Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,667)

Showing posts 413,321 - 413,340 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because that verse is totally consistent with so much else that Jesus taught doesn't stop people like Oxbow from making things up to suit themselves.
To bad so many people in the Bible and throughout history followed what Jesus actually said.
The earliest Christian writers were so confused and foolish.
Too bad the Holy Spirit even put that in the Bible in the first place, without consulting with Oxbow.
Being an Oxbow Christian is so easy. Forget the words of Jesus. Judge others, condemn others, and cling to your wealth.
That's called a "sure thing" in Oxbowanity. HAHAHAHAHA
Herein is your problem regards your inability to understand Scripture...

Quote: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post links to "Fools" so I too can see what you see.
I think you are jsut applying this passage to someone who has a better grasp upon what the Bible tends to teach, than you do, so you use this passage as your door out.
It won't work in the 21st C. Maybe it did in the 1st and prior centuries, as those individuals didn't have the intellect as humans today do.
Why do you try to mislead others, especially with Jewish texts?
Oh yeah - I keep forgetting, you are a Rabbi.
;o)
If from my posts you understand that I are a Rabbi, you have a severe case of dysfunctional....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But the slaves they owned were from other nations, so the Bible says no problem.
Of course, anyone can spin the words 1600 years after the fact.
Next you will claim that the earth doesn't sit on pillars. Yikes!
Amazing that so many posters here have all the answers, yet they are stuck on an anonymous message board, because no one else cares about their infinite wisdom.
How tragic!
-
p.s.s.
FYI the Earth does not sit on pillars and I don't need to 'claim' it to make it so. We have photos showing the earth sits (hangs) on nothing, just as the Bible says.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
I'm happy to see you could not refute my assertion.
-
Your obvious error (to true Christians) here, disregards the fact that Christians ARE ALSO FROM *EVERY* NATION, and therefore "brothers" in the TRUTH:
Free Mind: "But the slaves they owned were from other nations, so the Bible says no problem."
-
so, yeah. The Bible (Word of God) DOES have a problem with it.
How could anyone even begin to refute an anonymous poster with infinite wisdom, who attacks and condemns Thomas Jefferson?

What's the point? When the Bible was written, Christians were from *every nation*--- except for one tiny problem.

That verse was written many centuries before Christianity even came into existence.

Awesome!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be willing to bet the farm that you don't even know what day of the week this is!!!!!!
well where i am it's Tuesday march 19 2013 4:41 pm,with light rain and snow showers temps in the high 30's. what day is it where you are?
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If from my posts you understand that I are a Rabbi, you have a severe case of dysfunctional....
This poster must go to his family party to pick up chicks -- just like his pa used to do.

(Just funnin' but really dude, think about the Rabbi thing again.)

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be willing to bet the farm that you don't even know what day of the week this is!!!!!!
so how big is your farm? and when should we get together so i can get the deed?or you could buy it back? how big is it?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Please post links to "Fools" so I too can see what you see.
I think you are jsut applying this passage to someone who has a better grasp upon what the Bible tends to teach, than you do, so you use this passage as your door out.
It won't work in the 21st C. Maybe it did in the 1st and prior centuries, as those individuals didn't have the intellect as humans today do.
Why do you try to mislead others, especially with Jewish texts?
Oh yeah - I keep forgetting, you are a Rabbi.
;o)
-
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
-
guest *raises hand* and says, "I know the answer! NASL has a 'severe case of dysfunctional'.... self."

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God speaks of and your ilk...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
you don't like Jews either? you hate Jesus? what's the interest in my post??
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Ludicrous, Clay! How can you claim we have nothing in common with the original church when you can find NO scriptural difference in the church of Christ and the first century examples of the church we read about in scripture? Put up or shut up.
did the Apostles preach the faith by word of mouth and letter or not?
your answer should be 2thess 2:15.
So what traditions (this would be considered sacred) does your church of Christ practice to this day?
I showed you writings from the Disciples of the Apostles that show the Church taking shape. clement of Rome wrote his epistles while some of the Apostles were still alive. Others like Ignatius of Antioch spelled out the Christian faith as given verbally from the Apostles. A responsible Christian should be interested in what these men wrote.

your practices are based purely on what you guys see in scriptures through a 20th century lense. THAT Saban, is irresponsible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the info in my post and your response to it, I have no idea what you are asking me...
Your post to FM:

Free Mind wrote:
Again, Oxbow edits the Bible.
"Judge not ... " is nowhere to be found in the Oxbow Bible.
lmao

Oxbow wrote:
Not judging....simply showing you from Scripture what your words say about you...

The Word of God speaks of and your ilk...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

New Age writes:

So I asked you to post where I can see what you see about "fools".

Please post a link that shows evidence that the passage you reference is applicable to those individuals.

I don't believe you know who is a 'fool' and who is not, but will sure judge others as such (with this passage), because they don't believe like you.

You are foolish to think like this.

Live in love.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Herein is your problem regards your inability to understand Scripture...
Quote: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
And yet you beleive the Bible, even when this passage clearly dictates that anything writen by men is foolishness.

Thank you fro proving yet again that Christianity is a fraud made for fools, like you.

But still.....you and all of Christendom think certain men were infallible.

*sighs*

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well - you do quote alot of Jewish texts, inside of Jesus.

You are right, my sarcasm should not be posted.

Please stop misleading others with your personal interpretation of Jewish texts.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
;o)
-
-
-
<quoted text>
-
guest *raises hand* and says, "I know the answer! NASL has a 'severe case of dysfunctional'.... self."
*points to guest*

Wrong. My Self is functioning just fine.

Wanna try again?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't like Jews either? you hate Jesus? what's the interest in my post??
So-called "Christians" don't hate Jesus, they just don't believe what he taught.

That is the distinct difference between these two characteristics and how they apply it to Jesus.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

guest wrote:
-
I'm happy to see you could not refute my assertion.
-
Your obvious error (to true Christians) here, disregards the fact that Christians ARE ALSO FROM *EVERY* NATION, and therefore "brothers" in the TRUTH:
Free Mind: "But the slaves they owned were from other nations, so the Bible says no problem."
-
so, yeah. The Bible (Word of God) DOES have a problem with it.
-
-
Free Mind wrote:
How could anyone even begin to refute an anonymous poster with infinite wisdom, who attacks and condemns Thomas Jefferson?
What's the point? When the Bible was written, Christians were from *every nation*--- except for one tiny problem.
That verse was written many centuries before Christianity even came into existence.
Awesome!
-
And YOU in your higher level of "infinite wisdom" attack and condemn me? a.k.a. an *anonymous poster*?
-
So. Let's get this straight. YOU are NOT an *anonymous poster* as well? Your Legal name is Free Mind? AWESOME! Nice to meet you, Mr. Mind!
-
Furthermore, it is quite easy to attack and condemn a complete hypocrite such as Thomas Jefferson - especially since he believed HE himself WAS in possession of such a high degree of infinite wisdom that he could re-write the Christian Greek Scriptures at will. For that I attack him.
-
He also thought it was OK to rape a slave woman and father children by her. For that I attack him. Jefferson's late wife did not want Thomas to remarry. Aw - she was jealous even in death! Therefore, since Thomas agreed to this, he could not have "legitimate' sex with a 'white' woman (married or not)- so he took his unwed slave into his bed. Perhaps Sally Hemings loved him given the circumstances of the day, but she bore him TWO children who were automatically members of the 'slave class'. Upon his death, he COULD have freed all of his slaves, but he chose to 'free' only two. His own children. He was the only presidential slave owner who DID NOT free his slaves upon his death. For that I attack him.
-
See what a AWESOME and FINE example of an "upstanding member of society" he was to his contemporary citizens?! For that, too, I attack him.
-
Finally: which specific verse are you referring to when you say, "That verse was written many centuries before Christianity even came into existence.", hmm? I'd like to know, so I can refute this statement of yours, as well.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

guest wrote:
;o)
-
-
-
<quoted text>
-
*points to guest*
Wrong. My Self is functioning just fine.
Wanna try again?
-
no. I don't need to. I've already shown you how you are all over the map and therefore, dysfunctional.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

710 638
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well where i am it's Tuesday march 19 2013 4:41 pm,with light rain and snow showers temps in the high 30's. what day is it where you are?
"4:41 pm,with light rain and snow showers temps in the high 30's" is not the day of the week!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

712 638
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so how big is your farm? and when should we get together so i can get the deed?or you could buy it back? how big is it?
I was right...you don't know what day of the eek is today!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

oops!!! week...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,321 - 413,340 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••