Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,694)

Showing posts 413,861 - 413,880 of529,560
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am awed by your gift of finding one sentence ad by it grasping our theology of the Theotokos.ou are amazing because t has taken me years o study to get where you got in couple minutes. I hereby issue you your Paltalk Orthodox Theology degree.
It sounds like Mary worship to me, I could never entertain such a thing as I believe it a sin. But you knew that.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Marge,we are both doing fine.recovery for nick is slow but he will get there.We thank God for his recovery and also for all of you that prayed for him.Thank you! Blessings to you and your family..
Now I'll pray that you worship and pray to and serve God alone.

I Love you!:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge...the Orthodox Church is the church for me...God Bless you..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your heart is in the right place and you mean well....I can not fault that.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like Mary worship to me, I could never entertain such a thing as I believe it a sin. But you knew that.
I understand your belief. Your heart is pure.And loving.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I find it fascinating that, in my judgment, it is more of the Catholics than the Protestants that show fangs to the Orthodox Church. Please know that I don't care about being Number 1,the First Church, the only True Church. I only care that Christ, the Ruler of the World and the Heavens suffered on that Cross for me and you, which leaves us all with no bragging rights.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I find it fascinating that, in my judgment, it is more of the Catholics than the Protestants that show fangs to the Orthodox Church. Please know that I don't care about being Number 1,the First Church, the only True Church. I only care that Christ, the Ruler of the World and the Heavens suffered on that Cross for me and you, which leaves us all with no bragging rights.
I have that also to be true
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the History Channel version, but the facts do not support this. It was the Catholic Centre Party who put the Nazi Party in power, at the direction of the Vatican's prelates.
The Nazis were founded by the Vatican's Teutonic Knights. These are occultists like the Templars.
Priests were found running concentration camps and mass-murdering the Serbs in Yugoslavia, force converting over 250,000.
The first act of war by the Catholic Nazis was against the Protestants of Prussia:
http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust
<quoted text>
Another Knight of Christ (Templar), the king of Spain had this to say about Adolf:
"Adolf Hitler, son of the Catholic Church, died while defending Christianity. It is therefore understandable that words cannot be found to lament over his death, when so many were found to exalt his life. Over his mortal remains stands his victorious moral figure. With the palm of the martyr, God gives Hitler the laurels of Victory".-Spanish dictator (Francisco Franco, Knight of the Order of Christ) published on the 3rd of May 1945, the day of Hitler's death.("Reforme", 21st of July 1945.)
www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html
The Knights of Columbus and others today continue to run the US Gov waging war around the world for their bloody pope in Rome. The Jesuit professor Leon Panetta runs the Pentagon!
The Vatican is more violent that the Muslims. We need neither of these two most violent religions. Rome actually created Islam in the 7th century for this very global jihad/crusade. Rome does not spread Christianity.
The US dollar says "In God We Trust" put there by the KoC rightfully it reads in the pope we trust as they wage crusades around the world, and at home in total control of the Dept Homeland Security.
I've done work with paranoid schizophrenics. I believe you suffer from this terrible illness. I won't mock you or call you names again.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that there was not any abuse in the orthodox church.There is much more abouse in your catholic church than in the orthodox church.Does the orthodox church have a castle like the catholic church does. NO! Does it have all the tresures that the catholic church has? NO! If the catholic church wants to regain credibility it shand try return all its plunders and try being more humble.
What studies are you using to conferm there are more catholic preist sexual abusers than the Othodox ? I can garintee it is compairible and it should be noted there are married men who abuse there own childern. The Vatican museam treasres are for the world to see. How much treasure is there? The Vatican is also running a 10 milion deficit.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the History Channel version, but the facts do not support this. It was the Catholic Centre Party who put the Nazi Party in power, at the direction of the Vatican's prelates.
The Nazis were founded by the Vatican's Teutonic Knights. These are occultists like the Templars.
Priests were found running concentration camps and mass-murdering the Serbs in Yugoslavia, force converting over 250,000.
The first act of war by the Catholic Nazis was against the Protestants of Prussia:
http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust
<quoted text>
Another Knight of Christ (Templar), the king of Spain had this to say about Adolf:
"Adolf Hitler, son of the Catholic Church, died while defending Christianity. It is therefore understandable that words cannot be found to lament over his death, when so many were found to exalt his life. Over his mortal remains stands his victorious moral figure. With the palm of the martyr, God gives Hitler the laurels of Victory".-Spanish dictator (Francisco Franco, Knight of the Order of Christ) published on the 3rd of May 1945, the day of Hitler's death.("Reforme", 21st of July 1945.)
www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html
The Knights of Columbus and others today continue to run the US Gov waging war around the world for their bloody pope in Rome. The Jesuit professor Leon Panetta runs the Pentagon!
The Vatican is more violent that the Muslims. We need neither of these two most violent religions. Rome actually created Islam in the 7th century for this very global jihad/crusade. Rome does not spread Christianity.
The US dollar says "In God We Trust" put there by the KoC rightfully it reads in the pope we trust as they wage crusades around the world, and at home in total control of the Dept Homeland Security.
Conspericy theories
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
Have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week ALL!
Thanks, StarC!..... Likewise--the same to you and also to your family!!
God's Blessings!!!!
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me...where are the bones of Mary? lol....you have no clue what the Orthodox faith believes.And yes there are some orthodox churches that have gone under your Pope.There are many Orthodox that will refuse to join with the Catholic Church and will remain True Orthodox...

