Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
413,801 - 413,820 of 539,402 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Redneck Reb

United States

#429321 Mar 23, 2013
If you love shell fish and are unsure about eating them..., You should read Matt. Chap.15 V17-20. If you are unsure about the Old Testament vs. new; read Hebrews Chapter 9.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429322 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
Of course you answer about Hitler, when my post only mentioned Mussolini and made no mention of Hitler.

I wonder why?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429323 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam ivated christian countries throughout history , north Aferica were Chistian contries who were forced to become Muslum.Did God aprove of Hitler snd our war with him.I the dark ages Islam marched all the way to Franch, should we not fought them of or sould we have just been force to become Muslim.
So what go is being the only one true church - if it loses much of the world to Islam, and in the biggest military upset of all time, the Papal-funded Spanish Armada was crushed by some upstart Protestants?

In fact, were it not for Protestants and deists, Hitler would now be honored as a Roman Catholic Saint.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429324 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>History shows us that the Orthodox Church with its Patriarchs,Bishops,Priests,eve ry single church is the entire church system has been the most successful in keeping the Doctrines, Dogma,and Liturgy virtually unchanged for two thousand years.Although Orthodox Churches in differant countries adopt the name of their country such as Greek Orthodox,Ukranian Orthodox, the liturgy and Dogma, with minor changes in local customs (typica),are the same.
Tell me were are the bones of Mary what is your answer to "scripture alone and faith alone" which the Catholic church has stood alone in battaling.The Othodox are fossalized and you are in denial if you say there is no coflict between your Churches.The Othodox Church has slipped into herisy many times and turned to Rome to reistate its bishops and to mediate disputes.Each Church has to claim it is the only true Church and/or its interpretation of the bible is the only true one.Usually at the expense of the Catholic Church. StIrenaeus says "with that Church(Rome) all churche must agree" it is the Catholic Church that has maintained authority.I believe the Caholic and Othordox are ment to be togther and the statements now being developed, made by both our Bishops, are the rightful authorities to make official desisions. That inclueds the statements I have made, I can mud sling with the best of them but that is pride and sinful. I love my Othodox Brothers and sisters and pray for unity , we are togethr the true church and our elders will work it out in love and respect.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429326 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So what go is being the only one true church - if it loses much of the world to Islam, and in the biggest military upset of all time, the Papal-funded Spanish Armada was crushed by some upstart Protestants?
In fact, were it not for Protestants and deists, Hitler would now be honored as a Roman Catholic Saint.
I agree as Catholics and Protastents we need to furter the cause of Christ togther. But I dont see the Catholic Church honoring Hitler in that way and I am sure if you were being honest you would agree.
Clay

United States

#429327 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
I have no lies and no attacks towards the Orthodox Church. If you truly been following this forum you'd know.
My response was to an Orthodox gal yesterday that trashed the CC. So my response was reminding her of certain errors. Orthodoxy is beautiful and legit. You guys have validly ordained Priest and Bishops because you also came from the Apostles. The Holy Mass and Eucharist is true in your Church because of your Priests and Bishops.
My concern is how certain Churches in Orthodoxy have been made into products of the state. Nothing can be more apparent in this then what happened with the Soviet Union and the Eastern Churches.
Now I realize Catholic Bishops and Priests have also been guilty of siding with the state from which they resided instead of the Church. But overall, the CC is still the CC. And those Bishops who put politics first and the Church second, acted outside of the Authority of the Bishop of Rome.
But the Orthodox don't see an error with being Orthodox/Russian; Orthodox/Ukrainian etc.

Also, history does show the Orthodox acknowledging the Authority of the Bishop of Rome until the Great Schism, when they decided they didn't need a Pope.(But ironically split into many different 'Popes' know as Patriarchs).

But you're right, the Orthodox Mass and traditions are very pure. Probably more in line with original Apostolic practices. Whereas, the Catholic Mass and traditions changed in certain areas, but NOT in substance, only in methods and appearance.

AND ...sexual abuse is in no way more rampant in the CC than in yours. Period!!.
So it was a cheap shot of you to imply otherwise; you didn't use good judgement.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429328 Mar 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a job,been working 40 yrs. and i looked it up an mri is $160.00 in japan,then i found this,which really pisses me off..........rizona CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
Arizona CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Arizona CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
ARKANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
----once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--
Arkansas CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Arkansas CT Scan with contrast price range $420 -$670
Arkansas CT Scan with & without contrast price range $420 -$950
CALIFORNIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--
California CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
California CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
California CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
COLORADO LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360
Colorado CT Scan no contrast price $360
Colorado CT Scan with contrast price $440
Colorado CT Scan with & without contrast price $490
CONNECTICUT LOWEST COST CT SCAN $545
Connecticut CT Scan no contrast price $545
Connecticut CT Scan with contrast price $570
Connecticut CT Scan with & without contrast price $670
DELAWARE LOWEST COST CT SCAN $420
Delaware CT Scan no contrast price $420
Delaware CT Scan with contrast price $470
Delaware CT Scan with & without contrast price $520
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360
District of Columbia CT Scan no contrast price $360
District of Columbia CT Scan with contrast price $410
District of Columbia CT Scan with & without contrast price $460
FLORIDA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $250
Florida CT Scan no contrast price range $250 -$310
Florida CT Scan with contrast price range $315 -$330
Florida CT Scan with & without contrast price range $350 -$400
GEORGIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Georgia CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$370
Georgia CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Georgia CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
ILLINOIS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Illinois CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$415
Illinois CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$445
Illinois CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$585
INDIANA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Indiana CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Indiana CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$670
Indiana CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$770
KANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $445
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule-- CAN'T BELIEVE THIS,I OWE 24,000 GRAND FOR CT/PET SCANS.
Permit me to help you.

