Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,116
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Marie

Chambersburg, PA

#429259 Mar 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU CERTIFY WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE ON THIS FORUM...
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE FIRST PROTESTANTS THAT PROTESTED THE ORTHODOX CHURCH..
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH..CANONIZED THE BIBLE AND THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HAVE STOLEN THE GLORY OF IT AND CLAIMED THEY WROTE IT...
What I also love about the Orthodox Church is that it has not changed, it is the same as it was when it was founded. Where as the Roman Catholic Church has changed to fit with the times. Who knows what the Roman Catholic Church will look like in years to come.....the Orthodox will still be the same.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429260 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE FIRST PROTESTANTS THAT PROTESTED THE ORTHODOX CHURCH..
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH..CANONIZED THE BIBLE AND THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HAVE STOLEN THE GLORY OF IT AND CLAIMED THEY WROTE IT...
~~~

WHAT SEPARATES ME MOSTLY FROM THE ORTHODOX CHURCH IS THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FABLES CONCERNING THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

They teach the immaculate conception and holy assumption, which the Bible does not reference

WHILE there a other things that I could question, the above teachings are the most crucial to my belief.

#429261 Mar 22, 2013
RockBoy wrote:
That comment about the catholic church the only real/ true church or teaching is a LIE FROM SATAN.. He needs to focus and pray more that the priests stop abusing the kids their meant to educate.!!!!
Anyone who gives his life to the son of GOD OUR LORD will be forgiven and enter the kingdom of heaven if u live a Christ lead life
~~~

you wrote
Anyone who gives his life to the son of GOD OUR LORD will be forgivin and enter the kingdom of heaven if u live a christ lead life...

I agree with you ...

Jesus said

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus did not mention any denominations in the four gospels...

While I am not against denominations...

I AM AGAINST ANY ONE THAT CLAIMS A MONOPOLE AND FRANCHISE, ON GOD'S BOUNDLESS LOVE AND GRACE.

#429262 Mar 22, 2013
BE BACK IN A WHILE...
GIF..
Marie

Chambersburg, PA

#429263 Mar 22, 2013
James wrote:
I am a member of the antiochian Orthodox church and it is an awsome faith I belong to!! It is said orthodoxy is Americas best kept secret and it is so true. God Bless all and Happy Lent to u!
I also am an Antiochian Orthodox Christian. I converted, I was a Methodist. I love being an Orthodox, I was always an Orthodox, just didn't know it until I started reading and researching about it. And yes you are right...it's awesome.

Location hidden

#429264 Mar 22, 2013
who="Oxbow"
This has nothing to do with the subject matter: Scientists also estimate you came from the apes and there is no God or Creator. Other scientists disagree, here's one...
Big Problems with the Big Bang Theory
with Dr. Jason Lisle"
I am not saying that the first day was not the first day!!!!!!
Have no idea what this is about: The sun moon and stars were not created until the fourth day, we are told. The starlight would have been made visible at that time, just as God created Adam fully grown, otherwise the creation astronomer in the video is very sharp on this matter.
Gen.1:3,4 (On the first day) And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And the evening and the morning were THE FIRST DAY.
Gen.1:14-19 On the FOURTH day God created the sun, moon and stars.
The light that appeared on the first day was Jesus, the Light of the World. John 14,5 declares Him to be the life/light of men.
I am missing something...

This is what I have been saying "Gen.1:3,4,5 (On the first day) And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And the evening and the morning were THE FIRST DAY.

What am I suppose to learn form your post regards the creation of the first day????

Location hidden

#429265 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS WII BE THE LIGHT IN HEAVEN...
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 ---> And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.<--
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 --->And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,
neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or
maketh a lie:
but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
I admire your imagination...but simply quoting scripture at random and say that it means what you want it to mean does not make it so!!!!
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#429267 Mar 22, 2013
who="Clay"
I would like to add:
Pretending to speak in tongues and brain washing children to think their speaking in tongues is a tragedy. As well as mocking the Blessed Mother and Eucharist.
Clay...there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven...that of blaspheming the Holy Ghost. Jesus said so. You worship your view of a Blessed Mother and a Eucharist...but you mock at those who are filled with the Holy Ghost.
Do you think that Peter and Paul and other Apostles were pretending to speak in tongues?
I've had a language roll from my mouth for several minutes that I had nothing to do with. The Holy Spirit did the speaking.
What did the Holy Spirit say in that several minutes?
Clay

United States

#429268 Mar 22, 2013
who="Clay"
I would like to add:
Pretending to speak in tongues and brain washing children to think their speaking in tongues is a tragedy. As well as mocking the Blessed Mother and Eucharist.
Clay...there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven...that of blaspheming the Holy Ghost. Jesus said so. You worship your view of a Blessed Mother and a Eucharist...but you mock at those who are filled with the Holy Ghost.
Do you think that Peter and Paul and other Apostles were pretending to speak in tongues?
I've had a language roll from my mouth for several minutes that I had nothing to do with. The Holy Spirit did the speaking.
I did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I would never doubt the possibility of people speaking in tongues.
However, you just accused me of worshiping the Blessed Mother. So obviously I know you're not guided by the Holy Spirit. Because that is a lie. The Holy Spirit does not lie.
Whatever 'spirit' told you to say that....is not Holy. Period.
Furthermore, its never been proven anyone from the Pentecostal movement is speaking a language.

