Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
413,621 - 413,640 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Bible prophecy exposes the Roman Church before it ever existed.

• The Roman Harlot
http://youtu.be/toBOML5W4uQ

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

commandments about what
please explain

we have free will on life
but not rights for proper life
now
i told you
evil is in matrix so long
me..oh if i died i hope you not cry
noooo
why should be

i need go cross of river then finish ordinary way thinking
its mean going on real meaning
tiny geometric card
i am still in my world
close where nothing exist..
who do that
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
did you need diploma for that
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
i don't wish diploma
i liked run away from myself
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree "anti" can be opposite or in place of but there's nothing in scripture about any other AC than already here in Rome. The Roman Church is that antichrist or false christianity or another jesus with a man speaking blasphemy claiming to be 'vicar of christ'.
Read the following please...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/matthew/p...

One must also fully comprehend this phrase known as "THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION".

There are many anti-Christ's in the world today with the RCC being but one of many. However "THE ANTI-CHRIST" DEFACTO will rise in the Middle East, not in the RCC. The RCC will give their support to this entity though as will """"" all other"""" religions in the world

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Many New Testament verses show that the Church Christ built is unified—with all its members and congregations walking together in complete agreement with each other, and with God and Christ.An important point, demonstrating the unity to be seen in the true Church, emerges from Christ’s same prayer of John 17, on the night of His betrayal. Notice:“And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified [set apart] through the truth...That they all may be ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be ONE in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them; that they may be ONE, even as We are ONE: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in ONE; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me”(vs. 19, 21-23).
These are powerful statements! Christ intended that His Church be unified—“one”—no less than were He and His Father! There is no room for disagreement in a Church that is this unified. These verses describe a perfect oneness through the truth—the same kind of oneness that the Father and Christ enjoy. It is this kind of unity that allows true Christians to be “in” them—be in Christ and in the Father (vs. 21).
Even in the Old Testament, David recorded,“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in UNITY” Christ taught,“It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35). Practicing this way of life leads to the abundance, peace, prosperity, supreme happiness and joy all seek. The true Church of God follows the same way that Christ and the original apostles taught.(jethro:It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35),this certainly does not describe the C/P church,they take give back little)Churches of the world are based on men’s ideas. And although some of these tithe, keep the Sabbath, or do not keep pagan customs such as birthdays, Christmas and Easter, this does not mean these organizations are led by God. Churches of men teach a mixture of a little truth and much error, rejecting the great majority of truths found in God’s Word.(Recall Christ’s direct indictments in Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:9—and God’s instruction from the beginning in Genesis 2:17.) THE END.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

god not say nothing at all

in matrix is evil so long
byyyyyyyyyyy

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
Many New Testament verses show that the Church Christ built is unified—with all its members and congregations walking together in complete agreement with each other, and with God and Christ.An important point, demonstrating the unity to be seen in the true Church, emerges from Christ’s same prayer of John 17, on the night of His betrayal. Notice:“And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified [set apart] through the truth...That they all may be ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be ONE in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them; that they may be ONE, even as We are ONE: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in ONE; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me”(vs. 19, 21-23).
These are powerful statements! Christ intended that His Church be unified—“one”—no less than were He and His Father! There is no room for disagreement in a Church that is this unified. These verses describe a perfect oneness through the truth—the same kind of oneness that the Father and Christ enjoy. It is this kind of unity that allows true Christians to be “in” them—be in Christ and in the Father (vs. 21).
Even in the Old Testament, David recorded,“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in UNITY” Christ taught,“It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35). Practicing this way of life leads to the abundance, peace, prosperity, supreme happiness and joy all seek. The true Church of God follows the same way that Christ and the original apostles taught.(jethro:It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”(Acts 20:35),this certainly does not describe the C/P church,they take give back little)Churches of the world are based on men’s ideas. And although some of these tithe, keep the Sabbath, or do not keep pagan customs such as birthdays, Christmas and Easter, this does not mean these organizations are led by God. Churches of men teach a mixture of a little truth and much error, rejecting the great majority of truths found in God’s Word.(Recall Christ’s direct indictments in Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:9—and God’s instruction from the beginning in Genesis 2:17.) THE END.
Hello Jethro. How's it going today? If different denominations ( I hate using that word because denomination means division) have doctrinal differences does this mean, in your opinion, that they are not united or one in the body of Christ.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
One must also fully comprehend this phrase known as "THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION".
There are many anti-Christ's in the world today with the RCC being but one of many. However "THE ANTI-CHRIST" DEFACTO will rise in the Middle East, not in the RCC. The RCC will give their support to this entity though as will """"" all other"""" religions in the world

The RC is the beast of Daniel & Revelation. There is no 'The Antichrist'.

The AoD happened in 70 AD when Rome came and destroyed the temple.

Luke 21:20 "And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is near. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the middle of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto."

Also found in Dn 9:24-27 fulfilled 2000 years ago.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it is the church of rome which was created by Constantine,the christian/pagan church,also known as the catholic church,if you check history books of modern day theologians,who spent ten+ years studying all religion denominations,you will see the catholic church is a combination of both religions,that is why it is not the true church,it is a creation of emperor Constantine who was pagan,but claimed to have a vision that changed his attitude towards Christians who were despised in Rome,the roman empire was quite large in his day and realized to keep both christian and pagans happy, he had to come up with an acceptable combination of the two religions,so he put together 100 scholars and put them to work to create this acceptable new religion,so they picked and chose books,most likely tweaked them to,added pagan dates for all religious holidays known today,and there you have the man made religious denomination known as catholic. which is not gods true church.
-
C/P christian/pagan that is what I thought it was ...
... and hoping it was. as it is accurate
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

i think god know where i am..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The RC is the beast of Daniel & Revelation. There is no 'The Antichrist'.
The AoD happened in 70 AD when Rome came and destroyed the temple.
Luke 21:20 "And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is near. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the middle of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto."
Also found in Dn 9:24-27 fulfilled 2000 years ago.
There is much that you are missing my friend.

http://www.theseason.org/luke/luke21.htm

Start reading at verse 21

Satan is the Desolator hence the Abomination that maketh desolate is Satan for he will stand in the Holy place proclaiming that he is Christ hence "THE ANTI-CHRIST" that I spoke of earlier. Remember the word ANTI means "INSTEAD OF" hence instead of Christ or THE ANTI-CHRIST. Satan will stand in the Holy Place and proclaim that he is Christ and the majorityof the world is gonna fall for it because of how he will look and the miracles that he is going to perform. Those that understand this is way ahead of the game . To be "ACCURATELY" forwarned is to be FORE-ARMED.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
There is much that you are missing my friend.
http://www.theseason.org/luke/luke21.htm
Start reading at verse 21
Satan is the Desolator

Jesus is quoted in Mt 24 and says nothing about Satan.

Then Luk 21 verse posted tells more of what happened when Rome surrounded the city.

In Mt 24 Jesus was asked two questions and gave two answers. One was about the soon destruction of the temple, the other about his second coming.

For more correct Bible commentary see Matthew Henry on this. Then compare to Dn 9:24-27 where the claim originates a 'gap' between weeks 69 & 70. There simply is no such gap. This was an invented false theology, by Rome.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> CBSNews.com :Pope Benedict XVI has .JETHRO I suppose your going to call the cbs news anti-catholic to defend your church like you usually do when an news organization prints a story that puts the church in a bad light.
The "liberal" mainstream media has "always been" anti-catholic, which is no surprise to ANY CATHOLIC who "for decades" has heard, read and experienced their"continuous bashing and criticizing of Jesus Christs One True Church. WHY?? Because the Catholic Church is the "biggest threat" to their liberal agenda (promotion) of Gay Marriage, abortion, women priests, embroyonic stem cell research, feminism, euthenasia, ect.--The Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that is "counter-cultural" and "refuses to (back down) to the "immoral (media) degredation" that has become a "cancer" in our society...Furthermore--the Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches and adheres to the TRUTH of what the bible has said for some 2000 years .... Most Protestant Churches have "bought into" secular humanism, liberation theology, and a "watering down" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible, in order to become "politically correct and "fundie Protestant Churches possess "no threat" to liberalism the liberal press, that is "polluting our country". Many Protestants have "sold their souls" in order to be and stay "politically correct" and "immorally perverted" especially with homosexual marriage and abortion!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you expect me to believe protestants are going to say the the C/P CHURCH,is the true church when more than one pope has called all churches inferior to the catholic church? i have looked up church history from both sides of the fence,and some popes did actually care about their followers,and their those who did not care sold the papacy,sold favors with-in the church, committed multiple crimes and abused their power,unless you show me a statement that reads, and upon this rock i will build "my church" and it's followers will be called Catholics,it is a false statement,there is nothing in history that supports the churches position,it's their made up history,not the bibles or the scriptures.
Like I said before Jethro--"you can believe what you want"! Makes no difference to me! I/We as Catholics (and the other 1 Billion + Catholics, will CONTINUE to follow, believe, worship and adhere to (over 2000 years) the TRUE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST and the TRUE INTERPRETAION OF THE BIBLE!
You and your other "bible only" 42,000 editorialists "can do what you want" ----You are just "spinning your Protestant wheels" around and around "in circles" and we "couldn't care less"---except to pray for your misguided, and mis-directed hearts minds and souls. You are wasting your time with this Protestant (anti-catholic) propaganda of yours!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Bible prophecy foretells the Roman Church before it ever existed!

Four Kingdoms of Daniel

The following interpretation is a traditional view of Jewish and Christian Historicists, Futurists, Dispensationalists, Partial Preterists, and other futuristic Jewish and Christian hybrids, as well as certain Messianic Jews, who believe that the kingdoms in Daniel are:

1)Neo-Babylonian Empire
2)Medo-Persian Empire
3)Greek Empire of Alexander
4)Roman Empire, with other implications to come later.

This was the scheme described by Jerome in his Commentary on Daniel.[7] Within this framework there are numerous variations.

Use with Book of Revelation

Christian interpreters typically read the Book of Daniel with the New Testament's Book of Revelation. A beast in Revelation 13 was also interpreted as the empire of Rome.[8] The "city on seven hills" in Revelation is understood by the majority of modern scholarly commentators as a reference to Rome.[9][10][11][12][13][14][1 5][16][17][18][19][20][21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
also..
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
Bible prophecy foretells the Roman Church before it ever existed!
Four Kingdoms of Daniel
The following interpretation is a traditional view of Jewish and Christian Historicists, Futurists, Dispensationalists, Partial Preterists, and other futuristic Jewish and Christian hybrids, as well as certain Messianic Jews, who believe that the kingdoms in Daniel are:
1)Neo-Babylonian Empire
2)Medo-Persian Empire
3)Greek Empire of Alexander
4)Roman Empire, with other implications to come later.
This was the scheme described by Jerome in his Commentary on Daniel.[7] Within this framework there are numerous variations.
Use with Book of Revelation
Christian interpreters typically read the Book of Daniel with the New Testament's Book of Revelation. A beast in Revelation 13 was also interpreted as the empire of Rome.[8] The "city on seven hills" in Revelation is understood by the majority of modern scholarly commentators as a reference to Rome.[9][10][11][12][13][14][1 5][16][17][18][19][20][21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
also..
www.godssabbathtruth.com/charts.html
You're a liar. It has nothin te do the Catholic Church. Besides 'Roman' Catholic is a title given by people NOT in the Church.
I encourage you to look at the last passage in Revelation to see what's going to happen to you for adding to Johns prophecy...
that's the only prophetic junk you should be concerned about.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar. It has nothin te do the Catholic Church. Besides 'Roman' Catholic is a title given by people NOT in the Church.
I encourage you to look at the last passage in Revelation to see what's going to happen to you for adding to Johns prophecy...
~~~
You wrote

___

You prophesy your own fate/destiny in your attempting to replace the

Bible with you catechism,.... adding your lies conjecture, fables

and figments of imagination to God's eternal plan of salvation,

The blood of those that you deceive, will be required at your hands.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
___
You prophesy your own fate/destiny in your attempting to replace the
Bible with you catechism,.... adding your lies conjecture, fables
and figments of imagination to God's eternal plan of salvation,
The blood of those that you deceive, will be required at your hands.
~~~

You Church/pope not only has attempted to assume the position of God
it is vying to usurp His Glory...

-->The glory only belongs to God and His Son..no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 --> That no flesh should glory in his presence.<---

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

___

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

(and we beheld his glory,

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)

full of grace and truth.

~~~

Eze_28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,

by the iniquity of thy traffick;

therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee,

it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in

the sight of all them that behold thee.

Isa_55:11 GOD'S word... that goeth forth out of HIS mouth: it shall not return unto HIM void, but it shall accomplish that which pleases, HIM and it shall prosper in the thing whereto HE HATH sent it.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2023 !
Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia,formerly known as California .
White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.
Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.
Baby conceived naturally! Scientists stumped.
Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.
Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.
France begs and pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica. No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!
Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.
George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.
Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.
85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and exercise is the key to weight l oss.
Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.
Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Floruba.
Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
Abortion clinics now available in every
High School in United States .
Senate still blocking drilling in AN WR even though gas is selling for 4532 Pesos per liter and gas stations are only open on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.
Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.
Average height of NBA players is now nine feet, seven inches with
only 3 illegitimate children.
New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2030.
IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent.
Floruba voters still having trouble with voting machines.
I Love This Country!
It's The Government That Scares Me!
7th day says.......Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.

MICHAEL says.......It will never happen, MacDonalds will make sure of that.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before Jethro--"you can believe what you want"! Makes no difference to me! I/We as Catholics (and the other 1 Billion + Catholics, will CONTINUE to follow, believe, worship and adhere to (over 2000 years) the TRUE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST and the TRUE INTERPRETAION OF THE BIBLE!
You and your other "bible only" 42,000 editorialists "can do what you want" ----You are just "spinning your Protestant wheels" around and around "in circles" and we "couldn't care less"---except to pray for your misguided, and mis-directed hearts minds and souls. You are wasting your time with this Protestant (anti-catholic) propaganda of yours!
You have been eating your fruit from the wrong tree. Try the tree of knowledge.

If by some fluke you actually make it to heaven, you better recant to God all the bad things you said here on earth about his 42,001 groups of humanity that you trash talk about so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 35 min psycho 4
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 2 hr Hick 30
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••