Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,556
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428938 Mar 20, 2013
A New Libertarian wrote:
did you see what I said about the Catholics being the least offensive of all the christians? thanks for backing me up.

least offensive towards the world can be offensive towards God.

I find their numerous genocides offensive. You know burning people at the stake - offensive.

The RC is only gay friendly to impose this on non-catholics to destroy their nation & culture. It is not allowed in catholic nations, like the muslims will do. so many similarities.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428939 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many times in scripture "water" refers to a cleansing from God. Ain't got nothing to do with baptism. Jethro, you know alot more than Clay.
Folks like catholics see the word "water" and say hey look it's baptism. Unfortunately for them, not so.
Being immersed in water pictures the death of Jesus Christ dying for our sins. Being raised from the water is portrayal of Jesus' resurrection in which He conquered sin and death. Thus, being baptized by immersion the believer visually shows the spiritual death, burial, and resurrection of the believer's life. Baptism emphasizes to the new believer, and to those who witness the baptism, that as a Christian and child of God the Christian now is to live a godly life, resisting sin, and not giving it place in their lives.......Baptism always follows belief in Jesus Christ as one's Savior and baptism is not necessary for a person to be saved and born again. It is not an act that one does to obtain salvation and no one in the New Testament was baptized who did not first believe and put their faith in Jesus Christ. After a person is saved, as the New Testament plainly shows, they then were baptized. The Bible does not refer to baptism as a sacrament which has any saving properties, or as a part of salvation. For more information that explains why baptism is not necessary for salvation please read the article at http://bible truth.org/BaptismNotNecessary.html..the catholic church makes a big deal out of baptism because it's profitable,if it was important how come it first appears in the book of mathew and not earlier??
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428940 Mar 20, 2013
Italian - American wrote:
The Catholic Church is the one true Church. Christ gave his authority to Peter and the apostles. Peter, in scripture, is always addressed by name.
The keys of the Kingdom were given to him and Christ said the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church.

Peter the apostle was not any more special than the other apostles, who were all inspired with the Holy Spirit breathed upon by Jesus himself!

The keys were given to "all of you" (KJV) meaning the church of believers meaning all who are saved in the church are saved those who are not are lost.

The RC has only taken a few verses and corrupted the translation. Their Bible is completely different for this reason.

usa

#428941 Mar 20, 2013
The Catholic Church is the one true Church. Christ gave his authority to Peter and the apostles. Peter, in scripture, is always addressed by name.
The keys of the Kingdom were given to him and Christ said the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church.
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
Despite the MANY sinners in the Church, including the papacy and clergy. However the dogma remains true despite our human nature. Luther broke the Body of Christ and therefore sinned.
The Church still teaches that others can go to heaven even if not Catholic. So let's not be proud of our belief but be an example to others on how to live.
i'll ask you the same question i ask all Catholics,show me in scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is his true church?

usa

#428942 Mar 20, 2013
guest wrote:
http://bible.cc/galatians/4-16.htm
New International Version (©2011)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
New Living Translation (©2007)
Have I now become your enemy because I am telling you the truth?
English Standard Version (©2001)
Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
International Standard Version (©2012)
So have I now become your enemy for telling you the truth?
NET Bible (©2006)
So then, have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Have I become an enemy to you because I have preached the truth to you?
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
which one contains the whole truth??

usa

#428943 Mar 20, 2013
gotta go be back later.
Clay

United States

#428944 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many times in scripture "water" refers to a cleansing from God. Ain't got nothing to do with baptism. Jethro, you know alot more than Clay.
Folks like catholics see the word "water" and say hey look it's baptism. Unfortunately for them, not so.
No no no, my fundie friend, the Catholic Church wasn't started because they read scripture verses and said, "hey guys, it looks like Peter must be a Pope or something; and water appears to used for baptism, duh I guess it important"
Serious Chuck.. the Church came first and then the Bible. Apostolic teaching directly from the Apostles installed Baptism.. and the Papacy for that matter.

