Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,539
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429309 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are chatty today; trying to preach the Bible now?
Many Christians do live by the Bible 100% as we understand it (which is much better than you).
There's nothing that says Christians cant see a doctor. If you are claiming medicine has anything to do with evolution theories you are mistaken. Evolution theory and science are two different things. Fixing a broken arm or giving advice about cutting fat from the diet requires no evolution theory.
During the Hebrew Temple Priest Law they stoned people for many things since they were to purify themselves to bring forth the Messiah, without which we would all probably not even be here. This law ended with the temple. Wikipedia fairly reports about this fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
I dont eat shellfish or any other unclean scavengers any longer since getting baptized into the faith. Those laws still apply as God told his people was for food.
<quoted text>
Says you. The Bible defines its own words since it predates all dictionaries.
Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
The "faith of Jesus" is Christianity. There are plenty of evidences for the faith of Christianity and the Bible's world history.
The Bible pre-dates all dictionaries?

In the Information Age, why not do a tiny amount of research before making claims?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionary

Funny how the fundies use much of the Catholic Beast's translations for themselves.

QUESTION: When the RCC admits to making a mistake in a translation (as it did within the past year), does that change what fundies believe?

Nope, reality is not their ally.
Redneck Reb

United States

#429310 Mar 23, 2013
Nothing wrong with seeing a Doctor, LUKE was a Doctor.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429311 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is quoted in Mt 24 and says nothing about Satan.
Then Luk 21 verse posted tells more of what happened when Rome surrounded the city.
In Mt 24 Jesus was asked two questions and gave two answers. One was about the soon destruction of the temple, the other about his second coming.
For more correct Bible commentary see Matthew Henry on this. Then compare to Dn 9:24-27 where the claim originates a 'gap' between weeks 69 & 70. There simply is no such gap. This was an invented false theology, by Rome.
Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.

http://www.theseason.org/mark/mark13.htm

The abomination of desolation occurs just before Christ returns. The desolator is Satan,NOT THE RCC. Read carefully the above link starting around verse 15. It is Satan that causes the abomination of desolation. The abomination is Satan standing in the temple claiming that he is God and it that move that will prompt Christ to return. These prophecies have not been fulfilled as of yet. Rome invading Israel was n0t the the abomination of desolation.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429312 Mar 23, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.
The abomination of desolation occurs just before Christ returns. The desolator is Satan,NOT THE RCC. Read carefully the above link starting around verse 15. It is Satan that causes the abomination of desolation. The abomination is Satan standing in the temple claiming that he is God and it that move that will prompt Christ to return. These prophecies have not been fulfilled as of yet. Rome invading Israel was n0t the the abomination of desolation.
Actually start reading at verse 14 where it starts about the abomination of desolation and read carefully. Let him that readeth understanding.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429313 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Sera, you're on a rampage! You just aligned yourself with ox to unite against Catholics!! Interesting.
Oh, then you brought up molesting Priests!
As if there is *more* in the CC than your Church.
But don't worry, i know everybody on here knows the truth about pedophiles in society. You guys simply use the subject as a desperate cheap shot.
No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429314 Mar 23, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.
actually Dual Prophecy and you can find it through out the scriptures.

Same with the return of the spirit and power of Elisha before Christ return.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429315 Mar 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted" your heart mind and soul against Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church,(has no relevance (to) and is "not dependent upon",---less than 2% of pedophile priests who have "committed sexual sins", have "gone against their vows and against the TRUE "teachings and doctrine" of the Catholic Church....... The Catholic Church, "always has and always will" teach that it is wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, abuse children, sin, etc., but that does not guarantee that the 1.2+ billion Catholics around the world, "will not commit sin"!........ Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL ares......... I/WE as Catholics adhere to and are members of Jesus' One True Church because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and NOT because of the inappropriate CONDUCT of a few of its members.......... If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT (of its members) then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were "sinners"!.... Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the (worst) of sinners....... This only shows how duplicitous,confused and (messed up) "bible only" Protestants are, in their ingrained, condemning, distorted anti-catholic heretical and hypocritical ---"thinking"!
What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429316 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
Only the RCC could have such a worldwide sex-abuse problem, because it took a centralized hierarchy to guide such a cover-up on a worldwide scale.

What Catholics in the USA ignore is the uniformity of the cover-up on all inhabited continents for decades.

There is no way that abuse cases from Iceland to Ireland, and from India to Australia to the USA -- would all be handled by the local Bishops in the exact same way -- without centralized guidance.

The Vatican was in total denial mode, until a police raid on a Bishop's Conference in Belgium caused the Vatican to find Jesus - and some measure of honesty.

But even years after that, Ireland had to withdraw its ambassador to the Vatican, before the VBatican opened up about the crimes there.

