Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596373 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428982 Mar 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
True...
Plus, after 1600 years, show us the real-world, real-life evidence of this moral superiority.
Moral superiority or "personal CONDUCT or mis-conduct of some of the members within the Church---have absolutely NOTHING TO DO with what the Catholic Church teaches, proclaims and instructs as being TRUE for over 2000 years of "biblical, Traditional and Historical TRUTH!....Jesus Christ established, formed and initiated HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH--for the purpose of "saving sinners" (of which we all are)....... I/We as Catholics follow, adhere to and worship the TRUTH and the TRUE Gospel and Salvation of Jesus Christ (in and through) the His One True Apostolic Catholic Church-(each day at daily Mass and the Eucharist)-because it is the ONLY CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428983 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
960 925 921
<quoted text>
Take anti-allergic shots...they tell me they work great!!!!
...Or not buying wool at all. Much cheaper.

But with you promoting wool in the context you used, begins to make you sound a little spurious in your post.

Hmmmm...I've thought that a long time now. Not being honest is not a good thing to be.

Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#428984 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The ostuary as the website said was just of a common name at the time. Others were also found earlier.
2. We are told Jesus appeared in a physical new body and did eat. Wasnt it Thomas who put his hands in Jesus' wounds?
Heavenly bodies as Jesus had after his resurrection, not some disembodied spirit or soul.
Luke 24:34-43 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
Many names used in the Bible "are common" for the times. Debunked.

"new body".....hmmmm....intere sting choice of words you refer to.

Spiritual entities have a "new body".
Some people speculate that when we do transcend as spirits, we do take on a new "form" - as some NDEs reflect a "younger version" of a person is taken.

Your use of a 3rd generation disciple is not impressive.

Why don't you look through all of what Jesus said, and find something different?

This text has Jesus as a child and proclaims himself to be "Spirit".

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/ascp.html

"The little child spoke, saying, "I know who you are, Paul. You are he who was blessed from his mother`s womb. For I have come to you that you may go up to Jerusalem to your fellow apostles. And for this reason you were called. And I am the Spirit who accompanies you. Let your mind awaken, Paul, with [...]. For [...] whole which [...] among the principalities and these authorities and archangels and powers and the whole race of demons,[...] the one that reveals bodies to a soul-seed."

Just because you believe Jesus was a "body", it doesn't mean that the other versions are not valid either. But I'm inclined to believe Jesus saying he was "Spirit" - which is without a body.

Why don't you believe Jesus in this regard?

Albuquerque, NM

#428985 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do you believe those men were accurate?
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians who were there witnesses this
All NT texts are dated after Jesus died. And by now, you should realize that memories of past decades get harder and harder to recall as the years go by.

We also don't know if the attributions to the names ascribed to the gospels are accurate. In fact, less than six of the original Apostles are used in the NT, so that also makes it a 50-50 chance that these are accurate depictions at all.

This is where your Self, chooses to believe or not....which is probably a result because of limited research into your religion.

socci wrote:
<quoted text>as they did the miracles of Jesus confirming the virgin birth as Mary said.
No one was present when Mary gave birth, except Joseph and Mary.

Unless you have some undisclosed documentation that shows otherwise. Do you?
socci wrote:
<quoted text>This is one way we know the inspired books. another is that they are all in harmony.
So now you will admit to limiting "God" to just a handful of books?

Your position is slowly crumbling.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428986 Mar 20, 2013
Italian - American wrote:
The Catholic Church is the one true Church. Christ gave his authority to Peter and the apostles. Peter, in scripture, is always addressed by name.
The keys of the Kingdom were given to him and Christ said the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church.

Interesting the Jewish pharisees claimed to have tradition from Moses thru a line of succession.

The Myth Of Apostolic Succession
www.youtube.com/watch...
Jewish tradition laid groundwork for Catholic tradition. The Jews claimed to occupy the 'seat of Moses'!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428987 Mar 20, 2013
All NT texts are dated after Jesus died. And by now, you should realize that memories of past decades get harder and harder to recall as the years go by.
We also don't know if the attributions to the names ascribed to the gospels are accurate.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

www.datingthenewtestament.com

KJV History

www.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

#428988 Mar 20, 2013
''offensive''..no you are not believer in Jesus..turn your another face or just listen..in biggining is words..
of;fen
fen=win=pronaucment
luster ..lust=wind
if you make any shape must be very diferent symbol but as example
as stripe around how ((())) SEE=SOUND

