Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589887 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429209 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists also estimate you came from the apes and there is no God or Creator. Other scientists disagree, here's one...
Big Problems with the Big Bang Theory
with Dr. Jason Lisle
www.youtube.com/watch...
www.youtube.com/watch...
The "first day" is just what it says, the first day. Simply saying "scientists estimate" is not proof of anything. Their theories are in refute by other scientists all over the net.
The sun moon and stars were not created until the fourth day, we are told. The starlight would have been made visible at that time, just as God created Adam fully grown, otherwise the creation astronomer in the video is very sharp on this matter.
This has nothing to do with the subject matter: Scientists also estimate you came from the apes and there is no God or Creator. Other scientists disagree, here's one...
with Dr. Jason Lisle"

I am not saying that the first day was not the first day!!!!!!

Have no idea what this is about: The sun moon and stars were not created until the fourth day, we are told. The starlight would have been made visible at that time, just as God created Adam fully grown, otherwise the creation astronomer in the video is very sharp on this matter.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429210 Mar 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"God measures..."
Too bad modern medicine, modern forensic science, America's legal system and America's defense system are not based on fundie Biblical, anti-evolution, anti-science ideals.
Then we could all be as backward and small minded as the fundies. The stars are for signs and we could all go to family parties to pick up chicks, just like Adam and Eve's kids.
lol
~~~
IF ADAM AND EVE..had not sinned in the Garden of Eden...
we would have no need for
modern medicine, modern forensic science, America's legal system and America's defense system
We would be living in the Utopia...that... GOD FIRST
CREATED.
WE WOULD HAVE NO NEED FOR HEAVEN...AND THERE WOULD BE MAN IN HELL...
~~~
HELL ACTUALLY ORIGINATED FROM THE DEVIL HIMSELF AS THE RESULT OF HIS FALL...
READ IT..
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick;
NOTE
-->therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. <---
You quote Ezekiel.

I will quote some proceeding verses to put it in proper context.

Men with four faces, four wings, cows feet and the faces of and man, a lion, an eagle, and an ox.

I've seen these guys too.

EZE... 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

1:7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

1:8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

1:9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Location hidden

#429211 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a fool for using modern medicine? Are you a fool for washing your hands before eating?
For many here, it's almost exclusively about ritual and mysticism.
The ethics and morals are set aside.
It's much easier to judge and condemn others when you are certain you have the answers to the greatest mysteries.
But even you sense the absurdity of that. Thus, maybe you can validate it here by quoting Bible verses.
You surely prove the Word of God is as true as the day is long!!!!

179 113
Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429212 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
How can anyone prove anything about faith?
There's a $10,000,000 reward from the John Templeton Foundation awaiting anyone who can.
Anyone with that proof are wasting their time here :o)

You seem to misunderstand what is faith.

Faith as defined in the Bible is "the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14:12) being the Christian faith as opposed to the Muslim faith or some other faith. There is plenty of evidence for Christianity and the Biblical account of world history.

The other faith in the Bible, is the "faith of things not seen", being the promise of heaven and second coming.

Tell bozo to keep his money.
-
$7.5 trillion for a 'transitional' fossil?
10 October 2008
Palaeontologists: this could be your lucky day. Turkish creationist Adnan Oktar has just offered ten trillion lira - a mouth-watering $7.5 trillion - to "anyone who produces a single intermediate-form fossil demonstrating evolution".
www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429213 Mar 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I was talking about the inspiration "God" gave the author of GoThomas.

The first and second century Christians who were there as witnesses did not consider it inspired. We have 38000 letters where they quote from the books they considered Scripture. This became the canon, and confirms the KJV manuscripts as we have them.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429214 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith as defined in the Bible is "the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14:12) being the Christian faith as opposed to the Muslim faith or some other faith. There is plenty of evidence for Christianity and the Biblical account of world history.
The other faith in the Bible, is the "faith of things not seen", being the promise of heaven and second coming.
-
10 October 2008
Palaeontologists: this could be your lucky day. Turkish creationist Adnan Oktar has just offered ten trillion lira - a mouth-watering $7.5 trillion - to "anyone who produces a single intermediate-form fossil demonstrating evolution".
So my "faith" in that I stay in remission, is because of Jesus?