I agree with your view that this crisis deserves more introspection and less denial. I believe the Cardinals finally agreed with you. Note that the new Pope could not be more different from "bulldog" Pope named Benedict.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429317 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
Islam ivated christian countries throughout history , north Aferica were Chistian contries who were forced to become Muslum.Did God aprove of Hitler snd our war with him.I the dark ages Islam marched all the way to Franch, should we not fought them of or sould we have just been force to become Muslim.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429318 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, the Orthodox are closer to the original teachings than the RCC. If you ever took the time to do INDEPENDENT study, you might even agree.
As for being controlled by the state, you only need to go back a few decades and see how Mussolini could not have controlled Italy without support from the RCC.
That's why the Vatican is an independent state today with its own bank. And God has turned that on the RCC IMHO.
For centuries prior, the RCC leaned with whoever held power in Europe.
Those are irrefutable facts. If you don't like reality and facts, why not become a pentecostal fundie?
When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429319 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What a joke and a good laugh...thanks lol I find it very hard to believe that our beloved Lord would approve of the Cursades!
True, and consider that thanks to the first "Holy Wars," Islam has been a fixture in that region ever since.

Did Jesus' only "true" and guided church really behave so badly and lose? Or is the claim itself pure BS?

Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived together in peace, until the armies of Rome started the wholesale slaughter under the banner of the Cross.

Does Jesus really guide such slaughter, entire cities, even when they surrendered?

Worldwide cover-up of child sex-abuse? The wholesale slaughter of innocents? Being against nearly every article of the Bill of Rights?

Jesus wasn't behind that and it wasn't the act of a few bad apples. That was all institutional in scope.

Let the denial and spin begin. It can all be "explained."
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429320 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
True, it took awhile, but the Vatican finally figured out that Hitler wasn't a good boy.

But that didn't stop them from signing treaties that helped put the Italian populous on the side of Mussolini.

The RCC behaves in a manner dictated by politics. And it still maintains the ill-gotten gains it derived from cooperating with Hitler and Mussolini.

Odd that a "one true" church would be so wishy-washy in the face of such evil. Europeans see that better than we do from the Americas. So how is the RCC doing in Europe these days?
Redneck Reb

United States

#429321 Mar 23, 2013
If you love shell fish and are unsure about eating them..., You should read Matt. Chap.15 V17-20. If you are unsure about the Old Testament vs. new; read Hebrews Chapter 9.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429322 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>When Hitler was in power the Catholic Church opposed him ,you can read Catholic documernts during that era , it save more Jews then any other country , the pope was thanked by Isreal fo his help. I the pope to day said Islam and Mohomad was false and he was a false profit thouhands of Christians would be killed and that was the same delema the church had back then many Jews and priests would be killed .These are also facts.
Of course you answer about Hitler, when my post only mentioned Mussolini and made no mention of Hitler.

I wonder why?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429323 Mar 23, 2013
darrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam ivated christian countries throughout history , north Aferica were Chistian contries who were forced to become Muslum.Did God aprove of Hitler snd our war with him.I the dark ages Islam marched all the way to Franch, should we not fought them of or sould we have just been force to become Muslim.
So what go is being the only one true church - if it loses much of the world to Islam, and in the biggest military upset of all time, the Papal-funded Spanish Armada was crushed by some upstart Protestants?

In fact, were it not for Protestants and deists, Hitler would now be honored as a Roman Catholic Saint.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429324 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>History shows us that the Orthodox Church with its Patriarchs,Bishops,Priests,eve ry single church is the entire church system has been the most successful in keeping the Doctrines, Dogma,and Liturgy virtually unchanged for two thousand years.Although Orthodox Churches in differant countries adopt the name of their country such as Greek Orthodox,Ukranian Orthodox, the liturgy and Dogma, with minor changes in local customs (typica),are the same.
Tell me were are the bones of Mary what is your answer to "scripture alone and faith alone" which the Catholic church has stood alone in battaling.The Othodox are fossalized and you are in denial if you say there is no coflict between your Churches.The Othodox Church has slipped into herisy many times and turned to Rome to reistate its bishops and to mediate disputes.Each Church has to claim it is the only true Church and/or its interpretation of the bible is the only true one.Usually at the expense of the Catholic Church. StIrenaeus says "with that Church(Rome) all churche must agree" it is the Catholic Church that has maintained authority.I believe the Caholic and Othordox are ment to be togther and the statements now being developed, made by both our Bishops, are the rightful authorities to make official desisions. That inclueds the statements I have made, I can mud sling with the best of them but that is pride and sinful. I love my Othodox Brothers and sisters and pray for unity , we are togethr the true church and our elders will work it out in love and respect.
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#429326 Mar 23, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So what go is being the only one true church - if it loses much of the world to Islam, and in the biggest military upset of all time, the Papal-funded Spanish Armada was crushed by some upstart Protestants?
In fact, were it not for Protestants and deists, Hitler would now be honored as a Roman Catholic Saint.
I agree as Catholics and Protastents we need to furter the cause of Christ togther. But I dont see the Catholic Church honoring Hitler in that way and I am sure if you were being honest you would agree.
Clay