Languages should have characters that identifies it as an actual language. What you guys do is self indulged hypnosis.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429269 Mar 22, 2013

Most Orthodox split at the time of Constantine who founded Constantinople. Other Coptics claim to be from the the apostles. They may have started that way but were later taken over by Rome. The Nazarenes were the first Christians, remaining free from Rome all the way until joining the Reformation.

Truth Triumphant
by Dr Wilkinson
www.godrules.net/library/wilkinson/wilkinson....
Nazarenes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazarene_%28sect...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429270 Mar 22, 2013

The Blessed Mother 'virgin mary' is a demon, not the mother of Jesus.

Mother child worship predates the Roman cult

www.babylonmysteryreligion.com/motherandchild...

The real Christian Biblical trinity does not include Mary, the pope or the Church.

The demonic papal trinity
http://youtu.be/Dk8M6YwTVVA

Since: Dec 12

UK

#429271 Mar 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU LIE,i never ever said all priests are pedophiles and i never read anyone else's post that said/claimed that,priests will be labelled by association,but not all are pedophiles,and not all popes were mean and wicked,but again guilt by association.you support a pedophile church you believe it's ok for priests,popes etc. to molest children.i use to be a supporter of the boy scouts,not any more not after that report came out on how many troop leaders molested children,i think it should be shut down.there just as bad as the catholic church.
Here here well said.. They need to look at themselves before claiming anything.. JESUS GAVE FOR ALL AND IV NEVER EVER BEFORE HEARD OR READ THE CATHOLIC PRIESTS COMPLETE GARBAGE

Since: Dec 12

UK

#429272 Mar 22, 2013
The virgin Mary was not holy.. Lies from satan
As for people claiming the gift of speaking in tongues is made up more lies from satan.. There is no this way or that way there is one way.

The undiluted word of the GOSPEL...JESUS IS THE TRUTH THE LIGHT AND THE WAY.. HE IS THE ONLY WAY.. It doesn't say in the scripture the catholic or prodestant way is the way..
ONE WAY ONLY AND IT'S CLEARLY PRINTED IN THE HOLY BOOK..Satan is trying to dilute, change and every other way he can.. BUT BEWARE ITS CLEARLY STATED I AM THE LIGHT.. So stop talking nonsense about priests..
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429273 Mar 22, 2013
WE DO NOT LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES ANY MORE...WE LIVE UNDER GRACE...
THE NEW TESTAMENT (COVENANT UNDER GRACE.) SAYS.
Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself:
NOTE
but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
NOTE
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God.
Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
NOTE
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith:
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

The passage actually has to do with early Christianity and judging others for eating sacrifices some considered wrong.
As for the law of Moses, we are told what was nailed to the cross in Col 2:14-17 - the sacrificial system and temple as Jesus is now the High Priest (Heb 4:14)

Maybe you have looked at this before and decided it was alright? We are alright to get tattoos? Where does it end? Going by the Bible this law was never nailed to the cross. The only thing that changed for God's people was grace & faith in Jesus. The sacrificial system is no more; all the laws remain.

This is why we are told thse eating the swine and unclean are lost in the end, because they are not following God's word..

Is 66:17 "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, says the LORD. "

This is a study on the unclean food laws
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/BkHOH.html

There's an agenda to get Christians to believe grace means no more law. The reason for this is mostly to do with His Sabbath. When God's people worship on another day they join Rome.

Sabbath blessings!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#429274 Mar 22, 2013
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>What I also love about the Orthodox Church is that it has not changed, it is the same as it was when it was founded. Where as the Roman Catholic Church has changed to fit with the times. Who knows what the Roman Catholic Church will look like in years to come.....the Orthodox will still be the same.
with all do Respect. The Orthodox broke from the Catholic Church. Some Orthodox Churches have all but disappeared. There is no unified authority..you guys are dictated by whichever country you reside in. Some Churches - like the Russian Orthodox were pawns of their countries they lived in.. completely infiltrated and controlled by the state!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#429275 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Could you cite a source other than you demented personal take on Christianity? You're an ignorant bigot.
BUT, if you want to be received into the Orthodox Church, then you have my back. The Orthodox are mirror images of use Catholic Church. So at least, you'll be THAT much further away from the cult you now head.

Location hidden

#429276 Mar 22, 2013
Now this is beyond moronic!!!!!

"THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE FIRST PROTESTANTS THAT PROTESTED THE ORTHODOX CHURCH.."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429277 Mar 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
with all do Respect. The Orthodox broke from the Catholic Church. Some Orthodox Churches have all but disappeared. There is no unified authority..you guys are dictated by whichever country you reside in. Some Churches - like the Russian Orthodox were pawns of their countries they lived in.. completely infiltrated and controlled by the state!
History shows us that the Orthodox Church with its Patriarchs,Bishops,Priests,eve ry single church is the entire church system has been the most successful in keeping the Doctrines, Dogma,and Liturgy virtually unchanged for two thousand years.Although Orthodox Churches in differant countries adopt the name of their country such as Greek Orthodox,Ukranian Orthodox, the liturgy and Dogma, with minor changes in local customs (typica),are the same.

Location hidden

#429278 Mar 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you cite a source other than you demented personal take on Christianity? You're an ignorant bigot.
BUT, if you want to be received into the Orthodox Church, then you have my back. The Orthodox are mirror images of use Catholic Church. So at least, you'll be THAT much further away from the cult you now head.
I see that nothing has changed since Hermi and I have been gone about how you catholics really feel about our Orthodox Church....thanks

Location hidden

#429279 Mar 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sice you disrespected my church I feel free to say this.The Orthodox Church mirrors the first church,not catholicism.Perhaps you should hold your own church up for reflection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 21 hr Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web