Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591231 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 12

UK

#429291 Mar 23, 2013
Very Christian calling people bigots cause you see posts you don't agree with ha. Go away and read the holy book and I'll pray that your closed mind can be opened so you can see further than the end off your own nose.
Easy to anger = foolish = u

God bless

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429292 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not second class, just different. Women are not men. This is just a fact observed the world over, not just by Christians.
and very nicely different i might add.

usa

#429293 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamination has come up with a new approach to fulfill the need of money by the general population. Its called "Get a Job"...
Yes I can...If it was Japan...and not japan...it would cost $2000...same as this country..
I have a job,been working 40 yrs. and i looked it up an mri is $160.00 in japan,then i found this,which really pisses me off..........rizona CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
Arizona CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Arizona CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470

ARKANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
----once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--

Arkansas CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Arkansas CT Scan with contrast price range $420 -$670
Arkansas CT Scan with & without contrast price range $420 -$950

CALIFORNIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule--

California CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$360
California CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
California CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470

COLORADO LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360

Colorado CT Scan no contrast price $360
Colorado CT Scan with contrast price $440
Colorado CT Scan with & without contrast price $490

CONNECTICUT LOWEST COST CT SCAN $545

Connecticut CT Scan no contrast price $545
Connecticut CT Scan with contrast price $570
Connecticut CT Scan with & without contrast price $670

DELAWARE LOWEST COST CT SCAN $420

Delaware CT Scan no contrast price $420
Delaware CT Scan with contrast price $470
Delaware CT Scan with & without contrast price $520

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $360

District of Columbia CT Scan no contrast price $360
District of Columbia CT Scan with contrast price $410
District of Columbia CT Scan with & without contrast price $460

FLORIDA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $250

Florida CT Scan no contrast price range $250 -$310
Florida CT Scan with contrast price range $315 -$330
Florida CT Scan with & without contrast price range $350 -$400

GEORGIA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270

Georgia CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$370
Georgia CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$410
Georgia CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$470

ILLINOIS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270

Illinois CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$415
Illinois CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$445
Illinois CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$585

INDIANA LOWEST COST CT SCAN $270

Indiana CT Scan no contrast price range $270 -$570
Indiana CT Scan with contrast price range $370 -$670
Indiana CT Scan with & without contrast price range $370 -$770

KANSAS LOWEST COST CT SCAN $445
--once you have a doctor's referral . call toll free 888-380-6337 to schedule-- CAN'T BELIEVE THIS,I OWE 24,000 GRAND FOR CT/PET SCANS.

usa

#429294 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Proven True Church History according to the catholic church...lol
It's true history to the church only and the people gullible enough to believe it,but you can't blame them,since childhood it is drilled into them,how great the catholic church is,but children are never told about the dark side of the church,until it's to late, and some have become victims to it,it's sad. and what's sadder is nothing really is being done by governments about it,they want to be considered a country,then treat them that way,do what they do to other countries that step out of line,"sanctions" force the church to open all records to the number of priests,popes,bishops etc. that are involved,set up a bipartisan committee (13 people) made up of Catholics,protestants,baptists and a person from the orthodox church as well to revue their records at their expense and lets get to the whole truth before they shred all of their documents,and then punish the church accordingly.start with doing complete back ground checks of all church people from priest to pope.then go from there.

usa

#429295 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>correction...1054 was the schism....I am also Orthodox. Greek.God Bless!!
enjoy your church while you can,thanks to the catholic church and it's crimes against humanity,as i stated declines are happening everywhere,churches are closing more and more each day. people who have bought a closed church have done some interesting things with them,turned them into a house,divided them up into small inefficiency apartments,museums,libraries,a nd businesses,one couple got lucky they took out the stained glass windows in the church they bought and were appraised at a range between 5 to %10,000 a piece depending on size,they sold them to refurbish the church.the church was built back in the 1800's it was shown on a local TV program here which was done because a number of churches were bought by couples and single people and turned into homes and other ventures,my nephew is a computer techy and one of his clients bought a church and turned it into a fantastic looking home,done in Victorian age furnishings,saw photos of it and loved it, Victorian style furniture is my favorite style.

usa

#429296 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamination has come up with a new approach to fulfill the need of money by the general population. Its called "Get a Job"...
Yes I can...If it was Japan...and not japan...it would cost $2000...same as this country..
This is a snipet from a pbs program about healthcare costs from other countries.......the interview was conducted with a man named,naoki Ikegami,heads the biggest medical university in japan.For an average worker in Japan,Ö what would the average health care premium be per month?

Well, the average payment is about $3,000 per month, so 7.5 percent of that would be $230.

That's covering the family, too?

That covers the family.

At least the employer, we know, pays half ... So the employee at a decent Japanese company, for his whole family, is paying about $140 a month in health care insurance?Right.
JETHRO:still looking for ct scan costs.

usa

#429297 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
http://comparecatscancost.com/ Testing Facility Location Test Type Average Cost
Houston, TX Cat Scan $3,016
Chicago, IL Cat Scan $2,237
Atlanta, GA - Testing Facility A Cat Scan $698
Atlanta, GA - Testing Facility B Cat Scan $2,214
Phoenix, AZ Cat Scan $2,199
Omaha, NE Cat Scan $1,611
Portland, OR - Testing Facility A Cat Scan $1,520
Portland, OR - Testing Facility B Cat Scan $678
Cleveland, OH Cat Scan $1,075

usa

#429298 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal bankruptcy due to medical expenses is unheard of in Japan, says Professor Saito Hidero, president of the Nagoya Central Hospital.If somebody comes in with a cut less than 6 square inches, Kono gets 450 yen, or about $4.30, to sew it up. While the United States probably spends too much on health care, Japan may be spending too little. In a country with $10-a-night hospital stays, prices just aren't high enough to balance the books.Hospital prices too low? That's a problem a lot of countries would like.

usa

#429299 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure costs are a bit higher since this is a 1987 story,came across this:JAPANESE SYSTEM 97
imaging (MRI) examination is only 23,000 yen ($177), just 4,000 yen
($28) more than for a regular CT body scan....TAKE NOTE ct scan $28.00.found it on this site:(GDP) on healthcare in 1987, 3 percent higher than the official Japanese ... costs. Since Japanís GDP has grown rapidly, the relative cost of health
content.healthaffairs.org/content/10/3/87.ful...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429300 Mar 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It's true history to the church only and the people gullible enough to believe it,but you can't blame them,since childhood it is drilled into them,how great the catholic church is,but children are never told about the dark side of the church,until it's to late, and some have become victims to it,it's sad. and what's sadder is nothing really is being done by governments about it,they want to be considered a country,then treat them that way,do what they do to other countries that step out of line,"sanctions" force the church to open all records to the number of priests,popes,bishops etc. that are involved,set up a bipartisan committee (13 people) made up of Catholics,protestants,baptists and a person from the orthodox church as well to revue their records at their expense and lets get to the whole truth before they shred all of their documents,and then punish the church accordingly.start with doing complete back ground checks of all church people from priest to pope.then go from there.
Your hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted" your heart mind and soul against Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church,(has no relevance (to) and is "not dependent upon",---less than 2% of pedophile priests who have "committed sexual sins", have "gone against their vows and against the TRUE "teachings and doctrine" of the Catholic Church....... The Catholic Church, "always has and always will" teach that it is wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, abuse children, sin, etc., but that does not guarantee that the 1.2+ billion Catholics around the world, "will not commit sin"!........ Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL ares......... I/WE as Catholics adhere to and are members of Jesus' One True Church because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and NOT because of the inappropriate CONDUCT of a few of its members.......... If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT (of its members) then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were "sinners"!.... Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the (worst) of sinners....... This only shows how duplicitous,confused and (messed up) "bible only" Protestants are, in their ingrained, condemning, distorted anti-catholic heretical and hypocritical ---"thinking"!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#429301 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sice you disrespected my church I feel free to say this.The Orthodox Church mirrors the first church,not catholicism.Perhaps you should hold your own church up for reflection.
I complimented the Orthodox Church. I have the utmost respect for you all.
To be honest Sera, I've run into some very passionate Orthodox who really hate Catholics. It puzzles me. I was brought up and taught you were the other lung, but broke from the CC. Apparently you guys are taught different.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#429302 Mar 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>nooooo say it isnt so! This cant be the True Church? LOL
Wow Sera, you're on a rampage! You just aligned yourself with ox to unite against Catholics!! Interesting.
Oh, then you brought up molesting Priests!
As if there is *more* in the CC than your Church.
But don't worry, i know everybody on here knows the truth about pedophiles in society. You guys simply use the subject as a desperate cheap shot.

