusation there was no deflection I merely posted an appropriate attitude and Christian response from an Orthodox group who is attemtpting to deal with the problem in your church. As I and virtually every Catholic have said this is not a uniquely Catholic issue. If you wish to join the Protestants who say this doesnt happen, its not an issue or yours is way worse than mine. That is the attitude that is a big part of the problem.

Marginalizing or pretending its being dealt with everywhere including your church is a denial of reality. The Catholic church as has been posted has taken alot of action to address issues. Many have been weeded out and prevention programs have been enacted and policies streamlined. Orthodox and Protestant churches who are not ignorant bigots and realize they are not immune do not point fingers, but rather have worked together to implement their own programs with much praise for the steps the church took and continues to take. So if taking pot shots at the Church and mocking with reckless emotion is not nor has it ever been a solution. Darkness will eventually come to light.

Cardinals, Bishops, priests, laity, a pope. It doesnt matter who is responsible. If wrongs are committed then they must be dealt with. God will judge all, but in no way does wrongs committed by individuals suggest the teachings of the of Church advocate abuse. The bible has more than a few examples of deeds and corruption and the result. As churches are investigated globally and programs continue to be enacted the darkness will come to light, but no one will ever be fully immune from sinners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 29 min Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 7 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE