Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,347
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#429076 Mar 21, 2013
need a break guys and girls and ah hojo :) see you later,be nice,be safe,have a good night/morning where ever you are.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#429077 Mar 21, 2013
075 023 638
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>a welsher i knew it.all talk no substance.
By now, you should have realized, that this "bet" exercise was to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that your ability to read and understand, displays an IQ somewhere in the low to medium 20s!!!!!

Show me where I ever placed a bet with you on the farm!!!!

Quote: I would be willing to bet the farm that you don't even know what day of the week this is!!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#429078 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pentecostals believe in the significance of water Baptism. Right?
I'm curious to know your thoughts on this. I was a bit surprised that most of Protestantism practice water Baptism- believing the water itself is of importance.
Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans and Methodist all have a sacrament called 'Confirmation', where we can reaffirm our parents decision to Baptize us and raise us in Christianity. We do this at an age of maturity. For Catholics, its usually 13 or 14.
what do Pentecostals do?
Sorry that I have not gotten back to you ...I have been out of town...

What we believe and teach

Repentance. Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19.

Justification. Romans 5:1; Titus 3:7.

Regeneration. Titus 3:5.

New birth. John 3:3; 1 Peter 1:23; 1 John 3:9.

Sanctification subsequent to justification. Romans 5:2; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12.

Holiness. Luke 1:75; 1 Thessalonians 4:7; Hebrews 12:14.

-->NOTE
{ Water baptism. Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9, 10; John 3:22, 23; Acts
8:36, 38.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

---
Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

___

Joh 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Joh 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized

---

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.}

----

Baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to cleansing; the enduement of power for service. Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:49, 53; Acts 1:4-8.

The speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance as the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost. John 15:26; Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7.

Spiritual gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:1,7,10,28,31; 1 Corinthians 14:1.

Signs following believers. Mark 16:17-20; Romans 15:18, 19; Hebrews 2:4.

Fruit of the Spirit. Romans 6:22; Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 5:9; Philippians 1: 11.

Divine healing provided for all in the atonement. Psalm 103:3; Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:17; James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.

The Lord's Supper. Luke 22:17-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.

Washing the saints' feet. John 13:4-17; 1 Timothy 5:9, 10.

Tithing and giving. Genesis 14:18-20; 28:20-22; Malachi 3: 10; Luke 11:42; 2 Corinthians 9:6-9; 16:2; Hebrews 7:1-21.

Restitution where possible. Matthew 3:8; Luke 19:8, 9.

Premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the dead saints and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2: 1.

Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years. Zechariah 14:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14, 15; Revelation 5:10; 19:11-21; 20:4-6.

Resurrection. John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15; Revelation 20:5, 6.

Eternal life for the righteous. Matthew 25:46; Luke 18:30; John 10:28; Romans 6:22; 1 John 5:11-13.

Eternal punishment for the wicked. No liberation nor annihilation. Matthew 25:41-46; Mark 3:29; 2 Thessalonians 1: 8,9; Revelation 20:10-15; 21:8.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429080 Mar 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....i don't know....the most important teachings of Jesus IS Jesus?!
"I AM the Truth, the Life and the Way..." Jesus
I disagree.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

The difference between yours and mine is that Jesus explains the path simply and concise on how to attain salvation.

Yours, directs the individual to listen to him, so he can teach the path.

BTW - Self is the key factor in both. Jesus referring to his Self, and then him telling others to believe in their Self.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429081 Mar 21, 2013
thousand years is only one day..
by
new tehnology will prove that one day thousand years..
Do you liked pretend with your lips?
Why we are created on his image..because of what?
truth

Perth, Australia

#429082 Mar 21, 2013
God is full of Mercy.
To come on Earth..oh maybe yes..but you don't know plain why?
If you did not know plain..did you know who control sit of soul and keep us many many times and period of time for what to whom in circle as well why?
Clay

United States

#429083 Mar 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Once AGAIN: the Apostles never taught it ... because JESUS HIMSELF DID and THEY ALL got it the first time! They didn't need to elaborate on the simple, straightforward command of Christ.
-
Jesus COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT SIMPLER!
-
"Call No Man Father."
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Absolutely, marge!
-
SATAN hates the truth and twists even the very words of Christ all out of recognition - Catholics believe the OPPOSITE of what Christ taught. Therefore, they believe EXACTLY what Satan taught.
wow. ok guest. you're going 'all in' with that.. just keep in mind if you're taking Our Lords words to mean something He did not intend it to be, it ain't gonna be good.
At least if I'm wrong, I can plead to God that I listened to the Church that told us those words were Biblical. So obviously I would accept their interpretations, rather than take it upon myself to form my own Christianity. I mean, the Bible didn't come labeled 'word of God' for us...
You seem to accept the authority of the Catholic Church that declared those words Biblical, then you reverse the meanings to use against the Church upon which they came!