Problem: You are finding info on the net that is causing you great mental turmoil.

Cure: Stop looking on the net for such info!!!!!

Location hidden

#429329 Mar 23, 2013
296 226
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>This is a snipet from a pbs program about healthcare costs from other countries.......the interview was conducted with a man named,naoki Ikegami,heads the biggest medical university in japan.For an average worker in Japan, what would the average health care premium be per month?
Well, the average payment is about $3,000 per month, so 7.5 percent of that would be $230.
That's covering the family, too?
That covers the family.
At least the employer, we know, pays half ... So the employee at a decent Japanese company, for his whole family, is paying about $140 a month in health care insurance?Right.
JETHRO:still looking for ct scan costs.
You do need help.

Problem: You are looking on the net for info that is causing you great mental turmoil.

Solution: Stop doing that!!!!

Location hidden

#429330 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who reads the Bible as literal has a different perspective.
What is metaphor and what isn't?
Somehow through proper interpretation, you hold the keys to the greatest questions in the universe, but others do not.
And no one cares, so you are left spouting with those who do not on a Topix board.
How cruel -- if you are correct.
I don't believe God is that petty and arbitrary.
Hang in there!!! Exercise your God-given tight to refuse to accept the truth...bring ice water...fans...
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429331 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree as Catholics and Protastents we need to furter the cause of Christ togther. But I dont see the Catholic Church honoring Hitler in that way and I am sure if you were being honest you would agree.
Read more carefully.

IF Hitler had won the war, history tells us what the RCC would have done.

History shows us clearly that it has had no problem setting morals aside in order to make nice with tyrants.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429332 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there!!! Exercise your God-given tight to refuse to accept the truth...bring ice water...fans...
You HOPE that I and others who don't agree with your narrow, mystical views will suffer for all eternity.

What a silly, small-minded view of the creator of the entire universe!

God did not create a large ant farm. You should get out and see the world. It's much bigger and more diverse than you can image from your basement.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429333 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I have no lies and no attacks towards the Orthodox Church. If you truly been following this forum you'd know.
My response was to an Orthodox gal yesterday that trashed the CC. So my response was reminding her of certain errors. Orthodoxy is beautiful and legit. You guys have validly ordained Priest and Bishops because you also came from the Apostles. The Holy Mass and Eucharist is true in your Church because of your Priests and Bishops.
My concern is how certain Churches in Orthodoxy have been made into products of the state. Nothing can be more apparent in this then what happened with the Soviet Union and the Eastern Churches.
Now I realize Catholic Bishops and Priests have also been guilty of siding with the state from which they resided instead of the Church. But overall, the CC is still the CC. And those Bishops who put politics first and the Church second, acted outside of the Authority of the Bishop of Rome.
But the Orthodox don't see an error with being Orthodox/Russian; Orthodox/Ukrainian etc.
Also, history does show the Orthodox acknowledging the Authority of the Bishop of Rome until the Great Schism, when they decided they didn't need a Pope.(But ironically split into many different 'Popes' know as Patriarchs).
But you're right, the Orthodox Mass and traditions are very pure. Probably more in line with original Apostolic practices. Whereas, the Catholic Mass and traditions changed in certain areas, but NOT in substance, only in methods and appearance.
AND ...sexual abuse is in no way more rampant in the CC than in yours. Period!!.
So it was a cheap shot of you to imply otherwise; you didn't use good judgement.
If the sexual abuse is"no more rampant in the CC church than in mine"then why dont you hear about the Orthodox Church in such turmoil as we hear about the CC?? Why is the CC church in the news everyday with abuses??....The Bishop of rome was recognized as FIRST AMOUNG EQUALS,and had the title of respect but not authority...all the Patriarch were equal....To call the Patriarchs Popes shows a striking ignorance of their role. I did not see that orthodox gal disrespecting the Catholic church..so please show me.Each has a vote equal to a Bishop.And by the way...I always show good judgement because I have nothing to hide....