I been front of buidings..o yes what is in my mind
can't be yours..
can be as transmitors as well sound

dath=buride with death
are you sure god not give free will for life
no why not

nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i don't liked that sound and transmiter..
as well i find out deference way about that death..dead body full of poisen its look like that..no gun no knife no bomb

now
you can say many offensive words and read them in vain..why don't you think on smart way every words going tell you something nice or not.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428989 Mar 20, 2013
shut up
is that offensive
yes it is
did you need say sorry
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
you need look nicly as someone cmock you
is that hard
nooooooooooooo
then
s hut up
hut
hat het hit hot hut
what you find here
hat
any symbol as hat..no
eeee yessssssssssssssss
you need think proply and honest
because you are not believer
hat=libra horoscop horror cop
now
is that hard see symbol
as well calculated time
which day or mounth is there

i try teach you on my way
now i just do fast not even look proper on wroting no
is that must stay in proper line
noooo
when you try find something you use short as you could in reality every words symbol worthy see..is that hard..yes and no..yes when you can find way in your mind for meaning

real meaning is..its allready in mind and heart
its not yours it mineeeeeeeeeeeee
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy

why death burideeeee
how
i try describe you
truth

Perth, Australia

#428990 Mar 20, 2013
example
color as architect as well expression
you have 4 period
spring
describe that on very easy way
we call spring proljece
proverb l=12 e=5
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://bible.cc/proverbs/12-5.htm

we call lots of nice color sargastopirgasti
sar=poison..in reality you have minimum your death expose..its allergy allegory is represent sybol of ideology..hi hi hi
you need find byyourself path or way

my mind or heart or way is not yoursssssssssss

after all nooooooooooo

i looking all nice corrupt liarsssssssssss
no they don't have nothing with real creator
defeinitly notttttttttttt

i don't see that
big rich people they love themself
o yes
pozlatinivici isplatinovici
po zlato=gold
now
pz
paz pez piz poz puz
they l;iked that someone paziti=protection
poz=pozirati as megdija and photograf want
simular like that

then vintarevici jesenovici litanovici=as litanije=sing song
now
if you like be pozlatanovic
paz pez piz poz puz
pazi=warning
see in reality they protect=paziti gold very well
sammer represent hot weather
as well hot story pozlatiti platiti

now trough words without anything and anyone you can find every place meaning what so ever

i find my ring=inside beautiful building
meeeeeeeeeeee
i cry many times
i don't likked evil people
i fill sorry why i come in this country have life like this

no liars can only say that justice exist

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#428991 Mar 20, 2013
corupt evil wicket world have rights others not

justice exist only for them
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllll
truth

Perth, Australia

#428992 Mar 20, 2013
evil people wroteeeeeeeeeeeee
they want challenge everything
now
they still evil
they will do what so ever on evil way
they not care for anyone

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428993 Mar 20, 2013
983 960 925 921
<quoted text>
...Or not buying wool at all. Much cheaper.
But with you promoting wool in the context you used, begins to make you sound a little spurious in your post.
Hmmmm...I've thought that a long time now. Not being honest is not a good thing to be.
Thanks for responding.
Better not to be in need of sheep clothing!!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428994 Mar 20, 2013
truth wrote:
shut up
is that offensive
yes it is
did you need say sorry
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
you need look nicly as someone cmock you
is that hard
nooooooooooooo
then
s hut up
hut
hat het hit hot hut
what you find here
hat
any symbol as hat..no
eeee yessssssssssssssss
you need think proply and honest
because you are not believer
hat=libra horoscop horror cop
now
is that hard see symbol
as well calculated time
which day or mounth is there
i try teach you on my way
now i just do fast not even look proper on wroting no
is that must stay in proper line
noooo
when you try find something you use short as you could in reality every words symbol worthy see..is that hard..yes and no..yes when you can find way in your mind for meaning
real meaning is..its allready in mind and heart
its not yours it mineeeeeeeeeeeee
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
why death burideeeee
how
i try describe you
sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh HUSH , Be Quite Please !!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#428995 Mar 20, 2013
you can see el;ectric tel and much more symbols

if i am wrong why you think i am wrong

i don't liked corupt evil telstra people criminals o yes they are..they looks very nice but they are evillllllllll program

why they practising para-evil program via hospital and id record asked yourselfffffffffffff

is that crime..yes it isssssssssssssssss
corupt criminals which they try cover up many things

no i don't fill shame wrote this to corupt leaders ..and so on

time coming when citizen not going respect anyone deserveddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddd

Are you target of that crime
many yes
did you have rights on justice
no
why not
corupt org. try cover up on evil way
as they are full of crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428996 Mar 20, 2013
RCC origin....

(3) Most Roman emperors (and citizens) were henotheists. A henotheist is one who believes in the existence of many gods, but focuses primarily on one particular god or considers one particular god supreme over the other gods. For example, the Roman god Jupiter was supreme over the Roman pantheon of gods. Roman sailors were often worshippers of Neptune, the god of the oceans. When the Catholic Church absorbed Roman paganism, it simply replaced the pantheon of gods with the saints. Just as the Roman pantheon of gods had a god of love, a god of peace, a god of war, a god of strength, a god of wisdom, etc., so the Catholic Church has a saint who is “in charge” over each of these, and many other categories. Just as many Roman cities had a god specific to the city, so the Catholic Church provided “patron saints” for the cities.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428997 Mar 20, 2013
Nothing deference when you say;''how many masters you have?''