usa

#429304 Mar 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted" your heart mind and soul against Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church,(has no relevance (to) and is "not dependent upon",---less than 2% of pedophile priests who have "committed sexual sins", have "gone against their vows and against the TRUE "teachings and doctrine" of the Catholic Church....... The Catholic Church, "always has and always will" teach that it is wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, abuse children, sin, etc., but that does not guarantee that the 1.2+ billion Catholics around the world, "will not commit sin"!........ Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL ares......... I/WE as Catholics adhere to and are members of Jesus' One True Church because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, and NOT because of the inappropriate CONDUCT of a few of its members.......... If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT (of its members) then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were "sinners"!.... Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the (worst) of sinners....... This only shows how duplicitous,confused and (messed up) "bible only" Protestants are, in their ingrained, condemning, distorted anti-catholic heretical and hypocritical ---"thinking"!
my hate for the church is strictly child abuse cover-ups,denials and lies,and their false statement of being gods/jesus' true church.other than that i have no problem with the church that is going down the tubes thanks to their own handy work.I do not dis-like catholic people most are catholic in name only it means nothing to them,they were just born into a catholic family that's all.if what a post is wrong how come you post nothing that refutes it?? you just babble on the same old message a 1000 times over,never no true historical facts or anything.try posting something worth reading for once.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429305 Mar 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
with all do Respect. The Orthodox broke from the Catholic Church. Some Orthodox Churches have all but disappeared. There is no unified authority..you guys are dictated by whichever country you reside in. Some Churches - like the Russian Orthodox were pawns of their countries they lived in.. completely infiltrated and controlled by the state!
Clay, the Orthodox are closer to the original teachings than the RCC. If you ever took the time to do INDEPENDENT study, you might even agree.

As for being controlled by the state, you only need to go back a few decades and see how Mussolini could not have controlled Italy without support from the RCC.

That's why the Vatican is an independent state today with its own bank. And God has turned that on the RCC IMHO.

For centuries prior, the RCC leaned with whoever held power in Europe.

Those are irrefutable facts. If you don't like reality and facts, why not become a pentecostal fundie?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429306 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are chatty today; trying to preach the Bible now?
Many Christians do live by the Bible 100% as we understand it (which is much better than you).
There's nothing that says Christians cant see a doctor. If you are claiming medicine has anything to do with evolution theories you are mistaken. Evolution theory and science are two different things. Fixing a broken arm or giving advice about cutting fat from the diet requires no evolution theory.
During the Hebrew Temple Priest Law they stoned people for many things since they were to purify themselves to bring forth the Messiah, without which we would all probably not even be here. This law ended with the temple. Wikipedia fairly reports about this fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
I dont eat shellfish or any other unclean scavengers any longer since getting baptized into the faith. Those laws still apply as God told his people was for food.
<quoted text>
Says you. The Bible defines its own words since it predates all dictionaries.
Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
The "faith of Jesus" is Christianity. There are plenty of evidences for the faith of Christianity and the Bible's world history.
Your faith requires that you remain as ignorant as possible about evolutionary theory and modern medicine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

Soon, evolutionary biology will likely be required for admission to med schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_med...