No it isn't.

I'm in remission from my cancer, because I have chosen to eat healthier, excercise, and be cautious of what kinds of activities I do.

Your version of "faith" is of your own interpretation, which is Self.

Why do you promote Self, yet refuse to acknowledge it?
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#429215 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The warning more aptly applies to yourself! Calling revelations of Jesus "prophetic junk", as a supposed "christian" you are a contradiction, such are the romanist.
"For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again."(Mt 7:2)
Nothing was added to the prophecies. The four empires of Daniel has long been understood to include Rome as the fourth and final empire, then found in Revelation with seven heads and other implications. However I waste my time on one who follows the man in linen & pointy hat.
Excuse me, I didn't call the Book of Revelation 'prophetic junk'. I called your interpretations junk. And all the Prophecy crap you follow is junk.

Now as far as Rome is concerned. Yes. Indeed those prophecies are most likely about the Roman Empire.
Why you would inserts the 'Roman Catholic Church' in there is beyond me. The title 'Roman' was given to us by Protestant England anyway. But whatever, it stuck.
You're adding to Johns prophecy if you insert your opinion that its the RCC in his visions. Now that you know this, it would be wise for you to cease out of concern for your soul.

Albuquerque, NM

#429216 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first and second century Christians who were there as witnesses did not consider it inspired. We have 38000 letters where they quote from the books they considered Scripture. This became the canon, and confirms the KJV manuscripts as we have them.
You are avoiding the point. Why?

Where does "God" say that "He" only inspired the texts you think "He" did?

Why do you limit "God" and think men can determine what "God" inspires and what "He" can't?

You sure put alot of "faith" in men, and not Jesus.

Tell ya what....why don't you post something from Jesus that also states that GoThomas wasn't inspired.

Why aren't you honest with yourself and others?

Location hidden

#429217 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists also estimate you came from the apes and there is no God or Creator. Other scientists disagree, here's one...
with Dr. Jason Lisle
www.youtube.com/watch...
www.youtube.com/watch...
The "first day" is just what it says, the first day. Simply saying "scientists estimate" is not proof of anything. Their theories are in refute by other scientists all over the net.
The sun moon and stars were not created until the fourth day, we are told. The starlight would have been made visible at that time, just as God created Adam fully grown, otherwise the creation astronomer in the video is very sharp on this matter.
And....your Catholic Encyclopedia spells it out...loud and clear...
Ge 1:1 and 1:2 contains nothing that pertains to the seven day creation...They are saying the exact same thing I have been telling you...

First creation

Verse 1: In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. 2: And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

Second creation

(a) Work of Division

First Day. Verse 3: And God said: Be light made. And light was made. 4: And God saw the light that it was good; and he divided the light from the darkness. 5: And he called the light Day, and the darkness Night; and there was evening and morning one day.

I cannot make you believe the teaching of your religion...I would not even if I could..

Location hidden

#429218 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
-
10 October 2008
Faith: persuasion, i.e. credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly, constancy in such profession; by extension, the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:--assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#429219 Mar 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he did.
It's in the "God" inspired text.
Can you prove he didn't? I haven't been able to.
yes, i can prove that Jesus didn't encourage self-realization, but instead he promoted Christ-realization:

"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it" Jesus
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429220 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
-
10 October 2008
The man you call bozo -- John Templeton -- was a devout Christian and regarded as one of the most influential men of his time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Templeton

If there is so much evidence for the Bible, why don't you live all of it?

You almost certainly go to a modern medical doctor.

You don't stone people who work on Sundays.

You probably shop that day. Maybe you've eaten shellfish.

Do you use the stars for signs?

It's so easy when you turn the Bible into a buffet line -- select what pleases you and ignore the rest.

