Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,442
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#429352 Mar 23, 2013
My father have only one holy day..its Cross..entire his life stay there..i watch as tiny child him..my father always going first in procession with symbol of Cross.As i grow up ..my father don't have freedoom as others..we know that..but never asked to much why my father go in foreginer country work for bread and milk for us..his return to home is been allways for us before Cross day as well Christmass day..
When i start grow up..one day around our tiny place procession going around 10 km in circle..when come near my birth home i see my Father lead that procession with Cross on arm..he stop..he stop just before oou ghome..here here here i replay to my two youngest brother..near your Father..rem ember this day..after him you are next took that Cross one day..
My Father past away just few days before we remembering that Cross..on my door this morning someone knock ones twice..its going trough my ear my conciseness..yes i hear that..candle stay front of me where i lay down front of Cross..first as always i do i see my kids oh nobody around everyone still sleep..me not..i return back lay down again..then suddenly i hear voice point over my heart..''what you doing here''..sweet Jesus ..my tears.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429353 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Gen 17:19... And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
Doesn't God's "everlasting covenant" mean the OT Laws are still binding?
Or does God lie?
Before Christ...the OT. Christ brought the NT. He changed some of the OT, abolished some of it.

Christians know this!!!! However, I would say since you ask if God does lie, you are not in that category...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#429354 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
Seraphima says........No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.

Michael says....

We will never have the world we desire if we all keep saying "I am right and you are not" Organized religions have created a world of anger, ignorance,and hatred towards anyone not indoctrinated into their particular belief, and this has been going on since the first two people of mankind disagreed about their theology.

Wouldn't the best world be that we could all hold hands and form chains around our world, with no one saying I am better than you.

There is no religion that would ever allow that to happen.

Very sad.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#429355 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First the Patriarch of the Eastern Orthodox attends a Papal installation Mass for the first time in 1,000 yrs...
THEN,
Free Mind says something decent about the Catholic Church (sorta)!!
The end is near!
It was awesome!! Huh? I loved every minute of that Mass!!
Pope Francis fisher of men for sure.

"Several interfaith leaders will also be there, most prominently, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, as well as delegates from 32 other Christian and 16 Jewish groups. Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh and Jainism delegates will also be in attendance. The Vatican is expecting at least 200,000 faithful to attend."

Clay this might interest you.

Audience for the Delegates

Pope Francis meets with Fraternal Delegates
[members of other Christian faiths]
Translation here
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#429356 Mar 23, 2013
What came first The Church or The Bible.

#429357 Mar 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who you talking to StarC? None of the born-agains who post here allow for gay marriages or gay lifestyles in their churches to be ok.
Protestants in general...who change Gods rule to fit their own agenda.
first the Anglicans leave and joined the Catholic Church b/c of gay Bishops.
Now the Methodist will probable leave b/c of gay marriage.
That’s who!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429358 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both ROMAN in founded deed and doctrine whether you directly accept pope or not.
The Orthodox were founded by Rome as a schism or split at the time of Constantine who founded the Orthodox's Constantinople.
The Biblical prophecy confirms Rome has two legs east & west -- both part of the roman beast.(Daniel 2)
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
more here..
www.who-is-the-antichrist.org
wrong....lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#429359 Mar 23, 2013
you looking earthly as materialistic possession..

Did you believe what Jesus say Heavenly..ones when you
see correction between as heavenly and materialistic you will find out not better friend then Jesus.

Is sin pray rosary?
Is sin put that around your neck?
Is that armor of your prayers to whom?
Is that protect your heart?
Is that when pray for your love-ones as well special?
Is that weapons when you battle against wicket and snare and so on?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429360 Mar 23, 2013

The Orthodox are coming to Rome more since the Vatican sent the atheist revolution into Russia.

