Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,277
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429394 Mar 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
Have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week ALL!
Thanks, StarC!..... Likewise--the same to you and also to your family!!
God's Blessings!!!!
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429395 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me...where are the bones of Mary? lol....you have no clue what the Orthodox faith believes.And yes there are some orthodox churches that have gone under your Pope.There are many Orthodox that will refuse to join with the Catholic Church and will remain True Orthodox...

Can you show me were the Othodox Church teaches that we sould not work towards unity. It seems to me that the diologue and official decussions between our churches is supported by the hiarchy ? You are right I dont know everything the Othodox teaches as you couldnt know everything we teach. I do know we share more in common then anyone else and that the official diologe is conferming this and other areas are being worked on.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429396 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both ROMAN in founded deed and doctrine whether you directly accept pope or not.
The Orthodox were founded by Rome as a schism or split at the time of Constantine who founded the Orthodox's Constantinople.
The Biblical prophecy confirms Rome has two legs east & west -- both part of the roman beast.(Daniel 2)
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
more here..
www.who-is-the-antichrist.org
the beast was pagin rome and the whore which john was refering to when he said was " city were my lord was crusified" was jerulsulm which was killing christians along with rome . by the way did you know that not one protestant reformer or any early christian taugt anything about a rapture.the teaching can from john darby in england in the 1830's.
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

#429397 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
What studies are you using to conferm there are more catholic preist sexual abusers than the Othodox ? I can garintee it is compairible and it should be noted there are married men who abuse there own childern. The Vatican museam treasres are for the world to see. How much treasure is there? The Vatican is also running a 10 milion deficit.
I find it interesting that a factual, empirical lad such as yourself would give a "GUARANTEE", when there have been no such studies. You ask Sera what study she has for her estimate at the same time GUARANTEEING your statement with no study.
I think it is safe to say that with the veil of secrecy that has existed for decades, with difficulty defining criteria of what would qualify as a sexual abuse incident (conviction? payoff civilly?), with the keeping of accurate records, with the overwhelming cover up, that we probably will not see such a study any time soon.Of course a person with such an expertise in research would know that wouldn't you?
Hermeneutics Smeutics

New Castle, PA

#429398 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me were the Othodox Church teaches that we sould not work towards unity. It seems to me that the diologue and official decussions between our churches is supported by the hiarchy ? You are right I dont know everything the Othodox teaches as you couldnt know everything we teach. I do know we share more in common then anyone else and that the official diologe is conferming this and other areas are being worked on.
Read the Canons and the Canons of the Ecumenical Councils. Also read the flood of articles from the Orthodox Church re Ecumenicalism and concerns noted.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429399 Mar 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am pleased that you love our "fossilized church." By all means keep modernizing, innovating, and adding to the original faith.
what is the offical othodox teaching on stem cell research , birth control (The early church fathers made comments on this) invetrio fertalization ....ect? The catholic church has offical statements.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429400 Mar 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smeutics wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Canons and the Canons of the Ecumenical Councils. Also read the flood of articles from the Orthodox Church re Ecumenicalism and concerns noted.
we also believe in the teachings of the councils and are these articals indorsed be each othodox church could you send me some of them to my email darrel.debra@shaw.ca

sincerely darrel
marge

Ames, IA

#429401 Mar 23, 2013
Hey Seri, do you know about the woman and the expensive purfume?
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429402 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Read more carefully.
IF Hitler had won the war, history tells us what the RCC would have done.
History shows us clearly that it has had no problem setting morals aside in order to make nice with tyrants.
actually history shows the oppisite. Many catholic priests were killed standing up to stalen , hitler..ect. if the pope were to say mohamad was a false profit and it is false religion we would see how many christians would die. the catholic church saved more jews then any other country and had the pope blasted hitler he would have stormed catholic institutions were they were hiding.the state of isreal has honered that pope and that is a 100% varifable fact.if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read
marge

Ames, IA

#429403 Mar 23, 2013
Seri, regina took off after calling me and my big sis ltm 'ilk' a few times, anthony left too and went over to 'catholic answers', i think thats the name.

I would love if we could do a Bible study on 'The Goodnews Gospel', together
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429404 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
I've done work with paranoid schizophrenics. I believe you suffer from this terrible illness. I won't mock you or call you names again.

Just something the nazis say when their fascist empire is exposed.

Nazi Psychiatry
http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...
bottom of the page.)