United States

#429327 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No Clay again you are wrong.....I see you lies and your attacks against these Orthodox and I aligned myself with them.Big differance.There is much more corruption in your church than the Orthodox Church .You would think instead of trying to prove that the Catholic church is the true church, you catholics would be more humble and ashamed.What everyone on this forum( I assume your are talking about catholics)means nothing to me.....For the many months that Hermi and I have been away from this forum,we have been watching. And honestly,(us guys)are not using the corruption of your church as a cheap shot.IT IS FACT!
I have no lies and no attacks towards the Orthodox Church. If you truly been following this forum you'd know.
My response was to an Orthodox gal yesterday that trashed the CC. So my response was reminding her of certain errors. Orthodoxy is beautiful and legit. You guys have validly ordained Priest and Bishops because you also came from the Apostles. The Holy Mass and Eucharist is true in your Church because of your Priests and Bishops.
My concern is how certain Churches in Orthodoxy have been made into products of the state. Nothing can be more apparent in this then what happened with the Soviet Union and the Eastern Churches.
Now I realize Catholic Bishops and Priests have also been guilty of siding with the state from which they resided instead of the Church. But overall, the CC is still the CC. And those Bishops who put politics first and the Church second, acted outside of the Authority of the Bishop of Rome.
But the Orthodox don't see an error with being Orthodox/Russian; Orthodox/Ukrainian etc.

Also, history does show the Orthodox acknowledging the Authority of the Bishop of Rome until the Great Schism, when they decided they didn't need a Pope.(But ironically split into many different 'Popes' know as Patriarchs).

But you're right, the Orthodox Mass and traditions are very pure. Probably more in line with original Apostolic practices. Whereas, the Catholic Mass and traditions changed in certain areas, but NOT in substance, only in methods and appearance.

AND ...sexual abuse is in no way more rampant in the CC than in yours. Period!!.
So it was a cheap shot of you to imply otherwise; you didn't use good judgement.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429328 Mar 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a job,been working 40 yrs. and i looked it up an mri is $160.00 in japan,then i found this,which really pisses me off..........rizona CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
Arizona CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Arizona CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
ARKANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
----once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--
Arkansas CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Arkansas CT Scan with contrast price range $420 -$670
Arkansas CT Scan with & without contrast price range $420 -$950
CALIFORNIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--
California CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
California CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
California CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
COLORADO LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360
Colorado CT Scan no contrast price $360
Colorado CT Scan with contrast price $440
Colorado CT Scan with & without contrast price $490
CONNECTICUT LOWEST COST CT SCAN $545
Connecticut CT Scan no contrast price $545
Connecticut CT Scan with contrast price $570
Connecticut CT Scan with & without contrast price $670
DELAWARE LOWEST COST CT SCAN $420
Delaware CT Scan no contrast price $420
Delaware CT Scan with contrast price $470
Delaware CT Scan with & without contrast price $520
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360
District of Columbia CT Scan no contrast price $360
District of Columbia CT Scan with contrast price $410
District of Columbia CT Scan with & without contrast price $460
FLORIDA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $250
Florida CT Scan no contrast price range $250 -$310
Florida CT Scan with contrast price range $315 -$330
Florida CT Scan with & without contrast price range $350 -$400
GEORGIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Georgia CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$370
Georgia CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Georgia CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470
ILLINOIS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Illinois CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$415
Illinois CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$445
Illinois CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$585
INDIANA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
Indiana CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Indiana CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$670
Indiana CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$770
KANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $445
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule-- CAN'T BELIEVE THIS,I OWE 24,000 GRAND FOR CT/PET SCANS.
Permit me to help you.

Problem: You are finding info on the net that is causing you great mental turmoil.

Cure: Stop looking on the net for such info!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429329 Mar 23, 2013
296 226
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>This is a snipet from a pbs program about healthcare costs from other countries.......the interview was conducted with a man named,naoki Ikegami,heads the biggest medical university in japan.For an average worker in Japan, what would the average health care premium be per month?
Well, the average payment is about $3,000 per month, so 7.5 percent of that would be $230.
That's covering the family, too?
That covers the family.
At least the employer, we know, pays half ... So the employee at a decent Japanese company, for his whole family, is paying about $140 a month in health care insurance?Right.
JETHRO:still looking for ct scan costs.
You do need help.

Problem: You are looking on the net for info that is causing you great mental turmoil.

Solution: Stop doing that!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 8 hr marge 1,985
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Cultastic 8,909
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web