Will the "Third Rome" Reunite With the "First Rome"?
Recent Meeting Could Mark Turning Point
WASHINGTON, D.C., SEPT. 21, 2009
Sometimes there are no fireworks. Turning points can pass in silence, almost unobserved. It may be that way with the "Great Schism," the most serious division in the history of the Church. The end of the schism may come more quickly and more unexpectedly than most imagine.

Rome-Moscow Relations Begin New Era
WASHINGTON, D.C., DEC. 14, 2009
Things are moving on the Eastern front. And more movement may be coming soon, as an old winter chill in Rome-Moscow relations seems to be thawing, with profound consequences for Europe and the entire world.
http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...

#429361 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
Bible prophecy foretells the Roman Church before it ever existed!
Four Kingdoms of Daniel
The following interpretation is a traditional view of Jewish and Christian Historicists, Futurists, Dispensationalists, Partial Preterists, and other futuristic Jewish and Christian hybrids, as well as certain Messianic Jews, who believe that the kingdoms in Daniel are:
1)Neo-Babylonian Empire
2)Medo-Persian Empire
3)Greek Empire of Alexander
4)Roman Empire, with other implications to come later.
This was the scheme described by Jerome in his Commentary on Daniel.[7] Within this framework there are numerous variations.
Use with Book of Revelation
Christian interpreters typically read the Book of Daniel with the New Testament's Book of Revelation. A beast in Revelation 13 was also interpreted as the empire of Rome.[8] The "city on seven hills" in Revelation is understood by the majority of modern scholarly commentators as a reference to Rome.[9][10][11][12][13][14][1 5][16][17][18][19][20][21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
also..
LOL, you are a piece of work.

The RCC came in existence when Jesus gave Peter the keys. Mt 16:18
Jesus words “Build MY Church” The Church was born Acts 1: 4-5, Acts 1:15 . Act 2:41 The Day of Pentecostal three thousand souls were added to “The Church.”

Regarding the seven hills, here is some information for you. Don’t listen to your man-made church, Its not a valid church. The only way they can keep members is by cutting down the ONE TRUE CHURCH!! It’s not Christian if they do that.

“Some have tried to claim that the Roman Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon by pointing out that Rome has been referred to as a city on seven hills.
The Seven Hills of Rome are;
the Palatine,
Aventine,
Capitoline,
Quirinal,
Viminal,
Esquiline,
and
the Caelian Hill.

However, Saint Peter’s Basilica was built on

Vatican Hill, Collis Vaticanus, which is on the

OTHER SIDE of the Tiber River

and IS NOT one of these Seven Hills.

St. Peter Basilica’s high altar was built

directly on top of Saint Peter’s grave which

was outside of the city and across the river.

Location hidden

#429362 Mar 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In our Take Action section, you were challenged to use this website to bring the issue of abuse into the light. Often times, you may hear people say that 'Abuse is unknown in the Orthodox Church!' or 'We may have problems, but we never move abusers around the way that the Catholics do.' This section provides the materials that can be used to teach the Orthodox both that abuse occurs, and that we have no right to point any fingers at our Roman brethren. In addition, we provide references to other groups that are working to help restore accountability in the Church. Finally, we provide information about what the different jurisdictions are doing to alleviate abuse and minister to victims, and who to contact if you want to see more done.
http://www.pokrov.org/displays.asp...
I never said that there was not any abuse in the orthodox church.There is much more abouse in your catholic church than in the orthodox church.Does the orthodox church have a castle like the catholic church does. NO! Does it have all the tresures that the catholic church has? NO! If the catholic church wants to regain credibility it shand try return all its plunders and try being more humble.

#429363 Mar 23, 2013
@socci

Can you spot your church at this meeting of Christian churches???

No? Why not??

Location hidden

#429364 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both ROMAN in founded deed and doctrine whether you directly accept pope or not.
The Orthodox were founded by Rome as a schism or split at the time of Constantine who founded the Orthodox's Constantinople.
The Biblical prophecy confirms Rome has two legs east & west -- both part of the roman beast.(Daniel 2)
more here..
www.who-is-the-antichrist.org
Love your sources! LOL...