Fundamentalism is a mental disease. It causes you to denounce others, to call great men bozos, just because they don't believe your contrived mysticism in the correct manner.

You and some of your Catholic buddies here are each spiritually superior. All others are bozos.

Absurd.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429221 Mar 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
-
10 October 2008
btw...

Faith is belief in something for which there is no proof.

Which is why you are here and not becoming famous or even influential by proving your faith.

Albuquerque, NM

#429222 Mar 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i can prove that Jesus didn't encourage self-realization, but instead he promoted Christ-realization:
"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it" Jesus
Okay. Let's analyze what Jesus stated.

"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"

"if you choose to save your life you'll lose it"
- we as humans will live on this Earth. We want to live. But when we begin to learn of the spiritual things in life, we are "saving" our lives, all the while, knowing we will die.['you'll lose it"]

"but if you lose your life for my sake, you'll find it"
- Although you have "lost your life through death, believing in Jesus while you were alive, indicates that you will be saved - finding that "salvation".

But you have fallen short of this goal. You chose to only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught. Unfortunately, you will continue to believe in that portion that is incomplete.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429223 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine!! Then go "live your life" in your "shackled bondage" of hostility, animosity and vengeance, as you "choose to distort and reject" the TRUTH of TRUE PROVEN Church History and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible. IT IS ALL YOURS!! Hope it works out for you!!.... I/We as Catholics, will continue to "live in the Gospel TRUTH" of Jesus Christ, His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, "which Jesus HIMSELF gave us over 2000 years ago" (with daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Word of God, the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel--each day.--YOU CAN LIVE YOUR LIFE (like the Prodigal son--defiant and rebellious---doing exactly what you want!!
my life is just fine,at least i'll never be accused of supporting a child molesting perverted false man made pagan/christian(catholic) church.it boggles the mind why any decent family with young kids would attend a sick place like that.

usa

#429224 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You post NOTHING but bogus "editorialized anti-catholic distorted "relative truth"......I don't need to disprove you---because you "disprove yourself" to your own (demise and destruction) with your "re-written (and made-up) Protestant history sources of legends and myths"! As I said before---there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate! The TRUTH has been "verified" over and over again throughout 2000 years of authenticated Apostolic Church History. Your wasting your time Jethro! There is NOT ONE CATHOLIC (on this forum) or ANYWHERE that believes the "trash history" that you quote!!
instead of the same old dribble why don't you come up with authentic historical facts to prove me wrong,you never do,why you ask? cause you have NOTHING to support the churches lie.

usa

#429225 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Jethro are just like Peter before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!------YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!
I just post what i find that can be supported by fact,and if you wish not to believe the Vatican newspaper along with other news sources who reported the story,you have a problem my friend,you are in serious denial about the truth of the church.

usa

#429226 Mar 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
121 075 023 638
<quoted text>
Willing to bet and actually betting or not the same thing!!! Honest...check it out...
You took the bait and ran with it!!!!
hey i need the money, being sick in this country is very expensive even with insurance.a ct scan here is $2000 in japan it's only $30.00 explain that?
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#429227 Mar 22, 2013
Question for fundies...

In the Bible, there is a long line of barren women who are desperate for children.

Why is it always the women in the Bible who are barren, but never the men?

That's absurd.

usa

#429228 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/We as Catholics-----"limit ourselves" only to the TRUTH!! The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ
The TRUE Interpretation of the Bible from the Early Church Fathers
The TRUE sources of TRUE Church History
The TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF
The TRUE Encyclical Doctrines in the Church
The TRUE Historian Apologistic Writers who confirm the TRUE FAITH
The TRUE biographies of the Lives of the Saints in the Early Church
Yes- New Age--I/We as Catholics -"do limit ourselves" and avoid (bible only) Protestant, atheistic and agnostic---heresy and false teaching!
I/We as Catholics-----"limit ourselves" only to the TRUTH!! The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ....JETHRO:if this were true explain the falsehood of the p/c catechism??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Sat pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web