Can you show me were the Othodox Church teaches that we sould not work towards unity. It seems to me that the diologue and official decussions between our churches is supported by the hiarchy ? You are right I dont know everything the Othodox teaches as you couldnt know everything we teach. I do know we share more in common then anyone else and that the official diologe is conferming this and other areas are being worked on.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both ROMAN in founded deed and doctrine whether you directly accept pope or not.
The Orthodox were founded by Rome as a schism or split at the time of Constantine who founded the Orthodox's Constantinople.
The Biblical prophecy confirms Rome has two legs east & west -- both part of the roman beast.(Daniel 2)
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
more here..
www.who-is-the-antichrist.org
the beast was pagin rome and the whore which john was refering to when he said was " city were my lord was crusified" was jerulsulm which was killing christians along with rome . by the way did you know that not one protestant reformer or any early christian taugt anything about a rapture.the teaching can from john darby in england in the 1830's.
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
What studies are you using to conferm there are more catholic preist sexual abusers than the Othodox ? I can garintee it is compairible and it should be noted there are married men who abuse there own childern. The Vatican museam treasres are for the world to see. How much treasure is there? The Vatican is also running a 10 milion deficit.
I find it interesting that a factual, empirical lad such as yourself would give a "GUARANTEE", when there have been no such studies. You ask Sera what study she has for her estimate at the same time GUARANTEEING your statement with no study.
I think it is safe to say that with the veil of secrecy that has existed for decades, with difficulty defining criteria of what would qualify as a sexual abuse incident (conviction? payoff civilly?), with the keeping of accurate records, with the overwhelming cover up, that we probably will not see such a study any time soon.Of course a person with such an expertise in research would know that wouldn't you?
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me were the Othodox Church teaches that we sould not work towards unity. It seems to me that the diologue and official decussions between our churches is supported by the hiarchy ? You are right I dont know everything the Othodox teaches as you couldnt know everything we teach. I do know we share more in common then anyone else and that the official diologe is conferming this and other areas are being worked on.
Read the Canons and the Canons of the Ecumenical Councils. Also read the flood of articles from the Orthodox Church re Ecumenicalism and concerns noted.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I am pleased that you love our "fossilized church." By all means keep modernizing, innovating, and adding to the original faith.
what is the offical othodox teaching on stem cell research , birth control (The early church fathers made comments on this) invetrio fertalization ....ect? The catholic church has offical statements.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smeutics wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Canons and the Canons of the Ecumenical Councils. Also read the flood of articles from the Orthodox Church re Ecumenicalism and concerns noted.
we also believe in the teachings of the councils and are these articals indorsed be each othodox church could you send me some of them to my email darrel.debra@shaw.ca

sincerely darrel
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Hey Seri, do you know about the woman and the expensive purfume?
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Read more carefully.
IF Hitler had won the war, history tells us what the RCC would have done.
History shows us clearly that it has had no problem setting morals aside in order to make nice with tyrants.
actually history shows the oppisite. Many catholic priests were killed standing up to stalen , hitler..ect. if the pope were to say mohamad was a false profit and it is false religion we would see how many christians would die. the catholic church saved more jews then any other country and had the pope blasted hitler he would have stormed catholic institutions were they were hiding.the state of isreal has honered that pope and that is a 100% varifable fact.if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seri, regina took off after calling me and my big sis ltm 'ilk' a few times, anthony left too and went over to 'catholic answers', i think thats the name.

I would love if we could do a Bible study on 'The Goodnews Gospel', together

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,861 - 413,880 of529,560
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••