#429365 Mar 23, 2013
Have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week ALL!
Redneck Reb

United States

#429367 Mar 23, 2013
The Covenant You spoke of in Gen. 17 was the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429368 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Christ...the OT. Christ brought the NT. He changed some of the OT, abolished some of it.
Christians know this!!!! However, I would say since you ask if God does lie, you are not in that category...
Maybe I'm confused.

If God makes an "everlasting covenant," doesn't that mean that God says He won't change it?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429369 Mar 23, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
The Covenant You spoke of in Gen. 17 was the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed.
20/20 hindsight.

Too bad God didn't explain that to his chosen people.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429370 Mar 23, 2013
Did you sold your soul to whom?
where is that place ..there and there..where??????????

even if you suffer don't worry

Is that sin your rosary in hand around your neck?
Is sin when you pray when wicket and snare attacking you?

o don't worry even if you suffering..
don't lift up your soul..neprodaji duse svoje..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429371 Mar 23, 2013
The rebuilt Jewish Temple - Fact or Fiction

Almost every one of our early Church fathers as well as the translators of the KJV Bible had no trouble understanding that the man of sin referred to in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 was none other than the Pope.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

It is from this verse that the conclusion comes that the Jewish temple must be rebuilt so that the Antichrist can sit in the temple of God. Well here comes some more shocking truth. This was part of Jesuit Francisco Ribera’s manufactured prophecy to make us think that the Antichrist power was some individual at the end of time. The fact that this was manufactured as part of the Papacy’s Counter Reformation and that all the early Church fathers knew this was referring to the Pope should be enough, but I will touch on it lightly. Again, large percentages of the Christian populous still believe this perpetuated lie.

The Greek word Paul used for temple in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is “nah-os”. Here are some other scriptures that use this same Greek word.

1 Corinthians 3:16 “Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

We are the temple of God now. That is the Church. Here are two more using the same Greek word;

1 Corinthians 6:19 “What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?”

Matthew 26:61 “And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.”

We know that it is not possible for Jesus to be talking about an earthly temple in the above verse. There are many other verses that could be quoted but this should be enough to see what Paul was speaking of here. Paul is a Christian Jew and knows that the temple is now the Church and if Paul were to call a rebuilt temple “the temple of God” then he would be denying what Jesus did on the cross. There is no way that someone like Paul would ever call a rebuilt temple the “temple of God” because it would never be God’s temple! Observe what Jesus says in the following verses about the temple of God.

In Matthew 21:13 Jesus expresses His anger to those for desecrating God’s temple,“And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves.”

But in Matthew 23:38 Jesus now declares,“Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.”

Why would Jesus assert it will soon be their house, i.e. no longer the temple of God?

Matthew 27:51 “And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;”

Jesus ended the temple sacrifices when he became the final perfect sacrifice for us. At this point it ceased to be the temple of God as Jesus showed in Matthew 23:28. Paul received the Gospel by revelation knowledge (Galatians 1:11-12) and would never call this soon to be destroyed temple God’s. Paul would know this better than anyone. We are the temple of God now! If Paul called it God’s temple he would be declaring to God that Jesus’ work on the cross was incomplete and further sacrifices were required.

The Pope will be seated [sitteth] in a position of power in the Church “showing himself that he is God.” Remember the Pope claims to be God on earth now. All the early Church fathers and Protestants knew this and were not deceived by Ribera’s manufactured writings because they knew who he was. Yet another truth that Satan has slowly drawn from the Church over the centuries. That is how he does it, slowly and subtly.

http://www.who-is-the-antichrist.org/
truth

Perth, Australia

#429372 Mar 23, 2013
what Abraham waiting ..blessing from whom..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Why you think that you are me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 5 hr red and right 49
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 5 hr Songs 174
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,043
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon dollarsbill 83,961
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web