Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
413,841 - 413,860 of 538,558 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In our Take Action section, you were challenged to use this website to bring the issue of abuse into the light. Often times, you may hear people say that 'Abuse is unknown in the Orthodox Church!' or 'We may have problems, but we never move abusers around the way that the Catholics do.' This section provides the materials that can be used to teach the Orthodox both that abuse occurs, and that we have no right to point any fingers at our Roman brethren. In addition, we provide references to other groups that are working to help restore accountability in the Church. Finally, we provide information about what the different jurisdictions are doing to alleviate abuse and minister to victims, and who to contact if you want to see more done.
http://www.pokrov.org/displays.asp...
I never said that there was not any abuse in the orthodox church.There is much more abouse in your catholic church than in the orthodox church.Does the orthodox church have a castle like the catholic church does. NO! Does it have all the tresures that the catholic church has? NO! If the catholic church wants to regain credibility it shand try return all its plunders and try being more humble.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

@socci

Can you spot your church at this meeting of Christian churches???

No? Why not??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both ROMAN in founded deed and doctrine whether you directly accept pope or not.
The Orthodox were founded by Rome as a schism or split at the time of Constantine who founded the Orthodox's Constantinople.
The Biblical prophecy confirms Rome has two legs east & west -- both part of the roman beast.(Daniel 2)
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
more here..
www.who-is-the-antichrist.org
Love your sources! LOL...

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week ALL!
Redneck Reb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

The Covenant You spoke of in Gen. 17 was the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Christ...the OT. Christ brought the NT. He changed some of the OT, abolished some of it.
Christians know this!!!! However, I would say since you ask if God does lie, you are not in that category...
Maybe I'm confused.

If God makes an "everlasting covenant," doesn't that mean that God says He won't change it?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Redneck Reb wrote:
The Covenant You spoke of in Gen. 17 was the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed.
20/20 hindsight.

Too bad God didn't explain that to his chosen people.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Did you sold your soul to whom?
where is that place ..there and there..where??????????

even if you suffer don't worry

Is that sin your rosary in hand around your neck?
Is sin when you pray when wicket and snare attacking you?

o don't worry even if you suffering..
don't lift up your soul..neprodaji duse svoje..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

The rebuilt Jewish Temple - Fact or Fiction

Almost every one of our early Church fathers as well as the translators of the KJV Bible had no trouble understanding that the man of sin referred to in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 was none other than the Pope.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

It is from this verse that the conclusion comes that the Jewish temple must be rebuilt so that the Antichrist can sit in the temple of God. Well here comes some more shocking truth. This was part of Jesuit Francisco Ribera’s manufactured prophecy to make us think that the Antichrist power was some individual at the end of time. The fact that this was manufactured as part of the Papacy’s Counter Reformation and that all the early Church fathers knew this was referring to the Pope should be enough, but I will touch on it lightly. Again, large percentages of the Christian populous still believe this perpetuated lie.

The Greek word Paul used for temple in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is “nah-os”. Here are some other scriptures that use this same Greek word.

1 Corinthians 3:16 “Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

We are the temple of God now. That is the Church. Here are two more using the same Greek word;

1 Corinthians 6:19 “What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?”

Matthew 26:61 “And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.”

We know that it is not possible for Jesus to be talking about an earthly temple in the above verse. There are many other verses that could be quoted but this should be enough to see what Paul was speaking of here. Paul is a Christian Jew and knows that the temple is now the Church and if Paul were to call a rebuilt temple “the temple of God” then he would be denying what Jesus did on the cross. There is no way that someone like Paul would ever call a rebuilt temple the “temple of God” because it would never be God’s temple! Observe what Jesus says in the following verses about the temple of God.

In Matthew 21:13 Jesus expresses His anger to those for desecrating God’s temple,“And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves.”

But in Matthew 23:38 Jesus now declares,“Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.”

Why would Jesus assert it will soon be their house, i.e. no longer the temple of God?

Matthew 27:51 “And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;”

Jesus ended the temple sacrifices when he became the final perfect sacrifice for us. At this point it ceased to be the temple of God as Jesus showed in Matthew 23:28. Paul received the Gospel by revelation knowledge (Galatians 1:11-12) and would never call this soon to be destroyed temple God’s. Paul would know this better than anyone. We are the temple of God now! If Paul called it God’s temple he would be declaring to God that Jesus’ work on the cross was incomplete and further sacrifices were required.

