Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,670)

Showing posts 413,381 - 413,400 of530,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a message board.
Your not being honest with yourself will not impact my life.
But my question got you spinning. Sorry to make you dizzy :o)
Peace
Would it impact your life if I taught you proper grammar?

"Your not being honest"

Actually it's... "You're not being honest"...you're a clown like your friend Clay.

See Uncle Free, they sound alike but have different meanings.

Catholic education too eh sweety?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of words put together with no answer to my question. Again Clay my question:
Tell me what is living water Jesus refers to:
Woman at the well:
John 4:10
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
Its obvious Christ is talking about something more than the water she is about to drink.

so how does this cancel out using water for Baptism? Or downplaying the importance of using water?
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a passage that states baptism is the act of being born again.
4 But when the kindness and generous love

of God our savior appeared,c

5 not because of any righteous deeds we had done

but because of his mercy,

he saved us through the bath of rebirth

and renewal by the holy Spirit,d

6 whom he richly poured out on us

through Jesus Christ our savior,e

7 so that we might be justified by his grace

and become heirs in hope of eternal life.f

http://www.usccb.org/bible/titus/3/

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you are a clown Clay. Stupid posts like this. When did I say water is stupid. I thought you were leaving..you lied. Go confess to your priest
~~~

Rom_14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1Co_10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious Christ is talking about something more than the water she is about to drink.
so how does this cancel out using water for Baptism? Or downplaying the importance of using water?
~~~
JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THE WATERS OF LIFE

Joh_4:14 -->But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.--> I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:1 And he shewed me--> a pure river of water of life,<-- clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let -->him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. <--
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't answer my question Clay. Your post seems like you don't know.

Again::

Woman at the well:
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you,‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”

**Come on Clay. You're catholic. You know everything about scripture. Teach me
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions?
what is this?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
When un-natural men were real un-natural men........
there were more self-made eunuchs on earth.
They just don't make un-natural men like they used to!!!
I know. What happened to this positive reinforcement of the masses?

:o)
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
what is this?
---> ? <---

A Question Mark...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Oxbow. It's good being one who brings light to the world.
Now I know how you feel. I see the light. No more discernment for moi.
A great way to start the day :o)
A perfect example of your inability to understand. I said you bring light to the Word of God, and you understood that as "you bring light to the world"!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
Next thing we know, you'll be standing next Pastor Rob and calling me "Your Holiness".
Settle down Oxbow.....breathe. I understand the astonishment can be overwhelming, but no need to thank me, okay. Pay it forward.
Please, I beg you Great Sage, look in your bag of wisdom for more wisdom you can impart to me to make my life more enjoyably and fruitful!!!!!
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it impact your life if I taught you proper grammar?
"Your not being honest"
Actually it's... "You're not being honest"...you're a clown like your friend Clay.
See Uncle Free, they sound alike but have different meanings.
Catholic education too eh sweety?
LMAO.

Nothing wrong with my wording -- "Your not being honest with yourself will not impact my life." e.g. "Your lack of honesty..."

Too-angry-to-read Chuck claims it should be -- "You're not being honest with yourself will not impact my life."

Maybe if we inserted "and it" in you're sentence?:o)

Then angry Chuck attacks Catholics schools because he can't read. LMAO

But the "sweety" thing is just plain creepy -- but what else does angry Chuck have? I'll say this, Clay set the stage to get him going with the name-calling. Our Clay!! Who knew???

Chuck, I don't want to tell you what the last girl who kept calling me "sweety" wanted. I'll just say you are out of luck here. Sorry little guy :o)

(Best thread in months! Sorry I must leave. Back later. This is too rich.)
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect example of your inability to understand. I said you bring light to the Word of God, and you understood that as "you bring light to the world"!!!!!!
Opps, forgive me. Gotta run

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions?
This teaches baptism as much as it teaches we are to pray to the Pink Rabbit!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This teaches baptism as much as it teaches we are to pray to the Pink Rabbit!!!!!
My thoughts as well but I thought why bother..Fun is proabably a catholic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

904 892
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts as well but I thought why bother..Fun is proabably a catholic.
No doubt.....
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't answer my question Clay. Your post seems like you don't know.
Again::
Woman at the well:
**Come on Clay. You're catholic. You know everything about scripture. Teach me
-I'm a Catholic laity. I do not know everything about scripture and would never claim such an absurdity.

- I told you what I thought about John 4:10. Sorry man, I don't chop the Bible into thousands of separate verses as if there all isolated sentences.(I don't believe it was written that way) As much as you get off on Bible verse warfare, I happen to think it a sin.

- teach you? ha. you seem to have it all figured out. Then again, so does Confrint and Saban. And that SDA guy. Why don't you guys bludgeon each other with Bible passages. Lets see who the Holy Spirit really is guiding to truth.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THE WATERS OF LIFE
Joh_4:14 -->But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.--> I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev_22:1 And he shewed me--> a pure river of water of life,<-- clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let -->him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. <--
Pentecostals believe in the significance of water Baptism. Right?
I'm curious to know your thoughts on this. I was a bit surprised that most of Protestantism practice water Baptism- believing the water itself is of importance.
Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans and Methodist all have a sacrament called 'Confirmation', where we can reaffirm our parents decision to Baptize us and raise us in Christianity. We do this at an age of maturity. For Catholics, its usually 13 or 14.

what do Pentecostals do?

“Peace Thru Superior Firepower”

Since: Mar 13

Hayburn, Idaho

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Out of all the various christian religions, I find the Catholics to be the least offensive.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
-I'm a Catholic laity. I do not know everything about scripture and would never claim such an absurdity.
- I told you what I thought about John 4:10. Sorry man, I don't chop the Bible into thousands of separate verses as if there all isolated sentences.(I don't believe it was written that way) As much as you get off on Bible verse warfare, I happen to think it a sin.
- teach you? ha. you seem to have it all figured out. Then again, so does Confrint and Saban. And that SDA guy. Why don't you guys bludgeon each other with Bible passages. Lets see who the Holy Spirit really is guiding to truth.
It's ok Clay. I didn't think for one second you knew what Jesus meant when He said "living water". thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,381 - 413,400 of530,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••