Location hidden

#429334 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam ivated christian countries throughout history , north Aferica were Chistian contries who were forced to become Muslum.Did God aprove of Hitler snd our war with him.I the dark ages Islam marched all the way to Franch, should we not fought them of or sould we have just been force to become Muslim.
Muslums are not claiming to be THE TRUE CHURCH FOUNDED BY JESUS CHRIST AS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS CLAIMING.Huge Differance my friend!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429335 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I have no lies and no attacks towards the Orthodox Church. If you truly been following this forum you'd know.
Clay, instead of constantly posting in error, why not actually use your time to learn the actual history of your church.

Pope Gregory 1st....

"I say it without the least hesitation, whoever calls himself the universal bishop, or desires this title, is, by his pride, the precursor of Antichrist, because he thus attempts to raise himself above the others."
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429336 Mar 23, 2013

The Biblical Uncovering of the Pope and Papacy

http://youtu.be/_W3StCj6osE
With ex-priest Richard Bennet
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429337 Mar 23, 2013
One "infallible" Pope says that the concept of papal primacy is satanic.

Per Pope Gregory 1st (aka Gregory the Great)...

"The error into which he falls springs from pride equal to that of Antichrist; for as that Wicked One wished to be regarded as exalted above other men, like a god, so likewise whoever would be called sole bishop exalteth himself above others."

Location hidden

#429338 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me were are the bones of Mary what is your answer to "scripture alone and faith alone" which the Catholic church has stood alone in battaling.The Othodox are fossalized and you are in denial if you say there is no coflict between your Churches.The Othodox Church has slipped into herisy many times and turned to Rome to reistate its bishops and to mediate disputes.Each Church has to claim it is the only true Church and/or its interpretation of the bible is the only true one.Usually at the expense of the Catholic Church. StIrenaeus says "with that Church(Rome) all churche must agree" it is the Catholic Church that has maintained authority.I believe the Caholic and Othordox are ment to be togther and the statements now being developed, made by both our Bishops, are the rightful authorities to make official desisions. That inclueds the statements I have made, I can mud sling with the best of them but that is pride and sinful. I love my Othodox Brothers and sisters and pray for unity , we are togethr the true church and our elders will work it out in love and respect.
You tell me...where are the bones of Mary? lol....you have no clue what the Orthodox faith believes.And yes there are some orthodox churches that have gone under your Pope.There are many Orthodox that will refuse to join with the Catholic Church and will remain True Orthodox...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429339 Mar 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>my hate for the church is strictly child abuse cover-ups,denials and lies,and their false statement of being gods/jesus' true church.other than that i have no problem with the church that is going down the tubes thanks to their own handy work.I do not dis-like catholic people most are catholic in name only it means nothing to them,they were just born into a catholic family that's all.if what a post is wrong how come you post nothing that refutes it?? you just babble on the same old message a 1000 times over,never no true historical facts or anything.try posting something worth reading for once.
Look it up yourself!!! I'm not going to "waste my time" discussing Historical and Biblically DOCUMENTED TRUTHS, that I know (without a doubt) are TRUE and have "personally studied and investigated" for over 6 years of bible and pre-seminary theology.......... It is a (total waste of time) better spent at Daily Mass, the Eucharist and praying for heretical "editorialist" "fundies" like you who have a pre-determined anti-catholic agenda..... I've given you ALL the sources of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY that are necessary to "lift you out of the doldrums" of your "fictitious" Church History book "legends" that are just more of the "same old Protestant propaganda"!!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429340 Mar 23, 2013
Gen 17:19... And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Doesn't God's "everlasting covenant" mean the OT Laws are still binding?

Or does God lie?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429341 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.

That's the History Channel version, but the facts do not support this. It was the Catholic Centre Party who put the Nazi Party in power, at the direction of the Vatican's prelates.

The Nazis were founded by the Vatican's Teutonic Knights. These are occultists like the Templars.

Priests were found running concentration camps and mass-murdering the Serbs in Yugoslavia, force converting over 250,000.

The first act of war by the Catholic Nazis was against the Protestants of Prussia:
http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust

darrel wrote:

Another Knight of Christ (Templar), the king of Spain had this to say about Adolf:

"Adolf Hitler, son of the Catholic Church, died while defending Christianity. It is therefore understandable that words cannot be found to lament over his death, when so many were found to exalt his life. Over his mortal remains stands his victorious moral figure. With the palm of the martyr, God gives Hitler the laurels of Victory".-Spanish dictator (Francisco Franco, Knight of the Order of Christ) published on the 3rd of May 1945, the day of Hitler's death.("Reforme", 21st of July 1945.)
www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html

The Knights of Columbus and others today continue to run the US Gov waging war around the world for their bloody pope in Rome. The Jesuit professor Leon Panetta runs the Pentagon!

The Vatican is more violent that the Muslims. We need neither of these two most violent religions. Rome actually created Islam in the 7th century for this very global jihad/crusade. Rome does not spread Christianity.

The US dollar says "In God We Trust" put there by the KoC rightfully it reads in the pope we trust as they wage crusades around the world, and at home in total control of the Dept Homeland Security.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 3 hr supersonic boom 2
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 9 hr Devin Blades 2
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 12 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sat ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••