The Pope will be seated [sitteth] in a position of power in the Church “showing himself that he is God.” Remember the Pope claims to be God on earth now. All the early Church fathers and Protestants knew this and were not deceived by Ribera’s manufactured writings because they knew who he was. Yet another truth that Satan has slowly drawn from the Church over the centuries. That is how he does it, slowly and subtly.

http://www.who-is-the-antichrist.org/
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

what Abraham waiting ..blessing from whom..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Why you think that you are me?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that there was not any abuse in the orthodox church.There is much more abouse in your catholic church than in the orthodox church.Does the orthodox church have a castle like the catholic church does. NO! Does it have all the tresures that the catholic church has? NO! If the catholic church wants to regain credibility it shand try return all its plunders and try being more humble.
Seri, hey, How are you and Hermi doing? We are all fine here, looking forward to spring. Nice to see you posting:) Blessings!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
objection or charge made is that Pope Gregory was denying his own papal authority as visible head of the Church in rejecting the term "universal bishop." This is a reply to that common charge from three sources: Radio Replies by Fathers Rumble/Carty (from the 1930s), This Rock magazine (Dec 1992), and an older book on Gregory the Great by F. Homes Dudden (originally 1905). These sources show this particular charge has been around a while, and it is indeed a Protestant myth with no validity.
The main question that should be asked in considering what I'll call the "universal bishop" controversy is: What did Gregory the Great precisely mean by the terms "universal" and "universal bishop" in his letters to the Patriarch of Constantinople? Evangelical apologists do not stop to ask that question, nor have they done much research into Pope Gregory's actual writings which are full of his claims to papal authority and universal jurisdiction. If he really was denying his own papal authority (as asserted above by Geisler/MacKenzie and Brown), why would such an eminent Protestant (Anglican) scholar as J.N.D. Kelly write that Gregory I
"was indefatigable...in upholding the Roman primacy, and successfully maintained Rome's appellate jurisdiction in the east....Gregory argued that St. Peter's commission [e.g. in Matthew 16:18f] made all churches, Constantinople included, subject to Rome" (The Oxford Dictionary of Popes, page 67).
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num7.htm
More spin from the same folks who can "prove" the Inquisitions and sale of indulgences were somehow godly.

And above all, no cover-up.