Every single one of you separate Christian communities formed because some guy interpreted scripture verses himself, and started a religion based on a certain theme from the Bible.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#428945 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.
John 3:1-7 - "water" = Acts 2:38 = "spirit"
spiritual conception occurs when the Gospel (i.e. the seed of the Holy Spirit—Luke 8:11) is implanted in the human heart and mind (James 1:18; 1 Corinthians 4:15; Ephesians 6:17; 1 Peter 1:23). The Word of God, in turn, generates penitent faith in the human heart (Romans 10:17) that leads the individual to obey the Gospel by being baptized in water (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Hebrews 10:22). The resulting condition of the individual is that he or she IS NOW A CHILD of God, a citizen of the kingdom, and member of the church of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20; Galatians 3:26-27; Romans 6:4).

Baptism in water (Col.3:1) involves a burial followed by a resurrection.

In Col. 2:11-14 "buried with Him" suggests death to sin. Also, as skin is cut off in the act of circumcision, so sins are cut off at baptism.

Romans 6:3-8 speaks of "newness of life". How much difference would there be in a description of being born again than "newness of life"? It also says we were buried with Him in baptism - death - "our old man was crucified with Him" and we are united in His death at that point. Our old man/body of sin is crucified and done away.

Peter commends those who have obeyed these commands in 1 Peter 1:22-23 - "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

John 3:3 - Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428946 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a roman law made 2000 years ago on grave robbing, after it was discovered the body of Jesus was missing..
Nazareth Inscription
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth_Inscrip...
Peter's Jerusalem tomb was found tho..
"Clyde Billington of Northwestern College (Minnesota) has dated it to AD 41, and interpreted it as evidence for the historicity of Christians preaching the resurrection of Jesus within a decade of his crucifixion."

- dated to 41 CE - 8 years after Jesus' supposed death?

You are fishing.....

Albuquerque, NM

#428947 Mar 20, 2013
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
So you believe Jesus in these teachings then, right?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#428948 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter the apostle was not any more special than the other apostles, who were all inspired with the Holy Spirit breathed upon by Jesus himself!
The keys were given to "all of you" (KJV) meaning the church of believers meaning all who are saved in the church are saved those who are not are lost.
The RC has only taken a few verses and corrupted the translation. Their Bible is completely different for this reason.
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428949 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only his body.
...along with his other family members.....
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/
Only His body??? What happen to the rest of Him?????

Location hidden

#428950 Mar 20, 2013
925 921
<quoted text>
here is a link to all the ossuraries found:
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/the_tomb/unnam...
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!

Location hidden

#428951 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
oxbow,WHEN DO I GET THE DEED TO YOUR FARM YOU OWE ME? OR ARE YOU GOING TO WELCH?
First rule in betting. "To collect the bet...you must win it".

Location hidden

#428952 Mar 20, 2013
Despite the MANY sinners in the Church, including the papacy and clergy. However the dogma remains true despite our human nature. Luther broke the Body of Christ and therefore sinned.
The Church still teaches that others can go to heaven even if not Catholic. So let's not be proud of our belief but be an example to others on how to live.
Horse apples!!!!!

Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428954 Mar 20, 2013
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.

The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Free Mind

Spring Hill, FL

#428955 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll ask you the same question i ask all Catholics,show me in scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is his true church?
True...

Plus, after 1600 years, show us the real-world, real-life evidence of this moral superiority.

Where's the beef?
Clay

United States

#428956 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples!!!!!
Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428957 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.

The apostles did not found the Roman Church. That was Simon Magus. Read - weep!

www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm

www.youtube.com/playlist...

Location hidden

#428958 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
n
(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a member of any of the Churches regarded as Catholic, esp the Roman Catholic Church.

Glad to help the lame of brain...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 8 hr Walnut 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Scales Off 8,915
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Thu david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) Wed Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Wed swedenforever 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web