So please don't tell me how 'Satan twists the truth'.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429084 Mar 21, 2013
truth wrote:
thousand years is only one day..
by
new tehnology will prove that one day thousand years..
Do you liked pretend with your lips?
Why we are created on his image..because of what?
False conclusion.

If the Earth is 4.1 billion years old and one thousand yrs is equal to one of "God's day", the math would look like this:

God's Day Conversion to Men
1 day 1000 years
1 day 365,000 days

- The Bible states it took 7 days to create the universe and man.
- our planet is (about) 4.1 billion yrs old which is actually 1.4965 TRILLION days.
- 1.4965 trillion days is divided by 365,000 days [one God day] and the result is 4.1 billion years - the age of the planet.

Unfortunately, this doesn't add up to the AGE OF THE UNIVERSE, which is estimated to be 13.798 0.037 billion years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_unive...

You are about 9 billion years off in your calculations.

That's what you get for believing in men.

As you can see, this does not mesh very well with your belief. In fact, it totally destroys any possibility that "one God day is equal to a thousand years"

Epic FAIL!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429085 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
No stupid, the Bible doesn't say either way if Peter was in Rome or not. You're simply teaching on something based purely on what is in those 27 books that made it into the NT.
You need to read early Christian writings from those the Apostles verbally taught. There you will find references of Peter being in Rome.

Besides, it doesn't matter either way. If Pope Francis spends the next year in Argentina, he is still the Bishop of Rome.

The 'stupid' is the one who doesnt know their Bible, and looks to other text - doctrines of men - You.

Other texts are only good for historic reference, not to found a Church or any Christian doctrine.

This is how the Jewish Talmud began - with the rabbis claiming they had oral traditions directly from Moses. They claimed to sit on the 'seat of Moses' creating many laws not in the written word of God. English 'Seat' is the Greek "kathedras".

Jesus chastises the Pharisees for following doctrines of men..

Mt 23:2 "Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:"

English 'seat'= Greek kathedras.

Jewish pharisees Talmud based on oral tradition same as Catholic phariseessss..
http://youtu.be/4Nf9uTJ14VI

It matters. Rome claims Peter went to Rome and founded the Church. Peter never went to Rome. Paul writes in the book of Romans and does not mention Peter as being there; in the first chapter

1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end all of you may be established;

15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Then in chapter 16 Paul never mentions Peter being in Rome. And we cannot add to scripture what is not there.

You can have a bishop of Rome but its not biblical.

There are many other reasons to believe Peter never went to Rome and that Simon Magus was the actual founder of the pagan Roman Church..

www.youtube.com/playlist...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429086 Mar 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Unfortunately, this doesn't add up to the AGE OF THE UNIVERSE, which is estimated to be 13.798 0.037 billion years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_unive...
You are about 9 billion years off in your calculations.
That's what you get for believing in men.

It is you who believe in men, lOl, snicker, snicker.

Evolution is only a theory. Big bangism has been discredited all over the nets creation.com is one of many where real scientists go to report on the universe.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429087 Mar 21, 2013
If my mind your maybe its will be like that..i am very happy not..
In this form as human s we are not as you calculated..do you understood me..our previous civilization is been destroy..who sustain life here ""?''..now because of that you are not correct..as well Eden for first happy human as well also been change how many times?..by whom?

Because of that you are not still correct about us in this form as well perfect..why come this in my head asked yourself.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429088 Mar 21, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

i call your digital..naprdivanje..its predict and produce old ordinary language into as you think modern way.
Even if you split verbal words still you have every my words correct.
n s pr 4;9
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
truth

Perth, Australia

#429089 Mar 21, 2013
eh your calculation..
please explain fully i will except you deeply with my heart but you are not correct..who sustain life in this condition..who destroy perfection and why..who keep us not going further..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429090 Mar 21, 2013
Peek-a-Boo...lol...Just popped in to say hope you all have a Blessed Easter!!....God Bless You All!!
Clay