The Jack Chicks of the RCC.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire your imagination...but simply quoting scripture at random and say that it means what you want it to mean does not make it so!!!!
~~~

So you deny the continuity of the Bible and the ability to cross reference it...

BIBLE DEFINED..BY....using excerpts from Websters dictionary.

All of the Bible is unique ..LIKE NO OTHER BOOK EVER WRITTEN

ALL 66 BOOKS. ARE interdependent and can be... AND ARE.. co-related.

It has
The state of being one; ONENESS.

IT has Unity that consist of a simple substance or existing being, as the soul;

It consists in a close junction of particles or parts, constituting a BOOK.. detached from other BOOKS AS THE MORAL STANDARD OF THE UNIVERSE.

A Unity ... undivided of itself, but separated BY HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS holiness from all other ungodly entities.

___

. It has Concord; conjunction; as a unity of proofs.

. Agreement; uniformity; .... unity of doctrine; ...unity of worship

unity of faith, as in GOD THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST.

In christian theology, oneness of sentiment, affection or behavior.

How good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psa 133.

IT IS ONE...As... In mathematics,--- the abstract expression for any unit whatsoever. The number 1 is unity, when it is not applied to any particular object; but a unit, when it is so applied.

As In poetry,-- the principle by which a uniform tenor of story and propriety of representation is preserved.--

IT IS drama, OF WHICH there are three unities;

the unity of action,

that of time, and

that of place.

As In the epic poem, the great and almost only unity is that of action.

As In music, such a combination of parts as to constitute a whole, or a kind of symmetry of style and character.

As In law, the properties of a joint estate..

our INHERITANCE IS derived from its unity,

which is fourfold;

unity of interest,

unity of title,

unity of time, and

unity of possession;

in other words,

joint-tenants having one and the same interest,

accruing by one and the same conveyance,

commencing at the same time, and

held by one and the same undivided possession.

As IN Unity of faith,
It is an equal belief of the same truths of God, and

possession of the grace of faith

in like form and degree,

All the above from the first Chapter of Genesis to the closing words of Revelation ...

It is personal ..to every human being yet relevant to all of God's creation...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

368 340
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm confused.
If God makes an "everlasting covenant," doesn't that mean that God says He won't change it?
People who don't know the meaning of words are always confused....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Seri, hey, How are you and Hermi doing? We are all fine here, looking forward to spring. Nice to see you posting:) Blessings!
Blessings to you as well. I am slowly recovering but the important thing is that I am recovering. All Praises to Christ Our Lord. Thanx for your concern. Bless all of you that prayed for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In our Take Action section, you were challenged to use this website to bring the issue of abuse into the light. Often times, you may hear people say that 'Abuse is unknown in the Orthodox Church!' or 'We may have problems, but we never move abusers around the way that the Catholics do.' This section provides the materials that can be used to teach the Orthodox both that abuse occurs, and that we have no right to point any fingers at our Roman brethren. In addition, we provide references to other groups that are working to help restore accountability in the Church. Finally, we provide information about what the different jurisdictions are doing to alleviate abuse and minister to victims, and who to contact if you want to see more done.
http://www.pokrov.org/displays.asp...
Very seldom have I brought attention to the issue of sexual abuse and the Catholic Church. However I am not oblivious either to the scale of the sexual abuse and the cover up that continues in the Catholic Church. Deflect attention as you must onto the Orthodox or whomever.If this is your means of solution to a problem that your church has that is universally recognized as large scale- more so the cover up and the continuing thriving of those that covered up-then fine. We will follow this abuse into the next 20 years as well. As for the Orthodox, as someone who as spent his life preventing and protecting sex abuse victims I have no need to deny, minimize, or deflect. If one child is abused it is a travesty.I am not looking at other churches to defend my own.
Lets stop the roundy rounders and all admit the Catholic Church has yest to settle this and , not condemn but help the Church to reconcile this. Giod Bless your new Pope. May God Through this fine man bring a conclusion to this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether we use "dormition" or "assumption," the fundamental belief remains the same. The Catechism, quoting the Byzantine Liturgy, states, "The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is a singular participation in her Son's resurrection and an anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians:'In giving birth you kept your virginity; in your Dormition you did not leave the world, O Mother of God, but were joined to the source of Life. You conceived the living God and, by your prayers, will deliver our souls from death'" (No. 966).
I am awed by your gift of finding one sentence ad by it grasping our theology of the Theotokos.ou are amazing because t has taken me years o study to get where you got in couple minutes. I hereby issue you your Paltalk Orthodox Theology degree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Marge,we are both doing fine.recovery for nick is slow but he will get there.We thank God for his recovery and also for all of you that prayed for him.Thank you! Blessings to you and your family..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me were are the bones of Mary what is your answer to "scripture alone and faith alone" which the Catholic church has stood alone in battaling.The Othodox are fossalized and you are in denial if you say there is no coflict between your Churches.The Othodox Church has slipped into herisy many times and turned to Rome to reistate its bishops and to mediate disputes.Each Church has to claim it is the only true Church and/or its interpretation of the bible is the only true one.Usually at the expense of the Catholic Church. StIrenaeus says "with that Church(Rome) all churche must agree" it is the Catholic Church that has maintained authority.I believe the Caholic and Othordox are ment to be togther and the statements now being developed, made by both our Bishops, are the rightful authorities to make official desisions. That inclueds the statements I have made, I can mud sling with the best of them but that is pride and sinful. I love my Othodox Brothers and sisters and pray for unity , we are togethr the true church and our elders will work it out in love and respect.
I am pleased that you love our "fossilized church." By all means keep modernizing, innovating, and adding to the original faith.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Blessings to you as well. I am slowly recovering but the important thing is that I am recovering. All Praises to Christ Our Lord. Thanx for your concern. Bless all of you that prayed for me.
Very nice to see you and yes All Praises to Christ Our Lord!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... 13 hr Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Mon WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Aug 22 ELIAS IBARRA 64
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••