Your inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which your mind builds around cherished belief.

Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning.

Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable.

REALITY 101 -- a few years ago during a court case that again sought to stop the teaching of evolution in schools in Kansas, some of your so-called creation scientists were given the opportunity to testify under oath.

Every single one refused.

You are told what you want to hear because that's how these so-called "scientists" make money. But not a single one would stand with you in a court of law under oath.

They KNOW they lie, but that's what you pay them to do.

Or, maybe the stars really are for signs and slavery is OK.

No matter, when it comes to inventing excuses, twisting and redefining words after the fact, you beat the Catholic Church hands down.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429307 Mar 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Question ...How does what you have posted relate to my former post..
I see no relevance.
You quoted Ezekiel. I quoted Ezekiel. Now you have context.

You need to believe in men with four faces and feet like cows, or you are just cherry-picking the Bible like people do with food at a lunch buffet.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429308 Mar 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the God-given right to refuse to accept the truth...
Everyone who reads the Bible as literal has a different perspective.

What is metaphor and what isn't?

Somehow through proper interpretation, you hold the keys to the greatest questions in the universe, but others do not.

And no one cares, so you are left spouting with those who do not on a Topix board.

How cruel -- if you are correct.

I don't believe God is that petty and arbitrary.

Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429309 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are chatty today; trying to preach the Bible now?
Many Christians do live by the Bible 100% as we understand it (which is much better than you).
There's nothing that says Christians cant see a doctor. If you are claiming medicine has anything to do with evolution theories you are mistaken. Evolution theory and science are two different things. Fixing a broken arm or giving advice about cutting fat from the diet requires no evolution theory.
During the Hebrew Temple Priest Law they stoned people for many things since they were to purify themselves to bring forth the Messiah, without which we would all probably not even be here. This law ended with the temple. Wikipedia fairly reports about this fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
I dont eat shellfish or any other unclean scavengers any longer since getting baptized into the faith. Those laws still apply as God told his people was for food.
<quoted text>
Says you. The Bible defines its own words since it predates all dictionaries.
Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
The "faith of Jesus" is Christianity. There are plenty of evidences for the faith of Christianity and the Bible's world history.
The Bible pre-dates all dictionaries?

In the Information Age, why not do a tiny amount of research before making claims?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionary

Funny how the fundies use much of the Catholic Beast's translations for themselves.

QUESTION: When the RCC admits to making a mistake in a translation (as it did within the past year), does that change what fundies believe?

Nope, reality is not their ally.
Redneck Reb

United States

#429310 Mar 23, 2013
Nothing wrong with seeing a Doctor, LUKE was a Doctor.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#429311 Mar 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is quoted in Mt 24 and says nothing about Satan.
Then Luk 21 verse posted tells more of what happened when Rome surrounded the city.
In Mt 24 Jesus was asked two questions and gave two answers. One was about the soon destruction of the temple, the other about his second coming.
For more correct Bible commentary see Matthew Henry on this. Then compare to Dn 9:24-27 where the claim originates a 'gap' between weeks 69 & 70. There simply is no such gap. This was an invented false theology, by Rome.
Perhaps the book of Mark chapter 13 will help clear up your confusion.

http://www.theseason.org/mark/mark13.htm

The abomination of desolation occurs just before Christ returns. The desolator is Satan,NOT THE RCC. Read carefully the above link starting around verse 15. It is Satan that causes the abomination of desolation. The abomination is Satan standing in the temple claiming that he is God and it that move that will prompt Christ to return. These prophecies have not been fulfilled as of yet. Rome invading Israel was n0t the the abomination of desolation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 1 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 2 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr IM Just Saying 9,418
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 4 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web