United States

#429091 Mar 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'stupid' is the one who doesnt know their Bible, and looks to other text - doctrines of men - You.
Other texts are only good for historic reference, not to found a Church or any Christian doctrine.
This is how the Jewish Talmud began - with the rabbis claiming they had oral traditions directly from Moses. They claimed to sit on the 'seat of Moses' creating many laws not in the written word of God. English 'Seat' is the Greek "kathedras".
Jesus chastises the Pharisees for following doctrines of men..
Mt 23:2 "Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:"
English 'seat'= Greek kathedras.
Jewish pharisees Talmud based on oral tradition same as Catholic phariseessss..
http://youtu.be/4Nf9uTJ14VI
It matters. Rome claims Peter went to Rome and founded the Church. Peter never went to Rome. Paul writes in the book of Romans and does not mention Peter as being there; in the first chapter
1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end all of you may be established;
15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Then in chapter 16 Paul never mentions Peter being in Rome. And we cannot add to scripture what is not there.
You can have a bishop of Rome but its not biblical.
There are many other reasons to believe Peter never went to Rome and that Simon Magus was the actual founder of the pagan Roman Church..
www.youtube.com/playlist...
tell me, where did the Bible come from and how do you know the Books that are in it...belong in it?

This is important because you're using those Books to usurp the Church for supposedly not going by it.

The Church never said 'Peter was in Rome because its in the Bible'.
So whatever verses you slice and dice and zig and zag to prove Peter was never in Rome is stupid. The Bible simply does not say he was in Rome and does not say he wasn't. The fact is, it doesn't matter if he was or was not.
Sorry I called YOU stupid, I should have said your logic is stupid.
I don't think I'm interested in talkin with you, Soc. You need to seriously look in the mirror and lose this silly 911 conspiracy UFO Christianity. Its gotta be incredibly insulting to Jesus Christ to be that way.
truth

Perth, Australia

#429092 Mar 21, 2013
You liked be bigger then God..this is problem with you..i am not..but its not good say stupid to others..you never know why i say this to you.
Clay

United States

#429093 Mar 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Guest believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old?
That's an interesting question not discussed a whole lot on here.
I'm guessing they have to believe the Earth is 5,000 or 10,000 yrs old to subscribe to sola scriptura. If they believe its millions of yrs old, then their going against the Bible! wow, what a pickle.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#429094 Mar 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me, where did the Bible come from and how do you know the Books that are in it...belong in it?
This is important because you're using those Books to usurp the Church for supposedly not going by it.
The Church never said 'Peter was in Rome because its in the Bible'.
So whatever verses you slice and dice and zig and zag to prove Peter was never in Rome is stupid. The Bible simply does not say he was in Rome and does not say he wasn't. The fact is, it doesn't matter if he was or was not.
Sorry I called YOU stupid, I should have said your logic is stupid.
I don't think I'm interested in talkin with you, Soc. You need to seriously look in the mirror and lose this silly 911 conspiracy UFO Christianity. Its gotta be incredibly insulting to Jesus Christ to be that way.
http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Th...

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a87.htm
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429095 Mar 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of supposed "perfection" combined with the Information Age leaves the RCC in a pickle -- especially under the board's
Not perfection---but "verifiable" TRUTH!...... TRUTH of doctrine, TRUTH of Church History and TRUTH of biblical interpretation,---- ALL which have "escaped" your half-truth, half-heresy (bible only) Protestant 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and confused denominations....... No Catholic believes your sola scriptura National Inquirer opinionated "editorial (gossip)" which is the "entire basis" of holding your Protestant beliefs together....... We as Catholics will (continue to) remain with the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY with Daily Mass and the Eucharist!!--You can believe what you want! It makes "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429096 Mar 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Michael, but you are still, "off base" as usual. I never said, nor ever claimed that the Catholic Church is "superior" jethro: you may not have said it,but the catholic church/pope has,they consider other churches inferior because they do not recognize the papacy/papal chair.so mikey is right in a way.
NONE of us Catholics, EVER claimed "superiority" and the other Churches inferior, just because we have the papacy and a pope (as the successor of St Peter) who speaks (THE TRUTH) for the Catholic Church, for TRUE biblical interpretation and for over 1 billion Catholics Christians throughout the world.... BESIDES---, each of you Protestants have "your own individual" 42,000 bible only Popes, of whom EACH speak in "contradiction, inconsistencies and "conflicting self-interpretations of the bible,(IN DISAGREEMENT WITH EACH OTHER), as the successors to Martin Luther, who started this entire chaos of"hodge-podged" denominations and half-truth, half-heresy Christianity!!! Been there and have done that "distorted confusion" for over 35 years!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Married in 8,299
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 83
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••