“Peace Thru Superior Firepower”

Since: Mar 13

Hayburn, Idaho

#428999 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That´s not true. The protestant church is splitted from the catholic church. The have the same gospels as catholics and orthodox.
The Protestants removed several books from the original Catholic bible.

Deal with it.

“Peace Thru Superior Firepower”

Since: Mar 13

Hayburn, Idaho

#429000 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals are forcing Jesus to come.
Wow! What power they have!! They can control "GOD!!"

Is jesus gay too?

United States

#429001 Mar 20, 2013
guest wrote:
well then, I suppose it all has to do with what is offensive to you.
-
A New Libertarian wrote:
religious bigotry, hating in the name of religion, denying the rights of others in the name of religion, hypocricy etc.
-
Yeah. hating in the name of religion is bad, but, murdering in the Name of God is as bad as it gets. Catholic church reigns supreme in THAT category.
-
-
guest wrote:
Catholicism is the MOST offensive religion to me, as it was early on murdering in the Name of God as a means of converting people to the religion.
-
A New Libertarian wrote:
the protestants have just as much blood on their hands as any other group. there were no Catholics in Salem.
I am speaking of the Catholic Church as it is today, not of what it did centuries ago. I'm not even a christian, yet I still respected Pope John Paul II, and I have a good feeling about Pope Francis.
-
No. The Protestants do NOT have as much blood on their hands. It is common knowledge in history that the victor WRITES the history. Now, since we will NEVER get an accurate body count out of the Catholic church, we CAN use another method to measure the depth of the pool of blood left by this warring group. TIME.
Catholics have been at this since Constantine - for 1700 years. Protestants have only been at it for 500 years. They have not had NEARLY as much time to catch up.
For THAT to happen, the Catholics would have to SIT OUT ANY FUTURE BATTLE for what? approximately 1,200 years? I can't see Catholics being able to restrain themselves for that long. I mean their history with pedophile priests alone, is 1,700 years long and that was only because the victims of that crime were children and, and couldn't fight back. They have just now been able to speak out - with modern media as instant as it is.
-
So. Doing the WAR math (in years):
-
2013 - 312 (Constantine War cry)= 1,701 years ago
-
2013 - 1517 (Protestant Reformation)= 496 years since Both Catholic and Protestants have been involved.
-
Which leaves 1701 (Catholic Years)- 496 (Protestant Years)= 1,205 Years.
-
Catholics have been murdering in the Name of God 1,205 years LONGER than Protestants and so will have to completely sit out a full 1,205 years of bloody wars in order to let the Protestants catch up.
I don't think that is going to happen, do you?
Now. Who say you has the most blood on their hands?
-
Doing the math, shows how unequal it is, doesn't it?
-
-
guest wrote:
so. pray tell, what *is* offensive to you?
-
A New Libertarian wrote:
unequal treatment of various groups of citizens under the law, for one thing. religious supremacy, religious bigotry
-
Unequal treatment is highly offensive to me.
-
The rest of the world has been bathed in blood attempting to defend itself from the Catholic War machine.
-
but that's just me.
doing the math.
simple math really.
nothing complicated.
anybody could have done it.
if they had wanted to get to the truth.

United States

#429002 Mar 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
Just more or the "same old" "bible only" Protestant "Propaganda" that can be "dug up" in some "obscure and remote" anti-catholic sources!......There (has, is and will ALWAYS BE) ONLY ONE TRUE CHURCH, and ONLY ONE TRUTH---and it is in Jesus Christ,(in and through) HIS biblically and historically PROVEN Apostolic Catholic Church---confirmed, proven and verified for over 2000 years!! NOTHING more to discuss, NOTHING more to debate, NOTHING more to argue over, NOTHING more to contemplate, NOTHING more to deliberate over!-----"Anything other Christianity is either "relative truth or half-truth, half-heresy Christianity of which bible only Protestants have "mastered the art" of editorializing and self-opinionating their own 42,000 "contraditing" interpretation of the bible.
-
-
Imagine the power and force the Catholic church would have to deal with if these *so called* 42,000 *contradicting* Protestant churches with 42,000 *contradicting* "popes" became united and did the same thing to the world that the Catholic Church has done? Waged WAR in the Name of God?
-
you should probably be thankful they ARE *contradicting* hojo -- for if they were gathered together under a single "pope" like the Catholic church, and chose the same method of *conversion* as the Catholic church ... the world could not contain the carnage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... 4 hr Mark 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
More from around the web