United States

#429405 Mar 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
In our Take Action section, you were challenged to use this website to bring the issue of abuse into the light. Often times, you may hear people say that 'Abuse is unknown in the Orthodox Church!' or 'We may have problems, but we never move abusers around the way that the Catholics do.' This section provides the materials that can be used to teach the Orthodox both that abuse occurs, and that we have no right to point any fingers at our Roman brethren. In addition, we provide references to other groups that are working to help restore accountability in the Church. Finally, we provide information about what the different jurisdictions are doing to alleviate abuse and minister to victims, and who to contact if you want to see more done.
http://www.pokrov.org/displays.asp ...
-
-
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Very seldom have I brought attention to the issue of sexual abuse and the Catholic Church. However I am not oblivious either to the scale of the sexual abuse and the cover up that continues in the Catholic Church. Deflect attention as you must onto the Orthodox or whomever.If this is your means of solution to a problem that your church has that is universally recognized as large scale- more so the cover up and the continuing thriving of those that covered up-then fine. We will follow this abuse into the next 20 years as well. As for the Orthodox, as someone who as spent his life preventing and protecting sex abuse victims I have no need to deny, minimize, or deflect. If one child is abused it is a travesty.I am not looking at other churches to defend my own.
Lets stop the roundy rounders and all admit the Catholic Church has yest to settle this and , not condemn but help the Church to reconcile this. Giod Bless your new Pope. May God Through this fine man bring a conclusion to this.
-
-
Wow. Hermi!
I must say I agree with you.
No other church has the same WORLDWIDE infrastructure that the Catholic church has.
Indeed as hojo says "Protestants" are confused x 42,000 strong ... there is NOT the same infrastructure for protection in the Protestant population and child rapists don't rack up as many victims as Catholic pedophile priests have been able to.
-
Sad. but *if* the Catholic church "settles" this .. it would be an open admission of the global, systematic sheltering of child rapists .. I don't see that happening.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429406 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
actually history shows the oppisite. Many catholic priests were killed standing up to stalen , hitler..ect. if the pope were to say mohamad was a false profit and it is false religion we would see how many christians would die. the catholic church saved more jews then any other country and had the pope blasted hitler he would have stormed catholic institutions were they were hiding.the state of isreal has honered that pope and that is a 100% varifable fact.if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read

Hitler and top Nazis were Catholic put in power by the Catholic Centre Party

http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust

That doesnt mean some Catholics didnt get caught up in resistance.

The French Revolution like the Mexican Cristero Revolution was ran by the Jesuits and Freemasons who are the Vatican's Templars as one replaced the other. Many died. Today the Jesuits run the Vatican.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429407 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
if you thing protistants were angles during the refomation i can sujesst some good history books to read

It is Rome with the neurotic empire. Protestants and others have to defend themselves from Rome. Some died, only to have Catholics write books claiming they were being persecuted. Since the end of the holy roman empire this is no more, yet Protestants are still here. Obviously wasnt the Protestants.

Catholic Inquisition
http://youtu.be/Rx8PdvOELvY
with ex-Catholic Priest Richard Bennett

The severity of torture and murder that took place under Papal authority during the 605 years of the Inquisition can now be revealed from the pages of history. From the beginning of the Papacy, until the present time, it is estimated by credible historians that more than 50,000,000, men and women have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy charged against them by Papal Rome. This Video contains actual photographs of some of the instruments of torture that were used.

From John Dowling's The History of Romanism Book 8 Ch. 1, p 542-543, "From the birth of Popery in 600, to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty million of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of Popery." The main credible historians on the Inquisition, besides Dowling himself are Lea, Vancandard, Maycock, Coulton, Turberville and Scott's Church History. The torture chambers of the Inquisition lasted 605 years and were found throughout the nations controlled by Rome. They had their beginning under Pope Innocent III in 1203 until the Inquisition's final dissolution in Spain and Portugal in 1808.

The DVD documents as well twentieth century atrocities of the Vatican working with Roman Catholic dictators such as Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler; Francisco Franco in Spain, and Antonio Salazar in Portugal. The most brutal and bloodthirsty of all was Anton Pavelic in Croatia four-year reign of terror.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429408 Mar 23, 2013
we not care what you say because others is not better..you always point finger this or that..

my life stop 92 days when i come in this country..
your law is not my law i don't respect that any more..
by
tears
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429409 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
the beast was pagin rome and the whore which john was refering to when he said was " city were my lord was crusified" was jerulsulm which was killing christians along with rome . by the way did you know that not one protestant reformer or any early christian taugt anything about a rapture.the teaching can from john darby in england in the 1830's.

Rome is the 4th and final beast of the book of Daniel and Revelation. This included papal Rome, the little horn (Dn 7)

There is no Jerusalem empire. Harlot is a woman or Christian church, not Jewish or Muslim.

Darby & Scofield were a tools of the Jesuits who invented those false theologies.
http://historicist.info/articles2/hortwescott...

>"city were my lord was crusified" (Rev 11)

....is a reference to "spiritual Sodom and Egypt" or the atheist revolution that ended the holy roman empire after the 1260 years, in 1798 when Napoleon arrested the Pope.

Zionism from the Jesuits
www.reformation.org/mideast_crisis.html
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#429410 Mar 23, 2013
It's time for all Christians to put their differences aside, and stop arguing about the word of God and start living it.

Let God separate the sheep from the goats.

He alone knows mans heart He alone knows who He has predestine before time.
Love you all.
Hereme Sere hope you are well .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429411 Mar 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
It's time for all Christians to put their differences aside, and stop arguing about the word of God and start living it.
Let God separate the sheep from the goats.
He alone knows mans heart He alone knows who He has predestine before time.
Love you all.
Hereme Sere hope you are well .
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

God knew, before "square one" who would chose to believe and who would not believe...Its a person's free choice...God never forced anyone to believe...or not to believe..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429412 Mar 23, 2013
marge wrote:
Seri, regina took off after calling me and my big sis ltm 'ilk' a few times, anthony left too and went over to 'catholic answers', i think thats the name.
I would love if we could do a Bible study on 'The Goodnews Gospel', together
Yeppers Marge and Percy teamed up and ran Peanut and Ant off but we know there still lurking around......lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#429413 Mar 24, 2013
ona misli da ja neshvacam tko bata oko mojih vrata
after i thinking

i kad ce opet biti iznenadenje
nece hoce hoce kao i uvijek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Lorenzo 9,039
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr dollarsbill 83,961
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 22 hr swedenforever 37
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web